Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Watch Tony Blair come back from the dead to lead the Lib Dems and steal votes from Labour to make the Tory majority even larger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY

Nonsense posted:

Tony Blair will return soon.

This is the darkest timeline.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

GaussianCopula posted:

Given that they seem to be the only party that openly says "nah, we'd rather not commit Seppuku on the world stage" it seems like that is a rather sensible stance.

the japanese word you're looking for is sakoku

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Baron Corbyn posted:

lol if the lib dems actually do comeback and then throw away all the support they gained by propping up the Tories.

Seems like a very Lib dem thing to do

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

AP posted:

If he cared about the Labour party at all, he'd resign later today.

He doesn't care about the actual Labour Party, he only cares about his crazy vision for it.

If he cared about the Labour Party he would have resigned after the brexit referendum so the whole leadership election circus could have been avoided.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Baron Corbyn posted:

he put out his response literally as you posted this

It is a mediocre response though. It should be some Churchilian call to fight May on the beaches (of Gibraltar, on the side of the Spaniards) and stop the Tories from breaking poo poo, not some generic "oh nice a vote i guess the people will get to vote like in every vote" statement.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

Josh Lyman posted:

As an American, I thought Jeremy Corbyn was supposed to be better than Ed Milliband. :confused:

Milliband was a bland centrist whom papers labelled Red Ed and called his dad an evil Marxist traitor. You can imagine what they did when an actual leftist was elected Labour leader.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Tory losses to the lib dems will be made up for by gains from Labour.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jose posted:

the lib dems are going to make big gains most likely

This truly is the darkest reality

Prince John posted:

They're probably still deciding whether they should block the repeal of the FTPA. Don't want to make a decision like that in a hurry.

The Greens and Lib Dems have nothing to lose but everything to gain, so it's easy for them to poo poo out a statement.

Edit: Welp, looks like the game is on.

They probably should have had a plan in place for exactly this situation, there should have been no need to decide today, decision should have been made months ago.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Apr 18, 2017

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

UrbicaMortis posted:

The tories have an incredibly small majority making it very difficult for them to actually pass anything. This means they'll probably improve their majority plus the house of lords has been blocking some of their Brexit stuff but they aren't allowed to block anything promised in a GE manifesto, so the conservatives can sail it all through parliament.

They don't traditionally block that poo poo. They are still legally allowed to block it even after this election.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
You're getting your purge

https://twitter.com/PolhomeEditor/status/854284694174785536

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Crashbee posted:

Milliband was a bland centrist whom papers labelled Red Ed and called his dad an evil Marxist traitor. You can imagine what they did when an actual leftist was elected Labour leader.
So basically blame Rupert Murdoch?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:newdanger:, followed by glorious labour fightback 2022 to take back the rump state of south england and wales

GaussianCopula posted:

Given that they seem to be the only party that openly says "nah, we'd rather not commit Seppuku on the world stage" it seems like that is a rather sensible stance.

unironic good gc post, what is this world coming to

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

GaussianCopula posted:

Seppuku implies some kind of misdirected sense of honor and responsability.

What you describe is more like
Hm
More like short circuiting a substation.
With your hands.
And its fine cuz im wearing gloves see

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

you can tell these people definitely cared about making the country a better place instead of a cushy job by the way they're resigning just before the party will need somebody to step up and give it direction.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I don't like any of the parties I don't think. This is gonna be a tough decision.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

*unconcerned monotone* oh no not the blenkinsop brigade

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Baron Corbyn posted:

you can tell these people definitely cared about making the country a better place instead of a cushy job by the way they're resigning just before the party will need somebody to step up and give it direction.

Wonder which Green party voter will step up and take his place?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

A statement was made less than 30 minutes after May finished her speech. If you think that's shambolic then you're just looking for something to be outraged by.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Baron Corbyn posted:

Maybe Corbyn really won't resign.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Bape Culture posted:

I don't like any of the parties I don't think. This is gonna be a tough decision.

Vote for the least harmful option.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Tesseraction posted:

*unconcerned monotone* oh no not the blenkinsop brigade

Agreed. Having MPs is so old fashioned.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

GaussianCopula posted:

Get out you nazi oval office

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

I hope the England General Election ends in good results of Little England.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Bape Culture posted:

If it weren't for FPTP, the more insane half of Labour and the less insane half of the Tories should all just join the Libdems anyway.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Maybe Stephen Fry should run. He's not doing QI anymore, and I hear TV game show stars are doing well in elections lately.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

hakimashou posted:

He doesn't care about the actual Labour Party, he only cares about his crazy vision for it.

If he cared about the Labour Party he would have resigned after the brexit referendum so the whole leadership election circus could have been avoided.

I fully agree, this is going to be hilarious.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I can't wait for the Lib Dem fightback to continue our suicide pact with neoliberalism that is directly responsible for the world's descent into fascism

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

Wonder which Green party voter will step up and take his place?

I don't think a Green party voter should step up. Isn't he your MP? Why don't you put your name forward?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/FelicityMorse/status/854279842686271489

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Josh Lyman posted:

Maybe Stephen Fry should run. He's not doing QI anymore, and I hear TV game show stars are doing well in elections lately.

Plus he's a major figure for mental illness as well, which helps.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

MikeCrotch posted:

the world's descent into fascism
Maybe May's plan is to make people tired of voting so she can implement de facto autocracy.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Baron Corbyn posted:

I don't think a Green party voter should step up. Isn't he your MP? Why don't you put your name forward?

He is. Im not a Labour Party member.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Baron Corbyn posted:

Sadly you need to be a member of the Labour Party to stand as a Labour candidate to be an MP. You'd think they'd make an exception for a lifelong Labour voter but nope

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

Baron Corbyn posted:

While it will be bad for the campaign finding alternatives with such short notice, at least there's a silver lining if they all start exposing themselves.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

Agreed. Having MPs is so old fashioned.

You do know that if they don't stand then... other people can stand instead... right?

Not to say they'll win.

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

This is incredible. It's like like a a public admission that the Tory party is dysfunctional, wither that or the CPS has been in touch and it's not good news. Politics within parties replacing the normal party system.

Edit: The unfortunate thing is that they can call it from such a strong position, but the Lib Dems are still going to pillage them a bit.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Constituency and ward parties already can't hold meetings due to the local election campaigns, so I'm worried how this is going to be organised at a local level. Emergency meetings straight after the local elections?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Baron Corbyn posted:

Hey, it's unironically the best thing that could happen to Labour in the long-term perspective.

Also I predict that Labour will do well, mostly because Pissflaps thinks that they won't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Thinking back to 2015 one of the major issues in here was whether the greens would get to keep their deposits.

Do you guys think they will get to keep their deposits this time?

• Locked thread