Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Maybe the real tracker are the friends and enemies we made along the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I'm both an idiot and a trash person and people did not understand the tracker thing for multiple pages? Wow.

This is how I feel. I have trouble functioning in day-to-day life. I gently caress up making change and have trouble reading analog clocks. Yet I had absolutely no trouble understanding what Mike was doing.

That's right, I'm willing to totally own myself just to make a mean-spirited point in the Better Call Saul TV IV thread.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

People are probably just overthinking it a little.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Just the fact that so many people didn't understand it literally proves that something about it was unclear

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I hope 1216 is the address of los pollos hermanos

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

drunken officeparty posted:

Just the fact that so many people didn't understand it literally proves that something about it was unclear

Actually it proves goons are notoriously inattentive to what they are watching/doing.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Yeah if you read enough TV IV threads it's A Thing. Just watch the TV show, don't be on your phone also.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Why did Mike speak in Chuck's voice when he asked about the gas cap?

Shbobdb fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Apr 14, 2017

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

theflyingexecutive posted:

The only way it could have been more obvious would have Mike had gone to he vet and said:
"hey I found this tracking device on my car that some bad guys put there, which I realized after seeing generic gas caps for sale at a junkyard, can you get me a tracking device except I'll have the receiver so I can see where the bad guys go? I'm going to trick them into taking it by running the battery down on their tracking device so when they come to replace it, it will actually be my tracking device instead of theirs. Then I'm going to take their replacement tracking device and put it in my front yard, so they'll think I'm still at home, but I'll be tracking them with my tracking device that I had tricked them into taking."
"Ok, what kind of tracking device is it?"
"Well you see, after I found the tracking device, I looked at it under a magnifying glass. On the label it had the model number, but it also said transmitter in big words. the words weren't really big, they just looked that way because I was using a magnifying glass. If I want to trick the bad guys and follow them to their bad guy hideout I need to know what kind of tracking device system they use, so I would like you to buy a tracking device system from you, the man who does illegal things for me for money"
"Ok, also I would like extra money because it is late at night, specifically 3:30am, a time which most people understand to be late at night and I would not prefer to be awake this late at night, I would like to be asleep, as is customary for most people to do at 3:30am, a late at night time"
"Ok here is your extra money for being up late at night and also getting this illegal tracking device system for me. I am not attempting to negotiate this extra rate because I have a lot of money and finding the bad guys is very important to me"
"Thank you for the extra money, now I would like to go because it is late at night"

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Okay, one last time. Via Reddit.

i love this show and this thread

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
I hope next week there's an even more convoluted (simpler?) scheme that breaks the internet even more.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Venuz Patrol posted:

i love this show and this thread

I know for a goddamn fact that the editor went up to Vince and asked if they needed the reverse shot (they definitely got) of the tracker in the first gas cap and Vince had to convince him that his audience would be smart enough to get it and how the cinematographic parallelism of CBP not being able to find the drugs in the earlier scene vs Mike finding the tracker would be lessened by including the shot. lol

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Not strictly BCS related, but I met Rian Johnson tonight and got to tell him how much I loved the Breaking Bad episodes he directed, including perennial goon whipping boy "Fly".

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
They could have shown him throwing away the one in the junk yard and kept with all the silence.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Apr 14, 2017

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
It's me, I'm the bad guy. I was watching the episode while drinking heavily and using my phone and occasionally going outside for cigarettes and I had no clue what was going on with Mike. This is my confession.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Why didn't Jesse just put a tracker in the ricin cigarette to keep track of it?!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

It's me, I'm the bad guy. I was watching the episode while drinking heavily and using my phone and occasionally going outside for cigarettes and I had no clue what was going on with Mike. This is my confession.

I have my own issues in life but I can't loving wrap my head around the fact that you care enough about the show to post on the Internet about it yet like a goddamn bonobo monkey you can't sit down for the loving hour and three minutes it takes to watch this live or the loving 43 minutes it takes to watch this recorded stolen pirated or on demand thanks to iTunes. You couldn't sit you're dumb rear end down long enough to watch this loving show this piece of art? You had to have your loving cigarette so loving badly 1 to 3? I don't know how many cigarettes you needed in an hour but you had to have a few and just had to drink so heavily that it was impossible for you to follow what amounts to a young adult soap opera? Heaven loving help us if you were in charge of the nuclear football because we would all be dead.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

you're dumb rear end

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I dunno, I kind of agree that if you're watching something good then maybe you should not drink to the point where you can't follow it and also not go out to smoke during key moments. And also you should probably sort your life out.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

King Vidiot posted:

I dunno, I kind of agree that if you're watching something good then maybe you should not drink to the point where you can't follow it and also not go out to smoke during key moments. And also you should probably sort your life out.

Hearthstone and morning papers are my drug of choice.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

King Vidiot posted:

IMO it's cool to drink while watching good shows, but if you're drunk enough to not remember watch again before going on the internet and being baffled

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
My Zenith screen is busted but I can still hear the show. It would be a lot easier to follow if Mike would have a friend or something—real or imvaginary!—that he could talk to loudly about what he's doing/his plan is.

Ideally Jim Ross would narrate this show.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Tbf, that dude didn't even post any dumb questions and those scenes were kinda just (beautiful) fluff with the takeaway that "Mike is now tracking the dude who was tracking him and he did it in his usual methodical manner." If you're not really paying attention, then the slow burn of the reveal is lost on you anyway. :shrug:

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
How can you watch Mike take apart a car and do something (I'm still not sure what) with trackers for 20 minutes and not look at your phone?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

some guy on the bus posted:

How can you watch Mike take apart a car and do something (I'm still not sure what) with trackers for 20 minutes and not look at your phone?

Easy, I just don't have my phone sitting right next to me when I watch poo poo and I have an attention span that's longer than 10 seconds.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
The TV IV › Better Call Saul Season 3 - I can't be bothered to watch, explain it to me

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

King Vidiot posted:

Easy, I just don't have my phone sitting right next to me when I watch poo poo and I have an attention span that's longer than 10 seconds.

I never felt the urge to look at my phone while watching Breaking Bad. I think it's the show's fault for failing to hold our interest. The show is not doing it's job if we look at our phones. Therefore, in conclusion, the show is bad.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

some guy on the bus posted:

I really enjoy the cinematography and whenever Mike is doing something it usually ends up being cool? :shrug:

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I watch almost everyting in 30 second to 5 minute bursts. I pause and diddle something else then unpause and repeat. I find it makes for more a more efficient viewing experience.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I hate Kim. She stole Jimmy's clients and is just generally a road block to Jimmy being Jimmy. Kim is a . . .

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Shbobdb posted:

I hate Kim. She stole Jimmy's clients and is just generally a road block to Jimmy being Jimmy. Kim is a . . .

A skilled, conscientious lawyer

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Shbobdb posted:

Competent and law-abiding citizen?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Interact with art however you please but you're gonna get mocked if you roll up in here and ask for the cliff notes for a Soderbergh-level exposition

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Jimmy is going to feel like an idiot when he tries to steal the tape but finds a tracker instead.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Mike is gonna follow the tracker down to its source and discover Hank Schrader.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I gotta say I appreciate the interplay and progression during the cold-open Gene scene.

*Gene, laying low and beaten down, surreptitiously motions to the kid in the booth, clearly wanting to keep his involvement on the down-low*

:cop:: "GOOD WORK CITIZEN, GOD BLESS AMERICA"

Gene, to kid: :mad: "DON'T SAY ANYTHING, GET A LAWYER"

:cop:: rear end in a top hat

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

theflyingexecutive posted:

I hope 1216 is the address of los pollos hermanos

http://i.imgur.com/ZTHuh7u.png

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

Mike is gonna follow the tracker down to its source and discover Hank Schrader.

He's going to find Ernesto, who turns around to switch his glasses and when he turns back around the camera pans up and it's Giancarlo Esposito.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

drat, so close but also that's p impressive that shot lines up with Bob Odenkirk's credit

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

King Vidiot posted:

He's going to find Ernesto, who turns around to switch his glasses and when he turns back around the camera pans up and it's Giancarlo Esposito.

Gilligan played it straight with Breaking Bad and the first two seasons of BCS. Season 3 is the time to finally introduce supernatural elements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Wait a second, do you think the switch from season 2 episode 1 turns the tracker on and off?

• Locked thread