Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

HorseRenoir posted:

trip report on the Playboi Carti album: excellent vibing music, would recommend

I really feel for the dude, this is a bad time to release your debut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I dunno if I believe it, we'll see but if I jump into the rabbit hole and humor myself

If this double Album thing is gonna happen the second(sorta) Album is gonna be "God" (hence him talking about things being reversed on songs.)

drat comes out on good Friday, and God comes out on Easter Sunday. The completed Album is "God drat."

Hence why all of these songs and the title have .'s after them. The Track Titles on the hypothetical "God" Album will work with the respective songs on "drat"

Least that's what I would do If I would do this double album thing thing.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dexo posted:

I dunno if I believe it, we'll see but if I jump into the rabbit hole and humor myself

If this double Album thing is gonna happen the second(sorta) Album is gonna be "God" (hence him talking about things being reversed on songs.)

drat comes out on good Friday, and God comes out on Easter Sunday. The completed Album is "God drat."

Hence why all of these songs and the title have .'s after them. The Track Titles on the hypothetical "God" Album will work with the respective songs on "drat"

Put down the pipe

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Second album is obviously gonna be called SUPER FUTURE HENDRIX

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Put down the pipe

I'm up at 3 AM unable to sleep and sick as poo poo man.

Look man chemtrails. Follow the money.

ANd then God is gonna have a song that is gonna lead you through a online game where the first person who finds it will be able to download Jay Elec's album.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Also didn't Radiohead do a weird double album thing based off of one of their older albums 10 years apart 10 years ago.

Look man this goes all the way to the top.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
yeah drat is the best album of 2017 so far

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Second album is obviously gonna be called SUPER FUTURE HENDRIX

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

This is a good album. DNA is a standout for me but like pretty much every track on the album.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I said it wasn't great but here I am listening to the thing for the loving 5th time tonight

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

All I can say is

drat.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
Yeah I've listened like 4 times. It's real good

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

This is real summer vibes poo poo

Really good

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I was wondering where James Blake's contribution was. Here's the full credits list:

01 BLOOD.

Composer(s): Anthony Tiffith, K. Duckworth, D. Tannenbaum
Producer(s): Bekon, Anthony Tiffith

02 DNA.

Composer(s): K. Duckworth, M. Williams II
Producer(s): Mike WiLL Made-It

03 YAH.

Composer(s): D. Natche, Anthony Tiffith, K. Duckworth, M. Spear
Producer(s): Anthony Tiffith, DJ Dahi, Bekon, Sounwave

04 ELEMENT.

Composer(s): R. Riera, J. Blake, K. Duckworth, M. Spears
Producer(s): Bekon, James Blake, Ricci Riera, Sounwave, Tae Beast

05 FEEL.

Composer(s): M. Spears, K. Duckworth
Producer(s): Sounwave

06 LOYALTY.

Featuring: Rihanna
Composer(s): K. Duckworth, D. Natche, Anthony Tiffith, M. Spears, T. Martin
Producer(s): Terrace Martin, Sounwave, DJ Dahi, Anthony Tiffith

07 PRIDE.

Composer(s): K. Duckworth, A. Wise, Anthony Tiffith, S. Lacy
Producer(s): Bekon, Anthony Tiffith, Steve Lacy

08 HUMBLE.

Composer(s): K. Duckworth, A. Hogan, Michael L. Williams II
Producer(s): Mike WiLL Made-It

09 LUST.

Composer(s): M. Spears, K. Duckworth, C. Hansen, D. Natche, A. Sowinski, M. Tavares L. Whitty
Producer(s): Sounwave, DJ Dahi, BadBadNotGood

10 LOVE.

Featuring: Zacari
Composer(s): Z. Pacaldo, T. Walton, Anthony Tiffith, M. Spears, G. Kurstin, K. Duckworth
Producer(s): Sounwave, Teddy Walton, Greg Kurstin, Anthony Tiffith

11 XXX.

Featuring: U2
Composer(s): D. Natche, L Mullen, P. Hewson, A. Clayton, K. Duckworth, D. Evans, M. Spears, M. Williams, II, Anthony Tiffith
Producer(s): Mike WiLL Made-It, Anthony Tiffith, Bekon, DJ Dahi, Sounwave

12 FEAR.

Composer(s): K. Duckworth, D. Maman
Producer(s): The Alchemist

13 GOD.

Composer(s): M. Spears, R. Riera, D. Tannenbaum, K. Duckworth, D. Natche, R. LaTour, Anthony Tiffith
Producer(s): Cardo, Ricci Riera, Sounwave, DJ Dahi, Anthony Tiffith, Bekon

14 DUCKWORTH.

Composer(s): K. Duckworth, P. Douthit
Producer(s): 9th Wonder, Bekon

Also Fox News called Kendrick worse than racism so he sampled the bit hahahaha

e: Also, seriously, who expected the song with U2 to actually be great? What the gently caress

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Apr 14, 2017

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Holy loving poo poo XXX

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Dexo posted:

Are you jonez of Jenkins and Jonez

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

Are you jonez of Jenkins and Jonez

Nope

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
sappy sadboi take - LOVE is unreal

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
Gotta eat my words. This album is real good

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
the new kendrick album is good and I would definitely listen to it 4 or 5 more times in full before I switch to only listening to the tracks I like the most.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

the new kendrick album is good and I would definitely listen to it 4 or 5 more times in full before I switch to only listening to the tracks I like the most.

yeah id say overall its like an 8.4 with some 9+ tracks and some "okay w/e" tracks

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

e: Also, seriously, who expected the song with U2 to actually be great? What the gently caress

To be fair it gets significantly worse when Bono comes in. DNA destroys everything else on this album imo

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Henchman of Santa posted:

To be fair it gets significantly worse when Bono comes in. DNA destroys everything else on this album imo

yeah DNA is hands down the best track on the album, HUMBLE is great, there are a few other really good tracks but no true bangers on the level of DNA

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Yall just pretending Element doesn't exist?

It's easily my favorite track on the album.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
its really good but i wouldn't call it a banger, idk a lot of the songs are better on second listen maybe its more like an 8.7

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

I was kinda stunned last night when the last words on the album were 'so I was taking a walk last night....'

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dexo posted:

Yall just pretending Element doesn't exist?

It's easily my favorite track on the album.

I only just listened to the whole record and for me it goes DNA, XXX, HUMBLE and then the rest are all varying degrees of solid.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/pigsandplans/status/852693303892082689

Get ready for Sunday

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Yeah the humble video suggests the Jesus thing to.

This is a good development

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Wait so this is his G.O.O.D Friday album and on Sunday we're getting his Common's Resurrection album?

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

I was wondering where James Blake's contribution was. Here's the full credits list:

So basically Mike Will's songs are the best ones.

Digging this album, listened to it once last night straight through and once on the drive into work on shuffle and I like most of the tracks. DNA, XXX, and Fear are my favorites (of non-Humble tracks).

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Wait so this is his G.O.O.D Friday album and on Sunday we're getting his Common's Resurrection album?

It's the tenth anniversary of Radiohead doing something similar with Ok Computer/In Rainbows

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Holy poo poo, the second verse of FEEL

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

i love that people are pretending that twitter account didnt just google image "morpheus" and post the first thing they saw

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I haven't checked it out yet. But I do find it funny that he has XXX and DNA as tracknames. Poor Kendrick/Danny Brown fans are gonna have to clarify.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Boywhiz88 posted:

I haven't checked it out yet. But I do find it funny that he has XXX and DNA as tracknames. Poor Kendrick/Danny Brown fans are gonna have to clarify.

Apparently XXX is supposed to be said as "X-rated" which is insanely dumb

Bandiet
Dec 31, 2015

Henchman of Santa posted:

Apparently XXX is supposed to be said as "X-rated" which is insanely dumb

I mean, he mentions "x-rated" in the song which explains the title, but that doesn't mean you're supposed to refer to it that way.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

yeah i cant imagine where you heard that from

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

40 lbs to freedom posted:

yeah i cant imagine where you heard that from

The Ringer, but since there wasn't advanced press on this album it's possible the writer was just inferring it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
I didn't like TPaB but this is real good. He looks like Forrest Whitaker on the cover.