Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
One of the two. Just not red.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
how many characters are in love with Alm? Lukas looks pretty good, some kind of tank.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

neongrey posted:

Sure, I'll pull on the new banner, I said. I cleaned up on the last one, if cleaning up is the word for those foci, but hey, I wouldn't mind these dudes.

I did not get any of the focus characters.

I got Azura. -spd/+res, but bfd really

What's a skill good loadout for her?
Wings of Mercy is very nice to have on her. You can get the whole line from *4 Cain.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Pulled about 30 orbs worth of reds, looking for Alm. Didn't get him, but I got Eldigan!

He's +HP/-Atk... :shepicide:

I can't think of a worse boon/bane set for him.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Hey are arena maps determined by the day you play them on because I just got this garbage lava maze bullshit three times in a row and i'd thank someone to never ever have to play it again tia

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Does anyone in the universe actually care about any of these focus characters? Give me real Xander already.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Is Hit and Run Canto?

Can it be transferred to cavaliers???

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Can April and May be over already so we can finally get Path of Radiance focus

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

I'm cursed to only pull Wrys, Eliwood and Frederick. Sometimes I even pull 4* versions of them! Faye looks good and cute and I will use her if I could ever get her.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
wings of mercy is busted so you should be happy to have freddy boy.

Tired Moritz fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Apr 14, 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Not familiar with Alm's game, what's the lore reason for him having the Falchion?

I haven't finished Shadows yet but in the original Gaiden is was just "don't worry about it, Falchion is just here in a treasure chest the next continent over. Try not to think about it too hard."

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Octolady posted:

I'm cursed to only pull Wrys, Eliwood and Frederick. Sometimes I even pull 4* versions of them! Faye looks good and cute and I will use her if I could ever get her.

Ouch, Wrys?

First roll got me... no :five:s :downsgun:

Reinhardt +atk/-res. Seems legit.

4* Azama, -spd/+def. Eccchhhh. Should I just give his painstick to my +atk Serra? I've got three 4* clerics already (Serra, Lachesis, Miss PiggyChlorineClarine) and they seem to have all the bases covered.

And 3*s in Gunter +def-spd, Sully +hp-def and Sophia -hp+spd. Anything to do with lovely/not quite decent 3*s apart from feathering them? Is Sophia's nature good enough to justify mulching the :geno: free one into her, or the other way round?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
there's a character in shadow dragon that can give birth to free falchions V()V

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Murderion posted:

Ouch, Wrys?

First roll got me... no :five:s :downsgun:

Reinhardt +atk/-res. Seems legit.

4* Azama, -spd/+def. Eccchhhh. Should I just give his painstick to my +atk Serra? I've got three 4* clerics already (Serra, Lachesis, Miss PiggyChlorineClarine) and they seem to have all the bases covered.

And 3*s in Gunter +def-spd, Sully +hp-def and Sophia -hp+spd. Anything to do with lovely/not quite decent 3*s apart from feathering them? Is Sophia's nature good enough to justify mulching the :geno: free one into her, or the other way round?

having attack+ for a healer is terrible since healers have their attack cut in half. Best build for a healer is tanky so Azama is one of the better choices. Though atk- might be better since spd also functions as a defensive stat.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I wish Jagens and Donnys were still worth something to me.

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Tired Moritz posted:

wings of mercy is busted so you should be happy to have freddy boy.

Oh yes, my other units eat well when a 4* Fred is on the menu. I've given wings of mercy to my Priscilla, in my quest to make a super debuff healer. Luna isn't a bad special either

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Faye nice! but - spd..I think her bow is going to Setsuna it seems hella strong

+atk clair ! but I already have hinoka, cordelia and subaki. such a cruel world

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
The game keeps giving me beruka and virion and this is rather rude

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Tired Moritz posted:

having attack+ for a healer is terrible since healers have their attack cut in half. Best build for a healer is tanky so Azama is one of the better choices. Though atk- might be better since spd also functions as a defensive stat.

Huh. Did not know that. Any idea what to do with my healer lineup? I've got -hp/+atk Serra, +spd/-res Lachesis, Clarine -spd/+res, and the new Azama. At 3* I've got -atk/+def Wrys and +hp/-atk Azama. Would it be a good idea to roll Serra into Clarine for recover and the first two attack buffs?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Lube banjo posted:

Faye nice! but - spd..I think her bow is going to Setsuna it seems hella strong

+atk clair ! but I already have hinoka, cordelia and subaki. such a cruel world

Can you transfer Faye's bow? I thought 5* exclusive weapons were excluded? Or is it only some that are? Because oh man if you can transfer it that bow is crazy good to pawn off on whatever top tier archer you have.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Nuebot posted:

Can you transfer Faye's bow? I thought 5* exclusive weapons were excluded? Or is it only some that are? Because oh man if you can transfer it that bow is crazy good to pawn off on whatever top tier archer you have.

+ weapons aren't locked

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Not that it's a great banner for it or anything but rerolling right now starts you with 47 orbs.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Wow, the RNG was generous to me today:

Minus1Minus1
Apr 26, 2004

Azula always lies
So, this seems terribly sun-optimal, but is anyone else merging units at sub-5?

Like, maybe it's not a unit you necessarily want to scrap for parts, but you keep them around because they might be useful for missions or whatever, and you've got 8 copies anyway, but seriously they are never moving up the queue to be promoted.

It made a certain amount of sense to me before they announced skill-inheritance, but even now I would almost prefer to have some mega-Jagen than mess with parting him out.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Do what you want with your game but merging non-5* units doesn't make any sense and is a massive waste of precious limited resources

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Merge them whenever if you plan on promoting them *some day* as it makes promotion cheaper by how many feathers they're worth to send home, gives you sp, and adds stats to make levelling at low rarities easier.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Pulled an Alm.
Does anyone know what his base stats are? Without Falchion, Alm's stats are
21 HP
10 Atk
6 Spd
6 Def
4 Res

and looking at random peoples' screenshots of Alms, I think this is a +Atk -Res Alm. It's probably not as good as the +Spd one, but is it good?

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I merged my 5* Ninos because what the hell else is going to be better than Nino? I merged my Effie and Eirika because the gatcha gave me sub-optimal 5* versions, but awesome 4* versions so I promoted the both of them and merged them because what the hell else am I going to do with two Eirikas and two Effies especially if one of each of them is poo poo and not I am not sacrificing them to give Hone Speed or Silver Lance+ to a shittier unit because I'd rather make my good units stronger than shittier units slightly less shittier and my God this sentence is far too long.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Something about promoting an unit just to feed them to another one just feels so wrong. Sorry Odin, but Lucina needed your tome :(

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Retcon posted:

Something about promoting an unit just to feed them to another one just feels so wrong. Sorry Odin, but Lucina needed your tome :(
I fed a 5* Cecilia to Bunny-tits Camilla. I regret nothing.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Senerio posted:

Pulled an Alm.
Does anyone know what his base stats are? Without Falchion, Alm's stats are
21 HP
10 Atk
6 Spd
6 Def
4 Res

and looking at random peoples' screenshots of Alms, I think this is a +Atk -Res Alm. It's probably not as good as the +Spd one, but is it good?

http://feheroes.wiki/Alm

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
I wish I had enough 5*s that I could throw them in the chipper for marginal gains.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Think I might save my orbs on this banner, the Windsweep now and Alm's skill seem useful but I think Lukas might be the only one with a good statline from that enormous Def

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Whos gonna be the celica banner

Her team is basically mages and mercs, can't use the whitewings again.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Holy hell, my deathless Ursula/Nino/Eirika/Bunny Camilla team got me rank #1654. I'm now going to attempt a deathless run replacing Ursula and Bunny Camilla with Effie and Bunny Chrom, which has substantially more BST. I'm kinda scared to see what I'm going to face.

Edit: Oh my God, Bunny Chrom is traaaaaaaaa~aaaaash!

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Apr 14, 2017

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Generic Octopus posted:

I wish I had enough 5*s that I could throw them in the chipper for marginal gains.

Get 3 Hawkeyes in a row. Good times.

In other news, I pulled a +Speed/-HP Alm. I hope Darting Blow works with his anti-counter skill.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Roger Explosion posted:

Holy hell, my deathless Ursula/Nino/Eirika/Bunny Camilla team got me rank #1654. I'm now going to attempt a deathless run replacing Ursula and Bunny Camilla with Effie and Bunny Chrom, which has substantially more BST. I'm kinda scared to see what I'm going to face.

How many merges are you using?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Roger Explosion posted:

More BST doesn't necessarily mean more points any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I wasn't kidding when i predicted terrible luck after three 5* in a row. Threw 40 orbs at the new thing and got ten pieces of hot garbage. Whee!