Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Prizes yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

Based on what I read on the official forums yesterday, there is literally one single person checking entries and distributing prizes. Manually.

raffie
Feb 28, 2004
hopeless incompetent
Thanks for the PANSY invite and i'm now in.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

ELI PORTER posted:

Based on what I read on the official forums yesterday, there is literally one single person checking entries and distributing prizes. Manually.

wg.txt

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

ELI PORTER posted:

Lol. This may involve a few thousand people...let's put one guy on it.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

ELI PORTER posted:

manually? the gently caress?

jesus gently caress WG NA is bad at this

i fully expect whoever is checking those things to hand out the type 59's to his buds and whatever fake accounts he plans to sell

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Apr 16, 2017

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
All contests and events in World of Tanks are handled manually.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Hellsau posted:

My favorite event was the 1v1 tournament for tier 7 mediums only I won because I reported the guy who used an SU-122-44.

That tournament also had a moron in a O-Ni who beat everyone but me that I reported.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

http://wotreplays.com/site/3510249#winterberg-darkrenown-vk_45_02_p_ausf_b7

Went better than expected.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Lazyhound posted:

I re-installed the other day. I think the RU 251 is the most fun I've ever had with the game, except maybe the AMX 13 90 when it was a tier 7.

It's almost tempting to finish grinding my tier 9s, but I can't shake the constant awareness that I could be doing something, anything, else, instead. :goleft:

(Also I don't get Discord and couldn't find anyone to platoon with.)

Get Discord here; I PM'd you a link to our server in-game.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Yeonik posted:

I wistfully reminisce about the old t-50-2 over a glass of brandy in front of the fire from time to time.
Did you ever get the jizz stains out of your dinner jacket?

Yeonik
Aug 23, 2010

Cartoon posted:

Did you ever get the jizz stains out of your dinner jacket?

Why would you want to do that?

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Totally ready for the tournament tomorrow! I'm so stoked to get yelled at by Hellsau!

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Hellsau posted:

lol

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Ah, I have been sustained on tears
This particular gently caress was of four mediums that hid way behind all the TDs and lights on the east of Erlenberg pissing themselves while us TDs and lights pushed the flank because the other was gone. He was killed early on by three shots, didn't bounce a thing. Then mouthed off in chat after the battle was almost over that it's always the dead tanks bitching in chat because I was calling the moron mediums a bunch of moron mediums.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

should have bitched at the simp dude for not carrying hard enough

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

someday my prize will come

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

SocketWrench posted:

Ah, I have been sustained on tears
This particular gently caress was of four mediums that hid way behind all the TDs and lights on the east of Erlenberg pissing themselves while us TDs and lights pushed the flank because the other was gone. He was killed early on by three shots, didn't bounce a thing. Then mouthed off in chat after the battle was almost over that it's always the dead tanks bitching in chat because I was calling the moron mediums a bunch of moron mediums.

I had my entire flank fold on Tundra in the time it took me to fire 3 shots in a Skorpion yesterday. Meanwhile the other flank was overrun not long after. There was a light tank driver who did the loving stupid suicide scout run who spent the next 3 minutes as I tried to do as much damage as I can calling me a rat for hiding at the back.

Yesterday was just a poo poo show by my team effectively every game. I'm sure if I'd have played 50+ games it would have evened out with the shitters on the other side, but this game is just so frustrating when you have a team made up of windowlickers.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

serious gaylord posted:

I had my entire flank fold on Tundra in the time it took me to fire 3 shots in a Skorpion yesterday. Meanwhile the other flank was overrun not long after. There was a light tank driver who did the loving stupid suicide scout run who spent the next 3 minutes as I tried to do as much damage as I can calling me a rat for hiding at the back.

Yesterday was just a poo poo show by my team effectively every game. I'm sure if I'd have played 50+ games it would have evened out with the shitters on the other side, but this game is just so frustrating when you have a team made up of windowlickers.

The best part is, and the reason I brought up the damage aspect, is even with my paper thin "armor" I bounced a shot and blocked some splash damage when arty was pounding the gently caress out of me. I kinda wish I trolled the dude that bounced a shot on a Skorpion because lol.
But yeah, this weekend has been a shitshow of window lickers and fail trains. I didn't bother hanging around for one of the overlord matches when the whole team, including arty went beach. Nope, not having it, exited to garage that moment. Saw the defeat tag pop up a bit later and checked. My afk KV-2 did third in experience because of damage blocked while the best of the team did 651 damage. I dunno if that was the masterpiece of stupidity this weekend or if it was the triple light platoon that decided to spot from the other side of the water on the north of the Erlenberg map. I mean christ, I was getting spotting damage with my Super Pershing because they were back there.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

SocketWrench posted:

The best part is, and the reason I brought up the damage aspect, is even with my paper thin "armor" I bounced a shot and blocked some splash damage when arty was pounding the gently caress out of me. I kinda wish I trolled the dude that bounced a shot on a Skorpion because lol.
But yeah, this weekend has been a shitshow of window lickers and fail trains. I didn't bother hanging around for one of the overlord matches when the whole team, including arty went beach. Nope, not having it, exited to garage that moment. Saw the defeat tag pop up a bit later and checked. My afk KV-2 did third in experience because of damage blocked while the best of the team did 651 damage. I dunno if that was the masterpiece of stupidity this weekend or if it was the triple light platoon that decided to spot from the other side of the water on the north of the Erlenberg map. I mean christ, I was getting spotting damage with my Super Pershing because they were back there.

I had my entire team, including artillery go into the town on Live Oaks in a game yesterday. Who then got held up by a KV-2 platoon who nuked them all. This weekend has been terrible for teams, you'd think there was some sort of event on.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
I think because it might be the last day with 'old' arty we are getting a dose

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

This was a really lovely back and forth. You could have taunted him much better.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
why the gently caress did i just read that i gotta remember to just not next time lol

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
So is this half-assed patch actually coming out today or tomorrow?

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
Finally got the RU and got 7 kills in my first match in it (tier X). On a side note, tier 8 scouts are almost guaranteed to be in tier 10 matches, anyway.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Got the O-Ni with this Jap weekend special (EU Server) and there's simply no point in mounting the 10cm Experimental.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Barry posted:

So is this half-assed patch actually coming out today or tomorrow?

i refuse to play any of the "new" light tanks because i think they will be weaker than the current t8s due to size and speed shame wg

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Atomizer posted:

huge gigantic shitbricks with thick but flat armor. I wasn't a fan of the 8 in particular. Avoid this line for now.[/b]

wrong

also it is finished. Type-59 Patton purchased, China tech tree complete.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Apr 17, 2017

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Stringbean posted:

This was a really lovely back and forth. You could have taunted him much better.

everyone has to start somewhere :shrug: at least he got the guy going

Strike Anywhere
Oct 3, 2006
I love the smell of sulfur in the morning...

Agrajag posted:

Well poo poo, any suggestions on what I should grind for next?

I've goten the E5, T57, E100, Jgpz E100, Leo 1, Obj 140, T62A, IS-7, AMX30B, and STB-1.

I'd probably say:
50/51
(or)
Kranvagn/103b - if you want some new mechanics (invulnerable turret face and siege mode). I enjoy both but the 103b line took a lot of time for me to learn how to be aggressive in. Up to (or down to?) 3.2k dpg/60% wr in it now. Still one of my favorites to roll these days since I can actually bully a lot of tanks offensively in the 103b.
(or)
Maus/Type 5 depending on if you like to be slow but bully.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Meanwhile Sand River delivers yet another steaming heap of poo poo masquerading as a WoT Random Battle.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Strike Anywhere posted:

Maus/Type 5 depending on if you like to be slow but bully.

The two tanks leading up to the Maus look really miserable to play, like the pre-buff T28 and T95. "Armored" tanks that are only armored to lower tier tanks that aren't firing gold ammo that trade all their mobility away for that inconsistent armor aren't really fun to play. The guns aren't as good as the T28/T95 guns, but at least they have a pile of HP to make up for it.

That HE derp on the Type 4 is ridiculously inconsistent but dealing more damage on average than a goddamn 183 HESH shell is nice and ridiculous.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I've had enough of this game's bullshit for one day.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

TOURNAMENT POST!

These people, show up on Discord a little bit before 9pm, 8 hours from this post.

Steelion
Cafone
PresidentGingrich
lradikal
HFX
ExiaFS

Captain Blargh you got kicked from the team, rip.

We need a bunch of KV-1s and KV-1Ss. The Chaffee and M7 aren't going to be acceptable tanks to bring post-patch, since they're going to get demolished. Compared to the T67, they get 20m additional view range and basically don't get a gun and they don't even get more HP! Seriously this is loving bullshit. Anyway we'll probably run a few Chaffees for tonight, but Wednesday and Friday we'll just be playing a bunch of heavies and shooting enemy tanks. For the tier 4 we'll probably be able to keep the Luchs even post patch.

e: Hey ExiaFS, you really enjoyed that time we played like 15 games in the Scorpion, right? Let's platoon on Saturday.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Apr 17, 2017

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
Emptied my Leopard's clip into the side of teammate's lkv after he wouldn't stop ramming me*. Apparently spraying a teammate to death will get you banned for an hour.
Totally worth it.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

Government Handjob posted:

Emptied my Leopard's clip into the side of teammate's lkv after he wouldn't stop ramming me*. Apparently spraying a teammate to death will get you banned for an hour.
Totally worth it.

I one-shotted a guy yesterday for pushing around a little AMX right in front of my arty because the guy I guess didn't like where the AMX parked. (You can get away with it in arty.) I've also tk'd a guy because he kept shooting at another teammate. It's fun playing commissar.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
holy gently caress they really are going live with the terrible arty changes.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Agrajag posted:

Don't worry, it's just on the NA server, AKA the second least important server ahead of WoWS and behind WoT Blitz.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Hellsau posted:

TOURNAMENT POST!

These people, show up on Discord a little bit before 9pm, 8 hours from this post.

Steelion
Cafone
PresidentGingrich
lradikal
HFX
ExiaFS

Captain Blargh you got kicked from the team, rip.

We need a bunch of KV-1s and KV-1Ss. The Chaffee and M7 aren't going to be acceptable tanks to bring post-patch, since they're going to get demolished. Compared to the T67, they get 20m additional view range and basically don't get a gun and they don't even get more HP! Seriously this is loving bullshit. Anyway we'll probably run a few Chaffees for tonight, but Wednesday and Friday we'll just be playing a bunch of heavies and shooting enemy tanks. For the tier 4 we'll probably be able to keep the Luchs even post patch.

e: Hey ExiaFS, you really enjoyed that time we played like 15 games in the Scorpion, right? Let's platoon on Saturday.

It looks like I might not be able to make it for this, I was supposed to sign a lease-takeover half an hour ago, and now the most freedomest country in the history of the world is once again choking me with red tape, to the point where I just lost my late-May sublease and need to scramble to get an alternative signed by Tuesday without looking like a desperate moron that is definitely hiding something.

Sorry :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Agrajag posted:

Just one step closer to removing it from the game all together at worst.

fuuuucccckk I forgot about the 121B god damnit my collection is not complete.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Apr 17, 2017