Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Vantage is good and Vantage 3 is only available at 4* in two places I believe.

There are very few characters I'd put vantage on. It's not very good on most characters when you are the one playing. There are so many good skills in the B-slot that vantage usually isn't the best choice.

Lon'qu is also available at 3* so Vantage is a pretty common skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Andrast posted:

There are very few characters I'd put vantage on. It's not very good on most characters when you are the one playing. There are so many good skills in the B-slot that vantage usually isn't the best choice.

Lon'qu is also available at 3* so Vantage is a pretty common skill.

It's mainly for the distant/close counter characters of the world for sure, but vantage 3 is potent stuff for positioning.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Holy crackers! My Eirika+1/Nino+2/Ursula/Sharena team deathless arena run got me a score of 4802 and a rank of #1186. That's the highest I've ever gotten! I'm going to do another run with Anna replacing Ursula, but that is a substantial BST upgrade, so I'm a little afraid about what I might run into.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Is Atk+/Def- Nino poo poo

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

It's good. Not as good as +SPD but good.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Tired Moritz posted:

It's fine. Nino is usually going to blow something up regardless of nature so attack doesn't do much for her, but equally it's rare that she'll take a punch to the face so a loss in def isn't going to hurt her too much either.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
That's good. I'm having a wee bit problem with the lunatic version of the map. The hard was easy since the mages literally went and blew themselves up on my Lilina/Julia but no one in my team could one shot the mages/armors in lunatic.

idk if its worth grinding a Nino for it though.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Tired Moritz posted:

It's exactly the same one I have and she's a destroyer of worlds. Inherit Darting Blow to patch that speed and Desperation, and go hog-wild. -Def really isn't that big of a deal. The only thing that attacks her Defence that you really need to worry about is Kagero, but if you let her within range of your Nino, she's dead regarless of her stats.

PROTIP: If you have someone next to her with Hone Speed (as you always should with ~blade tome users) she can tank a shot from Takumi and kill him on the counter and then be permanently in Desperation territory so you can double everything that's left on the map. Takumi used to be such a threat when this game came out, and now he's basically your ticket to victory.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

PROTIP: If you have someone next to her with Hone Speed (as you always should with ~blade tome users) she can tank a shot from Takumi and kill him on the counter and then be permanently in Desperation territory so you can double everything that's left on the map. Takumi used to be such a threat when this game came out, and now he's basically your ticket to victory.

Reminder, a +ATK Takumi will kill a -DEF Nino in one shot so be careful of that. It happened to me when I started taking pulling Takumis for granted.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

Roger Explosion posted:

Zephiel's art is :krad:

Agreed, that guy's style is great, it's like jarringly better than Standard Anime Girl #25

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Got a Nowi... but she's -ATK/+DEF. Then got a Reinhardt... but he's also -ATK/+DEF.

Urgh. Is that make or break for either of them?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

ApplesandOranges posted:

Got a Nowi... but she's -ATK/+DEF. Then got a Reinhardt... but he's also -ATK/+DEF.

No.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Andrast posted:

Reminder, a +ATK Takumi will kill a -DEF Nino in one shot so be careful of that. It happened to me when I started taking pulling Takumis for granted.
Ah. Yes, I learned this the hard way as well, which was one of the reasons why I put a Rally Defence on Eirika. With that, she'll squeak by on 4HP, which is noice. Really, if you're building a team around Nino and her blade tome, that Def stat should be buffed at all times anyway.

But still, knowing this little tidbit will probably save you an arena run. Nice catch, Andrast.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

sassassin posted:

Goad Cavalry is the skill you hoard Reinhardts for. Vantage is common (and bad).
Goad Cavalry also needs a 20k feather investment.

Plus, I wanted Vantage for Kagero and I don't want to mulch my only Lonqu or Gordin.

Too bad nobody gives life and death at 4*.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Apr 20, 2017

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Yorkshire Tea posted:

It's mainly for the distant/close counter characters of the world for sure, but vantage 3 is potent stuff for positioning.

It's decent, and my vantage Takumi has won me a few maps for sure, but a team filled with Draw Back/Reposition or dancers is simply better for grabbing aggro. Admittedly, having a Reinhardt danced into your face is going to kill that positioning strategy dead, but vantage wont stop that obnoxious garbage either.

Speaking of, having a buff Flier Emblem team with Blademilla and Draw Back/Reposition assists is the most fun I've had in this game.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kyte posted:

Goad Cavalry also needs a 20k feather investment.

Plus, I wanted Vantage for Kagero and I don't want to mulch my only Lonqu or Gordin.

If you are running a horse team the 20k feathers is probably worth it.

Lon'qu is definitely much more mulchable than Reinhardt.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Andrast posted:

If you are running a horse team the 20k feathers is probably worth it.

Lon'qu is definitely much more mulchable than Reinhardt.

I think you missed the part where I had already rolled a 5 star Reinhardt with +Atk -Def nature? Why would I need another copy of Goad Cavalry?
As it stands my current plan is Eliwood Ursula Reinhardt and maybe Clarine since I don't really have a decent fourth cavalry right now and I already gave her Hone Cavalry. Actually, I could use Cecilia but she'd need more skills and feathers.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kyte posted:

I think you missed the part where I had already rolled a 5 star Reinhardt with +Atk -Def nature? Why would I need another copy of Goad Cavalry?
As it stands my current plan is Eliwood Ursula Reinhardt and maybe Clarine since I don't really have a decent fourth cavalry right now and I already gave her Hone Cavalry. Actually, I could use Cecilia but she'd need more skills and feathers.

Goad cavalry stacks with itself

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I've got all three whitewings packing Goad Fliers now and it's good. Subaki's a lucky man.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Pull seems nice!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

What special, assist and B-slot kills should I put on rein?

Special is probably going to be Dracon aura since I have a ton of them.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Okay, burned more orbs than I'd have liked... so I've got a -Atk Reinhardt and a 5* Hana who's got worse IVs than my 4* one. Also pulled a +Atk Marth, but meh.

I guess I can make a Cavalry team now.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
LOL, did a pull on the new banner, open it up, like 3 colorless. So just pull the one red and... 5* Leo.
Then do a full 5-pull, and it's all spare parts, like 2 Barsts.

Now, what do I do with that red mage on Lunatic hero battle... my 4* Reinhardt doesn't seem to do much, though maybe getting him to 40 will help, I should check his speed.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Decided to do a victory pull after finishing both Zephiels, no blues showed up so I figured I would pull the one green for the heck of it.

I hope that's not my luck gone for the next banner, Gacha

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

I think the only IV that kind of breaks Nowi is -SPD. Mine is -ATK as well and she does a perfectly fine job.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

TheKingofSprings posted:

Decided to do a victory pull after finishing both Zephiels, no blues showed up so I figured I would pull the one green for the heck of it.

What an awful thing to waste your luck on.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

TheKingofSprings posted:

I need me some Barte for my Lyn but the chance of this happening has got me terrified of pulling on this banner.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I didn't even know Freddy came in 5*'s! But yeah that's about how I felt when I finished out the last Ninian pull and got Seliph #2. (ugh.) I've already got Nowi and Reinhardt so this banner is kinda worthless to me. Might keep poking the Alm banner just for some new blood.

Which Ninjas aren't terrible? Kagero and Jaffar? I pulled a Saizo yesterday and I have a few Matthews and a Felicia but I have a bad feeling they're useless.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mistaya posted:

I didn't even know Freddy came in 5*'s! But yeah that's about how I felt when I finished out the last Ninian pull and got Seliph #2. (ugh.) I've already got Nowi and Reinhardt so this banner is kinda worthless to me. Might keep poking the Alm banner just for some new blood.

Which Ninjas aren't terrible? Kagero and Jaffar? I pulled a Saizo yesterday and I have a few Matthews and a Felicia but I have a bad feeling they're useless.

Kagero is the only worthwhile ninja, Jaffar is just kinda medium

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

mistaya posted:

Which Ninjas aren't terrible? Kagero and Jaffar?
Yup. Even Jaffar is a little meh.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Kagero is the only worthwhile ninja, Jaffar is just kinda medium
Even then, Kagero really needs decent stats.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'd go a little farther and say that Kagero is the only valuable colorless unit period. Some archers are okay but they are overshadowed by mages.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Wait, would Wary Fighter be really stupid on Hector? For a B skill that seems really loving powerful on him.

I might be able to make my armor team a dream come true with Zephiel, Hector and Effie!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Felicia is incredible and my best unit.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I don't have any mages over 4*, this map is proving troublesome

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
Beat the lunatic map with gratuitous usage of Jeorge charging draconic aura off of the mages, my Abel using reposition and Hector baiting. Should I keep life and death on Zephiel? He seems pretty buff without it, but I like the attack boost and I don't have a death blow source to replace it.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Lunatic Zephiel got his rear end murdered by two mages and a half naked dancer.

One of the mages was also half naked.

Jaffar was there too but he just watched (and threw Tharja a buff she likely didn't need). He actually wore pants though.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

So how is zephiel supposed to work? It looks like he gets hit big then hits back really hard with his special! But don't life and death and wary fighter contradict each other?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

UHD posted:

Lunatic Zephiel got his rear end murdered by two mages and a half naked dancer.

One of the mages was also half naked.

Jaffar was there too but he just watched (and threw Tharja a buff she likely didn't need). He actually wore pants though.

same but a bunnygirl being repeatedly dragged by a horse while a lady sang a lot

E: Life and Death on Zephiel is a trap, don't put it on him

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Zephiel seems like a great unit. Wary Fighter and speed as the dump stat. Amazing art and fills a the red armor role that was empty previously (Draug doesn't count).

Only thing missing is the spear-sword windmill slam attack from FE6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

FoolyCharged posted:

So how is zephiel supposed to work? It looks like he gets hit big then hits back really hard with his special! But don't life and death and wary fighter contradict each other?

I wouldn't learn Reprisal or Life and Death with him. Take Bonfire or Ignis for his special attack and either Fury, Svalinn Shield, Death Blow if you give him a Brave Sword, or maybe a Defiant skill so when wary fighter falls off he can still go nuts?

Servaetes posted:

Wait, would Wary Fighter be really stupid on Hector? For a B skill that seems really loving powerful on him.

I might be able to make my armor team a dream come true with Zephiel, Hector and Effie!

I'm not 100%, but I'm pretty sure Wary Fighter stops Hector's built-in Quick Riposte unless Hector has 5 or more speed than his opponent, which he almost never will. If you want a green Wary Fighter unit I'd use Sheena. She doesn't hit as hard but she has 14 more Res than Hector, so she won't get 1-shot by tome users.

Reik fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Apr 20, 2017