Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Guavanaut posted:

Pissflaps is it okay to go to the shops in a pokemon onesie if you're wearing a morning suit underneath?

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/854272269748772864

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD

Jose posted:

could be ill health then

This has been explicitly ruled out by No. 10

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
What about jim jams underneath a burka? You'd never know.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Hopefully we're joining some sort of union within Europe to help with trade and free movement haha

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Party Boat posted:

It won't stop anything and will be even worse because the gov can then just self no confidence and call Labour cowards to boot.
If the Tories vote to say that they have no confidence in their ability to govern then Labour shouldn't be worrying about being called nasty things because they've got plenty of poo poo to throw at the government.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

TheRat posted:

If you, as an opposition party, are so afraid of an election that you literally vote against it happening you might as well just dissolve the party right now. At that point it's just over. There's no coming back from that lack of confidence and public humiliation.

It's just being realistic. Labour agreeing to an election now would be stupid. There's like a 0.5% chance they won't be as totally shambolic in 2020. An election in 2017 has the chances of being the worst result for Labour since the '30s.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Ant&Dec to jointly replace Boris as Foreign Secretary

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Ewan posted:

This has been explicitly ruled out by No. 10

Probably a guarantee it's ill-health then...

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

forkboy84 posted:

It's just being realistic.

You see, this is a bad shout because nothing that's happened over the past year or so has been remotely realistic.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

forkboy84 posted:

It's just being realistic. Labour agreeing to an election now would be stupid. There's like a 0.5% chance they won't be as totally shambolic in 2020. An election in 2017 has the chances of being the worst result for Labour since the '30s.

To be clear: you think that Labour would vote for the government in the event of a no confidence vote designed to trigger an election under the FTPA?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

welp

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Welp.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
She's going for an election.

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD
She's just come on - Election 8th June

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

drat son

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Hey guys, remember when you kept saying that the election is 'four years away' and that Brexit will be finished before the next general election?

You're loving morons.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Lol just what the everloving gently caress.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

To be clear: you think that Labour would vote for the government in the event of a no confidence vote designed to trigger an election under the FTPA?

I think it's better that than the alternative.

REGAIN CONTROL OF OUR MONEY WHAT THE gently caress IS SHE EVEN TALKING ABOUT?

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Just lol

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

This is unironically bad for Jeremy Corbyn

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I just voted for something what do you mean I have to vote again? Democracy sucks

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Leaking; May to Step down. Boris to step up

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Junior G-man posted:

This is unironically bad for Jeremy Corbyn

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

forkboy84 posted:

REGAIN CONTROL OF OUR MONEY WHAT THE gently caress IS SHE EVEN TALKING ABOUT?

We're going to find out if you're right.

You're not right.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

I'm thinking the Tories got told 20-30 by-elections would be held because of the voter fraud stuff and decided to go all in on a GE instead.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

It really isn't. Considering how awful the current government is, Labour voting to keep them in power would be hosed for a generation.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

"The country is coming together but not Westminster", what fantastical world is she living in?

TheRat posted:

It really isn't. Considering how awful the current government is, Labour voting to keep them in power would be hosed for a generation.

So it's better to guarantee them 5 more years? I couldn't give a gently caress about optics.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

https://twitter.com/davidallengreen/status/854275292365455360

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

Snap election on 8 June. Uh oh.

Jimbola
Sep 27, 2005

I say, what a dapper young fellow.
Fun Shoe
We're hosed.

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

https://twitter.com/mjrobbins/status/854274824029560832

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

LMAO she's saying that it's either Brexit under the Conservatives OR CHAOS AND DOOM (possibly involving the LibDems)

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

A little bit of solidarity goes a long way.
Death is certain

Hail Satan

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Hooray, it's early enough that my MP will still be a Tory and not a Kipper. What a fantastic positive to take from this.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

I don't think it's certain he will resign.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
So she's trying for (and is probably likely to get) a large personal mandate.

At this point Labour might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb and go full-bore "gently caress BREXIT" and see if they can pick off a few seats.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Can she "announce" a snap election without winning a parliamentary vote on it first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

I don't think it's an election.

That Northern Ireland idea looks reasonable which would be boring af.

The collapse of the Good Friday Agreement shortly before local elections is boring to you?

• Locked thread