Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

I love rest mode for getting going playing where I was quickly, but I also always hard save before suspending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got the Nathan Drake collecton because i bought the uncharted ps4 bundle on a sale.

Uncharted 1 loving sucks, the series gets better or should i trade the games and get persona 5?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Uncle w Benefits posted:

Where are you renting games? All RedBox kiosks in my area all have Dark Souls 3 as new releases, so I can forget about finding Nier or Nioh.

That's weird, my Redbox always has the new games. And I am in a smaller town. I use that for short games I will beat over a day or two. Gamefly for everything with a longer playtime. That's realistically about 5-6 day turn around.

I buy poo poo I know I want to replay a bunch, or is super long, or I want to support.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

DoctorGonzo posted:

I got the Nathan Drake collecton because i bought the uncharted ps4 bundle on a sale.

Uncharted 1 loving sucks, the series gets better or should i trade the games and get persona 5?

I disliked Uncharted 1 but liked the rest including 4 enough to finish them over a 3 month period.

Then again I did not not enjoy Persona 4 and have zero desire to play five so dont take my word for it.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Macarius Wrench posted:

I disliked Uncharted 1 but liked the rest including 4 enough to finish them over a 3 month period.

Then again I did not not enjoy Persona 4 and have zero desire to play five so dont take my word for it.

Thank you.

Also its there a way to play the others personas? i only have the ps4 with my right now, not my gaming pc

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

I liked 1. When it first came out. Then I replayed it...does not hold up.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Uncharted 2 is night-and-day better than 1.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

DoctorGonzo posted:

Thank you.

Also its there a way to play the others personas? i only have the ps4 with my right now, not my gaming pc

The only way to play older Persona games without your gaming pc is to buy a PSTV or a PS3. A PSTV is cheaper and has access to the better versions of 3 and 4

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

King of Solomon posted:

The only way to play older Persona games without your gaming pc is to buy a PSTV or a PS3. A PSTV is cheaper and has access to the better versions of 3 and 4

What system are they on?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

King of Solomon posted:

i also left my ps3, what version of persona 5 should i buy?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bombadilillo posted:

What system are they on?

Persona 3 FES (A somewhat-better version of the original) and Persona 4 are on the PS2.

Persona 3 Portable (which is mechanically better in every way, but suffers in storytelling from being stuck with full visual novel portraits telling the story instead of 3D character models) and Persona 4 Golden are available on Vita/PSTV.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Bombadilillo posted:

What system are they on?

Persona 1 and 2 are PS1 games. Persona 3 and 4 are PS2 games that are available as PS2 classics. Persona 4 Golden (the improved version) is only on PSTV and Vita. Persona 3 portable is a PSP game.

DoctorGonzo posted:

i also left my ps3, what version of persona 5 should i buy?

PS4. You have that on hand, after all.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

I played 4 on Vita.
I really really wish I could play 5 on handheld. Maybe its all the SMT games I've played on handhelds. but drat it just feels like a series I play that way.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

I just finished The Ringed City and I left mostly enjoying it but feeling somewhat dissatisfied, as I had for much of Dark Souls 3. I didn't care for the first boss at all and probably would have skipped it if it was optional, like I ended up doing with the optional boss. The last boss however is really great and probably the most satisfying boss to fight in this game.

As a guy who primarily plays Souls games co-op, this DLC felt a lot better to play between bosses than the first one, but I don't know how I'd feel if I tried to solo through segments like the staircase with 2 gank squads of Harald knights.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there a car game with good story for ps4?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

DoctorGonzo posted:

Is there a car game with good story for ps4?

I'm gonna suggest Roundabout, but I'm pretty sure it's not what you're looking for.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crappy Jack posted:

I'm gonna suggest Roundabout, but I'm pretty sure it's not what you're looking for.

the limousine game? it looks fun but yeah.

Im looking for a game where you start at the bottom and you win the tournament or whatever, get rich and famous and get the girl. that sort of thing

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
Uncharted 1 is worth finishing because the story and characters are fun and it's short. Set it on easy mode to cruise through the shooting galleries and make it to UC2, which you'll enjoy much more unless you have terrible taste.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

DoctorGonzo posted:

Im looking for a game where you start at the bottom and you win the tournament or whatever, get rich and famous and get the girl. that sort of thing
I guess Need For Speed? It's rare for racing games to bother with stories, I just know that one has cutscenes.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FauxLeather posted:

I guess Need For Speed? It's rare for racing games to bother with stories, I just know that one has cutscenes.

wich one?

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

Just called "Need For Speed", came out in 2015

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

effervescible posted:

Uncharted 1 is worth finishing because the story and characters are fun and it's short. Set it on easy mode to cruise through the shooting galleries and make it to UC2, which you'll enjoy much more unless you have terrible taste.

Counter-point: near the end of UC1, I had pretty much come around and thought "okay, this wasn't so bad after all". And the final boss sequence almost made me quit the game because it was so lovely. UC1 sucks. UC2 is really fun. I haven't gotten around to UC3 yet.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

DoctorGonzo posted:

I like the Uncharted games but you should absolutely get Persona 5

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Uncharted had 100% less anime highschool bullshit so stay with it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Renoistic posted:

Uncharted had 100% less anime highschool bullshit so stay with it.

:rolleyes:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

He's not wrong you know

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

his premise is sound but he drew a faulty conclusion from it

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

fridge corn posted:

He's not wrong you know
That's 100% true. I was totally burned out on JRPGs and sick of anime, yet ended up getting a copy of Persona 4 for vita. That game somehow won me over, becoming one of my all-time favorites, despite all of that.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Speaking of Persona 5 and as someone who havent played the series. Its a good game?, for reference Witcher 3 is my favorite game of all time.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

FauxLeather posted:

We could definitely use ps2tops4 versions of Need For Speed Most Wanted and Carbon. I need another injection of Razor Callihan and Agent Cross.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DoctorGonzo posted:

Speaking of Persona 5 and as someone who havent played the series. Its a good game?, for reference Witcher 3 is my favorite game of all time.

YES.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

Yes if you like JRPGs. I can't imagine it'll win you over or anything to the wonders of anime RPGs but it's fantastic.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr E posted:

Yes if you like JRPGs. I can't imagine it'll win you over or anything to the wonders of anime RPGs but it's fantastic.

I havent played any Jrpg

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

DoctorGonzo posted:

If you like JRPGs and don't mind anime school hijinks then you'll most likely enjoy it. It's very different from Witcher 3 though.

Edit: You should probably watch some gameplay videos.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

DoctorGonzo posted:

I havent played any Jrpg

It's probably a pretty good introduction to the genre, but a lot of what those games do is pretty unique to them. Regardless, it's an exceptional game that you should absolutely play if you have any interest at all.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love weird japanese game. Let it die is great and Killer is Dead is one of my favorite games.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

DoctorGonzo posted:

I love weird japanese game. Let it die is great and Killer is Dead is one of my favorite games.

It won't be like any other game you've played before, but it's loving excellent. That being said JRPG is pretty much my favorite genre and I've been playing them since I was single-digit age, so I have no frame of reference for someone unfamiliar.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

DoctorGonzo posted:

the limousine game? it looks fun but yeah.

Outrun 3D is available on 3DS and has multiple endings. :geno:

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle

Pablo Gigante posted:

I like the Uncharted games but you should absolutely get Persona 5

All of the goon weebs on my PS4 friends list are balls deep in some Persona 5.

It's a JRPG/dating sim mix, right? And there's been 4 other JRPG/dating sim games previously?

DoctorGonzo posted:

My last nintendo console was the SNES.

That's all the console you'll ever need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

codenameFANGIO posted:

Outrun 3D is available on 3DS and has multiple endings. :geno:

My last nintendo console was the SNES.