Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Chores handed out two guns, which we know. And he also randomly said he jailed a guy which seems weird, plus its disputed (and seems to be confirmed as a lie if Hal determined his action failed). So what I'm saying is if it does come down to IS or chores, I'd rather vote chores (which I realize nobody is doing right now).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Mr. F! posted:

I'm here. I'm wondering where chores and like EVERYONE else is

Guessing there's some scum hiding and hoping Fisk doesn't pick up another couple of votes.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

I just have trouble reading chores since he posts a lot of reads, but doesn't really provide reasoning or cases for anything. If he was bussing Inf it was hardly some sick masterplay.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

"We have approximately 15 minutes until deadline. With the votes tied + my vote, there is not much sense in me switching."

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

The Ninth Layer posted:

"We have approximately 15 minutes until Dead Limes. With the votes tied + my vote, there is not much sense in me switching."

Fixed for you. :v:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah I'd rather vote chores than IS but the Fisk vote is the way to go today

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

##vote fisk

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

##unvote ##vote Fisk

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

##vote Fisk

That's 5-4 to fisk.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

????

Is that hammer?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Oh no! I think Jonathan Fisk is hammered!

Votecount for Day 4
With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 17th, 2017 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 8 minutes.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Do we have the numbers?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Lol, that was QUICK

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Mr. F! posted:

Do we have the numbers?

Welp I suppose we do

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

:wotwot:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Final Votecount for Day 4

Jonathan Fisk (7): 100YrsofAttitude, Slamburger, IllegallySober, Hal Incandenza, Mr. F!, The Ninth Layer, zzyzx
IllegallySober (2): got some chores tonight, got some chores tonight, Mr. F!, Mayor Glowku, Somberbrero, Hal Incandenza, zzyzx, Hal Incandenza, The Ninth Layer, Mr. F!, The Ninth Layer, zzyzx
The Ninth Layer (1): got some chores tonight, got some chores tonight, got some chores tonight
Mr. F! (0): Mr. F!, Mr. F!
got some chores tonight (0): Mr. F!, Mr. F!, IllegallySober, IllegallySober

Not Voting (2): Dick Bastardly, Jonathan Fisk

With 12 people aboard, it took 7 votes to throw someone overboard.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Final Post Count for Day 4:

pre:
User				Posts
got some chores tonight 	224
Mr. F! 				119
Mayor Glowku 			117
100YrsofAttitude 		114
Dick Bastardly 			111
IllegallySober 			90
Slamburger 			80
Hal Incandenza 			69
Somberbrero 			68
The Ninth Layer 		50
zzyzx 				43
:nono: Mayor Glowku made less than 10 posts today, so he joins Mr. F!, The Ninth Layer, and zzyzx ON NOTICE! :nono:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The crew had clearly waited too long to deal with the mysterious savage - obviously, she was no God-fearing Christian, and should never have been let aboard in the first place! Though she protested as they dragged her to the makeshift gallows, she could do nothing to stop or forestall the end of her too-short life.

As she breathed her last, a stale breeze - the first anyone had felt in days - sent the rigging waving to and fro.

:rip: Jonathan Fisk, aka Uli Morning Song, Shaman of the Bering Inuit, Mary Celeste-Aligned Shaman, was hanged on Day 4! :rip:

Night 4 begins now. You have ~21.5 hours from this post, until 7:00 PM EDT on Tuesday 4/18/2017, to get me any night actions you may have OR tell me you're not using one. The thread will reopen sometime soon after.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Thread will open early, probably by 4 PM EDT or so. Thank you to everyone for timely action submissions!

Please don't post until after Votefinder confirms day start.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

While there was a light breeze this morning, all it did was swirl the dank mist around the Mary Celeste - certainly not enough to budge the becalmed ship. The first one out on the deck was the person assigned to morning watch - yawning and rubbing their eyes, their lazy morning was rudely interrupted with a wet splash instead of a footstep and the sudden realization of why they hadn't been awakened hours ago for their shift.

:rip: Hal Incandenza, aka Seaman Johan Martens, Alcoholic Seer, Mary Celeste-Aligned Inebriated Visionary, had his throat cut on Night 4! :rip:

It was mighty peculiar that the first mate hadn't already realized someone was late for their shift, with how punctual he usually was. But they didn't even need to check his cabin to figure out why - the rancid smell of shriveled flesh told them all they needed to know.

:rip: Slamburger, aka First Mate Hablert of Tau Ceti, Alien Geneticist, Mary Celeste-Aligned Action Scanner, wasted away on Night 4! :rip:

Day 5 begins now. Deadline is 7:00 PM EDT on Wednesday 4/19/2017.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (9): 100YrsofAttitude, Dick Bastardly, got some chores tonight, IllegallySober, Mayor Glowku, Mr. F!, Somberbrero, The Ninth Layer, zzyzx

With 9 people aboard, it takes 5 votes to throw someone overboard.
The current deadline is April 19th, 2017 at 7 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 2 hours.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

##vote IllegallySober

Chores you may have been wrong about Taste, obviously so was I, but you weren't wrong when you said the following:

got some chores tonight posted:

Oh yeah, that's one way of interpreting everything.

##vote IllegallySober

I jailed IS N2 and I doubt he was the kill target so I'll just assume he was the killer.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

100YrsofAttitude posted:

##vote IllegallySober

Chores you may have been wrong about Taste, obviously so was I, but you weren't wrong when you said the following:

I don't get what you're going after here. I have no night action. I can't visit anyone for anything, much less a kill.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

And chores can't have loving jailed me. I've been saying this since the beginning of yesterday.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Maybe I'm reading that wrong but wouldn't jailing prevent a killer from killing?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Dick Bastardly posted:

Maybe I'm reading that wrong but wouldn't jailing prevent a killer from killing?

There was only one death N2 so that's what he's implying.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Podima posted:

:rip: Flying Leatherman, aka The Ship's Cat, Remote Recording Unit 2BRN2B, Sympathetically Self-Aligned 1-Shot Bulletproof Drainer, wasted away on Night 2! :rip:

Day 3 begins now. Deadline is 8:00 PM EDT on Thursday 4/13/2017.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Messed up my quoting.

N2 was death by poison, poisoned on D1.

So the killer couldn't kill. I hate how obvious it is in retrospect.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Messed up my quoting.

N2 was death by poison, poisoned on D1.

So the killer couldn't kill. I hate how obvious it is in retrospect.

If I'm not what I say I am, what's your excuse for why Hal's result on me failed?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Ahh.. I see.

Well, chores gave me a dud. Or the gun won't kill scum and chores is scum because I targeted chores with the vig last night.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
The captain has a sword apparently too. The kind that can cut throats.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Dick Bastardly posted:

Ahh.. I see.

Well, chores gave me a dud. Or the gun won't kill scum and chores is scum because I targeted chores with the vig last night.

That's a tad rude, shooting the hand that feeds you. But that seems like a thing. TNL claims his gun didn't work either, so either you're both lying or that's just the case.

IllegallySober posted:

If I'm not what I say I am, what's your excuse for why Hal's result on me failed?

Hal's role was unreliable, says so itself in his description.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Dick Bastardly posted:

Ahh.. I see.

Did you get a "failed" result? Or he just didn't die?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Dick Bastardly posted:

The captain has a sword apparently too. The kind that can cut throats.

Is that mentioned anywhere specifically?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Let me clarify, after reading my result just now, the vig failed... so that could have a more broad range of possibilities I guess than simply the gun was a dud or doesn't kill scum. It may have not been a problem with the gun, it could've been outside interference.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Nevermind saw where it's mentioned Cap has a sword.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Is that mentioned anywhere specifically?

It's in hal's flip.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Hal's role was unreliable, says so itself in his description.

Here's what his description says:

Hal's Role PM posted:

You are guaranteed to receive accurate results for at least one of the two people you track - however, this is determined prior to determining success/failure of each individual tracking.

So his unreliability has zero to do with it failing.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'm surer about this than I have been about anything all game. My vote will not be moved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Dick Bastardly posted:

Let me clarify, after reading my result just now, the vig failed... so that could have a more broad range of possibilities I guess than simply the gun was a dud or doesn't kill scum. It may have not been a problem with the gun, it could've been outside interference.

Perhaps chores jailed you to protect any potential kill on his teammates?

• Locked thread