Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme
Kirkland Super Premium Vanilla Ice Cream will change your life.
2 liters of Bulleit Bourbon.
Kale Salad + Asian Salad, throw out all the dressings and crunchies.
Entire delicious pork loins for $2/pound. Make pork chops as thick as you desire for practically pennies.

Has anyone ever done their vacation/cruises? I've never done a vacation through an agency, but poo poo, I'd give Costco's a shot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
cruises are great ways to poop out everything in your body that youve eaten in the past 10 years

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Chinatown posted:

cruises are great ways to disappear people with little to no media coverage.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Also I heard they search your bags for drugs or something when you go on a cruise, what's the point if you're not smoking assloads of weed while trapped on a boat for 10 days

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Kelp Me! posted:

Also I heard they search your bags for drugs or something when you go on a cruise, what's the point if you're not smoking assloads of weed while trapped on a boat for 10 days

one cruise line banned bottled water beause everybody was smuggling booze on board

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Kelp Me! posted:

Ten whole days where I don't have to wear clothes is enough for me.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Glazier posted:

Ten whole days where I don't have to wear clothes is enough for me.

sir this is a Disney cruise please put your banana hammock back on

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Hope those cruises got the dog meat...

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Jalumibnkrayal posted:

Has anyone ever done their vacation/cruises? I've never done a vacation through an agency, but poo poo, I'd give Costco's a shot!

I've gone to Cancun and Punta Cana through them, and I've gotten free upgrades and Costco cash cards from my executive membership, would definitely keep using them.

Also they have partnerships with Hyatt and Best Western so consider that for a discount whenever you need to travel somewhere.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Their baby carrots go well with hummus.

This is basically all I use baby carrots for. Excellent vessel for transferring humus to my gaping maw.

Chinatown posted:

I got a 36 pack of coors light last nite for like 22 bux :smug:

I'm in Wisconsin so the alcohol prices aren't much different. I can get a 12 pack of Milwaukee's Best (still made at Miller), for about 5-6 bucks. That's just at gas station. Pretty sure we have one of the lowest booze prices in the country and we have our mass amounts of DUIs to prove it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
does your costco have bulk cheese curds?

send me some cheese curds plz

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Costco started selling Chili.

Buy one with your 1.50 hot dog and do the needful. You can thank me later.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Haverchuck posted:

one cruise line banned bottled water beause everybody was smuggling booze on board

Yeah you can pop the entire cap off without breaking the seal, empty it, refill it with vodka, recap it, and no one's the wiser.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

does your costco have bulk cheese curds?

send me some cheese curds plz

They do but I've never really looked at them. poo poo, you can get cheese curds in some gas stations here. Proof that the lord god loves us.

When I lived in Seattle, my sister in law sent me a poo poo ton of cheese curds from Wisconsin in a cooler pack shipping box thing. They were great, as usual.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Costco started selling Chili.

Buy one with your 1.50 hot dog and do the needful. You can thank me later.

The first time I saw my Costco selling chilli at the food court is when they were also selling a big rear end plastic container of the stuff at the deli, and they haven't sold it there since then :(.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

But Milwuakee's Best is swill :shrug:

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
just scored 6 cans of chicken chili for $5

Sound Mr. Brown
Feb 21, 2005

The love of learning, the sequestered nooks,
And all the sweet serenity of books.

Kelp Me! posted:

I like that Costco also sells super high-end jewelry and also has a full Verizon kiosk in-store

You can walk out of Costco with a new cell phone/plan, a new dishwasher, contact lenses, a 5lb block of fancy cheddar, and an Omega Seamaster watch. What a country!!!

Omega SPYmaster

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Sound Mr. Brown posted:

Omega SPYmaster

Omicron Spymaster.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I've gone to Cancun and Punta Cana through them, and I've gotten free upgrades and Costco cash cards from my executive membership, would definitely keep using them.

Also they have partnerships with Hyatt and Best Western so consider that for a discount whenever you need to travel somewhere.

I haven't done a cruise, but I did a flight+hotel package, and it included airport transfers which was nice. The package was about $400 less than what I would have paid for cash, and the hotel even gave us a bottle of fake champagne at check in.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I have to go to Costco for an eye exam tomorrow. I'm bringing my dad's membership card and gonna cross my fingers the guy at the register doesn't check the photo too closely. Not worried about getting stopped at the door since I'm going to the optical department first.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
Also if you aren't doing your car rentals through Costco you're doing it wrong. Last time we were in Vegas we had done our car rental through the 'Co, and we were going to rent a minivan because there were 6 of us. Turns out that because we booked through Costco we not only got a hilariously low rate, they upgraded us for free. So instead of having a minivan we got upgraded into a baller rear end Escalade for no charge at all.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Harald posted:

just scored 6 cans of chicken chili for $5

At that price, you can't afford NOT to buy them.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Kelp Me! posted:

I have to go to Costco for an eye exam tomorrow. I'm bringing my dad's membership card and gonna cross my fingers the guy at the register doesn't check the photo too closely. Not worried about getting stopped at the door since I'm going to the optical department first.

The dudes at the Costco where I grew up never cared about that, Id flash my parents' membership card and stroll in without a second thought. good luck friend I bet they'll let you in.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I just hold up my wallet and salute, real recognize real when a dog is on the line.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Pennywise the Frown posted:

They do but I've never really looked at them. poo poo, you can get cheese curds in some gas stations here. Proof that the lord god loves us.

When I lived in Seattle, my sister in law sent me a poo poo ton of cheese curds from Wisconsin in a cooler pack shipping box thing. They were great, as usual.

are they the real poo poo? to they squeak when you chew them? I was in switzerland years ago and we hiked up a mountain to visit a family that lives way up in a high saddle of the alps with no running water or electricity. they make cheese which they trade to the village below in exchange for money and supplies, all of which is transported on a ridiculous pulley system that goes all the way down the side of the mountain. we ate some of their cheese curds and they were the best gd curds of my life

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Ok so I'm trying to justify the cost of just owning up and buying my own drat membership. The thing is, meat and cheeses and produce are great but it's just me and my wife and even supermarket produce has a tendency to go bad because we wait too long. So I'm trying to compile a list of non-perishables that justify the membership cost. So far I've got:

-Frozen veggies & chicken for stir fries
-Paper towels/TP/Kitchen wipes
-Bar and hand soap
-Laundry detergent
-Those microwave veggie bowls
-Olive oil

Any other major items worth stocking up on?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Kelp Me! posted:

Ok so I'm trying to justify the cost of just owning up and buying my own drat membership. The thing is, meat and cheeses and produce are great but it's just me and my wife and even supermarket produce has a tendency to go bad because we wait too long. So I'm trying to compile a list of non-perishables that justify the membership cost. So far I've got:

-Bar and hand soap
-Laundry detergent
-Olive oil

If you use any kind of allergy meds one single bottle pays for your membership a few times over.

Sound Mr. Brown
Feb 21, 2005

The love of learning, the sequestered nooks,
And all the sweet serenity of books.

Kelp Me! posted:

Omicron Spymaster.

dangit, nice catch

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Sound Mr. Brown posted:

dangit, nice catch

yeahh! whatever dumb guy!

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!

Kelp Me! posted:

Dry pasta
Canned veggies (I get mushrooms and tomatoes)
Seasonings (Salt, pepper, taco mix)
Medicine/vitamins
Kirkland protein bars

I keep adding stuff to my Costco list based on this thread and my next visit is going to be painfully awesome.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Gravitee posted:

Dry pasta
Canned veggies (I get mushrooms and tomatoes)
Seasonings (Salt, pepper, taco mix)
Medicine/vitamins
Kirkland protein bars

I keep adding stuff to my Costco list based on this thread and my next visit is going to be painfully awesome.

TBH I just looked up paper towels and TP and it's actually cheaper to buy 3 12-packs of TP at stop&shop than a 36-pack of the same brand at Costco :(

gonna have to do more research tomorrow

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I got my membership for two new tires and two new pairs of glasses. Paid for itself.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Kelp Me! posted:

Omicron Spymaster.

Omegle Guymaster

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Kelp Me! posted:

TBH I just looked up paper towels and TP and it's actually cheaper to buy 3 12-packs of TP at stop&shop than a 36-pack of the same brand at Costco :(

gonna have to do more research tomorrow

Yeah you can find sales that beat Costco sometimes, but I've lived that life, it's too much work. GIMME THE DOGGIES AND EPIC WIN!!!!

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

real recognize real when a dog is on the line.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
Adding to that, I get the Kirkland brand TP and paper towels which are good quality for a "generic" brand.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Little known fact, Kirkland brand not only prides itself on being as good as the national brands, many times it is, in fact those brands!!

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kelp Me! posted:

-Bar and hand soap
-Laundry detergent
-Olive oil

coffee and alcohol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I was in costco today and they had whole lambs hanging in the halal freezer section for something like $3.00/lb.

if only I had a huge freezer to store it