Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

fits posted:

everett beat victoria in a game that took till 5OT to finish. longest game in whl history

Carter Hart stopped 64 of 66 shots and Griffen Outhouse(!!) stopped 72 of 75. Holy cow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

fits posted:

everett beat victoria in a game that took till 5OT to finish. longest game in whl history

https://twitter.com/TheWHL/status/848731962529398784

:sbahj:

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
SJ beat Val-d'Or 2 - 1 in OT but out shot them 68 - 14.

Check this bonkers pass from Nathan Noel to Sam Dove-McFalls to end the game last night. Holy crap.

Stretch Marx fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Apr 8, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

US Women win the Women's Championship :911:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

YOU ESSAY
YOU ESSAY
YOU ESSAY

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
SJ goes up 2 - 0 with a 4 - 1 win. They out shot Val-d'Or 54 - 18 this time.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Toledo's Tyson Spink is the ECHL rookie of the year :cool:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

DJExile posted:

Toledo's Tyson Spink is the ECHL rookie of the year :cool:

Sucks for his identical twin brother who put up one more point

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Sucks for his identical twin brother who put up one more point

And finished 2nd in voting! :v:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Great, the second coming of the Seidan twins.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
SJ takes game three 7 - 3 and out shot Val-d'Or 59 - 19.

Hopefully they can complete the sweep tomorrow. Unfortunately everyone else is much closer so if SJ does win they might be off for awhile.

Stretch Marx fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Apr 12, 2017

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

fits posted:

Best part about that game is that it started at 2 in the afternoon and got over at 8. Last ferry off the island is 9 pm so Everett almost got stuck there.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

inferis posted:

Best part about that game is that it started at 2 in the afternoon and got over at 8. Last ferry off the island is 9 pm so Everett almost got stuck there.

That would've been fantastic.

In Fronts news, they're one game away from being swept in the 2nd round again.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

That would've been fantastic.

In Fronts news, they're one game away from being swept in the 2nd round again.

I would like to reiterate my point that Jason Robertson should be a top 5 pick. He's been in on 16 of the 26 goals they've scored so far in the playoffs.

ThinkTank fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Apr 12, 2017

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Saint John completes the sweep with a 7 - 1 mugging in Val-d'Or.

SOG: 45 - 19

Joe Veleno scored twice including a short-handed goal and Specer Smallman got a hattrick.

Thus ended the nightmare of Etienne Montpetit.

Also the Titan wrecked the Armada 7 - 2 and Chicoutimi did much the same to Rouyn-Noranda 6 - 1. Charlottetown barely beat Cape Breton 4 -3 in first OT. With the exception of Charlottetown I don't see anyone else beating the Sea Dogs.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

ThinkTank posted:

I would like to reiterate my point that Jason Robertson should be a top 5 pick. He's been in on 16 of the 26 goals they've scored so far in the playoffs.

He was leading the O in playoff scoring before the last set of games. I found a new place to watch junior hockey so I've gotten a chance to watch a few games and he doesn't seem to skate so good. I dunno if any Serious People have written about him.

Also he's a Front so no matter how good he is something horrible will befall him and he will bust.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

He was leading the O in playoff scoring before the last set of games. I found a new place to watch junior hockey so I've gotten a chance to watch a few games and he doesn't seem to skate so good. I dunno if any Serious People have written about him.

Also he's a Front so no matter how good he is something horrible will befall him and he will bust.

Nope, he's not a good skater but I wouldn't say completely terrible. I've seen far worse at the same age go on to have successful careers (Lucic springs to mind, so does Jamie Benn). He's a power forward, it would be noteworthy if he was a good skater at his age.

The fact of the matter is he's scoring at an essentially unprecedented rate. He contributed a higher % of his team's offence than any other draft eligible player in the CHL this year. He factored into 47.2% of his team's goals this year. No one bettered that in 2016 (DeBrincat was the best at 45.05%). In 2015 only McDavid (55.5%) and Marner (49.8%) exceeded that. Adjusted out to a full season, Hischier only managed 45.8% and Patrick was a ways off at 40.4%.

Those are essentially first overall pick numbers. I'm not saying that Robertson should be a first overall pick, there's obvious deficiencies in his game and scouts can pick up things that numbers can't tell you. With that said, his offensive contribution this year is so significant it can't be ignored IMO. It's not like he's some 5'7" 140lbs guy who was 3 days past the age cut off for the 2016 draft. He's a late birthday (July 1999) and he's 6'2 200lbs. This guy could turn into a real power forward. Hell, watching him he reminds me a ton of Jamie Benn.

Is he sure to be a star, no definitely not. His skating is bad and his he doesn't really have much of a mind for defence. However, odds on he'll be a regular NHLer in some capacity and quite likely a good one. Given his size and skillset, a wonky skating style can be overlooked. Given the right coaching he could be a dominant power winger. Guys like that are more than worth a top ten pick IMO. There are a lot of guys his size that put up 55pts in their draft year that get taken in the top 15. I have no idea why he's being overlooked this year.

ThinkTank fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Apr 13, 2017

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ThinkTank posted:

Nope, he's not a good skater but I wouldn't say completely terrible. I've seen far worse at the same age go on to have successful careers (Lucic springs to mind, so does Jamie Benn). He's a power forward, it would be noteworthy if he was a good skater at his age.

The fact of the matter is he's scoring at an essentially unprecedented rate. He contributed a higher % of his team's offence than any other draft eligible player in the CHL this year. He factored into 47.2% of his team's goals this year. No one bettered that in 2016 (DeBrincat was the best at 45.05%). In 2015 only McDavid (55.5%) and Marner (49.8%) exceeded that. Adjusted out to a full season, Hischier only managed 45.8% and Patrick was a ways off at 40.4%.

Those are essentially first overall pick numbers. I'm not saying that Robertson should be a first overall pick, there's obvious deficiencies in his game and scouts can pick up things that numbers can't tell you. With that said, his offensive contribution this year is so significant it can't be ignored IMO. It's not like he's some 5'7" 140lbs guy who was 3 days past the age cut off for the 2016 draft. He's a late birthday (July 1999) and he's 6'2 200lbs. This guy could turn into a real power forward. Hell, watching him he reminds me a ton of Jamie Benn.

Is he sure to be a star, no definitely not. His skating is bad and his he doesn't really have much of a mind for defence. However, odds on he'll be a regular NHLer in some capacity and quite likely a good one. Given his size and skillset, a wonky skating style can be overlooked. Given the right coaching he could be a dominant power winger. Guys like that are more than worth a top ten pick IMO. There are a lot of guys his size that put up 55pts in their draft year that get taken in the top 15. I have no idea why he's being overlooked this year.

I also wondered why he was so low, although I didn't realize he was THAT productive. Could have another Owen Nolan on our hands, although he went #1....

Maybe he'll fall to Calgary. MUHAHAHAHA.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

ThinkTank posted:

I have no idea why he's being overlooked this year.

Because people were paying attention during Bennett's draft year when I razzed Pronman over every Fronts prospect being an inevitable bust no matter how improbable or act-of-god-demanding such an outcome is.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Peterborough goalie (and Oilers prospect) Dylan Wells scored an empty net goal in their sweep over Kingston:
https://twitter.com/OHLHockey/status/852694303017242624

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
oh man I love the goalie drive-by by the bench :3:

Hopefully tomorrow night we'll be seeing the 2nd series sweep in a row for the Tbirds over those stupid everett cowbells. :hawksin:

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Duke Chin posted:

oh man I love the goalie drive-by by the bench :3:

Hopefully tomorrow night we'll be seeing the 2nd series sweep in a row for the Tbirds over those stupid everett cowbells. :hawksin:

Everett cowbells vs the Kent pedophile song

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

inferis posted:

Everett cowbells vs the Kent pedophile song

[TEAM X] SUCKS!
[TEAM X] SUCKS!
[TEAM X] SUCKS!
[TEAM X] SUCKS!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Tonight renews the Toledo Walleye's tradition of cruising to the ECHL conference finals and losing tragically. :confuoot:

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Duke Chin posted:

[TEAM X] SUCKS!
[TEAM X] SUCKS!
[TEAM X] SUCKS!
[TEAM X] SUCKS!

Let's be honest, you chant portland sucks no matter what team you're playing.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Charlottetown swept Cape Breton last night. If it wasn't for the divisions, the Islanders would have finished 2nd seed. They're really the only team I'm nervous about. Bathurst might take down the Armada which would be somewhat cool. The Huskies are making GBS threads the bed again. If they make it out of this round I don't see them continuing through the next.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

inferis posted:

Let's be honest, you chant cleveland sucks no matter what team you're playing.

fixed that for you :colbert:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Walleye win game 1

Get owned, Kalamazoo

:coolfish:

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score
Seattle sweeps cross town rival & top seed Everett. T-birds are 8-0 so far this post season.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

inferis posted:

Let's be honest, you chant portland sucks no matter what team you're playing.

I... might have snuck a few of those in there tonight.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Adam Krause with some amazing individual effort tonight took a 4-3 third period into a 5-4 WBS win and lead to this:

https://twitter.com/TheAHL/status/853451218160668672

His first goal was pretty sweet:

https://twitter.com/TaylorHaasePGH/status/853417473185652736

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Cross-posting:

Phantoms goalie Anthony Stolarz is confirmed out for the entire AHL playoffs. Lyon will get the start and they've called up Carter Hart from the Silvertips to be Lyon's backup. Martin Ouellette goes back to Reading.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mage_Boy posted:

Adam Krause with some amazing individual effort tonight took a 4-3 third period into a 5-4 WBS win and lead to this:

https://twitter.com/TheAHL/status/853451218160668672

His first goal was pretty sweet:

https://twitter.com/TaylorHaasePGH/status/853417473185652736

That's just patience right there. He outwaited that goalie and basically pretended the guy on him did not exist.

Also, Ben Wilson tried to kill a dude

https://twitter.com/SportsiCohn/sta...-150755723.html

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Apr 16, 2017

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That's just patience right there. He outwaited that goalie and basically pretended the guy on him did not exist.

Also, Ben Wilson tried to kill a dude

https://twitter.com/SportsiCohn/sta...-150755723.html

Holy poo poo. What caused him to go off like that? I can't even see the slightest reason.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
I think he was overreacting to whoever he was assaulting jabbing at the puck while the goalie was covering.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mage_Boy posted:

Holy poo poo. What caused him to go off like that? I can't even see the slightest reason.

According to the article, he didn't like how close he was getting to their goalie? Not much of a justification.

Kerrow
Mar 18, 2011

ZERO-G HERO
Team assaults referee after a third place match in U16 tournament.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BwnU_Q5FYQ

I mean, I didn't see the game, but half of the team going after him? :stare:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Mage_Boy posted:

Toledo jumped on Kalamazoo early, they were frustrated and taking a ton of bad penalties. That though, jesus...

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DJExile posted:

Toledo jumped on Kalamazoo early, they were frustrated and taking a ton of bad penalties. That though, jesus...

Might be a lifetime or season ban. I'd lump it in with Todd Bertuzzi, Dale Hunter, and McSorely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Might be a lifetime or season ban. I'd lump it in with Todd Bertuzzi, Dale Hunter, and McSorely.

Yeah it was awful. He was given 5+10+game in the moment. I don't think the ECHL has handed anything down yet. This was game 2 and game 3 in Kalamazoo isn't until Tuesday so I'd imagine they won't hand anything down until maybe tomorrow afternoon.

• Locked thread