Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Hair spider dude is so ded.

Figuratively. Cause there ain't no way that the author will deprive us of goofy long haired quadruped nerd before letting him interact with the rest of the crew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Well, if Adam Dudley says the assassin magic man is bad who am I to disagree.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

Hes just so happy that they are cool and the right size.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

What is her deal, anyway? She's been keeping an eye on Ohma, Yamashita et. al on Nogi's behalf, but that's always been really obvious and the storytelling keeps hinting there's something more to it. Best I've got is Nogi wants to make sure he can trust them with his dreams when his chosen fighter inevitably jobs to the Fang.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think she's an obvious spy but everyone around her is so oblivious that they don't notice.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i think she's an obvious spy but everyone around her is so oblivious that they don't notice.

Her fujoshi sentiments are genuine and don't you dare suggest otherwise.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

You're thinking of the assistant to Koyo University's president. Who might also be a spy, but even spies need hobbies man.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
aide a likes sexy men and is shady as gently caress. aide b also likes sexy men but she likes it even more when they make out and is not shady at all.

they are both pretty great.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Japanese sauna / bath omake chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kengan-Ashua/Vol-007-Ch-057-005?id=359458

Featuring everyone in various states of undress. Pretty much the entire chapter is :nws:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Karla is a surprisingly good girl.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Steamy

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kaneda's pretty moe

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Great a filler chapter. Can't wait until 2025 when we finally reach parity with the raws from 2016.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New Kengan chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kengan-Ashua/Vol-008-Ch-058?id=362145

In which yet another CEO hilariously over-estimates Yamashita's business brilliance.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
what a fearsome man

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'm glad yamashita is going to unintentionally become the worlds richest man

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Someday I may get tired of the "Yamashita gets overestimated" running gag, but today is not that day. He's probably going to lose most of it betting on something stupid during the break between days of the tournament though. Also, shout-out to the series' breakout character, Ohma's New Shorts.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I love how everyone keeps complimenting his shorts.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I love how everyone keeps complimenting his shorts.

of course they do. Yamashita bought them for him

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

it's cool they are giving us more reasons to cheer for Ohma because we don't want yamashita to get throw in the mahjong lead mines

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

This doesn't really up the stakes for me but it'll be nice if Yamashita ends this tournament fabulously wealthy.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The last 2 chapters are the biggest reason not to read ahead in raws you don't understand imo. How would you know Ohma's shorts were such a big deal?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'll laugh my rear end off if the shorts proved to be vital to Ohma's win in this match. Like, they blind his opponent due to the way the sun reflects off the shorts at a particular angle, or something like that.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

This manga is the story of him becoming like Chairman Metsudo. Fabulously wealthy, and even though he doesn't fight his sheer force of will is overpowering.

Also Ohma gets revenge or whatever.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Seriously, this manga wouldn't be anywhere near as good without the Yamashita/Ohma dynamic. He was originally supposed to be gone after the first chapter, and now he's arguably the protagonist! It's great.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Guest mangaka Junji Ito.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

MonsieurChoc posted:

Seriously, this manga wouldn't be anywhere near as good without the Yamashita/Ohma dynamic. He was originally supposed to be gone after the first chapter, and now he's arguably the protagonist! It's great.

Yeah, 100% this. Not to say that Ohma's a bad character, but the story as told from his perspective is extremely simple, but that's fine because the manga isn't expecting you to be hugely invested in him as a person. Yamashita flat-out could not be participating in the story without Ohma (or a similar character), but he's the one you're hoping succeeds, because he is such an incredible underdog.

Hellbunny
Dec 24, 2008

I'm not bad, I'm just misunderstood.
New chapter:
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kengan-Ashua/Vol-008-Ch-059?id=363226

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Inba-San is truly a master of "edging"

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Why did they make such a fuss about Yamashita's bet? If I'm not mistaken he's done for unless Ohma wins anyway, so he doesn't have anything to lose.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Petiso posted:

Why did they make such a fuss about Yamashita's bet? If I'm not mistaken he's done for unless Ohma wins anyway, so he doesn't have anything to lose.

a) Yamashita being over a barrel is the long-term threat. This just helps raise the stakes in the short term to give us, the audience, yet another reason to cheer on Ohma. Who to be honest isn't terribly interesting on his own.

b) It's funny.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
How chill most of the fighters are when not fighting is still my favorite thing in this series. Imai and Dudley watching the match together :3:.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
fight bros

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Zerilan posted:

How chill most of the fighters are when not fighting is still my favorite thing in this series. Imai and Dudley watching the match together :3:.

Seriously one of the best parts of the manga, nobody ever takes it personally when they lose a match. I really like the (raws spoiler, but not really a huge one) doctor dude who's obsessed with disecting people, he winds up treating most of the severely injured fighters who all chill out in the infirmary

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'd be curious to see how some of the fighters who (likely) won't ever be paired against one another would fare in a fight. Dudley's gimmick seems to mostly be "can punch really really hard", which is also similar to the gimmicks of folks like Haru and that guy Cosmo is friends with (who both seem to have "is really strong" as their main trait). I wonder how he would do against another strength focused character like that. My guess is that Cosmo's friend is significantly stronger (since he seems to be one of the top fighters, period), but I'm not so sure about everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I still believe in Adam. But yeah super hockey punches probably couldn't stand up to pop a dude's head and break the concrete underneath punches.