Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
Intentionally bad improv is as unfunny as regular bad improv. Last half of the episode was excruciating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I thought the whole episode was very funny and that's my extremely valuable 2 cents.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Fiendly posted:

Intentionally bad improv is as unfunny as regular bad improv. Last half of the episode was excruciating.

wow somebody not recognizing a Picasso when they see it. welcome to france bitch.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Fiendly posted:

"These guys are too sarcastic, too many layers of irony"- you, talking about Hollywood Handbook

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
If you wanna see all the interesting questions Cody passed up http://buzzkenya.com/interesting-questions-ask-people/

Also where can I get that "HELL YEAH" sound clip because that poo poo made me laugh every single time

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
having a bad sound effects board is so insanely satisfying in the right context...but it can go wrong so fast.

maybe better to leave it to the professionals

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Fiendly posted:

Spoken like someone who isn't in on the "joke"...

ManoliIsFat posted:

You just don't get sarcasm and irony, when they're being boring and not funny they're actually being funny and not boring.

:goonsay:

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
As a diehard snoop-troop and hollywood-head, I liked liked that episode :shrug:

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
sorry the lamestream media is going to hound me for this but i actually LIKE hollywood handbook and these last episodes have been freaking real good!!!

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

dolphin noise

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

ManoliIsFat posted:

"These guys are too sarcastic, too many layers of irony"- you, talking about Hollywood Handbook

That's always been my position.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

IDK what the hell you think the main thrust of HH is if its not a very funny show about the two hosts being unfunny.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
It's obviously the insiders guide to kicking butt and naming names in the red carpet lined back hallways of this industry we call showbiz.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Enough of this. I'm going to listen to By the Way, In Conversation With Jeff Garlin if you can't stop fighting and arguing over each episode and rating the best ones.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

It's Howl/Stitcher rather than purely Earwolf, but Big Grande's Teachers Lounge just dropped season 2.

I don't remember anyone talking about the show or it even being promoted on Earwolf, but I downloaded it for a long trip just on faith of Drew Tarver and Dan Lippert, and I don't think I've laughed as much at anything in a long time. In my book, it gives Andy Daly's Pilot Podcast Project a run for its money.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This i4H 420 episode sounds pretty cool in the house they're recording. I like the subtle reverb.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

was on probation for a month, hollywood handbook is the best podcast every week they release an episode.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Instead of the new 4/20 ep I'm going to listen to the original one where they trojan horse the kings dick and have the show Kid Trap, for like the 100th time.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

The only Hi-C you'll be having is the high seas, after we throw you in the fuckin ocean.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Work Friend Keven posted:

Instead of the new 4/20 ep I'm going to listen to the original one where they trojan horse the kings dick and have the show Kid Trap, for like the 100th time.

Hey...who is the mole

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Work Friend Keven posted:

JethroMcB posted:

Hey...who is the mole
same, best episode

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Chipwich, snicker ice cream, frozen fruit barrr...

Also regarding Big Grande, their recent appearance on SPONT is a good preview of Teacher's Lounge. Just pure wonderful insanity.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
It doesn't matter, you pulled your dick out in front of a child
4/20 episodes are the best episodes

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

...Just zap this fuckin kid

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Didn't care for the i4H this week. Then again....I was kind of nodding off while listening to it. I'll have to re-listen to it.....as i4H has been killing it recently. Didn't get a chance to listen to the Hard Nation this week. I'll have to get around to that. HN started off slow....but it's really found it's stride. Super weird.....but consistently funny. The satirical nature of the far right and far left hosts (who happen to be brothers) creates a very entertaining dynamic.

Hollywood Handbook crushed it again this week. Doesn't hurt having the fantastic PFT as a guest. Just a super funny concept episode. But once again.....it seems like they could be winding down the show. They've been completely moving away from their Hollywood insider format for a while now. Not to mention the jokes about stealing Spont. I remember when the Reality Show Show was winding down. You started seeing the groundwork being laid for HH. I'm really hoping that if they do end HH.....it's because they are booting up a new podcast.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Gabrus' ice cream guy killed me

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'd say this was the second best 420 ep behind Where's the Mole, which y'all got me to listen to for the 1000th time today. I'd be a fan of more high episodes.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Sean and Hayes are going to do a pateron for Reality Show Show the webseries this is what everything has been building up to just wait and see

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
We cut to.....spago

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
This HH episode has rekindled all the warm fuzzy feelings I had for the show.

I'm just sorry I ever doubted :negative:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
It was crazy that Spont did a group interview with five people. Fun one though!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Oi BRUV...

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWWOWOWOWOWOW

THIS SHOW IS SO FUNNY, IT'S REAL WEIRD BUT IT'S GOOD CHECK IT OUT :D

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
what an ep to be released on this, the day of my performance review

cams
Mar 28, 2003

hayes bringing up his "which movies got the best times" bit 5 times so he could get sean to acknowledge it was adorable and hilarious

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Good episode of HH today. Oh....and I caught up with last weeks episode of Hard Nation. Brilliant. Keeps getting better and better. "The United Promise"!!! LOL!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i've listened to one episode of hard nation and it was very good because sean and hayes completelt hijacked it, steamrolling the hosts entirely

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i listened to get up on this and there was a hollywood handbook ad at the end

it was the same ad that was at the end of hollywood handbook

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

if you have whatever brain disease makes you like the canon the canon is back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
This hasn't really broken out beyond the ff circles yet but I think Dana and Josh are easily going to be the Jim and Pam of the millennium generation