Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Kirkland-branded crap that I use on a daily basis:
-paper towels
-toilet paper
-wet toilet wipes (are these the same as the baby wipes?)
-coffee
-allergy pills
-multivitamins
-bar soap (the knockoff Dove)
-liquid handsoap
-bath towels
-pepper and spices

Kirkland products I use, but not every day:
-laundry detergent
-peanut butter
-generic Advil
-meat

I also get 100% of my toiletries there, but most of that are branded products, not Kirkland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Relevant Tangent posted:

"This is fake news" he squealed as he waddled past the organic vegetables to his precious cheetos.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Lacey posted:

I have a bad thing about Costco! My cousin's baby had a diaper rash of such tenacity it became common family gossip. And when they finally identified the culprit? Kirkland Signature Baby Wipes.

Yo while it is hilarious that his cousin's baby is getting butthurt by Kirkland Signature Baby Wipes, we must be gentle Costco apostles as we guide those who Costco(pbuh) sometimes trespasses against.

Lacey, tell your cousin to return the opened package to Costco for a FULL FREAKING REFUND! And then buy a 1.50 hot dog and soda.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I've used Kirkland wipes for my kids for years with no issues.

You can always wait and buy the Huggies wipes for the same price when they go on sale every 4 months if you're really that paranoid about Kirkland (you shouldn't be)

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Let the man who is without Dog, cast the first stone.

rezatahs posted:

i've been a member since 2008 and never bought a dog :twisted:

:captainpop: :chanpop: :trumppop:

WIFEY WATCHDOG fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Apr 18, 2017

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Oh yeah among the awesome things Costco has is a badass refund/return policy. I got one of those fancy Keurig machines as a birthday present, and the drat thing has died literally 4 times since I bought it. Every time it does, Costco gives me a replacement with zero hassle. Best part? The model I have comes with easily like $30-40 worth of K-cups (it comes with a box of the Carafe ones that make a full pot's worth too), so every time it breaks I end up with a bunch of free coffee!

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Kirkland coffee

I love the taste of it but the grind is too fine for my $20 Wal Mart drip coffee maker and the grounds get everywhere.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Bonzo posted:

I love the taste of it but the grind is too fine for my $20 Wal Mart drip coffee maker and the grounds get everywhere.

Baby, they come by the bean, you gotta choose ya grind! Right past the registers there is a grinder with 10 grind choices. Cos~bless.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Yeah, I love the whole beans in the yellow bag... Mayorga? something like that.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

My wife said she wouldn't get the Huggies wipes because they have fiberglass in them so we get the Kirkland ones, suits our daughter fine!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Anyone get tires at Costco? Can you special order tires? I have pretty low profile & wide tires. Prices seem right tho.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Chinatown posted:

Anyone get tires at Costco? Can you special order tires? I have pretty low profile & wide tires. Prices seem right tho.

I bought my last set there. Can't say for sure what you can order, but of course the tire monkey at the store can tell you. However, you can't beat the service, warranty, or the product. Got a great set of tires on sale over a year ago and they don't even look worn yet.

Also, some babies CAN be sensitive to products you use every day. It's not unheard of. Not sure why people are hating so hard on the person who posted about the Kirkland's wipes being an issue for their baby. Maybe they suggested the wipes are inherently bad, and that offended people, but come on...Personally my oldest son had terrible rash when using Walmart's wipes, while my youngest has basically never had diaper rash of any kind with any wipe from any store.

anonumos fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Apr 18, 2017

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Chinatown posted:

i got my last set there. i have an oddball size and just ordered from their website. i couldn't find anyone locally that could beat their price

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

anonumos posted:

I bought my last set there. Can't say for sure what you can order, but of course the tire monkey at the store can tell you. However, you can't beat the service, warranty, or the product. Got a great set of tires on sale over a year ago and they don't even look worn yet.

Also, some babies CAN be sensitive to products you use every day. It's not unheard of. Not sure why people are hating so hard on the person who posted about the Kirkland's wipes being an issue for their baby. Maybe they suggested the wipes are inherently bad, and that offended people, but come on...Personally my oldest son had terrible rash when using Walmart's wipes, while my youngest has basically never had diaper rash of any kind with any wipe from any store.

It gave him a rash because you used evil Walmart instead of good Costco. Hth

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Costco has individually wrapped frozen chicken breasts for $19 for a 6(.5?)lb bag.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

FAT CURES MUSCLES posted:

Costco has individually wrapped frozen chicken breasts for $19 for a 6(.5?)lb bag.

These own, throw them directly in the sous vide on the reg. Costco easily wins the dinner wars again

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

rezatahs posted:

That's :twisted: as hell, friend. Having actual palpitations over here at the thought.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

These own, throw them directly in the sous vide on the reg. Costco easily wins the dinner wars again

straight in the packaging? what machine do you use? this interests me.

rezatahs posted:

jfc do you at least smash some 'za or what?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Chinatown posted:

straight in the packaging? what machine do you use? this interests me.

Yeah straight from the store, anova one, the chicken comes airtight and I've had no issues yet besides having to clean some cooked chicken juice off the meaties. It's next level convenience. Costco be praised.

WIFEY WATCHDOG fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Apr 18, 2017

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
My mom signed up for the new BJ's that is opening soon and added me on her membership. I got the card yesterday. I guess in exchange for letting her piggyback on my Costco membership:(Dat executive membership cash)
I am a devout Costco man but the free membership and the promotional 10¢ off a gallon is tempting me to check it out when it opens.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

shoophobo posted:

My mom signed up for the new BJ's that is opening soon and added me on her membership. I got the card yesterday. I guess in exchange for letting her piggyback on my Costco membership:(Dat executive membership cash)
I am a devout Costco man but the free membership and the promotional 10¢ off a gallon is tempting me to check it out when it opens.

We used to go to BJ's before the Costco opened here. I always kind of remember it as a slightly grubbier Costco.

I do remember that they used to have a giant chain-linked area where they'd toss all the shipping boxes and let customers use them to hold the poo poo they bought; one time the door in was open and you better believe 10-year-old me took a sprinting gainer into the giant mountain of boxes.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib

Kelp Me! posted:

We used to go to BJ's before the Costco opened here. I always kind of remember it as a slightly grubbier Costco.

I do remember that they used to have a giant chain-linked area where they'd toss all the shipping boxes and let customers use them to hold the poo poo they bought; one time the door in was open and you better believe 10-year-old me took a sprinting gainer into the giant mountain of boxes.

So a step up from Sam's but still no glorious Costco huh

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

FAT CURES MUSCLES posted:

Their frozen tubes of ground beef are legit. Not overground or too mushed together. The other day, I defrosted a tube, sliced it up into quarters, took the plastic off, and just flattened them down into burgers.

shoophobo posted:

Bro, get the Costco credit card - its 4% off gas anywhere.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

shoophobo posted:

So a step up from Sam's but still no glorious Costco huh

I've never been inside a Sam's Club tbh, the idea of literally a bulk Walmart is too revolting

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Kelp Me! posted:

I've never been inside a Sam's Club tbh, the idea of literally a bulk Walmart is too revolting

It's exactly like you think it is.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Relevant Tangent posted:

"This is fake news" he squealed as he waddled past the organic vegetables to his precious cheetos.
I just shop at winco instead but yeah, maybe you believe in chemtrails too idunno.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

rezatahs posted:

You just hosed up real bad, pal.

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Chinatown posted:

You can check on their website for special orders, they just ship to your warehouse in a couple days. I got 4 dope all weather tires for my TSX (which I guess is not a special size though) installed and everything for significantly less money and hassle than any surrounding tire place. I piggy backed on my gf membership and the tires have nitrogen in them!!! Even got a HOT DOG AND SODA FOR $1.50. I think I get lifetime tire rotations too.

I strongly recommend Costco Tire Service.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Scornful Sexbot posted:

You can check on their website for special orders, they just ship to your warehouse in a couple days. I got 4 dope all weather tires for my TSX (which I guess is not a special size though) installed and everything for significantly less money and hassle than any surrounding tire place. I piggy backed on my gf membership and the tires have nitrogen in them!!! Even got a HOT DOG AND SODA FOR $1.50. I think I get lifetime tire rotations too.

I strongly recommend Costco Tire Service.

If you aren't in a rush to buy tires, try to time your purchase around their frequent sales. Right now it is $70 off a set of Bridgestones, until 4/26/2017.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Chinatown posted:

jfc do you at least smash some 'za or what?

oh sure. their pizza is pretty good :thumbsup:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
You people who shop at Walmart/BJs/Bullshit instead of Costco are inhuman scum.

Costco:

quote:

According to Costco's Proxy statement filed for 2011, Sinegal earned $350,000 in base pay... Sinegal is an avowed Democrat,[11] and spoke at the 2012 Democratic National Convention.[12]

Walmart:

quote:

Alice Walton has been arrested multiple times for driving while intoxicated, and in 1989, she was involved in the speeding death of a 50-year-old woman, Oleta Hardin, a cannery worker, but no charges were filed.[12]

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Publicly execute the entire Walton family.

IMHO.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chinatown posted:

IMHO.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Squashy Nipples posted:

I also get 100% of my toiletries there, but most of that are branded products, not Kirkland.

I got an 8 pack of Oral-B toothbrushes for about $10. I think they are usually $3 a piece or something.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

You people who shop at Walmart/BJs/Bullshit instead of Costco are inhuman scum.

Costco:

Walmart:

Success means never having to step foot in Walmart.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

IMHO.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

rezatahs posted:

I can't even get angry at this. Just sad that someone would cheat themselves in this way

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Chinatown posted:

IMHO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
I don't know how this will spur any kind of conversation, but here's my basic shopping list with every Costco run -

1. q-tips
2 bread

bullets

AMA