Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

lol if you think any goons are gonna look good in the skintight outfits link wears in this game

Yeah, we're more the Master Kohga type. At best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
More shrine fuckery:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPgYSAx4LOs

Didn't think they would account for this, but there you go.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

canoshiz posted:

More shrine fuckery:

... but he used Cryonis in the first one...

EDIT - oh wait that's stasis

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

TFRazorsaw posted:

... but he used Cryonis in the first one...

How could he, he only has the bomb and stasis runes.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

yeah I had a brainfart

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
I mostly thought it was funny that the shrine monk was like "nice try idiot, go back and get the rune, you're not fooling me".

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Goddamnit does anyone have any tips for the balloon shoot korok seeds? I can n ever seem to hit the drat things and have like no depth perception and they seem to fly randomly

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Use bows that zoom so you don't have to account for arrow travel time as much. (Ex: phrenic or golden bows)

Or spreadshot multi arrow bows. :getin:

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

The Walrus posted:

the way you keep talking about this girl is really cute/sad, you should ask her out or whatever

Er, catching up! Nope, sorry, she is married and also I am definitely not into her that way! But if you guys want to write fanfic, I guess I can't stop you.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Arbitrary Coin posted:

Goddamnit does anyone have any tips for the balloon shoot korok seeds? I can n ever seem to hit the drat things and have like no depth perception and they seem to fly randomly

1) Use bombs. Especially the up close and in your face ones this is super handy. Often though I've found you can easily blow up 1/2 of the balloon shoots with just Bombs. If they're also like the one in the patch of trees super loving far away, you can put a bomb there, go back up to activate and then detonate to blow the fuckers up (like that one in Akkala area).

2) Use multishot

3) Watch their pattern, usually theres some point they start to fly tangentially toward you can offers best chance to pop em.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Apr 14, 2017

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It's interesting to me that mobs respawn similarly to how link respawns tho not evil. (?)

Link and mobs are technological programs manifest in a real (fake) world . Canon and the shiekah fighting thru coding

IMHO. Probably wrong.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

canoshiz posted:

More shrine fuckery:

holu gently caress lmao

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Does anyone ever prioritize fashion over defense and/or set bonuses? I just discovered that the (endgame armor spoiler)Cap of the Wild and Hylian Tunic both dyed green along with the default Hylian Trousers make for my ideal "Traditional Link" look. The Tunic of the Wild is okay but pretty boring looking and the Boyshorts of the Wild are totally out of the loving question because holy poo poo they look dumb. It bugs me that I have 68 def instead of 76 but I guess nothing really hits hard enough for it to matter, except maybe Silver Lynels.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

The Lobster posted:

Er, catching up! Nope, sorry, she is married and also I am definitely not into her that way! But if you guys want to write fanfic, I guess I can't stop you.

Why do people obsess over this? You can absolutely adore friends without wanting to bone them! smh

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Fortis posted:

Does anyone ever prioritize fashion over defense and/or set bonuses? I just discovered that the (endgame armor spoiler)Cap of the Wild and Hylian Tunic both dyed green along with the default Hylian Trousers make for my ideal "Traditional Link" look. The Tunic of the Wild is okay but pretty boring looking and the Boyshorts of the Wild are totally out of the loving question because holy poo poo they look dumb. It bugs me that I have 68 def instead of 76 but I guess nothing really hits hard enough for it to matter, except maybe Silver Lynels.

I love the shorts. Not as part of the set, but for themselves, dyed black, and combined with the climbing shirt they make for a great "casual adventurer" look. And they're way better than the Booty Shorts of the Hero, which I'm pretty sure are shorter than Link's actual underwear.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Smdh if you didn't beat the game cross dressing as a sexy gerudo vai

(I shamefully beat it with the loving ugly ancient dunce hat of shame the first time, jfc that thing is hideous, but because they put the second to the last memory in the castle it gave me an excuse to finish the memory quest and beat Gannon again in true sexy fashion)

also not like you even need armor since phase 1 is easy and phase 2 is like impossible to even get hit at all unless you really try

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

canoshiz posted:

More shrine fuckery:

Wait, this game has ground jumps?

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I mean really you should just face Ganon naked like a true hero.

I haven't done it yet though so I'm probably going to go for something more classic and green myself, but not "-of the Wild."

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I don't think this link looks good in short sleeves so the tunic of the wild is no go.

Either long sleeves or no sleeves

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Only started this today, quick question: do I have to worry about a lot of points of no return? I finished the first four shrines and I just want to explore a while.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Fix posted:

Only started this today, quick question: do I have to worry about a lot of points of no return? I finished the first four shrines and I just want to explore a while.

No

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Cheers, thanks.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

did the latest patch speed up using a korok leaf on the raft? Because I swear they didn't move this fast before

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

.TakaM posted:

did the latest patch speed up using a korok leaf on the raft? Because I swear they didn't move this fast before

Are you out away from the shore? I noticed it speeds up immensely once you get out in open water

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Are you out away from the shore? I noticed it speeds up immensely once you get out in open water

This. You can get to Eventide Island from that tiny island with the shrine in about a minute.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

it's a little harder to get up to speed but it looks like the raft at riverside stable can go just as fast. I didn't spend much time with the rafts before this patch but it looks like it goes as fast as the magnisis trick would allow just by using the leaf now

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

quote:

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild game sold over 1.3 million units*. That total includes more than 925,000 units sold for Nintendo Switch and nearly 460,000 units sold for the Wii U console. That means that Nintendo sold more of this game for Nintendo Switch than it sold Nintendo Switch systems, for an attach rate of more than 100 percent. This may be attributed to people who purchased both a limited edition of the game to collect and a second version to play.

*Data regarding physical sales of games are from the NPD Group. Data regarding digital downloads of games and combined physical/digital life-to-date numbers are from Nintendo's internal sales figures. All numbers, unless otherwise stated, are specific to the United States only.

- Via Nintendo of America

Also probably due to people buying the game in anticipation of getting a Switch soon, I bet.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

The Lobster posted:

Also probably due to people buying the game in anticipation of getting a Switch soon, I bet.
Considering I know people who did that, yes, absolutely. loving nuts to consider, though. I wonder if any other title ever had that happen.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

I preordered the TP Link from Gamestop. I am weak. He also suckered me into the Cloud variant.

:negative:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/tristanacooper/status/844217178719174661

I still need to get a Switch!! This looks so cool!

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

https://twitter.com/Zwoltopia/status/852464259120455680

same

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Smae

Unmature
May 9, 2008

If you put the rock back down on one of these guys they say "Ow!"

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fortis posted:

Does anyone ever prioritize fashion over defense and/or set bonuses?

always

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Unmature posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwdvgqAmApo&t=1290s

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The best defense is not getting hit. Man-mode dark souls taught me this very valuable lesson; fashion is Priority #1 always.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

How do you set an image as a thread title.

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer

Fix posted:

BotW is literally "I Just Want to Explore a While: The Game"

The only points of no return are probably after defeating the Divine Beasts and even then the game prompts you that there will be a point of no return so you can double-check things at that moment if you want.

ProjektorBoy fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Apr 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Unmature posted:

you monster