Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
Out of curiosity I looked up what Johnathen Banks used to look like in his roles when he was younger and still had hair, and he was basically Leisure Suit Larry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

Wait a second, do you think the switch from season 2 episode 1 turns the tracker on and off?

We're through the looking glass here, people.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

Out of curiosity I looked up what Johnathen Banks used to look like in his roles when he was younger and still had hair, and he was basically Leisure Suit Larry.

His best movie was freejack.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i love the parallels between chuck and mike's plots. they both start the episode with nothing but a bit of information, and they both hatch plans to give the information to their targets via trojan horse.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I have my own issues in life but I can't loving wrap my head around the fact that you care enough about the show to post on the Internet about it yet like a goddamn bonobo monkey you can't sit down for the loving hour and three minutes it takes to watch this live or the loving 43 minutes it takes to watch this recorded stolen pirated or on demand thanks to iTunes. You couldn't sit you're dumb rear end down long enough to watch this loving show this piece of art? You had to have your loving cigarette so loving badly 1 to 3? I don't know how many cigarettes you needed in an hour but you had to have a few and just had to drink so heavily that it was impossible for you to follow what amounts to a young adult soap opera? Heaven loving help us if you were in charge of the nuclear football because we would all be dead.

I mean, I paused it when I went outside to smoke. I'm not a monster.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

Wait a second, do you think the switch from season 2 episode 1 turns the tracker on and off?

So when the tracker stopped working it means Saul has started working at Davis and Main again? I guess we' ll find out on Monday.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

...what amounts to a young adult soap opera...

Hahahahaha. What.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The tracker is in the alpine shepherd boy.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

theflyingexecutive posted:

Interact with art however you please but you're gonna get mocked if you roll up in here and ask for the cliff notes for a Soderbergh-level exposition

I couldn't even make it through the cliff notes + images because i got bored reading about that. Go ahead, mock me, I dare you.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

some guy on the bus posted:

I couldn't even make it through the cliff notes + images because i got bored reading about that. Go ahead, mock me, I dare you.

oh, you've loving done it now. you're about to get the mocking of your lifetime.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

You haven't seen the sex ed video? :allears:

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

you're gonna get mocked so baaaaaaad man you won't enjoy it at. all.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Consider that dare accepted.

You're a doof.

Rassle
Dec 4, 2011

I regret to inform everyone that the 5th tracker, along with this thread, has been flushed down the sex toilet.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

You're a big dumb doody head

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I couldn’t make it through the images because they were in terrible Reddit/Imgur meme format.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Am I the only one who hopes they find some way for Hank to stop by for an episode or two like Tuco? Maybe he could be giving Nacho a hard time.

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

I so want to head cannon Mike as turning into Mike after his run in with the Gremlins that totaled his police car.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Not strictly BCS related, but I met Rian Johnson tonight and got to tell him how much I loved the Breaking Bad episodes he directed, including perennial goon whipping boy "Fly".

Wait wait wait.

WAIT.

Goons loving hated Fly? Really? That episode was drat near classic. It wasn't a plot driver but if any show ever deserved a slow moment, that was it. It wasn't filler at all, either. Lot of character work in that episode.

I'm with you on that one, Fly was good.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Apr 15, 2017

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Shbobdb posted:

I hate Kim. She stole Jimmy's clients and is just generally a road block to Jimmy being Jimmy. Kim is a . . .

a person undeserving of the bullshit about to rain down on her?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“Fly” was the worst episode of Breaking Bad outside of the second season.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Fly is good, but the show would suck if every episode was like that

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Spellman posted:

Fly is good, but the show would suck if every episode was like that

What if the eighth episode was like that? Would it suck then?

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Mike must have been pretty pissed at himself for accidentally putting his brand new tracker back in the gas cap instead of the original one! He's probably following them to get it back.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Platystemon posted:

Fly owned and if you hate Fly then you hate good TV.

Seriously, Fly is the first episode of Breaking Bad I ever saw and it was so unlike everything else on TV that it convinced me to watch the whole series from the beginning, which is perhaps one of the greatest TV watching decisions I've ever made in my life.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Platystemon posted:

Bzzzzzzt wrong mother fucker.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Fly was neither bad nor great.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Fly was tough for fans watching week to week as it aired for good reasons, Fly is however a good episode.

Everyone was right.

Except the guy who only saw it for the first time on a binge-through and hated it, that guy is wrong.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Fly was tough for fans watching week to week as it aired for good reasons, Fly is however a good episode.

Everyone was right.

Except the guy who only saw it for the first time on a binge-through and hated it, that guy is wrong.

Bzzzzt, wrong again. It's Good.

Tough to deal with weak to week? gently caress that. You can't get everything at breakneck speed and have high quality drama at the same time.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
I know that part of the problem is having been away from the show since it last aired, but the narrative is lacking the drive it had for me. Mike eventually meeting Gus doesn't really seem to be a factor in Jimmy becoming Saul. The editing and cinematography keeps me going, but I would really like a twist or increased stakes.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
Just catching up on this thread after seeing the new episode, I appreciate the information since my memory of the previous season and of Breaking Bad is pretty spotty. It was a great episode, the scene with Mike tearing the car apart was perfect. The pace is great and the cinematography is stunning, some shots are beautiful which is a helluva feat since Albuquerque isn't exactly the most photogenic place in the world. They really manage to make settings and activities that would normally be mundane and unremarkable downright riveting. Basically this:

Stickarts posted:

This show creates more tension with a 24 hour copying store than The Walking Dead does with the zombie apocalypse.
I'm more into this show than I was into Breaking Bad and I loved Breaking Bad.

Data Graham posted:

Chuck's gonna die before this is all over.

I think Kim will too

Brightman posted:

Both plot threads involved tricking someone into changing out a battery.

i love this show so much

baw fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Apr 15, 2017

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

ghostwritingduck posted:

I know that part of the problem is having been away from the show since it last aired, but the narrative is lacking the drive it had for me. Mike eventually meeting Gus doesn't really seem to be a factor in Jimmy becoming Saul. The editing and cinematography keeps me going, but I would really like a twist or increased stakes.

Increased stakes? How about the dread that something terrible is going to happen to Kim?

Kim, by far the best person ever on this show, who deserves nothing but good things, is at best going to get her heart demolished by Saul, and at worst end up being tortured to death by a drug cartel.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Squashy Nipples posted:

Increased stakes? How about the dread that something terrible is going to happen to Kim?

Kim, by far the best person ever on this show, who deserves nothing but good things, is at best going to get her heart demolished by Saul, and at worst end up being tortured to death by a drug cartel.

I think it's pretty unlikely that Kim gets killed. The whole point of the show is to see Jimmys descent into Saul, and part of that is going to be the removal of the good parts of Jimmy, people like Kim. Killing her off would be a waste of the drama we could get from Jimmy pushing her away/her walking away from Saul.

Unless they have Jimmy push her away THEN kill her off, permently closing his one door to redemption. That'd work.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

If you moved the camera just slightly to the right in Saul's Breaking Bad scenes you'd see that Kim/Howard/Chuck/Ernesto/the Kettlemans were all standing just out of frame and he was still dealing with them

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Kim actually runs a Saul Goodman franchise in Santa Fe.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I think it's pretty unlikely that Kim gets killed. The whole point of the show is to see Jimmys descent into Saul, and part of that is going to be the removal of the good parts of Jimmy, people like Kim. Killing her off would be a waste of the drama we could get from Jimmy pushing her away/her walking away from Saul.

Unless they have Jimmy push her away THEN kill her off, permently closing his one door to redemption. That'd work.

Or she gets killed and it's Jimmy's fault

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The last episode of BCS is Gene's wife Jean (Kim) coming home from work. Vacuum guy wasn't very creative.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

I think Kim and Chuck are going to gently caress while being record. Then when jimmy thinks he is stealing the tape to cover for his escapades, he'll get olds balls loving his girl. That's when Saul is Born.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I don't think Kim will die. I could see her getting unfairly disbarred. Jimmy seeing how scummy the system is might help him transition into his sleazy Saul persona.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

nm

baw fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Apr 15, 2017

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It has to be something that ruin's Kim's life or for some reason has her leave Jimmy forever. Having her be gone but still exist is much worse for him than her being dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Kim gets disbarred after reluctantly going along with Jimmy's shenanigans. She blames him entirely and leaves town in fury. Later, we learn where she ended up: director of operations for Cinnabon in North America.

• Locked thread