Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

The Silver Snail posted:

Hey, why don't they make good shows instead of bad shows?

This reminds me of something Vince Gilligan said on the Breaking Bad Insider podcast. The shittiest show you watch has had a lot of people pour their hearts and soul, going through soul crushing work for the longest amount of time. Paraphrased a bit, but it opened my eyes a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I take your point but I refuse to believe anyone involved in the Bubsy pilot either enjoyed themselves or gave a poo poo.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Rangpur posted:

I take your point but I refuse to believe anyone involved in the Bubsy pilot either enjoyed themselves or gave a poo poo.

Does wanting to kill yourself count as giving a poo poo?

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Imagine a 22 minute Bugs Bunny cartoon from the era when he was a complete rear end in a top hat, but bereft of all joy, wit, or passion. That's the Bubsy pilot.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Rob Paulsen has very few voice roles he doesn't have at least some fondness for looking back.

The Bubsy pilot is one of them.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Rangpur posted:

It's probably for the best that entire franchise stays dead and buried to be honest (the games were kind of crappy too after all). I think Rob Paulsen himself once said that the only good thing he remembers about voicing Bubsy was that the check cleared.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Apr 13, 2017

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Rob Paulsen has very few voice roles he doesn't have at least some fondness for looking back.

The Bubsy pilot is one of them.

Coconut Fred is apparently another.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

ThermoPhysical posted:

Coconut Fred is apparently another.

Can't blame him, that had to be one of the absolute worst cartoons that Cartoon Network has ever aired, and we're talking about a network that's aired both Johnny Test and Yo Yogi, so that's really saying something

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I forgot Coconut Fred existed and I never watched it when it was airing. Was it as much of a shameless Spongebob ripoff as it looks like?

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

Can't blame him, that had to be one of the absolute worst cartoons that Cartoon Network has ever aired, and we're talking about a network that's aired both Johnny Test and Yo Yogi, so that's really saying something

That was actually on Kids WB, it was a half-assed attempt to be SpongeBob. The blame for that is totally WB Animation's.

....I also just found out it was nominated for two Emmys. That's the worst thing about this.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

ThermoPhysical posted:

....I also just found out it was nominated for two Emmys. That's the worst thing about this.
The existence and inexplicable popularity of Teen Titans Go makes a lot more sense now.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Lately it feels like there is a character that is mute, or only talks in grunts or growls, who everyone inexplicably understands, in every single TV show. It used to be funny back when I thought it was new, like Boomhauer on King of the Hill, but I've seen enough of it that it seems derivative.

Flavors:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheSpeechless
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheUnintelligible
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheVoiceless
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ElectiveMute

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

ThermoPhysical posted:

That was actually on Kids WB, it was a half-assed attempt to be SpongeBob. The blame for that is totally WB Animation's.

It aired on Cartoon Network as well for a couple months so it counts(most of the really bad cartoons that CN has aired over the years originated on other networks and/or were made by an outside studio)

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
WB animation also made the 1st season of Johnny Test (which to be fair was somewhat decent) as well as Teen Titans Go (which to be fair from what I've seen is better than Johnny Test)

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

WB animation also made the 1st season of Johnny Test (which to be fair was somewhat decent) as well as Teen Titans Go (which to be fair from what I've seen is better than Johnny Test)

I'm starting to think that Johnny Test was never decent, because I remember that year and it was one of the worst for Saturday morning cartoons.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
mostly the extra quality of the first season was from the better, non-flash animation

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Rudoku posted:

I'm starting to think that Johnny Test was never decent, because I remember that year and it was one of the worst for Saturday morning cartoons.

That's mostly because most of the other shows that Kids WB had in its twilight years were still better than it

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

mostly the extra quality of the first season was from the better, non-flash animation

Pretty much, still if it had kept that quality it would probably be remembered better than the abomination it became in its later seasons

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That's my cue!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hxIi8j3QR0

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Rangpur posted:

I didn't say they gave a poo poo, just that it required a poo poo load of work. There's a ton of poo poo about, I think it was the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, "sweat boxes", people worked to the bone.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
So far Real Ghostbusters seems to hold up pretty well. Definitely didn't notice the little original songs in each episode as a kid. Looking forward to Stay Puft showing up again and whenever they end up showing the inside of the containment unit. I only watch 1 or 2 episodes a day...it doesn't seem to binge watch easily.

OTOH, I binged Star vs. season 2 in two days and now I feel hollow and empty inside. Steven Universe is on hiatus. Rebels is on hiatus. I guess its back to books for awhile.

I still hate Ponyhead.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Man I was hoping there'd be a thread for Miraculous. I stumbled upon it one night on Netflix and just binged it over a few days. It is perfect mindless brain candy with just enough teasing of a backstory.

My kids are both into it now too and I've heard season 2 drops August on Netflix US but May in France (I guess the extra time is for dubbing?)Anyone confirm that?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Oracle posted:

Man I was hoping there'd be a thread for Miraculous. I stumbled upon it one night on Netflix and just binged it over a few days. It is perfect mindless brain candy with just enough teasing of a backstory.

My kids are both into it now too and I've heard season 2 drops August on Netflix US but May in France (I guess the extra time is for dubbing?)Anyone confirm that?

I've heard June (for Netflix) but nothing concrete.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The only thing I know is that in summer, we'll get 13 episodes and then at some point later in the year the other 13 will be dropped so S2 is complete. There's also two specials being worked on, one a Halloween special and the other a trip to China.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Just as a sidenote, you've seen the Christmas Special (Santa Claws in English/Pire Noel (Bother Christmas) in French), right?

It's listed separately on Netflix.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

God June would make my kids happy, they keep asking how long til August.

And yeah, I saw it in English. The lyrics... leave a lot to be desired. Oy. Maybe its better in French? Adrian was kind of disturbing in it, in that he chooses to destroy a picture of himself rather than the Christmas tree. There is some seriously dark poo poo going on under the surface if you take a minute to think about it. Poor kid's got issues.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

the songs in the christmas special sound much better in french, yes.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
For one thing, Adrian's French voice actor can actually sing the word Cataclysm.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

So Cartoon Network seems to have decided at the last minute that airing a programming day with nothing but a show that has six episodes to its name is a bad idea. I kinda get the feeling that this was some kinda error, since an entire day of one show would be the kind of thing they'd promote.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
They're still going to air Cloudy all weekend though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I still say that show has like a month before it's cast off to languish and die in Boomerang.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/CarmenSandiego/status/854403661912518657

New Carmen Sandiego series!

This one is actually ABOUT Carmen!

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
That's awesome, kids need good and fun edutainment
I hope it's a fun show.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Miraculous has also got a New York-set special in the works, but since it's a backdoor pilot for two new Zag shows I'm not expecting much from it, if it even comes to fruition.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

But will it have the awesome A cappella Theme song?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

God dammit, Lucky Girl is just a movie in the Ben 10 reboot this sucks.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

God dammit, Lucky Girl is just a movie in the Ben 10 reboot this sucks.

Yeah that was weird(not to mention the reboot Lucky Girl design is hideous even when compared to a lot of the other redesigns in the reboot), also kinda doesn't bode well for Gwen getting permanent magic abilities any time soon here(which is the wrong way to go about it, a good reboot would have given her her magic permanently as soon as possible)

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

But will it have the awesome A cappella Theme song?

It's animated, and it will star Carmen Sandiego and the Player, so it sounds more like Where on Earth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGufyFt6zQc

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jackie-chan-launches-kids-animation-show-feature-film-follow-994539
New Jackie Chan Adventures!!!

Hype settled in?

Hollywoodreporter posted:

The Hong Kong action-comedy icon will next appear in J-Team: All New Jackie Chan Adventures, a children's 3D cartoon series featuring a child version of Chan and a team of kid protagonists who defend a magical dreamland against monster invaders.

The 104-episode series cost an estimated $6 million to produce and is set to air on three children’s satellite TV channels and 200 terrestrial channels across China. The show also stars child actress Kyana "Poppy" Downs, one of the breakout stars from the smash-hit Chinese reality series Dad, Where Are We Going?
:what:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

That does sound weird but I'd still give it a shot, not likely to be good but you never know for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
6 million to make 104 episodes? How cheap is this animation gonna be?