Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Zaphula Smoot Reznor
Canterbury Raven Reznor
Galaxy Bark Reznor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

david_a posted:

Two of the others are Balthazar Venn and Nova Lux, Wikipedia doesn't know the fourth. Judging by the others - Astral Volt? Helios Candela?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17PM-UMVud8

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

When I have kids their names will be Rhesus Negative, Stor Eiglass and Omlagus Garfungiloops.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Bolt VanderHuge

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005
I couldn't tell which kids names were serious... look at wikipedia and what in the actual gently caress?? His kids are are definitely going to hate him holy poo poo.

Immolat1on fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Mar 19, 2017

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

david_a posted:

Two of the others are Balthazar Venn and Nova Lux, Wikipedia doesn't know the fourth. Judging by the others - Astral Volt? Helios Candela?

Is he raising them to be intergalactic bounty hunters or something?

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

david_a posted:

DEUS VULT! :v:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo8CrY_ZfFk

Appropriate, I find.

Though I have to defend my name (not Rupert); it's even from the bible, so it's not like it just appeared out of nowhere in the 80s.

Though, gently caress Tucker; Tucker sucks.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo8CrY_ZfFk

Appropriate, I find.

Though I have to defend my name (not Rupert); it's even from the bible, so it's not like it just appeared out of nowhere in the 80s.

Though, gently caress Tucker; Tucker sucks.

Hey, you'll always have Tucker Max, legendary author and alcoholic

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
It's spring. Where's the vinyl?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

all-Rush mixtape posted:

It's spring. Where's the vinyl?

Probably coming the same time as the Tension tour Blu-Ray :mmmhmm:

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Source

I am very OK with this lineup, I just hope they take it beyond LA...

Nam Taf fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Mar 21, 2017

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Who plays bass in that lineup, Atticus?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Kelp Me! posted:

Who plays bass in that lineup, Atticus?

They toured Australia with that line up minus Ross and it was dope as hell.

I beleive Alessandro played bass, if anyone did at all.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

algebra testes posted:

They toured Australia with that line up minus Ross and it was dope as hell.

I beleive Alessandro played bass, if anyone did at all.

Not who I would have guessed considering he's always in the back with his spoopy synth setup

although I guess it doesn't really matter, when they had JMJ on bass half the time he was playing guitar anyway

I still question whether or not they really needed Trent, Robin and Justin all playing the same guitar riff for Wish and a couple other songs :v:

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Kelp Me! posted:

Not who I would have guessed considering he's always in the back with his spoopy synth setup

although I guess it doesn't really matter, when they had JMJ on bass half the time he was playing guitar anyway

I still question whether or not they really needed Trent, Robin and Justin all playing the same guitar riff for Wish and a couple other songs :v:

They're old buddies, may as well cut 'em a check to hang out for a few weeks.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

The best thing is I can't watch the Another Version of the Truth videos without always remembering the other notable appearance of JMJ:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hell yeah. Can't wait to hear how they sound with that lineup. Also that'll probably have the first ever live appearances of at least some of the Not The Actual Events songs, huh? I hope it's webcast.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

poo poo man, I wanna go to FYFest.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
drat, strobelight is down

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dr Tran posted:

drat, strobelight is down
Yeah, when they redesigned the site it killed the URL :(

RIP Pussygrinder ft. Sheryl Crow

At least we'll always have the best cover art NIN has ever done:

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Can't believe it's been 10 years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0uzZQTNeC8

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Earwicker posted:

purely in the context of industrial music, Coil had the best lyrics

what about whitehouse

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

There's some whitehouse lyric that sounds like 'Ruthless babysitting is my favorite google search'

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Riot Fest
https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/04/riot-fest-drops-the-hammer-with-2017-lineup/

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I thought I was done seeing them after Lollapalooza in 2013, but I'll be seeing NIN at least one last time at Riot Fest. Can't wait to not hear The Perfect Drug.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Maybe they're doing a whole-album performance of Year Zero for the 10th anniversary and well, current events.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

TOOT BOOT posted:

Maybe they're doing a whole-album performance of Year Zero for the 10th anniversary and well, current events.
If they did this, completely scrapped the plans for the Tension tour Blu-Ray, filmed this and put this out on Blu-Ray instead, I'd be totally fine with that.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

If they did this, completely scrapped the plans for the Tension tour Blu-Ray, filmed this and put this out on Blu-Ray instead, I'd be totally fine with that.

Agreed. Year Zero is even more appropriate right now.

I'd probably take a bathroom break during Meet Your Master though.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

I would settle for any news on when the records I was charged for months ago are going to ship.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Nine Inch Nails: FRAGILE WHEN

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
oh gently caress yeah I'm gonna see the Riot Fest show

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

For anyone nearby, Riot Fest tickets are $180 for all three days at the moment, and I think it's an awesome deal for the lineup, personally. If you're tight on money, I believe they have an option to pay tickets off in a couple chunks, as well.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Today is Trent's 52nd birthday :eyepop:

It always blows my mind that this dude who I idolize for being so forward-thinking across so many different platforms is in his 50s. Then again, Pretty Hate Machine is almost 30 years old (holy poo poo).

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Just saw Trent and Atticus in PBS Previews: The Vietnam War. It's not a long appearance but the whole special is worth a watch.

http://www.pbs.org/video/3001104790/

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I can't believe someone is making a Vietnam War documentary with a soundtrack that consists of anything other than "Fortunate Son" and "For What It's Worth" on repeat

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Earwicker posted:

I can't believe someone is making a Vietnam War documentary with a soundtrack that consists of anything other than "Fortunate Son" and "For What It's Worth" on repeat

One of the producers made a really funny comment where she said she went to see The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and spent most of the time just listening to the amazing music (implied) because the movie was terrible. She sat through the credits to get the name of the composer so she could contact them for the documentary and found out it was Trent & Atticus.

But they made it clear there's plenty of licensed music too. I think they said they have something like 300 songs from the time period lined up.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jun 1, 2017

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Still waiting on the vinyl, Trent!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Call Me Charlie posted:

One of the producers made a really funny comment where she said she went to see The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and spent most of the time just listening to the amazing music (implied) because the movie was terrible. She sat through the credits to get the name of the composer so she could contact them for the documentary and found out it was Trent & Atticus.

But they made it clear there's plenty of licensed music too. I think they said they have something like 300 songs from the time period lined up.
Is there gonna be a separate soundtrack release for this doc or is watching it the only way to hear their contributions?