Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Puddin posted:

Anyone have a spare GT beta key?

Seconded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I got a PS4 Pro today!

*Goes back to Persona 5.*

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Why come the pro can't go 4k via the PSVR box thing?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Calaveron posted:

I am quite confused by this post.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Calaveron posted:

Most likely the PSVR box was developed before the Pro, thus the missing HDR support too.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I am quite confused by this post.

I'm assuming he means it won't passthrough 4k, just like HDR.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I mean I guess I get it and at least it's not hard just switching the cable as needed but it would've been nice and made it more streamlined

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Oh huh. When the PSVR is off, the TV reports it is getting a 4K signal, but when it is on it switches to 1080p. Why would I care then though, since I am using the PSVR and not looking at the TV anyway?

I mean, I don't care about 4k particularly in the first place despite having a 4k TV, but still.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

So which games have benefitted the most from Boost Mode?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Detective No. 27 posted:

So which games have benefitted the most from Boost Mode?
I would have said Dark Souls 3 but then it got an official patch that was vastly better. Bloodborne is more stable but still way low. Really though, how many games have a significant FPS problem on a normal PS4 in the first place other than those?

I guess I haven't tried Witcher 3 though.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Apr 14, 2017

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

I would have said Dark Souls 3 but then it got an official patch that was vastly better. Bloodborne is more stable but still way low. Really though, how many games have a significant FPS problem on a normal PS4 in the first place other than those?

I guess I haven't tried Witcher 3 though.

DS3, Bloodborne, and Witcher were pretty much the main games I was wondering about.

Any improvements on EDF or Yakuza Zero?

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

DS3, Bloodborne, and Witcher were pretty much the main games I was wondering about.

I haven't noticed any on Yakuza. Maybe things load slightly faster, but that's about it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I heard Just Cause 3 works a lot better on Boost.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Detective No. 27 posted:

From what I've heard Witcher 3 is almost solid 30 FPS with it and the load times are better.

And yeah Just Cause 3 benefits a lot as well.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Where do sign for the GT beta

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Oh huh. When the PSVR is off, the TV reports it is getting a 4K signal, but when it is on it switches to 1080p. Why would I care then though, since I am using the PSVR and not looking at the TV anyway?

I mean, I don't care about 4k particularly in the first place despite having a 4k TV, but still.

The PSVR box doesn't passthrough HDR which I think is hilarious

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I started playing Styx: Master of Shadows because it was free at some point and it's actually sorta fun since I love stealth games, but drat it's very much got that early-mid 00s roughness to it. I haven't hit the hideout yet, but does it start to get better? Was hoping it'd end up being a better Thief 4 than Thi4f.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

As much as I hate to say it I sort of can't stand the DS3 Ringed city DLC. I've played every game since Demon's and this is the first time I really just feel like I'm getting loving trolled by Dark Souls. It skews so goddamn hard I'm really not even having fun with it. I like a challenge, but I'm not a masochist either.

Edit: maybe that is a bit of an overstatement. At least it's pretty quality but really I think the aggravation outweighs the fun a lot of the time.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Apr 15, 2017

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Fuzz posted:

I started playing Styx: Master of Shadows because it was free at some point and it's actually sorta fun since I love stealth games, but drat it's very much got that early-mid 00s roughness to it. I haven't hit the hideout yet, but does it start to get better? Was hoping it'd end up being a better Thief 4 than Thi4f.

Ish. The controls issues don't clear up, but it continues to be a great stealth puzzle game with alternate routes. I liked it a lot, but I never finished it because I got tired and frustrated and moved on to other things.

I say stick with it for a bit. If you haven't got to the hideout yet, you're still pretty early in the game.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I just got to Hekseville in Gravity Rush 2 and I'm enjoing it a lot more. Either they had different teams working on the cities and questlines, or perhaps I just prefer the design and feel of the current city. Gravity Rush as a franchise should be more about small-scale stuff like finding new furniture, or friends, and defending the town from monsters. The whole city-wide corruption thing, or end of the world story line, just didn't engage me at all. Also, the last area inside the living city before the new city was complete garbage. At times it felt like I had no control over anything, least of all the camera.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Obsurveyor posted:

Most likely the PSVR box was developed before the Pro, thus the missing HDR support too.

I'm assuming he means it won't passthrough 4k, just like HDR.

4k works, just not HDR. Still unforgivable though.

Speaking of 4k, I finally got all my ridiculous PC parts and Forza Horzon 3 at true 4k/110+ FPS looks way, way better than anything PS4 Pro can do. I think I might be becoming a master raceturbator.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

4k works, just not HDR. Still unforgivable though.

Speaking of 4k, I finally got all my ridiculous PC parts and Forza Horzon 3 at true 4k/110+ FPS looks way, way better than anything PS4 Pro can do. I think I might be becoming a master raceturbator.

How much did you spend?

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Renoistic posted:

I just got to Hekseville in Gravity Rush 2 and I'm enjoing it a lot more. Either they had different teams working on the cities and questlines, or perhaps I just prefer the design and feel of the current city. Gravity Rush as a franchise should be more about small-scale stuff like finding new furniture, or friends, and defending the town from monsters. The whole city-wide corruption thing, or end of the world story line, just didn't engage me at all. Also, the last area inside the living city before the new city was complete garbage. At times it felt like I had no control over anything, least of all the camera.

Yeah, I don't know if I was doing something wrong but the camera in Gravity rush 2 is completely messed up. I don't remember the original or the remaster being that bad. Gravity Rush 2 was one of my most anticipated games of this year and it's a real shame how it turned out — it looks great, the music is cool, falling around (in open spaces) is cool, Kat is cool but the game still manages to be less than the sum of its parts.

At least Persona 5 lives up to the expectations. I just completed the first dungeon and man they do a pretty good job of making you dislike the baddies. At first I'm like uhh guys I dunno what if it does go to poo poo and then bam ok we Freikugel this rear end in a top hat. Also the song that's playing when you go in to steal the treasure is my loving jam.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Fix posted:

How much did you spend?

Four times the power = four times the cost.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Cool. What does that come to in 2017 American Dollars?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I paid Canadian so like a buck fitty.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Jesus, I'm just looking for an actual answer here. Like, I have no idea what a rig costs.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Anything I say is going to be interpreted as bragging. It was a lot. PCs are expensive.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Anything I say is going to be interpreted as bragging. It was a lot. PCs are expensive.

No, It won't. I don't know what a PC rig costs, for gently caress's sake because I haven't been shopping for one. I'm glad that more dollars gives you a better experience. How much does it cost?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Fix posted:

Jesus, I'm just looking for an actual answer here. Like, I have no idea what a rig costs.

A fairly high end pc (just the pc, no peripherals at all) will run about $900. If you go crazy top of the line you can hit $2-3k but you arguably won't see significant gains over the $900 one. Significant is debateable of course, but you aren't going to get double the performance for double the cost.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Fix posted:

No, It won't. I don't know what a PC rig costs, for gently caress's sake because I haven't been shopping for one. I'm glad that more dollars gives you a better experience. How much does it cost?

That's impossible to tell you without knowing what your budget is. Building a gaming PC can be done for $500 or $1500+. There's a parts picking thread in SH/SC that will probably help to give you an idea based on what you want.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Failboattootoot posted:

A fairly high end pc (just the pc, no peripherals at all) will run about $900. If you go crazy top of the line you can hit $2-3k but you arguably won't see significant gains over the $900 one. Significant is debateable of course, but you aren't going to get double the performance for double the cost.

Thank you. gently caress.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

As much as I hate to say it I sort of can't stand the DS3 Ringed city DLC. I've played every game since Demon's and this is the first time I really just feel like I'm getting loving trolled by Dark Souls. It skews so goddamn hard I'm really not even having fun with it. I like a challenge, but I'm not a masochist either.

Edit: maybe that is a bit of an overstatement. At least it's pretty quality but really I think the aggravation outweighs the fun a lot of the time.

I feel exactly the same. I own it on PC and bounced of the DLC on launch and never tried to play it again. They even noticed the angels were so loving stupid that they nerfed their damage and allowed hidden body to work with them. People had mixed feelings about the painted world DLC but it started way better than this one. I know I'll end pushing through it but right now I rather play Bloodborne or DS2.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That computer isn't going to run without a CPU, just saying.

e: Holy poo poo, nvm that's a liquid cooled system.

Homeboy asking questions, over 1k most likely.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I'm loving the Dark Souls 3 dlc, far moreso than some of the mid-game content in the base game. I don't know if it makes a difference at all but I ran a deprived build and everything was really hard at the start of the game but the difficulty curve has leveled out for me at this point.

Will admit that Frieda was way hard, one of the only bosses in either DS3 or BB that I've needed help with. But part of me also just wanted to move on and see what was next. The whole AoA expansion was cool, as are the environments in TRC, and I'll be damned if Champion's Gravetender isn't one of the coolest boss battles I've ever played.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I built my current PC around the GTX1070 and 1440p gaming and including the pricy dumb GSYNC monitor, it all came to around $1300. I think targeting around $800-900 USD for the unit minus peripherals is usually a good bet if you can afford it. That will get you to high performance without spending money on stupid things like a GTX Titan or some gimmicky "xtreme" Intel processor. However, you can build a totally decent mid tier computer with a GTX1060 or equivalent AMD graphics card for just over $500.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The only issue with these prices is if they're in USD you gotta add 30% to that price for us Canadians. And that's assuming the shipping price is the same.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Add 50% if you're in the UK

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

bloodychill posted:

However, you can build a totally decent mid tier computer with a GTX1060 or equivalent AMD graphics card for just over $500.

Not really though

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

ethanol posted:

Not really though

You can, if you build it inside a shoe box, with no screens or peripherals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yes you can. last gen I put together a midline pc that was able to run stuff like tomb raider and metro last light on high (which was way better than what a ps3 could do) for like $400. pc's can be expensive but you don't actually need to spend $1000 or w/e to make a decent one