Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Jimmy's removing the duct tape the way Chuck told him :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Jimmy is removing the tape using Chuck's technique, aww

E: f;b

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
it's painter's tape- specifically designed to not leave residue and be easy to remove- yet Jimmy is removing it exactly like Chuck

e: fucker of Chucks; beaten not once but twice

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
"Kim, I'm good" No you are not Jimmy

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Ohh no, Jimmy don't do the thing :smith:

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Hamlin the gently caress you doing?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

lotus circle posted:

This is probably illegal, you own a law-firm you should know better :ohdear:

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

lotus circle posted:

White guys can't jump.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Chuck is going to start suspecting people of putting arsenic in his water supply next

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

"You have to hide them."

Rules for Chuck's secret clubhouse!

E- Hamlin has had enough of Chuck's bullsh--:stare:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Jimmy isn't going to steal the tape that way :doom:

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

oh i'm sorry, i called it too early

HERE is the meltdown

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Poor Jimmy getting ratfucked in the worst way

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

That's not the tape.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
HOLY. loving. poo poo.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Poor Jimmy :smith:

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Goddamit man, you gotta punch him!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

lotus circle posted:

Goddamit man, you gotta punch him!

Might as well at this point. :smith:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jesus Christ, Jimmy's just gonna get in more and more poo poo :ohdear:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS LISTEN TO KIM, JIMMY.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS LISTEN TO KIM, JIMMY.
I mean, wouldn't everyone in this show just be better off listening to Kim?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Great episode.

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009
"I know my brother, he'll try to sneak in under cover of night---"

[Jimmy breaks through the wall, Kool-Aid Man style]

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
I love Kim breaking out Saul's signature "Give me a dollar, now I'm your lawyer" trick. Slippin' Kimmy is on her way back in the door.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, can Jimmy just spin this to say the confession still isn't real? Like, if my brother pretended to have a mental breakdown as a con job because he was so convinced that he couldn't have made The Easiest Mistake in the World, then I'd be pretty pissed off too. He even calls the tape "nothing."

I mean yeah he did all that other stuff, but I just want Kim to be safe.

SpiderHyphenMan fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Apr 18, 2017

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Chuck is a dick

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Wait, can Jimmy just spin this to say the confession still isn't real? Like, if my brother pretended to have a mental breakdown as a con job because he was so convinced that he couldn't have made The Easiest Mistake in the World, then I'd be pretty pissed off too. He even calls the tape "nothing."

He could try, but it would be really really difficult. Basically impossible to convince a jury. Unless you tip the scales a bit.

Everyone theorizing that Jimmy's final transformation into Saul would be catalyzed by him representing himself in an impossible case and winning an acquittal with his Slippin' Jimmy superpowers looks to have been right on the money.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

He still can, but he could also very easily spend some time in jail and get disbarred for B&E or assault just for that meltdown

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Cnut the Great posted:

He could try, but it would be really really difficult. Basically impossible to convince a jury. Unless you tip the scales a bit.

Everyone theorizing that Jimmy's final transformation into Saul would be catalyzed by him representing himself in an impossible case and winning an acquittal with his Slippin' Jimmy superpowers looks to have been right on the money.
Oh god the face of horror that Chuck as he sees everyone charmed by Slippin Jimmy will be so cathartic

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Oh also confirmation that Chuck's wife left him. That's good.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

lotus circle posted:

I mean, wouldn't everyone in this show just be better off listening to Kim?

I would watch According To Kim.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Dangerous Person posted:

Chuck is a dick

It looks like he's finally starting to regret the lengths he's gone to to teach Jimmy a lesson, though. With the prospect of Jimmy actually, literally going to jail and having his entire life ruined because of him becoming a concrete reality, I think even Chuck is realizing that everything that's happened between them isn't worth losing his brother's love forever. I suspect it's too late, though. That would be some tragic irony: Chuck actually going through some introspection and realizing he was *gasp* wrong for once, but Jimmy being forced so far into the Saul persona as a result of what Chuck did that their relationship is beyond repairing.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Cnut the Great posted:

It looks like he's finally starting to regret the lengths he's gone to to teach Jimmy a lesson, though. With the prospect of Jimmy actually, literally going to jail and having his entire life ruined because of him becoming a concrete reality, I think even Chuck is realizing that everything that's happened between them isn't worth losing his brother's love forever. I suspect it's too late, though. That would be some tragic irony: Chuck actually going through some introspection and realizing he was *gasp* wrong for once, but Jimmy being forced so far into the Saul persona as a result of what Chuck did that their relationship is beyond repairing.
Chuck doesn't regret poo poo, except for marrying Rebecca, who he should have known would be charmed by his brother just like everyone else.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Chuck doesn't regret poo poo, except for marrying Rebecca, who he should have known would be charmed by his brother just like everyone else.

I think people's pathological hatred for Chuck (who is really more of a pitiable wretch than a contemptible villain) is clouding their ability to actually watch the show. Chuck was clearly pretty genuinely emotionally affected by what Jimmy was saying about "destroying our family" during his outburst. I don't think Chuck is going to have a sudden and immediate come-to-Jesus moment by next episode or anything, but it's impossible to miss how Michael McKean plays that scene if you watch it with a clear head.

This reminds me of the people back when Breaking Bad was airing who were so consumed with hatred for Walt that they were completely incapable of understanding the key point that Walt genuinely cared about Jesse (in his own admittedly hosed up way), and so the showrunners literally had to have Hank of all characters point this obvious fact out so people would understand it.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
My new prediction is that Jimmy is going to gently caress Chuck's poo poo up so badly in court that he has to change his name so he isn't associated with his brother. Just tell the jury that even AFTER that poo poo he pulled with HHM while you were taking care of him for his imaginary brain problem when you could have had him committed, you went to his house after he collapsed and made sure he made it through the night okay, and then he used that moment to say that's when you committed a complex forgery scheme, because the alternative would be that he made a mistake and he couldn't accept that, so he pretended to have a mental breakdown to get you to "confess," which was part one of a scheme where part two was scaring the poo poo out of the mailroom kid who had taken over the whole "making sure his broke brain rear end has groceries" thing.
There is no need for the confession to be genuine for Jimmy's meltdown to be explained. Everything is perfectly under control... FOR SAUL GOODMAN.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I think they didn't do the bag handoff because Jimmy is comically bad at discreetly watching someone.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Cnut the Great posted:

I think people's pathological hatred for Chuck (who is really more of a pitiable wretch than a contemptible villain) is clouding their ability to actually watch the show. Chuck was clearly pretty genuinely emotionally affected by what Jimmy was saying about "destroying our family" during his outburst. I don't think Chuck is going to have a sudden and immediate come-to-Jesus moment by next episode or anything, but it's impossible to miss how Michael McKean plays that scene if you watch it with a clear head.

This reminds me of the people back when Breaking Bad was airing who were so consumed with hatred for Walt that they were completely incapable of understanding the key point that Walt genuinely cared about Jesse (in his own admittedly hosed up way), and so the showrunners literally had to have Hank of all characters point this obvious fact out so people would understand it.
Like Walt, Chuck is a miserable creature who thinks he "knows" the most important person in his life when he really loving doesn't, at all, whether it's "Of course Jesse's working with Nazis!" or "He's gonna sneak in through the cover of darkness like a thoughtful criminal mind, and not barge in for a confrontation because I emotionally manipulated him in yet another horrifying way."

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009

TOOT BOOT posted:

I think they didn't do the bag handoff because Jimmy is comically bad at discreetly watching someone.

Yeah, Jimmy stuck out like a sore thumb and my take while watching was that Gus had some subtle way of telling his man to cancel the handoff.

I think I disagree with the earlier commenter who said that Jimmy should be better at the spy thing, being a con artist. Jimmy is excellent at drawing attention to himself and weaving tall tales, he's no good at the kind of patience and unobtrusiveness required in Mike-style gigs.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Two questions

1. Why is a Mexican chicken fast food place that busy at 7:30 in the morning

and

2. I forget, have Jimmy and Kimmy banged

also it makes BB a little weird that Mike is so loyal to Gus and against Saul when he was with Saul before he even knew Gus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009
Well, Mike and Saul seem to have a strained professional relationship at the best of times (just look at the scene after Jimmy leaves Pollos), and their temperments are wildly incompatible.

• Locked thread