Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

The White Dragon posted:

For real? I got her from the special stage and I swear she didn't have Dance until 4*, because she sure as hell had the SP to learn it from prestiging twice.

Hone attack 3 is the reward for 4*'ing her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Murderion posted:

Is there anything massively wrong with Seliph in general? His stats seem to be pretty solid even if his skills are boring and poo poo. I'm asking because I've got one and my only other sword infantry options are "hits like a wet noodle" Selena, "ehhh" Alphonse and the Olivia I picked up from the special quests today. Olivia... isn't very good at fights at 3*.
Compared to other big-name sword users (like Lucina and Roy), Seliph falls behind in terms of what he can do. Anything that Seliph could do can be done better by the other sword users, which is a problem that faces that entire group. It's either you have the good sword units, or you don't and make do with what you have. Selena, for comparison, has an Armorslayer and Triangle Adept which are very useful in the long run, but she needs some investment to cover her stats. Seliph falls into the same issues, but he needs to inherit other skills (which means needing a lot of SP) to catch up, and that's his biggest problem. The best advice I can give to you is: if you need a sword unit, alternate between Seliph and Selena (depending on team composition) until you get something better.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Before the patch I'd say that might be true but post patch just slap sword breaker on Seliph and he's good to go. He'll kill every red sword cause of his high attack and they'll do little damage to him cause of his def. Likewise he can kill any axe user by just tanking the first hit, even if the green doubles or quads him, and killing them on the subsequent round.

When we get that def/-atk skill then Seliph will prolly hit absurd def values. I'm looking forward to that.

You just have to watch for mages with him and that's like every red who isn't Ryoma. Honestly red sword are so boring now that it's basically Ryoma, Eldigan, and then everyone else. Hopefully Alm will be cool.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Seliph's personal weapon is even worse than most other personals too for some reason. 16 might sure, but it doesn't give a level 2 skill as a passive like all the others. It gives a worse version of defiant def 1.5 because it only triggers on attacking and not at start of turn.

He does have a ton of HP though.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Hyper Inferno posted:

Seliph's personal weapon is even worse than most other personals too for some reason. 16 might sure, but it doesn't give a level 2 skill as a passive like all the others. It gives a worse version of defiant def 1.5 because it only triggers on attacking and not at start of turn.

He does have a ton of HP though.

Cause it stacks with defiant def

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rascyc posted:

Before the patch I'd say that might be true but post patch just slap sword breaker on Seliph and he's good to go. He'll kill every red sword cause of his high attack and they'll do little damage to him cause of his def. Likewise he can kill any axe user by just tanking the first hit, even if the green doubles or quads him, and killing them on the subsequent round.

When we get that def/-atk skill then Seliph will prolly hit absurd def values. I'm looking forward to that.

You just have to watch for mages with him and that's like every red who isn't Ryoma. Honestly red sword are so boring now that it's basically Ryoma, Eldigan, and then everyone else. Hopefully Alm will be cool.

Is Eldigan that good?

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Is Eldigan that good?

He's tanky with one of the game's best weapons and 3 move. Inheriting a different special along with a breaker or quick riposte basically cover his speed deficiency.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

My last deathless run ended when I didn't check skills and a Swordbreaker Eldigan curbstomped my Eirika.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I have a Vantage Eldigan and he won me a grand hero battle by face-tanking Michalis and his cancer-crew. Solid unit, that guy. Shame about the mullet.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Roger Explosion posted:

I have a Vantage Eldigan and he won me a grand hero battle by face-tanking Michalis and his cancer-crew. Solid unit, that guy. Shame about the mullet.

The 90s were a different time!!

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

TheKingofSprings posted:

Is Eldigan that good?
He's note worthy amongst a sea of bland reds in that he rides a horse. Eliwood has garbo art so gently caress that guy imo

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
gently caress my main account don't have any bunnies at all. bullshit game.

Also how's Julia? Got an HP+/Def- version of her. I got like Chrom and Lucina so I don't really see the point of her. :(

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

gently caress my main account don't have any bunnies at all. bullshit game.

Also how's Julia? Got an HP+/Def- version of her. I got like Chrom and Lucina so I don't really see the point of her. :(

She is allegedly extremely good with SI, particularly as a meta counter to Nowi and Linde but I also have a +HP/Def- and she is just atrociously slow against pretty much everything, cant OHKO most things and mine is level 40 with hardly any SP to fix her up with, nor any inclination since I already have a Gronnblade Smilla. I think the typical build is Fury and Lance/Gtomebreaker but I'm not sure what kind of breakpoints those inheritances give her against meta picks

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm having the opposite Arena difficulty experience to most other people here since I think the arena has gotten easier after the patch.

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

Speaking of Spring Camilla, I'm trying to decide on which C Skill to get for her.

So far it's either Threaten Spd or Threaten Res, here's her current stats:

Originally she was -HP +Def but I managed to snag a -Def +Atk to use instead.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Alright goons, how can I make the winningest Defense team from what I have here?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Rascyc posted:

He's note worthy amongst a sea of bland reds in that he rides a horse. Eliwood has garbo art so gently caress that guy imo

Counterpoint: Eliwood's damaged art is funny

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Majinfefnir13 posted:

Speaking of Spring Camilla, I'm trying to decide on which C Skill to get for her.

So far it's either Threaten Spd or Threaten Res, here's her current stats:

Originally she was -HP +Def but I managed to snag a -Def +Atk to use instead.
It won't make much of a difference. A Gronnraven+/Triangle Adept 3 Bunny Camilla is already taking down every colourless and blue unit worth a drat anyway. Run your Camilla through the calculator against other common meta units. For example:

With set-up time (for Threaten RES/SPD to kick in with their penalties) Threaten Spd allows your Bunny Camilla to take down an unmerged Hector with every IV except +SPD. Threaten Res doesn't.

Andrast posted:

I'm having the opposite Arena difficulty experience to most other people here since I think the arena has gotten easier after the patch.
I agree. Once I finish off this next deathless run today (probably), I'm going to throw in every merged 5* I own and see what I get: 40+1 Eirika, 40+2 Nino, 40+1 Effie, 40+1 Bunny Chrom. That should be BST enough to see if the 40+10-gently caress-YOU teams come back.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

I agree. Once I finish off this next deathless run today (probably), I'm going to throw in every merged 5* I own and see what I get: 40+1 Eirika, 40+2 Nino, 40+1 Effie, 40+1 Bunny Chrom. That should be BST enough to see if the 40+10-gently caress-YOU teams come back.

I could also get harder teams if I wanted since there are units I haven't merged.

I have duplicates of 5* Effie, Lucina, BLucina and Nino but merging just seems so wasteful.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Apr 14, 2017

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Andrast posted:

It's much easier for me. I can't remember if I posted this here but I think if you were fury leveraging pre patch the game should really be easier.

Honestly I've lost interest in arena, I'm just gonna build my favorite waifus and call it!

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I sneaked in a last single pull in the bunnies and got a second BLucina!

I fed her to my other Lucina so she could get Swift Sparrow. Who else really benefits from it? I was looking at trying it on Kagero.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I don't think Swift Sparrow is all that good. I think it's much better to maximize Attack or Speed with Death/Darting Blow than have a more mediocre version of both.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Well I pulled Faye. Her gimmick is a weapon that allows no counterattacks.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
I did a five pull despite it having three reds. I have way too many sword lords.

Now I have a 4 marth and two 5 Alms on top of that

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
I also pulled a Faye, and another 4 star Abel and a 5 Star Cain!

My current Abel is -atk +spd and the new one is +HP -Res, should I invest into the new one so he can have that boost to attack?

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Not familiar with Alm's game, what's the lore reason for him having the Falchion?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I do think arena has gotten easier, yeah.

Ran into my first Sanaki the other day though. And it was on the double bridge map so I couldn't get my non-Subaki units out of the way in time. That map is so bad.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Faye seems alright. Her low speed synergizes with her weapon's prevention of getting doubled on attacks. With the right positioning she could be immensely difficult to deal with.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
Did a few pulls on the new banner, got one set with three red orbs, a blue and a green. I opened the reds and the blue and got a bunch of garbage and then I thought I might as well open the green even though there are no focus greens this time around on the off chance it's like a Hector or something.

It was.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Got Lukas with first 5 orbs. His A skill will be good when it's on a character from a game I played.

Next ~20 orbs were typical trash.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Anyone else miss when we'd get 6 new characters on a banner?

Their ten year plan for filling out the roster seems optimistic.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
I had 140 orbs saved up since the last banners were terrible.

Spent 120 and got nothing. The last 20 got me my fifth off banner Young Tiki and a -HP/+Res Alm.

Alm looks to be even slower than Chrom and Selilph. Why with his special ability? It's totally useless.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
So, is Alm/Lukas good? What about Clair? Faye can go to hell, I don't need another archer.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Nothing new, but I did get my second +ATK/-RES Young Tiki.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Just FYI the quests are bugged. The "clear with a red tome user" one cleared while I was using Roy, Hector, MRobin and Nino on my team.

EDIT: 5* Lukas, Faye and then M Corrin :shepface: I still don't have a single falchion user.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Apr 14, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Still waiting on celica banner, 80 orbs awaiting

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Sure, I'll pull on the new banner, I said. I cleaned up on the last one, if cleaning up is the word for those foci, but hey, I wouldn't mind these dudes.

I did not get any of the focus characters.

I got Azura. -spd/+res, but bfd really

What's a skill good loadout for her?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Nuebot posted:

Just FYI the quests are bugged. The "clear with a red tome user" one cleared while I was using Roy, Hector, MRobin and Nino on my team.

EDIT: 5* Lukas, Faye and then M Corrin :shepface: I still don't have a single falchion user.

I think it's actually blue tome.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Tired Moritz posted:

I think it's actually blue tome.

I'd heard green

Just use all the magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013