Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
recommend that if you want gemstones indiscriminately you spelunk for taluses all over and mark them with skull stamps on your shiekah slate map bosses and enemies will respawn in the same spot every blood moon so a good way to farm gems is murder all the taluses and clean out any stores that have your desired gem and then run around forcing the game memory to start another blood moon asap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

thatguy posted:

I just threw stuff in my inventory on the table in my house and took a picture of it.

I think I've taken like 4 pictures total

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

weird Asian candy posted:

I think I've taken like 4 pictures total

On my first playthrough I equipped stuff and took pictures of it with the plan of filling out my compedium, then I found out how incredibly irritating it is when you say "I need to find another bow" and pull open your compendium to track it and every page is 30 pictures of you from various angles.

On my second playthrough I'm only taking pictures of stuff I know I'll want to find later. it's not like I can't just buy the pictures later if I really care about completion rates

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
I don't want to admit how many Hinox's I've killed trying to find a "Hinox Hoof" because I thought "Starts with H ends with oof" meant Hinox Hoof and didn't realize that is not a thing that exists and he just meant "Hoof".

:negative:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You didn't notice their lack of hooves?

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Eventually. lol

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.
That's pretty funny.

By the way, how much of a damage boost does the brilliant armor set give? I tried it out with some (not even the strongest) bone weapons and Link was wrecking poo poo at the Colosseum.

MustelaFuro fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Apr 20, 2017

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

MustelaFuro posted:

That's pretty funny.

By the way, how much of a damage boost does the brilliant armor set give? I tried it out with some (not even the strongest) bone weapons and Link was wrecking poo poo at the Colosseum.

Doubles it, I think? The strongest bone weapon is a 2 handed dragon bone moblin club, I think, which is 45 power, so *2 = 90 power (!!!)

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.
Oh nice. So my little 24 power bone clubs were basically a royal guard broadsword.

Edit: I just thought about it, but Silent Princesses are super rare and were thought to be extinct, and what does Link do? Run around snatching up every living silent princess he can find. That's a horrible lesson.

MustelaFuro fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Apr 20, 2017

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
I believe bone weapons actually get an 80% increase.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I was just fighting a Black Lizalfos, and what does the nutter do? Throw his weapon on the ground for some reason. I didn't knock it out of his grip or anything. He literally just threw it to the ground and decided to start spitting at me instead. OK dude. But I didn't really want another Royal Broadsword. Thanks for the thought, though.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I've been playing this game for about two solid days now, and I'm in love. The first moment I knew this game was something special was just after the first stable. The dude gave me the spiel about taming and registering horses and all that, and I walked away up the road thing "Nah, I don't gently caress with horses" because I hate messing around with mounts in games like this. And then three horses came into view, running over a hill and then turning to graze in the shade of a tree. I watched them for a second and thought "maybe I gently caress with horses" and tried sneaking up on one of them. I managed to nab him and tame him and now his name is Barry and he doesn't have many stars but he's my horse.

Later on Barry and I were in a sticky situation on the way to Hateno and suddenly Barry kicked a bokoblin off a cliff to its death. This game rules.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

So I finally found this lady who is in love with a Sheikah Orb or whatever. Is she the one that stole it from Kakariko Village

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

a.lo posted:

So I finally found this lady who is in love with a Sheikah Orb or whatever. Is she the one that stole it from Kakariko Village

No, that's a totally different orb.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Serf posted:

I've been playing this game for about two solid days now, and I'm in love. The first moment I knew this game was something special was just after the first stable. The dude gave me the spiel about taming and registering horses and all that, and I walked away up the road thing "Nah, I don't gently caress with horses" because I hate messing around with mounts in games like this. And then three horses came into view, running over a hill and then turning to graze in the shade of a tree. I watched them for a second and thought "maybe I gently caress with horses" and tried sneaking up on one of them. I managed to nab him and tame him and now his name is Barry and he doesn't have many stars but he's my horse.

Later on Barry and I were in a sticky situation on the way to Hateno and suddenly Barry kicked a bokoblin off a cliff to its death. This game rules.

Yeah man. It's a good game.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Reinanigans posted:

Doubles it, I think? The strongest bone weapon is a 2 handed dragon bone moblin club, I think, which is 45 power, so *2 = 90 power (!!!)

Does the bone damage boost apply separately from the attack up boost from food/berserker?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Luminaflare posted:

Does the bone damage boost apply separately from the attack up boost from food/berserker?

Correct. This is the same for the Ancient weapon proficiency set bonus.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

MustelaFuro posted:

Edit: I just thought about it, but Silent Princesses are super rare and were thought to be extinct, and what does Link do? Run around snatching up every living silent princess he can find. That's a horrible lesson.

He's pollinating the countryside by spreading their pollens around. He's a like a bee.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I just killed my first White Lynel and took a picture of it that I think looked pretty good.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
poo poo, i think im nearing the end. :| my time is currently 185 hours, i have 4 shrines left and i know which ones they are too that loving one with the gerudo is laying on the control, havent found out how to make the drink yet and i havent found out how to get the ball from impa either and im not sure where the other two are 350+ seeds, finished the last beast last night, nabooris i got all the monster outfits including dark link i dont want it to end.

how many quests are there? i remember hearing pre-release about 75? i think i have about 7 i need to find with 5 left i still need to finish

im only heading into hyrule castle when i got all shrines and quests finished. i dunno if i will bother with maxing out outfits i have all fairies unlocked or getting all the korok seeds, then again what else am i gonna do till the dlc hits.

speaking of, i apparently maxed out my bow menu but there is still one slot left? am i missing an arrow somehow in all this time? or is this reserved for some kind of light arrows during the last boss, as per tradition? don't tell me, i'm probably right.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Vikar Jerome posted:

poo poo, i think im nearing the end. :| my time is currently 185 hours, i have 4 shrines left and i know which ones they are too that loving one with the gerudo is laying on the control, havent found out how to make the drink yet and i havent found out how to get the ball from impa either and im not sure where the other two are 350+ seeds, finished the last beast last night, nabooris i got all the monster outfits including dark link i dont want it to end.

how many quests are there? i remember hearing pre-release about 75? i think i have about 7 i need to find with 5 left i still need to finish

im only heading into hyrule castle when i got all shrines and quests finished. i dunno if i will bother with maxing out outfits i have all fairies unlocked or getting all the korok seeds, then again what else am i gonna do till the dlc hits.

speaking of, i apparently maxed out my bow menu but there is still one slot left? am i missing an arrow somehow in all this time? or is this reserved for some kind of light arrows during the last boss, as per tradition? don't tell me, i'm probably right.

If you haven't touched the castle at all, there's a shrine in there. If you have 39/42 shrine quests I bet I know what the other one is too.

not sure re: the bow, the amiibo twilight bow uses "light arrows" but they don't take up an ammo slot in the inventory so :iiam:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

So I dun goofed up and scanned in my Link amiibo before finding a stable :doh:

Not sure where I did it, but afterwards I died a little later and lost Epona somewhere in the wild, and every time I rescan the amiibo it just gives me a treasure chest.

Is Epona a one-time only scan? That would have been a very good thing to have known beforehand Nintendo, do I gotta start fresh just to get my drat horse back? :staredog:

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Parrotine posted:

Not sure where I did it, but afterwards I died a little later and lost Epona somewhere in the wild, and every time I rescan the amiibo it just gives me a treasure chest.

Is Epona a one-time only scan? That would have been a very good thing to have known beforehand Nintendo, do I gotta start fresh just to get my drat horse back? :staredog:

You may get it back eventually, I did the same and ended up borrowing my flatmate's Link amiibo to get the horse, then a week ago while scanning my own one for the Twilight tunic, the horse spawned again.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

It might be the difference between a horse despawning and dying. Since you can resurrect dead horses that means the game remembers the horse existing.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Vikar Jerome posted:

poo poo, i think im nearing the end. :| my time is currently 185 hours, i have 4 shrines left and i know which ones they are too [spoiler]that loving one with the gerudo is laying on the control, havent found out how to make the drink yet and i havent found out how to get the ball from impa either.

Go to the bar in the gerudo town.

Finish all the kakariko quests, you are probably stuck on the lightning bug quest, that one is in someone's house at night.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Oddly enough the first armor set I got to max power ended up being the ancient armor set. Grinding for some of these other items (stealthfin trout :argh: ) and random butterflies are a real pain.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
Does anybody know what the game uses to up the enemies/weapons? Since we don't exactly level up I'm curious what the indicators are. My guess would be either the number of shrines or quests completed. I like that it's gradual and I didn't really notice this until I started seeing silver bokoblins around and then they started appearing in places they weren't before. I'm noticing I'm finding more weapons with boost features too.

Alternatively there isn't actually any changes and I'm imagining things.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Use the stealth set for insect catching and the Zora set for fish-catching. Alternately, stand on a Cryonis platform and toss bombs into the water.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

seiferguy posted:

Oddly enough the first armor set I got to max power ended up being the ancient armor set. Grinding for some of these other items (stealthfin trout :argh: ) and random butterflies are a real pain.

I don't think that's odd at all. I'd assume for most people the Ancient suit is the easiest to max out, maybe Soldier or something btu I never bought that. By the time I found the 4th fairy, I did the same because I was always searching the dead Guardians and between the ___ Strength Trials and other stuff, my inventory was completely overflowing in Ancient Gears/Springs/Screws/Cores/Giant Cores (i only had to farm about 5 more reg cores) and I still had plenty left over to buy more Ancient Arrows than I could even use.

Whereas Sheikah was still at lvl 3 and so were most of the environmental ones b/c I didn't have Smotherwing flies or enough red tails, whatever. Definitely gently caress Stealthfin Trouts, at most I could only find 1-3 every 10 minutes running around the Lost Woods river and it was painful as hell to get around there. In general, farming for a random obscure fish is really annoying. I didn't get the Zoras up because I never really found enough Hearty Bass either.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

lifts cats over head posted:

Does anybody know what the game uses to up the enemies/weapons? Since we don't exactly level up I'm curious what the indicators are. My guess would be either the number of shrines or quests completed. I like that it's gradual and I didn't really notice this until I started seeing silver bokoblins around and then they started appearing in places they weren't before. I'm noticing I'm finding more weapons with boost features too.

Pretty sure it's divine beasts or maybe spirit orb upgrades.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Parrotine posted:

I've heard its a one time scan, but also heard there is a very small percentage that you can get Epona again. In all my experience of almost daily scans since day one, I have not gotten a second Epona with the same Amiibo. That said, scanning a whole new Link Amiibo will give you Epona again for sure.

There is also a way to get your Epona back that involves finding the horse god fairy

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

If you haven't touched the castle at all, there's a shrine in there. If you have 39/42 shrine quests I bet I know what the other one is too.

not sure re: the bow, the amiibo twilight bow uses "light arrows" but they don't take up an ammo slot in the inventory so :iiam:

hmm i do have 39/42 quests, judging by the map and my own markers there are few blank areas i'm gonna check out. i got the castle one, went in there early for that cooking and armour quest but didn't stick around long

FooF
Mar 26, 2010

No, it's real. I think it's highly tied to how many divine beasts you've completed. After 4 of them, silver enemies are in about every pack of enemies and all the lynel's are silver. I've fought precisely one red and blue lynel: everything else has been silver because I beat the DBs and still had 60+ shrines to go.

Since Silver enemies drop precious gems at a high % (perhaps guaranteed), I started rolling in these things and had no problem with higher level armor upgrades that required them.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

I think it's both shrines and Divine Beasts. My second playthrough, I did a huge chunk of Shrines before even setting foot in a Divine Beast, and I noticed the game slowly upping the number of black and silver enemies, as well as the quality of weapons on Hinox necklaces. At first, it was soldier gear. Then knight. Then royal. But Silver Lynels did not spawn until I completed all Divine Beasts, so they definitely count towards something.

night slime
May 14, 2014

Spergatory posted:

I think it's both shrines and Divine Beasts. My second playthrough, I did a huge chunk of Shrines before even setting foot in a Divine Beast, and I noticed the game slowly upping the number of black and silver enemies, as well as the quality of weapons on Hinox necklaces. At first, it was soldier gear. Then knight. Then royal. But Silver Lynels did not spawn until I completed all Divine Beasts, so they definitely count towards something.

I have one beast done and I see the silver ones.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Xaris posted:

I don't think that's odd at all. I'd assume for most people the Ancient suit is the easiest to max out, maybe Soldier or something btu I never bought that. By the time I found the 4th fairy, I did the same because I was always searching the dead Guardians and between the ___ Strength Trials and other stuff, my inventory was completely overflowing in Ancient Gears/Springs/Screws/Cores/Giant Cores (i only had to farm about 5 more reg cores) and I still had plenty left over to buy more Ancient Arrows than I could even use.

Whereas Sheikah was still at lvl 3 and so were most of the environmental ones b/c I didn't have Smotherwing flies or enough red tails, whatever. Definitely gently caress Stealthfin Trouts, at most I could only find 1-3 every 10 minutes running around the Lost Woods river and it was painful as hell to get around there. In general, farming for a random obscure fish is really annoying. I didn't get the Zoras up because I never really found enough Hearty Bass either.

I found a pond just a little southeast of Hateno Tower in the firly plateau that spawns about 6 hearty bass at a time. Stealthfin trout only show up in Lake Saria and a small part of Lake Mekar on the west side as far as I can tell. And you need 30 of them, which is ridiculous.

I still can't find smotherwing butterflies for the life of me to get my flame gear leveled up.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

seiferguy posted:

I still can't find smotherwing butterflies for the life of me to get my flame gear leveled up.

They're bastards to spot; get a photo ASAP. They hang around Death Mt, and Beedle sells them at one of the stables - can't remember which one, sorry.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

night slime posted:

I have one beast done and I see the silver ones.

It's possible they're tied to some arbitrary completion value. It's also possible that I didn't notice the exact point at which they spawned because I basically did all four beasts in a row with almost nothing in between them.

Are you sure it's the Silver ones you're seeing and not the White ones? They look almost identical because they both have striped purple and white bodies. The only difference is that the Silver ones have black manes, whereas the White ones have white manes.

EDIT: If I had to guess, I'd say that there is some kind of unseen score that the game keeps to determine enemy strength that both Beasts and Shrines contribute to. Shrines contribute a little, Beasts contribute a lot, but both add to the score.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

seiferguy posted:

I found a pond just a little southeast of Hateno Tower in the firly plateau that spawns about 6 hearty bass at a time. Stealthfin trout only show up in Lake Saria and a small part of Lake Mekar on the west side as far as I can tell. And you need 30 of them, which is ridiculous.

You can buy smother wings from beedle in the east akkala stable. 3 at a time, but it was easier than trying to hunt them down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The smotherwings hang out around that path near the hot springs in the Goron village. Follow the path to that old man in the hot springs, go past and wander around there. You should see a butterfly eventually but it's tricky.