Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

When Mike/Saul have their split in season 3 of BB, it's not the kind of split that suggests a betrayal between friends. I think the writers have been very careful to walk that line where the two find each other useful but exasperating, so as not to contradict the way they fall out later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

drunken officeparty posted:

it makes BB a little weird that Mike is so loyal to Gus and against Saul when he was with Saul before he even knew Gus.

There's also still a lot of BCS to happen, who knows what kind of twists and turns their relationship will take

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Winkie01 posted:

White guys can't jump.

Howard Hamlin Hardly Has Hops.

Two questions

1. Why is a Mexican chicken fast food place that busy at 7:30 in the morning

They serve breakfast. It was on the sign and everything!

CBJSprague24 posted:

That's not the tape.

I wonder if it would actually be better for Chuck if Jimmy did destroy the tape? Howard (and, possibly, the PI) have already heard it and can testify as to its contents, and with the tape destroyed there would be no way that Jimmy could try to pretend it wasn't his voice on the tape. Do the contents of the tape even matter if Jimmy is charged with destroying evidence?

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

2. I forget, have Jimmy and Kimmy banged

They have banged.

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

Oh god, gently caress Chuck.

Oh, and Victor's back. :D

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

FuriousxGeorge posted:

They have banged.

Nice

MarksMan
Mar 18, 2001
Nap Ghost
God I loving hate Chuck. I don't think Saul is a great guy either but I cannot stand Chuck. Just that type of personality, combined with the judgmental, holier-than-thou attitude.

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

It's such bullshit how we have to wait a week in-between episodes. I'm so used to Netflix & Amazon now.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
do you think Jimmy got diabetes from putting too much sugar in his coffee and that's why he collapsed at Cinnabon in episode 1

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think Jimmy could still play this as a "I said those things so you wouldn't go off the deep end and I wouldn't have to put you in a home" and then him being upset that it was recorded to use against him. He could get in trouble for the breaking an entering, but that could be excused that Jimmy was concerned about Chuck's well being. That is believable as Chuck just recently turned his house into a weather balloon. Breaking into the desk and destroying the tape, I don't know.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
he just took the tape of out the casing

you can re-roll it up into another cassette

cowtown
Jul 4, 2007

the cow's a friend to me
Should have erased the tape with a giant magnet.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Kim leaves New Mexico in the last episode, ready to start a new life at a prestigious New York firm. She boards her plane, and sits next to a sweet little girl with a fear of flying, who clutches a pink teddy bear. Kim talks to her and assures her that nothing will go wrong, and even though sometimes bad things happen you can't let the possibility bother you. The plane ascends into the air, but there is a terrible accident shortly after take off when a distracted air traffic controller fails to clear their flightpath. There are no survivors.

hiddenmovement fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Apr 18, 2017

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

hiddenmovement posted:

Kim leaves New Mexico in the last episode, ready to start a new life at a prestigious New York firm. She boards her plane, but there is a terrible accident shortly after take off when a distracted air traffic controller fails to clear their flightpath and she is killed.

The little girl in the seat next to her has a pink teddy bear.
Down
Over
Wexler

Caros
May 14, 2008

Cnut the Great posted:

He could try, but it would be really really difficult. Basically impossible to convince a jury. Unless you tip the scales a bit.

Everyone theorizing that Jimmy's final transformation into Saul would be catalyzed by him representing himself in an impossible case and winning an acquittal with his Slippin' Jimmy superpowers looks to have been right on the money.

Not especially, to be honest.

In a theoretical trial, Chuck's mental illness is going to come up and it is so blatantly psychosomatic (and could be proven as such by experts) that Jimmy will be able to make a very, very convincing case that he made the whole thing up in an attempt to unfuck a mentally disturbed individual. Sadly most people hear 'mental illness' and think full blown lunatic so Chuck's credibility is out the window. While Jimmy could be in trouble for B&E, lets be honest. He is a white lawyer, the victim was his estranged family. He'd see a suspended sentence with community service if Chuck is lucky.

Frankly his behavior actually helps him in some ways. If he'd snuck in to steal it, he'd be hosed. But this was a man pissed off that his brother conned him, and used an electrical device in the process. People would be more sympathetic to Jimmy than to chuck.

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

Maybe Saul has Mike intimidate Chuck and Howard or something? :D

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

FreeKillB posted:

Yeah, Jimmy stuck out like a sore thumb and my take while watching was that Gus had some subtle way of telling his man to cancel the handoff.

Gus sweeping at the courier's feet was a signal to abort the drop.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Selachian posted:

Howard Hamlin Hardly Has Hops.

I wonder if it would actually be better for Chuck if Jimmy did destroy the tape? Howard (and, possibly, the PI) have already heard it and can testify as to its contents, and with the tape destroyed there would be no way that Jimmy could try to pretend it wasn't his voice on the tape. Do the contents of the tape even matter if Jimmy is charged with destroying evidence?

You can't just say "He destroyed tape. The tape was him admitting he did a crime."

Chuck's arrogance just canceled out Jimmy's arrogance. They're perfect at destroying each other.

Edit: I love Gus's face when he fishes out the container. He must take plastic out of the trash can 30 times a day.

Edit 2: There's got to be a better way to show Mike is methodical than giving him 18 minutes an ep of Watching Guys.

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Apr 18, 2017

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Emotions were running high for Jimmy so I understand why he didn't consider it. But man if only he leveraged the legendary private eye he knows that he has a favor in the bank for to get that tape.

Speaking of which, has Mike slept in like, 3 days?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

No sleep needed- look at his pointy ears and emaciated face, Mike is a vampire.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Watch Jimmy have a huge plan all set out.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
This has probably been mentioned before, or some of you realized this in the past, but I personally just realized that it's probably no coincidence that Michael McKean is on this show. Just like Bryan Cranston's casting was helped by Vince Gilligan having met him on the X-Files episode Drive, Gilligan helped write a two-part X-Files episode called Dreamland that Michael McKean guest stars very prominently in: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreamland_(The_X-Files)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Chuck: I know my brother, he'll try to sneak in at night an-

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

So what are Chuck and Howard going to with Ernesto?

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Caros posted:

Not especially, to be honest.

In a theoretical trial, Chuck's mental illness is going to come up and it is so blatantly psychosomatic (and could be proven as such by experts) that Jimmy will be able to make a very, very convincing case that he made the whole thing up in an attempt to unfuck a mentally disturbed individual. Sadly most people hear 'mental illness' and think full blown lunatic so Chuck's credibility is out the window. While Jimmy could be in trouble for B&E, lets be honest. He is a white lawyer, the victim was his estranged family. He'd see a suspended sentence with community service if Chuck is lucky.

Frankly his behavior actually helps him in some ways. If he'd snuck in to steal it, he'd be hosed. But this was a man pissed off that his brother conned him, and used an electrical device in the process. People would be more sympathetic to Jimmy than to chuck.

The trial is gonna end with Jimmy just going scorched earth on Chuck so bad he has him committed to a mental institution.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Selachian posted:

also 3 something for a combo even in the early 2000s is a steal

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

The Muppets On PCP posted:

also 3 something for a combo even in the early 2000s is a steal

With a coffee no less!

Golden Bee posted:

Edit 2: There's got to be a better way to show Mike is methodical than giving him 18 minutes an ep of Watching Guys.

Yeah I have a lot of patience for their montages because they're shot/edited/scored/acted so well, and I know that they want to do a slow burn, but holy moly we get it.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Any couch psychologists here?
I'm wondering if a good drug and therapy regimen would have got chuck (mostly) normal within a year.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Hey, someone give me a refresher, it's been too long since S2.

Why does Mike hate and want to kill Hector again? That was put on the backburner because of the Gus stuff but I forget why he was in the desert with the rifle in the first place.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Why does Mike hate and want to kill Hector again? That was put on the backburner because of the Gus stuff but I forget why he was in the desert with the rifle in the first place.

The cousins threatened him and his granddaughter after Mike set up Tuco in order to get him sent to prison to protect his and Nacho's rear end IIRC

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Ha, so I thought I knew, and it turns out even I forgot, and I'm glued to the screen every week.

I think it was from Mike helping Nacho out, it involved getting rid of Tuco, Mike gets Tuco put away for possession of a gun, so Hector telks Mike to say the gun was Mike's and not Tuco's. Hector threatens Mike's family via the twins. Mike being a family man hates that poo poo, so he's willing to put down Hector for good. Except he was told "Don't".

Now I'm wondering if Nacho dies before the BB timeline gets set up :ohdear:

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Last Chance posted:

The cousins threatened him and his granddaughter after Mike set up Tuco in order to get him sent to prison to protect his and Nacho's rear end IIRC

Riiiight. His daughter-in-law and granddaughter haven't shown up yet this season so I haven't quite remembered and pieced it all back together.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
I forgot Tuco was even in Season 2. I was wondering why Mike was following those guys too.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

cowtown posted:

Ein cooler Typ posted:

he just took the tape of out the casing

you can re-roll it up into another cassette

I don't believe that the tape itself matters at all and they went to great pains to explain that it was legally useless anyway(*). What would probably stick legally is two witnesses to Jimmy breaking and entering, committing assault, and most importantly attempting to destroy evidence. The episode was called "Witness".

(*) Hamlin said it wouldn't hold up, Chuck agreed it wouldn't hold up, Kim said it wouldn't hold up, and Kim confirmed it wouldn't hold up with her old law prof.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Ha, so I thought I knew, and it turns out even I forgot, and I'm glued to the screen every week.

I think it was from Mike helping Nacho out, it involved getting rid of Tuco, Mike gets Tuco put away for possession of a gun, so Hector telks Mike to say the gun was Mike's and not Tuco's. Hector threatens Mike's family via the twins. Mike being a family man hates that poo poo, so he's willing to put down Hector for good. Except he was told "Don't".

Now I'm wondering if Nacho dies before the BB timeline gets set up :ohdear:

When Walt and Jesse drag Saul into the desert in BB, he mentions(blames) an "Ignacio", which is Nacho's real name I think? So he seems to be alive as of then, at least.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

When Walt and Jesse drag Saul into the desert in BB, he mentions(blames) an "Ignacio", which is Nacho's real name I think? So he seems to be alive as of then, at least.

Welllll not necessarily...it could just mean that Saul hasn't heard from him in a while and assumes he's alive.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
Mike on his night job: crossword
Gus's goons on their night job: word search

No surprise Mike becomes Gus's #1 guy

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:
Episode 2 was much better than episode 1, although I think Mike shadowing that guy for 15 minutes was not worth the payoff that we all knew was coming of the reveal of Gus. The rest of the episode was top quality though.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

cowtown posted:

InfiniteZero posted:

I don't believe that the tape itself matters at all and they went to great pains to explain that it was legally useless anyway(*). What would probably stick legally is two witnesses to Jimmy breaking and entering, committing assault, and most importantly attempting to destroy evidence. The episode was called "Witness".

(*) Hamlin said it wouldn't hold up, Chuck agreed it wouldn't hold up, Kim said it wouldn't hold up, and Kim confirmed it wouldn't hold up with her old law prof.

Hey I think cowtown was making a Breaking Bad/Jesse/Magnets joke. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Longbaugh01 posted:

Hey I think cowtown was making a Breaking Bad/Jesse/Magnets joke. :)

And I totally missed it.

I forgot that huge rear end magnets can fix so many problems.

• Locked thread