Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i 100% believe mvci will be a bad game, but not in the sort of ways that make marvel good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
I don't care how bad the game is, if it has Fing Fang Foom as a Giant character I'm going to play it and make people hate it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It probably doesn't mean anything but Tatsunoko and Capcom are doing a thing in Japan next week: http://www.capcom.co.jp/game/content/monsterhunter/info/event/1480

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Shiki Dan posted:

I don't care how bad the game is, if it has Fing Fang Foom as a Giant character I'm going to play it and make people hate it.

The leaked roster has to be fake. No way they would cut Deadpool with his second movie coming out 2018.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

movie tie-in dlc

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rutibex posted:

The leaked roster has to be fake. No way they would cut Deadpool with his second movie coming out 2018.

disney doesnt make those movies

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Real hurthling! posted:

disney doesnt make those movies

Disney bought Marvel before MvC 3 came out, why is Deadpool in that game? They also have Wolverine/Magneto/Storm in the leak.

I just want to play as Deadpool :( *PINEAPPLE SURPRISE*

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rutibex posted:

Disney bought Marvel before MvC 3 came out, why is Deadpool in that game? They also have Wolverine/Magneto/Storm in the leak.

I just want to play as Deadpool :( *PINEAPPLE SURPRISE*

the leak is fake, they could be in the game or dlc later (the greediest option), but disney has no reason to ask for mutants in the game and likely a long list of characters from mcu they would rather see first no doubt

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
It would also be acceptable to include Bulletta and give her Deadpools moveset

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Rutibex posted:

It would also be acceptable to include Bulletta and give her Deadpools moveset and voice actor

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Gallon-san......... I believe..........

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Countblanc posted:

I can't wait for the marvel game with a 16 character launch roster

As long as Jin is one of them.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I will always laugh at the MvC select screen because of how exasperated Gambit looks that he's there

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I really want powerstone characters and scrooge mcduck

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Boxman posted:

As long as Jin is one of them.

MvC 1 has the best music of any fighting game. It was always a sore spot for me that they hosed up the music so bad in MvC 2 :argh:

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
What's wrong with Soulja Boy?

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Rutibex posted:

MvC 1 has the best music of any fighting game. It was always a sore spot for me that they hosed up the music so bad in MvC 2 :argh:

you take that back

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.
Hey goons. Something has been tormenting me for a while now, so I figured I'd ask everyone here, maybe you guys might help me remember this game from the late 90s.

All I recall is that it was a fighting game, and it involved cute animals (I think) that were definitely robotic at least to some degree, and would transform into stuff (I think). It was side view, MK / Street Fighter style, but the characters might have been pre-rendered 3d models. I remember this was 1997 and I had just gotten my first PC, and I was nuts about Mortal Kombat, so this seemed like something I would be into. I"ve been googling this like crazy but I really have nothing else to go on than what I've mentioned above.

It would hit me so hard in the nostalgia if anyone figured out what the hell this mystery game is. I'd love to at least watch it on youtube or something and drink in the 90s. Thanks.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

melty blood

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Rutibex posted:

Why not just put MvC1 music in MvC2 then?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Underhill posted:

Hey goons. Something has been tormenting me for a while now, so I figured I'd ask everyone here, maybe you guys might help me remember this game from the late 90s.

All I recall is that it was a fighting game, and it involved cute animals (I think) that were definitely robotic at least to some degree, and would transform into stuff (I think). It was side view, MK / Street Fighter style, but the characters might have been pre-rendered 3d models. I remember this was 1997 and I had just gotten my first PC, and I was nuts about Mortal Kombat, so this seemed like something I would be into. I"ve been googling this like crazy but I really have nothing else to go on than what I've mentioned above.

It would hit me so hard in the nostalgia if anyone figured out what the hell this mystery game is. I'd love to at least watch it on youtube or something and drink in the 90s. Thanks.

That is definitely Clay Fighter

punk rebel ecks posted:

Why not just put MvC1 music in MvC2 then?

I spent a half day learning hex editing and "hacking" to do just that! I replaced all the music in the Xbox version with tracks from MvC 1, street fighter 2, and Darkstalkers. It bothered me that much

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Apr 16, 2017

Derlix
Dec 9, 2005
Smug, Pantsless Bastard

Mr Underhill posted:

You're not thinking of Battle Beast , are you? I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in history who played that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Beast

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.

Derlix posted:

You're not thinking of Battle Beast , are you? I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in history who played that.

It's Battle Beast! Omg the feels! Thanks so much!!!! Now to hunt it down, muhaha. Thanks again!

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
the jazz soundtrack of mvc2 matches the freeform and sometimes frantic fighting style and game system mechanics

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Derlix posted:

I remember that one. I only had a demo though.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM
Picked up that really slick razer fightstick and finally got SF5 for PC

It's very different from SF4 but I like it.

Still suck though. But not that complete suck kinda suck - that sorta competent but glaringly bad in a bunch of areas scrub kinda suck. The worst kind.

(and IMO the best characters to learn how much you suck are shoto types. You can get kinda far being really lovely with brawlers)

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Zand posted:

the jazz soundtrack of mvc2 matches the freeform and sometimes frantic fighting style and game system mechanics

Also who cares, jazz era Capcom made the best music. That's what matters.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Rutibex posted:

Video game music is generally pretty bad anyway but this is like the weirdest opinion on the matter I've ever seen.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

once upon a half decade ago i really liked taskmaster's theme

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Brosnan posted:

Video game music is generally pretty bad anyway but this is like the weirdest opinion on the matter I've ever seen.

Capcom seems to agree with me, as MvC 3 brought back the character specific themes and has no jazz. I think they were just too lazy/cheap to make a theme for so many characters in MvC2.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Brosnan posted:

it's all been downhill since Tim Follin left

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
I couldn't hum a single tune from MvC1 if I tried except the character select music, which is grating and terrible.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Is there a version of the MvC3 take you for a ride that shifts erratically between all the different tempos cuz I think that'd be a neat project for someone with Sony Vegas or whatever to put on Youtube.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I like the 3s music and sound effects but the alarm that goes off when you get meter sounds like a bad ringtone and ruins it for me cause im weird

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Derlix posted:

Holy poo poo, I just barely remember having a demo for this. What a weird game

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Brosnan posted:

I couldn't hum a single tune from MvC1 if I tried except the character select music, which is grating and terrible.

i really like mvc1 themes and i could do it w some chars but when i tried to do morrigan's i just ended up going into the clock tower theme from mvc2 instead

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Brosnan, you have poo poo taste. Also when most reocurring characters from 1 to 3 have a remix of their original themes, it's not super hard to remember them.

I like Marvel 2's OST but it IS kinda poo poo that it's all stage themes.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
3s has the best music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IgY23NBAlQ

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
I dont care about music. im just gonna have the simpsons on while i play anyway so whats the point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

suck a sage