Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tasukiscool
Feb 15, 2003

Voted most likely to be tied to train tracks 2007 - 2008
Slippery Tilde

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

Seriously tho Ru these are some tortured puns girl.

I can't believe we got an entire hour of Drag Princess puns without someone saying Rupunzel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Not that it's a surprise, but VH1 has officially picked up Season 10.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

tasukiscool posted:

I can't believe we got an entire hour of Drag Princess puns without someone saying Rupunzel.

Ross Matthews is the pun master but to be fair to this episode, Todrick was one of the judges so they had to fill his time somehow

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pinwiz11 posted:

Not that it's a surprise, but VH1 has officially picked up Season 10.

Have they canceled Fierce Fridays hosted by Wendy "I shouldn't be here" Williams?

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62Y9JuiJXks
:eyepop:

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Best new Beatdown in a minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NwimmvrDyI

"We don't want to see your, fuckin, digital scrapbook of your misery"

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007
This challenge is having some cringe worthy moments. Yikes.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

twistedbutterfly posted:

This challenge is having some cringe worthy moments. Yikes.

Yes. The challenges so far other than the Gaga challenge has been rather blah.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I CALL SHADE ON THAT

e: Chicago finally got that Boy Butter commercial.

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Apr 15, 2017

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

What in the actual gently caress Charlie, what the gently caress was that? We BOTH know you're better than that. That was just sad to watch. You could have kicked off your heels or something.

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

I felt like Tyra Banks yelling at that contestant on ANTM. I was rooting for you, Charlie! We were ALL ROOTING FOR YOU!!

:sigh:

Now I'm cheerleading for Nina. Overcome that inner saboteur, girl!

flynt
Dec 30, 2006
Triggerhappy and gunshy
Like maybe step side to side? Or move some part of your body? Anything?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
What the gently caress was that? :sad:

And yes we also had our Tyra moment during that lip sync

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

The gently caress was that lip sync? Legit, that was the most anticlimactic thing I've seen since Vivian and Honey Mahogany.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

I'd never been more uncomfortable watching this show than when Not On Today was happening.

Then that lip sync happen.

That episode...sure was something.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Yeah... that was pathetic. Charlie just completely gave up there. Standing there and... clapping? Not even moving her body? Claiming that all the queens in London sing live? So none of them dance at all? I get it, her heels were tall, but she knew there was a good chance she was going to be on the bottom. It wouldn't have been the first time that a queen has stepped into something more comfortable to lip sync.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
Charlie did a pretty revealing interview about what happened tonight: http://m.chron.com/entertainment/tv/article/Charlie-Hides-11071745.php.

Apparently, she had a cracked rib from the cheerleading episode, did not rehearse the song, and had never heard it prior to her LSFYL, among other things.

Ubiquitous_ fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Apr 15, 2017

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

The way this season consistently raises the cringe level has me scared for next week.

And drat, that was a great performance Trinity put on and it was completely wasted and overshadowed :sigh:

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Ubiquitous_ posted:

Charlie did a pretty revealing interview about what happened tonight: http://m.chron.com/entertainment/tv/article/Charlie-Hides-11071745.php.

Apparently, she had a cracked rib from the cheerleading episode, did not rehearse the song, and had never heard it prior to her LSFYL, among other things.

A cracked rib? gently caress. I was amazed that they seemingly got away with that challenge so seamlessly without any injuries. The physical effort put into that challenge was above and beyond anything they've ever done in the history of the show.

But having never heard the song is not an excuse. Other queens have never heard the song they had to lip sync to before, and excelled. But that cracked rib, that's a pretty good excuse.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I would have thought they would have done anything to keep Charlie around until Snatch Game, but there was nothing they could do.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
loving yikes, Charlie! If your strategy for lipsynching is 'Eh I'm not good at it, goodbye!' then that's not a good strategy and you shouldn't be here. It's such a big part of drag that not doing it is just...what?? What are you doing!? I know she had an injury, but she didn't need to flip around like Trinity to sell the song. She just looked like she had to pee the whole time.

And lmao at everyone yelling "Come on Charlie!!"

I'm also loving done with Eureka after that workroom bit. What a lovely loving attitude.

I do hope Shea and Sasha and Nina all go far though. :( I hope Nina can toughen up a little, I understand why she got upset on the main stage, but Michelle is absolutely right.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I feel like even if she had tried, the song was just not something a girl her age could safely dance to let alone win. Shame she didn't get to do a real acting challenge before whatever this challenge was.

Even though she didn't need to, Trinity turnt that song the gently caress out! I kinda want to see her in the bottom two just so she can send bitches home.

In case anyone wants more than the 3 seconds of runway time we got in the episode

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Ru, girl. We need to talk about that wig. drat.

e: Aja, no one is making fun of you for your skin. Your makeup is just rough. You look busted, sorry :smith:

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Apr 15, 2017

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
Lmao, Trinity accidentally calling Cynthia "Cucu" on untucked.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
Aja is becoming the Ganja of S9. No one is coming for you, except drag race fans. I don't get all the freckles and moles on her face- They look like scabs.

Eureka really needs to shut the gently caress up. I was bullied heavily in my family for being super skinny, when everyone else was fat. People need to accept each other for how they look instead of poking fun at sizes. Having an eating disorder loving sucks, and Eureka needed to understand she legit made Sasha uncomfortable. I have struggled with being thin, as well as eating to make me feel happy. Both sides of the (disorder) spectrum suck, you just gotta try to love yourself.

I feel really bad that Charlie went home. I was hoping we'd see some pro poo poo. Standing there and clapping was worse than Tammy.

Poor Nina. I feel you, and I want to see some Osama Been Snatchin Weaves!

Love Sasha and Shea this week. I think Sasha and Shea are top 3 material easy.

Farrah is fading for me. Home next week?

Peppermint really needs to step up her presence. I want to see more of her.

CLF is gonna be a two time Miss CUCU is she keeps it up.

Trinity did a great job with that song. Send Eureka and Aja home!

Still rooting for baby drag! Valentina has a long way to go.

Oh yeah, and for that other queen, I can't think of her name but toss her in with Farrah. Yawn.

Also:

Bina fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Apr 15, 2017

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Bina posted:

Oh yeah, and for that other queen, I can't think of her name but toss her in with Farrah. Yawn.

Man, I had to look up the cast photo because I couldn't even think of who you left out and I just watched untucked ffs. Yawn indeed.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

Spoilers for those that haven't watched Untucked.

My girlfriend pointed out that Charlie said "Bianca never had to lipsync"... except she did. Even if you're part of the final round, you still have to lipsync. Not to mention the challenges are lipsync specific. Another goon posted early that we're in season 9, and how exactly do you watch nearly 10 years of Drag Race and not realize you can't get away with having a blind spot?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
There have been Queens who never had to lip sync. Tyra Sanchez. Alaska. And that's it. If that is the model you want to follow, then you're going to have to bring it every loving week. Charlie was not doing that.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Nihonniboku posted:

There have been Queens who never had to lip sync. Tyra Sanchez. Alaska. And that's it. If that is the model you want to follow, then you're going to have to bring it every loving week. Charlie was not doing that.

Also, Bianca, Courtney, Violet, and Kim.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

For a while now, the final round lip sync is four queens standing there, since they do the crowning at the reunion show. What Charlie did in this episode would have worked fine there. Then at the reunion she would have a song and choreography done for her and rehearsal time.

But she needs to bring it to get that far, and even if she did, that cracked rib probably would have bit her in the rear end in a later challenge.

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007
I really rooted for Charlie and I was sad to see that lipsync. She just didn't have the fighting spirit in it at all. It was like watching my dad dancing awkwardly at my wedding.

As for Eureka, she is shady and rude. Sasha was right to call her out. Can she take her hair loafs and go home?

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
I thought that Charlie's runway walk these last couple episodes was a bit stilted, a cracked rib would make sense. Still though, the "i dont do lipsync" excuse has never done it for me.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, same. Even if it isn't how you make your money, if you come to Drag Race you better be prepared to give it a shot anyway.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Jesus, well the cracked rib explains that. I couldn't believe he just completely gave up like that. Like, Trinity would have won that no matter what, but he really must have been unable to move properly.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Stroop There It Is posted:

Jesus, well the cracked rib explains that. I couldn't believe he just completely gave up like that. Like, Trinity would have won that no matter what, but he really must have been unable to move properly.

But it was lovely even for a stand in place lipsync. Plus charlie can walk a runway so she could have had far more energy than the sudden "cracked rib" paralysis. I don't buy any of it. Charlie planned this and never intended to compete to the bitter end in order to save face and preserve some oddball notion of dignity by never even trying to lipsync.

shadow puppet of a fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Apr 15, 2017

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I just have to say, I don't think Charlie should have been bottom two. Her look was gorgeous and should have given her a leg up against Peppermint, who was a messy anchor and an even messier boudoir queen. I was certain Trinity and Peppermint were gonna duke it out in the lipsync, but :sigh:

I wish I'd gotten to see Joan Rivers.

Eureka has to go. She's not going to; she's been destroying the challenges and her runway isn't terrible. But she's so loud I can't hear the queens I give a poo poo about a word in edgewise. Rude too, without being funny or tongue-in-cheek.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I see we have a new challenger for worst season! Holy hell what was that episode? Are they shorter now that they're on VH1? The episode starts and there's no mini-challenge or even any setup for the main one, it just goes straight into weird drama and then cringeworthy anti-comedy. And the runway itself showed maybe two seconds of each queen save for Nina. Was that because she was the only interesting thing up there?

I just feel like there's no chemistry this season. Nina seems great but the crying for no reason was obnoxious. Sasha has a good look usually but barely gets any screen time. Valentina and Cynthia are okay I guess?

Something about this season just feels weird and bad.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Yodzilla posted:

I see we have a new challenger for worst season! Holy hell what was that episode? Are they shorter now that they're on VH1? The episode starts and there's no mini-challenge or even any setup for the main one, it just goes straight into weird drama and then cringeworthy anti-comedy. And the runway itself showed maybe two seconds of each queen save for Nina. Was that because she was the only interesting thing up there?

I just feel like there's no chemistry this season. Nina seems great but the crying for no reason was obnoxious. Sasha has a good look usually but barely gets any screen time. Valentina and Cynthia are okay I guess?

Something about this season just feels weird and bad.

I think it's because we have a few villains or weak queens we're rooting to get eliminated (Kimora, Eureka, Aja, Farrah, take your pick) but no real standouts otherwise. I would have a really hard time trying to pick a top three right now, and it's not because there are a ton of stellar queens. So far it feels like we have a bunch of alright queens and a few that just need to go.

edit: I mean, I like Valentina as an example. But she's not really that great compared to the top queens of other seasons. No one has WOWed me yet.

Same for Nina. She has a lot of great concepts but the execution isn't always quite there, and her attitude is pretty pessimistic which isn't cute.

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Apr 16, 2017

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Shortened runways/no mini challenge episodes has happened on every season since 5, usually when there's extra drama or a long main challenge. We started off with fourteen queens this season, hopefully once they whittle down the cast we'll get mini challenges again. The runway is a non issue, we had normal length runways the past three episodes.

The full runway with comments is up on LogoTV iirc if people want to see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

We should have had 90 minute episodes for at least a couple of the ones so far. If the show was still on Logo they would have had time but I think it's hard to get the real estate on VH-1.

Hopefully that changes next year.

• Locked thread