Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

i like coffee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
finally ran out of mcdonalds coffee, went to buy more with a coupon.

mr coffee has brought me my bean juice again

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

Phuzzy posted:

finally ran out of mcdonalds coffee, went to buy more with a coupon.

mr coffee has brought me my bean juice again

now time to go watch some mr radar

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

ban that filth

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i've been searching the web and it appears that coffee (caffeinated and otherwise) may decrease the risk of kidney stones provided that one drinks enough water to coutneract the diuretic effect of the caffeine.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

If the mods and admins of this forum had any respect for coffee, they'd put a bullet into this aids riddled thread.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

duTrieux. posted:

i've been searching the web and it appears that coffee (caffeinated and otherwise) may decrease the risk of kidney stones provided that one drinks enough water to coutneract the diuretic effect of the caffeine.
I read if you're drinking americano the amount of water in the coffee itself is enough to counteract it

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I've been drinking decaf

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Bhodi posted:

I read if you're drinking americano the amount of water in the coffee itself is enough to counteract it

but who wants to be a pussy and drink pussy coffee for pussy americans that can't handle espresso

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
and thus, he unwittingly began the coffee wars

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

I've been drinking decaf

gently caress!

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
yeah I'm trying not to develop a heart condition

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
girlfriend and I have decided to try and get into tea. gonna buy a gaiwan (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaiwan) and we already have a water kettle/thermometer from coffee so it should be easy to get started.

but holy poo poo there are so many teas to choose from. i think we're gonna start with some puerh tea because we both love fermented poo poo, even though it seems to be a pretty 'advanced' tea. we'll get some more basic bitch stuff too though.

very excited. here's smythe drinking some puerh tea:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpSM9cqYMIY

the people i've seen in all the tea videos i've watched so far are intolerable

this video is more tolerable:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3tA3fFCP34

DONT THREAD ON ME fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Apr 16, 2017

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
in coffee news, i made my coffee grind way finer and holy poo poo it like doubled the flavor. probably too much but it's delicious.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i've also been putting a little bit of coconut oil in my coffee (i'm doing keto, thanks for asking) and it's really good

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

nice rack

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
what is with you people and turning the thing you make out of boiled water and some plant matter into the centerpiece of a liturgy

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
having coffee, iced

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Mad Wack posted:

having coffee, iced

NICE!

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Peak Performance.

Buglord
bought a new french press yesterday

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

at the date posted:

what is with you people and turning the thing you make out of boiled water and some plant matter into the centerpiece of a liturgy

actually you want the water to be around 200 F, it it's boiling it will burn the beans

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

at the date posted:

rituals are an integral part of the human experience and we live in an age where ritual performance is no longer synonymous with religious belief

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

beep boop why do people do things that have no immediately quantifiable benefit

error, error

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

duTrieux. posted:

rituals are an integral part of the human experience and we live in an age where ritual performance is no longer synonymous with religious belief

duTrieux. posted:

beep boop why do people do things that have no immediately quantifiable benefit

error, error

man inexplicably driven to replace his dad's drip coffee maker with a set of tedious manual steps to be repeated daily: everybody else is the robot!!!

e: also lol that you're perfectly happy to defend replacing religious ritual with the ritualized touching of really expensive consumer coffee paraphernalia on the basis of "well if you've got to have the Eucharist it might as well come in K-cups"

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Apr 17, 2017

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i use one of these:

there's a springy valve on the bottom such that you just set iton your mug to drain

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

at the date posted:

"well if you've got to have the Eucharist it might as well come in K-cups"

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

spankmeister posted:

but who wants to be a pussy and drink pussy coffee for pussy americans that can't handle espresso

people who actually want to enjoy their coffee instead of slurping up the tiniest dab of liquid and pretending that's good enough

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

at the date posted:

man inexplicably driven to replace his dad's drip coffee maker with a set of tedious manual steps to be repeated daily: everybody else is the robot!!!

e: also lol that you're perfectly happy to defend replacing religious ritual with the ritualized touching of really expensive consumer coffee paraphernalia on the basis of "well if you've got to have the Eucharist it might as well come in K-cups"
have you ever made a post where you haven't been making GBS threads on someone else's enjoyment? you really are a broken person. i guess we can thank the military for that

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Cat Face Joe posted:

people who actually want to enjoy their coffee instead of slurping up the tiniest dab of liquid and pretending that's good enough

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Cat Face Joe posted:

lol if you don't enjoy taking a mid-afternoon break to get a single spro that you idly stir while watching the rest of the world keep moving until you kill it in three sips before rejoining the rat race

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Bhodi posted:

have you ever made a post where you haven't been making GBS threads on someone else's enjoyment? you really are a broken person. i guess we can thank the military for that

that someone mocking your coffee machine caused you to post this crap makes me think it is you who has the problem

e: also, you've got your logic backwards. Certain kinds of people are drawn to join the military in the first place. A smaller subset of those stay in past their enlistment period. The military doesn't change anything except the clothes and the hair.

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Apr 18, 2017

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
lol to all the espresso haters out there. come sip this bag's contents and chill

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Cocoa Crispies posted:

lol if you don't enjoy taking a mid-afternoon break to get a single spro that you idly stir while watching the rest of the world keep moving until you kill it in three sips before rejoining the rat race

Rooney McNibnug posted:

lol to all the espresso haters out there. come sip this bag's contents and chill

both of these are good to me but they no way compare to that necessary cup of actual coffee in the morning

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Cat Face Joe posted:

both of these are good to me but they no way compare to that necessary cup of actual coffee in the morning

yeah that's true

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
library coffee shop was closed yesterday and now I'm terrified its closed all week fml

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

drinking some afternoon coffe rn

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

drinking some afternoon coffe rn

same

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
breaking news the library cafe was open and i got coffee

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

bump_fn posted:

breaking news the library cafe was open and i got coffee

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
Hi, are you all still thinking about those beans? I am.