Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aphrodite posted:

Naomis rear end keeps a whole tag team employed, Marias rear end better step it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

The Croc posted:

http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/2017-04-18?sf71211622=1

that seems a really depressing screenshot of smackdowns current depth when that's the best six men they could put into a no 1 contenders match for the top title.

Harper or Zayn better win

9 months ago, this match had Bray, Corbin, AJ, Cena, Ziggler and some guy.

A sad state of affairs.
I hope Harper wins it

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
don't hinder jinder

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Okay then. I'm procrastinating rn and I can't be hosed watching Smackdown tonight, so let's look at Randy's potential competitors going forward if he's going to be pushed as a babyface. These are all the male heels on Smackdown rn:

-Aiden English
-The Ascension
-Baron Corbin
-Breezango
-Dolph Ziggler
-Erick Rowan
-James Ellsworth (lmao)
-Jinder Mahal
-Kevin Owens
-The Shining Stars (I guess? are they still a thing?)
-Rusev
-The Usos

We can discount The Ascension and the Shining Stars immediately because they're jobbers, and Ellsworth is just...no. Ziggler will be caught up with Shinsuke for the time being, so he's definitely not winning tonight. Aiden English is going to be on Main Event until he's either repackaged or released. Breezango are underrated as heck and I love them to pieces and I really want them to get a push as a tag team, but strictly as a tag team. I don't see Jinder being pushed at all, unless it's out the door for violating the Wellness Policy. Owens the US Champion, and he's feuding with Styles after he retains against Jericho at Payback. The Usos are tag champs, and I don't see that changing anytime soon unless they're beaten by either The New Day or a face Breezango.

That leaves us with Corbin, Rowan, and Rusev. At this point I predict Rowan will win the #1 Contender's match because of the Wyatt connection and the fact that they probably don't want to do a face/face feud between Orton and Harper. Regardless of who wins tonight, Orton will definitely retain at Backlash. After that, depending on whether Rusev's shoulder has healed, they're either going to give Corbin or Rusev a title shot. If it's Rusev, I am fairly confident that he'll beat Randy. He deserves a top title run tbh, because everything about Rusev is wonderful.

After that, eh. It'll probably still be too early for a Shinsuke Nakamura top title run, and he's probably going to feud with Owens after he retains against Styles. (Let's be honest, they're not going to do Styles/Nakamura II this early on. Besides that, they're both babyfaces right now.) On that note, I could see a Rusev/Styles feud being really fun.

I dunno. Smackdown looks good from here on. I'd watch it right now if I didn't have a dissertation to hand in in a day and a half.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Congrats Jinder and Bollywood

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
we need a thread title update

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You all just think of me as a stereotype. Well me and the only other 2 Indian guys on the roster who do a Bollywood gimmick are here to show you you're wrong.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Venomous posted:

I don't see Jinder being pushed at all, unless it's out the door for violating the Wellness Policy.

Well we found next week's OP.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Smackdown now the D show

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

are you loving kidding me Jinder won? urghh

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Venomous posted:

You could not have possibly timed your post better. The only way it could have been better is if you forgot Jinder existed entirely.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Venomous posted:

better yet

Jinder won because the Bollywood Boys turned heel and joined him as a pro-Indian anti-racism fashion

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

tbh I forgot the Bollywood Boys existed so that's something

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Venomous posted:

tbh I forgot the Bollywood Boys existed so that's something

That's because they are NXT jobbers

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
:cripes: His name... is HARDBODY. :mad:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
smackdown loving sucks and im going to post only on the f1 thread

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I used to watch Jinder when he was the local hometown Indy wrestling hero, so gently caress all y'all, this is the greatest night n the history of our sport. Jinder is good :dance:

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
He legit hurt a wrestler people like, of course he's getting a push.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I'm still waiting for Dave to give me a response to that extremely loaded question if Jinder got a push for doing roids and concussing Finn; hopefully I will get either a serious response or a sarcastic one.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

No Irish Need Imply posted:

That was Braun.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

exploded mummy posted:

better yet

Jinder won because the Bollywood Boys turned heel and joined him as a pro-Indian anti-racism fashion

WWE folks.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Lmao Jinder Mahal.

Well I gotta hand it to smackdown, between that and having the shining stars win matches, they're actually trying something new with the guys they got.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

shiksa posted:

Lmao Jinder Mahal.

Well I gotta hand it to smackdown, between that and having the shining stars win matches, they're actually trying something new with the guys they got.

I like the experimental attitude! Take Miz and Ambrose on Raw, where they're just doing what they were doing on Smackdown, only not as important or meaningful.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Jinder Mahal: future world champion and fan butt sitter in seats-er.

Print the loving Jinder shirts already. Time to outperform Roman's merch sales fam.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

RacistGuidingLight posted:

I like the experimental attitude! Take Miz and Ambrose on Raw, where they're just doing what they were doing on Smackdown, only not as important or meaningful.

Yeah, pretty much. I mean... Jinder and Randy is gonna suck out loud but it's taking chances at least.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

DoctorGonzo posted:

smackdown loving sucks and im going to post only on the f1 thread

thank god

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

shiksa posted:

Lmao Jinder Mahal.

Yeah they care about building people up. Makes everything stronger.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Print the loving Jinder shirts already.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shut the gently caress up

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Jinder Mahal was a Smackdown superstar back in 2011, easily defeating the likes of Yoshi Tatsu, Trent Barreta, Vladimir Koslov, Ted Dibiase, Alex Riley, and Ezekiel Jackson. It only makes sense for him to return to his winning ways on Smackdown.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Building stars is one thing, but I really don't want to build Jinder, because he sucks and is an unsafe worker.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

VJeff posted:

Building stars is one thing, but I really don't want to build Jinder, because he sucks and is an unsafe worker.

So is the Universal Champion to be fair

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Seth Rollins sucks and is an unsafe worker, too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Alain Post posted:

That's true.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

His promos are really bad too.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

RacistGuidingLight posted:

His promos are really bad too.

Lex Luger was the "Total Package". Seth Rollins is whatever the exact opposite of that is.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

Lex Luger was the "Total Package". Seth Rollins is whatever the exact opposite of that is.

He's a Total Package of a different kind, which is to say a scrotum.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Enjoyed Stone Cold praising Roman and burying Seth on his podcast. Always knew Stone Cold was smart, wife-beating aside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I imagine the most upset at the Jinder push is Curt Hawkins.

• Locked thread