Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Podcast is up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I have never seen chicken and waffles irl and always thought it was gross sounding. Do people actually eat that ew

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008
I was thinking the other day about what I originally thought when I heard they were making this show- that it would be the adventures of Saul Goodman, pre-Breaking Bad- but still Saul Goodman. So reverse CSI, where he's just a corrupt lawyer and you have a client-of-the-week that he has to get off in a fun conniving way.

Still pleased as pie with the show as it is, but I can't help but hope that we at least get a few episodes of the above too.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Jonathan Banks did a soft jazz radio DJ voice :allears:

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

drunken officeparty posted:

I have never seen chicken and waffles irl and always thought it was gross sounding. Do people actually eat that ew

Right here in Houston, TX.
https://thebreakfastklub.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/thebreakfastklub_2017menu.pdf

Fried chicken wings @ waffles

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

We should have let the south secede.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
People who know nothing about the Civil War know it was about slavery.
People who know a little about the Civil War know it was about states' rights.
People who know a lot about the Civil War know it was about Chicken and Waffles.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Cojawfee posted:

My mom randomly brings up that she doesn't understand chicken and waffles. I don't know why, no one ever talks about it. But several times over the past few months she just says she doesn't understand chicken and waffles.

Whenever you hang out with your mom make sure there is some jazz playing in the background. Tell your mother you don't want to be a hazzan like your father.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Chicken and waffles are loving great together and if you haven't had that pairing you haven't lived

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

mobby_6kl posted:

Gus set it all up as a test for Mike?! :tinfoil:

Gus absolutely is on to Mike, we'll find out next week what the cell phone call is, but yeah it's a test.

The fact that the SUV made itself clear to be shady and not even attempt to hide itself, they even bothered to show the front of the car stay visible while Mike watched, plus Gus knowing Mike was watching him. Gus is great at this poo poo man, Breaking Bad showed that.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
If you don't like chicken and waffles you are broken inside.

The best is dousing the chicken in hot sauce then pouring syrup over everything so both your chicken and waffle are sweet and spicy.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I ordered chicken and waffles once, and they didn't give me any butter or syrup and the waffles were cold.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Tenzarin posted:

I ordered chicken and waffles once, and they didn't give me any butter or syrup and the waffles were cold.
That's not real chicken and waffles then

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

pnumoman posted:

If you don't like chicken and waffles you are broken inside.

I'm more of a fish sticks and pancakes kinda guy.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Bates posted:

And people say murder can never be justified.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Bates posted:

And here I thought Walter White was the biggest monster we'd seen in this universe

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Barreft posted:

Gus absolutely is on to Mike, we'll find out next week what the cell phone call is, but yeah it's a test.

The fact that the SUV made itself clear to be shady and not even attempt to hide itself, they even bothered to show the front of the car stay visible while Mike watched, plus Gus knowing Mike was watching him. Gus is great at this poo poo man, Breaking Bad showed that.
Clearly, by the end it was, probably from the time Saul showed up. But the whole process from the very beginning seemed unnecessarily convoluted.

MiddleOne posted:

And people say murder can never be justified.
I can just imagine Raylan Givens baiting MiddleOne to say this before blowing him away with his glock.

That said, I've never had chicken and waffles. Where can I get the good stuff?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
It's a big country. I know a place in Wilmington Delaware that makes very good chicken and waffles.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Barreft posted:

I loved Mike's resigned "Yeah" when he picked up the phone, knowing he was beat. He bought into his own hype for a minute and thought he got the cartel to make a careless mistake, but once he was alone in the middle of nowhere, it started to hit him that he had been played. Again, Jimmy and Mike's stories parallel each other with each one overconfident in their control of a situation and rushing into a trap from their nemesis.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I don't think there'll be much more of Saul dealing with Gus. In BB, he brings up Gus to Jesse and Walt like he barely knows him. Unless that's just him being him?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I don't think there'll be much more of Saul dealing with Gus. In BB, he brings up Gus to Jesse and Walt like he barely knows him. Unless that's just him being him?
Or you know client-lawyer confidentiality. Not that Gus would likely hire Jimmy for anything except maybe his employees' old mom.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Toplowtech posted:

Or you know client-lawyer confidentiality. Not that Gus would likely hire Jimmy for anything except maybe his employees' old mom.

I think Mike knows Gus, and Saul knows a guy who knows a guy. He knows who Gus is and what he does, but he doesn't know Gus.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

TBeats posted:

I think Mike knows Gus, and Saul knows a guy who knows a guy. He knows who Gus is and what he does, but he doesn't know Gus.
Assuming he wasn't lying in Breaking Bad over something we don't know about yet, you are more likely right.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

I mean, from a literal path of plot point A to plot point B there's plenty of believable paths they could take.

But from a character development standpoint they're almost painting themselves into a corner where the barrier to transform Jimmy into Saul is becoming insurmountable. Like, watch this scene from his first episode in Breaking Bad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTfyuKy5G0c

Remember at the end of season 1, when Jimmy says to Mike that he knows what was keeping him from taking the Kettleman's money and running, and he wasn't going to let it stop him anymore? That was a point where it felt natural and believable that Jimmy could make the leap into what we see here. With what we've seen of how invested Jimmy is in his relationships with Kim and Chuck, and how much he's about to lose, it's much harder to see him being happy as Saul. We know he is, and I don't doubt the writers' abilities to get us there, but drat, it's starting to shape up to be a herculean effort.

It fits perfectly fine for me, even down to him actually looking older in this clip. We already know from BCS that he isn't too thrilled with being a normal lawyer. He believes in showmanship, wants to show his clients a entertaining character, has fun breaking the law. It seems pretty simple to get rid him there. Just lose Kim and Chuck.

We see Saul's human side lots in BB. Mostly near the end when things get serious. Such as when he's swearing to Jesse that he would never have have helped Walt if he had known what he was going to do to Brock.

A crazier transformation will be getting Francesca to this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6LzaoGBeqE

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

EatinCake posted:

I was thinking the other day about what I originally thought when I heard they were making this show- that it would be the adventures of Saul Goodman, pre-Breaking Bad- but still Saul Goodman. So reverse CSI, where he's just a corrupt lawyer and you have a client-of-the-week that he has to get off in a fun conniving way.

Still pleased as pie with the show as it is, but I can't help but hope that we at least get a few episodes of the above too.

I hope the show never becomes this "reverse-CSI" you speak of. That sounds terrible

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Last Chance posted:

I hope the show never becomes this "reverse-CSI" you speak of. That sounds terrible

Well, CSI is by-the-numbers fantasy procedural tripe, so the reverse of that should be awesome.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Watching the first episode of the new season, and I have no memory whatsoever of what happened last season, lmao.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

The Dennis System posted:

Watching the first episode of the new season, and I have no memory whatsoever of what happened last season, lmao.

This is why it's important to listen for those magic words, "Previously on AMC's" Better Call Saul...""

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

The Dennis System posted:

Same. I thought "No big deal, I'll just catch up to what's happening by the dialogue." Lol to that idea. I didn't know until yesterday what Mike was doing following someone and playing with trackers.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

This show isn't an episodic anthology? Boy I have some rewatching to do

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Just lol if you don't already own the previous seasons and rewatch them periodically throughout the year

New season is great so far

an skeleton
Apr 23, 2012

scowls @ u
GO here, and try the chicken and waffles. If that doesn't win you over, you are truly broken.

http://gladysandron.net/

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I live about equidistant between Dallas and Albuquerque and the Chik-fil-a breakfast market is HUGE.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

some guy on the bus posted:

Same. I thought "No big deal, I'll just catch up to what's happening by the dialogue." Lol to that idea. I didn't know until yesterday what Mike was doing following someone and playing with trackers.

There are season 1 and 2 recaps on YT. Not perfect but there they are.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Los Angeles has Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles which is pretty amazing.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
I'm 100% sure Jimmy ordered a breakfast burrito. To be a restaurant in Albuquerque it's practically required by law that you serve breakfast burritos, especially fast food restaurants.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

You can wrap basically any breakfast food in a tortilla and dump salsa on it and make it 100% better. Ask me about my spicy tomatillo Froot Loops breakfast burrito.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

some guy on the bus posted:

A crazier transformation will be getting Francesca to this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6LzaoGBeqE

That seems pretty plausible, too. She's already pretty unflappable in her introduction this week. Just add on that the Francesca of BB has seen some poo poo.

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

drunken officeparty posted:

Yes and it is god drat amazing, you absolute philistine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Per the podcast, it's been 10 years since they started filming Breaking Bad. Holy poo poo.

• Locked thread