Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Captain_Person posted:

gently caress yes!! Is anybody else digging Kallus' new look, because I am all about that.

Everyone loves Hot Kallus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

IronSaber posted:

Everyone loves Hot Kallus.

Kallus looked chunky but I couldn't tell if that was just his outfit or not

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Rebel rations just pack more calories than Imperial ones.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Not sure where the episode counting is coming from on IGN's part, it wasn't said at the panel or episode screening from what I recall.

Dave also had some full self-aware snark for the Chopper and AP episode complaints in a panel yesterday, as he talked about how emotionally invested they got doing heavy episodes and wanting to fall back to some light stuff.

I was able to get in to the panel too, and my one comment: It starts super in media res, I thought maybe we had skipped the episode premiere and we were watching episode 2, but apparently not. They start right in the action, then drop some dialogue throughout the episode to explain how they got to that point.

The voice actor for Sabine's father was also super familiar but I can't place it. Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa?

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Has anyone ever seen these two guys in the same room together?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

cptn_dr posted:

Has anyone ever seen these two guys in the same room together?

Former Imperial officer turned Rebel agent - but is Kallus so sick of these Star Wars?

(RIP Lets Read thread)

Everything people have been posting is getting me increasingly hype - do we know a premier date yet?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Rebel Kallus :allears:

Also, banking on Ahsoka's return being hype and epic and it's gonna make me have goosebumps while crying like a little bitch.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Just saw the trailer and got to say this final season is looking like it'll be great, regardless of what the final fates of our MCs are. Lothal kind of had to be finished up as a storyline due to the lack of TIE Defenders in the OT, and Mandalore was obviously going to be covered as well given the start of a Mandalorian civil war - especially as it also offers a potential out for certain characters to possibly survive without impacting the OT. With the Ghost appearing in Rogue One though I am kind of curious to see if Hera at least stays on with the Rebellion if she survives, or if someone else is theoretically in command of it at that point. Alternatively it's just a cameo with no meaning, but that's boring.

Speaking of our MCs... while I highly doubt they'd actually show one dead in the trailer, and thus she's likely merely heavily injured or in mental shock or something, Sabine is completely limp in that wolf riding shot - Ezra is actually holding her, her helmet and whatever's on her lap in place. The wolf scenes also look like they're on Lothal, so I don't think it'd be mental shock over what potentially happened in the spoilers Big Mean Jerk was talking about regarding the premiere.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

teagone posted:

Rebel Kallus :allears:

Also, banking on Ahsoka's return being hype and epic and it's gonna make me have goosebumps while crying like a little bitch.

I can't decide if I want Kallus to become a new Crix Madine or a new Dash Rendar. :v:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Lord Koth posted:

With the Ghost appearing in Rogue One though I am kind of curious to see if Hera at least stays on with the Rebellion if she survives, or if someone else is theoretically in command of it at that point. Alternatively it's just a cameo with no meaning, but that's boring.

They mention a General Syndulla over the intercom in Rogue One. She's at least at Yavin, if not in the Ghost during Rogue One.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

One of the announcements at Celebration confirms that Hera is on Endor with Leia, which we'll see featured in the Forces of Destiny series.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

TARDISman posted:

They mention a General Syndulla over the intercom in Rogue One. She's at least at Yavin, if not in the Ghost during Rogue One.

...Yeah, I'd actually forgotten that detail. Thanks for the reminder. So it's more a matter of who else survives, and where they happen to be.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

cptn_dr posted:

One of the announcements at Celebration confirms that Hera is on Endor with Leia, which we'll see featured in the Forces of Destiny series.

This seems like a great way to tie in... with the Rex=Nik Sant reveal. He and Hera had a mission on Endor as a strike team.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

If that's the case where was the Ghost in the DS2 battle over Endor?

I'm actually wondering if that short is going to be during the battle or after the battle. Maybe we will see some "well they blew up the Death Star but we still have so many Star Destroyers" resolution

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

I'm guessing the decrease to 15 episodes might be to maximize the budget for each of them. Otherwise Rebels doesn't have the money to do huge stuff each episode.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Aces High posted:

Maybe we will see some "well they blew up the Death Star but we still have so many Star Destroyers" resolution

The SW Battlefield II trailer also came out, and while they're not considered cannon, it shows the surviving Star Destroyer fleet leaving the Death Star debris field and jumping to hyperspace - which eventually leads to Jakku, the story of which is in novels I think, or comics.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Aces High posted:

If that's the case where was the Ghost in the DS2 battle over Endor?

I'm actually wondering if that short is going to be during the battle or after the battle. Maybe we will see some "well they blew up the Death Star but we still have so many Star Destroyers" resolution

If you didn't see the new Battlefront 2 is using the immediate aftermath of Endor as its story, so that's pretty neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kae-JjbLsgA

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

If you didn't see the new Battlefront 2 is using the immediate aftermath of Endor as its story, so that's pretty neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kae-JjbLsgA

Nice bit of continuity from the comics to see one of these guys in the trailer at about 1:15
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel_(The_Contingency)

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

NTRabbit posted:

The SW Battlefield II trailer also came out, and while they're not considered cannon, it shows the surviving Star Destroyer fleet leaving the Death Star debris field and jumping to hyperspace - which eventually leads to Jakku, the story of which is in novels I think, or comics.

The story of Battlefront II is going to be canonical, actually.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Youtubers are mad that the protagonist of Battlefront II is female. It's like Ghostbusters all over again only it's not resulting in an immediate deluge of downvotes because the trailer is actually pretty loving awesome.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Good ol' fragile toxic masculinity. Couldn't handle the fact that they only had 30ish years with 90% of major Star Wars characters (and game protagonists) being men.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

jivjov posted:

The story of Battlefront II is going to be canonical, actually.

I didn't explain myself properly - the 'events' in the game that you control, ie every time you teabag some dipshit called xXx_DaRtH*EmPeRoR_xXx in white armour who can't shoot straight, aren't cannon, but yeah the underlying, immutable stories are.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Apr 16, 2017

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

But can you imagine if the original trilogy had shown women in combat situations? So unrealistic!

Like the real criticism should be that they're whitewashing the Empire's misogyny.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

IronSaber posted:

So I only heard about this second hand and couldn't find any immediate footage, but... Dave confirmed that Ahsoka was still alive?

Pretty sure you hear her voice in the trailer.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
It still has an effect. Jyn Erso was heavily re-written and re-shot in Rogue One because the character didn't test well with men aged 26-34, which Disney thought was going to be the core audience.

Ghetto Prince fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Apr 16, 2017

Minnesota Manatee
Aug 28, 2009

Colonial Air Force posted:

Pretty sure you hear her voice in the trailer.

When? If you're talking about the woman speaking after Hera, that's Mon Mothma.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Also just noticed in the Battlefront 2 trailer a tiny probe droid one of the inquisitors used is in it. :3:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Spent my quiet Easter binging through the second half of Season 3 and drat, I love this show so much. I had to do a double take when Mon Mothma talked about the massacre at Ghorman. Was that from the d6 source books? I first read about it in the official strategy guide for X-Wing,and pulled it out to see if there were any similarities, and it even talks about Mothma uniting various cells after the incident.

EDIT: Also the Kenobi/Maul duel owned, and I love the music in the series. The final escape in the finale had some really drat good music.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Apr 16, 2017

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Twin Suns is one of my top 5 episodes of the series.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

twistedmentat posted:

You're overvaluing some episodes, son. :colbert:

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

cptn_dr posted:

"How I Single Handedly Won The Battle of Scarif, a tale in 15 parts" By Chopper.

Only if it's an audiobook narrated by Gilbert Gottfried,AKA the perfect voice for Chopper.

TheCenturion posted:

You're overvaluing some episodes, son. :colbert:

To be fair,there were a lot of :mediocre:/bleck episodes,too.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I really hope with Kanan and Ezra on Yavin we can get some stuff on the Massassi thrown in there, maybe squeeze Exar Kun into canon.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

Well, it was the best non-chopper episode. Chopper is the best drat character on the show afterall.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Catching up on the thread, and the B-Wing/Rocketeer connection is fantastic stuff. :aaa:

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

MrJacobs posted:

Well, it was the best non-chopper episode. Chopper is the best drat character on the show afterall.

I was really happy with Hera's voiceover introducing him as a war vet

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Ghetto Prince posted:

It still has an effect. Jyn Erso was heavily re-written and re-shot in Rogue One because the character didn't test well with men aged 26-34, which Disney thought was going to be the core audience.

Good, if only because it appears to have been responsible for the writers dropping the awful "I rebel" line from the movie. That line in the first trailer made my interest in the film plummet and it's lack of inclusion in further trailers is a big part of why I ended up seeing the film at all. Jyn was still pretty flat as a character, but so was Cassian and most of the cast, as are Star Wars casts in general, especially if only looking at their first film so she's at least par for the course within the franchise. She's still a far more interesting female lead than Rey though, and with her actually having some action and stake in the plot Carrie Fisher probably enjoyed seeing it (presuming she did watch it before she died) given I've heard she complained a good bit to Lucas at how little she felt Leia and females in general had to do in the original trilogy.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MrJacobs posted:

I'm kinda sad they didn't manage to squeeze him into Rogue One somewhere, just being an rear end in a top hat on Yavin 4.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm kinda sad they didn't manage to squeeze him into Rogue One somewhere, just being an rear end in a top hat on Yavin 4.

They did. He's roaming around in one of the hanger scenes.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zebulon posted:

They did. He's roaming around in one of the hanger scenes.

Oh wow, he is too :stare:. Even gets a speaking line by the sound of it, which I'm sure is filled with profanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh wow, he is too :stare:. Even gets a speaking line by the sound of it, which I'm sure is filled with profanity.

Don't watch Rebels Recon? They've made numerous jokes/reference to "Movie Star Chopper".

• Locked thread