Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Man, it would suck to finally find one of your missing loved ones and only a skull remains. :(

quote:

Investigators discovered remains from two humans in the same rural area of western Missouri and police asked the families of two missing women to meet with investigators, although the remains have not been positively identified.

quote:

A mushroom hunter found remains Monday in an area south of Belton and a second skull was found nearby Tuesday, according to Cass County Sheriff's spokesman Kevin Tieman. He said investigators have not determined the age, sex or race of either of the remains.

The mother of Kara Kopetsky, Rhonda Beckford, told The Associated Press Tuesday that her family and the family of Jessica Runions were notified about the remains and asked to meet with investigators at the Belton police department. But she said investigators told the families the remains would not be positively identified Tuesday.

Runions, 21, of Raymore, was last seen Sept. 8 leaving a gathering with friends in south Kansas City. Her burned vehicle was found two days later. Kopetsky was last seen at Belton High School in May 2007 when she was 17.

"They had us come to the police station and had a room there for us to sit with an advocate and liaison in case the identification came in," Beckford said. "But while we were sitting there they told us the identification wouldn't come in (Tuesday)."

quote:

Runions left the gathering in September with Kylr Yust, 27, who was later charged with burning Runions' vehicle. A judge entered a not guilty plea on his behalf.

Yust also has been questioned in Kopetsky's disappearance. Court records indicated Kopetsky filed for a protection order against Yust in April 2007. A hearing was scheduled for May 10, 2007 but Kopetsky went missing six days before the hearing.

Yust has not been charged in the disappearance of either Runions or Kopetsky.

Beckford said she was hoping for answers to her daughters' fate.

"I'm hoping for a resolution after 10 long years of waiting," Beckford said. "But quite a few times we heard about a skull or remains being found in the area and got our hopes up and it turned out not to be Kara."

Runions' family has searched rural areas nearly every weekend since she went missing. In January, they found the remains of two men on consecutive weekends.

Emphasis mine.

Full story here: https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/missouri/articles/2017-04-04/mushroom-hunter-finds-human-remains-in-rural-missouri

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
but did he find any mushrooms

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
talk about a bad trip

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Sounds like they will never be head of a major corporation I miss dad gay

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Classic skullmushroom

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

mushroom hunting sounds kind of unfair. they can't fight back or run or anything

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Did the mushroom man read the proper lines from hamlet after finding said skull??

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Turn around. Turn around.
There's a thing here that can be found!
It's a human skull on the ground.
Human skull, on the ground, turn around~

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

quote:

"I'm hoping for a resolution after 10 long years of waiting," Beckford said. "But quite a few times we heard about a skull or remains being found in the area and got our hopes up and it turned out not to be Kara."

god that must be disappointing

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

quote:

A mushroom hunter

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so in rural missouri you can get away with murder if you skip out on court?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Second human skull found in Missouri??? What the heck???

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
Authorities have stated the skull was covered in a strange mund-like substance. The same material was found on the mutilated bodies of 3 teenage cornboys discovered months ago in the same area.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

:monocle: there was more than one actual human living in Missouri?

Well, not any more since the Hills Have Eyes got them, but still. Wow.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
missouri owns

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Mercrom posted:

god that must be disappointing

disappointing and disturbing. "remains and skulls are found all over the dang place but none are the ones in looking for."

people dying in the woods seems super common.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Another reason not to ever go to Raymore

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

JiveHonky posted:

Authorities have stated the skull was covered in a strange mund-like substance. The same material was found on the mutilated bodies of 3 teenage cornboys discovered months ago in the same area.

this changes everything

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

'I wonder if they mean Belton'

'lol'

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
what is mund

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

bag em and tag em posted:

disappointing and disturbing. "remains and skulls are found all over the dang place but none are the ones in looking for."

people dying in the woods seems super common.

Skulls, skulls everywhere and not a parietal to test to see if it belongs to my long missing daughter.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
You want a skull? I can get you a skull, believe me. There are ways, dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. Hell, I can get you a skull by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with identification!

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
Kylr Yust used to abuse his girlfriends and also torture animals :thumbsup:

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Kylr Yust

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever

Hemingway To Go! posted:

There's a thing here that can be found!
It's a human skull on the ground.
Human skull, on the ground, turn around~

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

Banano posted:

what is mund

baby don't hurt me

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever
Christ, they're finding bodies and skulls all over the goddamned place down there. And there's at least two more that they haven't found yet.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Western Missouri, home of the 'Tax

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

a hole-y ghost posted:

Western Missouri, home of the 'Tax

Correlation or causation?

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos
And here I was hoping for some Mormon thing, like a real archealogical find that we get to disprove and fight the LDS on, like a set of 15k year old remains, not some boring forensic thing. It is absolutely no surprise that there are recent human skulls around.

And where even IS Missouri? I'm not American I can't remember all your states! Is that one of the states on the "Trail of Tears"? I had to learn about that travesty through an Iron Maiden song. So, grats on hiding that information, you hid it almost as well as the Turks hid the Armenian genocide.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Jimmy Hats posted:

Classic skullmushroom

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

IronClaymore posted:

And where even IS Missouri? I'm not American I can't remember all your states! Is that one of the states on the "Trail of Tears"? I had to learn about that travesty through an Iron Maiden song. So, grats on hiding that information, you hid it almost as well as the Turks hid the Armenian genocide.

it's where lowtax lives

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

as you can see they found two different skulls in rural western missouri, but both are on fire at this time.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

they were found inside a tattoo from 1997

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Mund covered skull? The heck is mund?

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
Does any know how they found out that he burned her car?

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Missouri: the land of skulls and mund

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there are three threads about skulls on the first page of gbs right now. maybe, we were in the skullmund all along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Banano posted:

what is mund

• Locked thread