Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Runcible Cat posted:

They're bastards to spot; get a photo ASAP. They hang around Death Mt, and Beedle sells them at one of the stables - can't remember which one, sorry.

Yeah I bought some from beedle. I think it's at the east Akkala stables. I also realized I could drop some that I have to take a photo of them too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crayon85
Dec 25, 2013
If you're trying to farm creatures (like butterflies and fish), I found that wearing a full set of stealth armour made it super easy

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

crayon85 posted:

If you're trying to farm creatures (like butterflies and fish), I found that wearing a full set of stealth armour made it super easy

Doesn't help in Death Mountain unfortunately :smith:

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

seiferguy posted:

Make a dang fireproof potion

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006

seiferguy posted:

Gotta drink fireproof potions.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
just be on fire for a couple minutes

babies

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Got third degree burns hunting butterflies. Worth it.

Also use you friggin sensor, makes this poo poo so much easier. You can get mad rich just using the sensor on rare ore deposits on Death Mountain.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

seiferguy posted:

3 Fireproof Lizards, 1 Bokoblin horn and any horn of any dragon will give you a 30 minute FP potion.

That said, even just having one piece of stealth gear is usually enough to up your sneaking enough to grab stuff pretty easily.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Well dang, I guess I really do gotta wipe my save file if I want my horse back :(

Well hopefully I wasn't too far into the main game..

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Just tamed the giant horse and proceeded to run poo poo over for the next 30 minutes. Bastard is a wrecking ball so I named him Wrex :allears:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

weird Asian candy posted:

Just tamed the giant horse and proceeded to run poo poo over for the next 30 minutes. Bastard is a wrecking ball so I named him Wrex :allears:

I named mine "Cannonball" since he looks like he got shot out of a cannon and acts like it too.

Edit: I also love how the horse customization people freak out about him.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

3 Fireproof Lizards, 1 Bokoblin horn and any horn of any dragon will give you a 30 minute FP potion.

That said, even just having one piece of stealth gear is usually enough to up your sneaking enough to grab stuff pretty easily.

I'm pretty sure one fireproof lizard will give you the same effect. Dragon horns always make the effect 30 minutes, and throwing in multiple lizards never resulted in a stronger effect for me. Besides, you only need one level of fireproof to survive all but two places on Death Mountain.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Spergatory posted:

I'm pretty sure one fireproof lizard will give you the same effect. Dragon horns always make the effect 30 minutes, and throwing in multiple lizards never resulted in a stronger effect for me. Besides, you only need one level of fireproof to survive all but two places on Death Mountain.

Check out this poo poo for rad cooking math

Fireproof lizards are potency 4, with 9 potency required in an elixir for a 2x fireproofing buff. If you're using smotherwing butterflies (potency 9) you only need 1 for the same effect.

And while it's true that only 2 areas need it, you can't stack dragon horn for a >30 minute effect, and if you're going for a half-hour-long potion you may as well toss in the extra lizards so that you don't try to walk into "the wrong area" and have to gently caress with your gear/buffs anyways.

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Apr 20, 2017

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
When do the dragons start showing up? I started a new game and needed a scale for the Spring of Courage, but Farosh didn't come out of Lake Hylia at midnight.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Reinanigans posted:

When do the dragons start showing up? I started a new game and needed a scale for the Spring of Courage, but Farosh didn't come out of Lake Hylia at midnight.
I think dragons can appear for you right after plateau if you go to the right places. Farosh starts in the Gerudo Mountains and heads southeast. You can catch him spawning in the little lake above the shrine that's hidden behind the waterfall in Faron.

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.
Hot drat I got a hole-in-one with the Korok seed in Akkala Wilds.

Also, there is a bokoblin fort near the peak of Akkala Wilds and if you go there while it's raining you can farm bomb-arrows (they don't explode in the rain).

Edit: Does anyone know if it is random whether a Lynel has a spear, one-handed sword, or crusher? I like one-handed swords the most, but I only seem to find Lynels with spears or crushers.

MustelaFuro fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Apr 20, 2017

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The dragons are more flexible/accomodating in their spawn times than people seem to think. There are certain places you can just show up any time of day and you'll probably see one (I've rarely ever gone into Tanagar Canyon without Dinraal stopping by), and places where resting at a fire basically guarantees a spawn when you wake-- Riola Spring (top of waterfall in Faron) for Farosh, West Deplian Badlands (across from North Lomei Labyrinth) for Dinraal.

Naydra's way more finicky than the other two for whatever reason, though.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

thatguy posted:

I think dragons can appear for you right after plateau if you go to the right places. Farosh starts in the Gerudo Mountains and heads southeast. You can catch him spawning in the little lake above the shrine that's hidden behind the waterfall in Faron.

There's a lot of lakes there...could you elaborate? Is there a specific time of day? Do I need to go to Gerudo Mountains first?

Sorry, I just remembered that spring was one of the last things I found on my first playthrough even though it was near the beginning of the game.

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

Supercar Gautier posted:

The dragons are more flexible/accomodating in their spawn times than people seem to think. There are certain places you can just show up any time of day and you'll probably see one (I've rarely ever gone into Tanagar Canyon without Dinraal stopping by), and places where resting at a fire basically guarantees a spawn when you wake-- Riola Spring (top of waterfall in Faron) for Farosh, West Deplian Badlands (across from North Lomei Labyrinth) for Dinraal.

If you go to the archways at the bottom of ice mountain and rest until night, it always pops up at midnight.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Xeremides posted:

If you go to the archways at the bottom of ice mountain and rest until night, it always pops up at midnight.

Ice mountain in the great plateau?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Reinanigans posted:

There's a lot of lakes there...could you elaborate? Is there a specific time of day? Do I need to go to Gerudo Mountains first?

Sorry, I just remembered that spring was one of the last things I found on my first playthrough even though it was near the beginning of the game.

Just go search YouTube for a video of where to go. There are like a half dozen good places for each dragon

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Astro7x posted:

Just go search YouTube for a video of where to go. There are like a half dozen good places for each dragon

I mean, I know where to go for the dragons. I usually go to Lake Hylia at midnight for Farosh, one of the stables with a bridge near it for Dinraal, and I forget for Naydra. The issue is Farosh wasn't spawning at his usual spot and I was wondering if there was something I needed to do in the game to trigger him to appear there since I started a new file.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Reinanigans posted:

I mean, I know where to go for the dragons. I usually go to Lake Hylia at midnight for Farosh, one of the stables with a bridge near it for Dinraal, and I forget for Naydra. The issue is Farosh wasn't spawning at his usual spot and I was wondering if there was something I needed to do in the game to trigger him to appear there since I started a new file.

Head to Riola Spring and build a fire on the shore and wait until morning. Run around the spring for a bit and Farosh should spawn if not immediately.

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

Reinanigans posted:

Ice mountain in the great plateau?

I was talking about Naydra (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnPi2C1Y_tE).

I used this one for Farosh: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYsNVxsWfFI

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Farosh in the morning is at Riola Spring. There's a cave directly north of it where you can camp (and avoid the rain) and farm him mercilessly there.
I farm the ice one over at Lanaryu Road's East Gate. It takes a minute or two for home to come down the mountain.
Dinraal I go west of the Eldin Great Skeleton at the very north of the map. It also takes a minute to get to you.

Farosh is the easiest since he literally spawns at the spring so you can camp till morning, immediately jump up (to the draft he crates) and slow-mo shoot him as needed as he comes out of the spring.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Apr 20, 2017

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Thanks everyone!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Reinanigans posted:

i think you need to talk to impa and get the champions tunic before any of them start showing up.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Supercar Gautier posted:

Dragons are bros. They're almost guaranteed to spawn for you if you wander into their regions during their active hours. Not only that, but they'll sometimes spawn more than once. I've warped to Vah Rudania and glided down to the Deplian Badlands trying to catch Dinraal, watched him get away from me, got caught up fighting a lizard, only to feel a sudden updraft as the fiery bastard wandered through again on the same path. Wasn't even going the opposite direction; he'd apparently seen me just miss him and decided to spawn again behind me. :)

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.
I thought of something that would greatly improve the ending of BoTW, but let me start by reminding people of the ending to ALttP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JU0C_l4aac

Imagine if BotW did a similar "follow-up" with the people you interacted with except the way you unlocked the ending additions is by completing side quests. For example, if you completed Nebb's side quest you would be treated to a brief clip of all of the weapons you gathered to show Nebb neatly laid out at his grandfather's grave. Or if you completed Gotter's side quest you get a short clip of a bakery he about to open in a Castletown that's in the process of being rebuilt.

Basically snippets and closure of the lives you've influenced throughout your game. It'd insensitive side quests and make the ending feel more emotional.

It'd be easy to work in others. Like the three brothers visiting the leviathan remains, the cucco-obsessed guard reuniting with his arrow-obsessed wife, the firefly lady catching fireflies at night, etc.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Vikar Jerome posted:

i think you need to talk to impa and get the champions tunic before any of them start showing up.

I'm pretty sure I didn't have either when I first saw Farosh (well, his tail disappearing down behind a mountain at least) and Dinraal.

MustelaFuro posted:

I thought of something that would greatly improve the ending of BoTW, but let me start by reminding people of the ending to ALttP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JU0C_l4aac

Imagine if BotW did a similar "follow-up" with the people you interacted with except the way you unlocked the ending additions is by completing side quests. For example, if you completed Nebb's side quest you would be treated to a brief clip of all of the weapons you gathered to show Nebb neatly laid out at his grandfather's grave. Or if you completed Gotter's side quest you get a short clip of a bakery he about to open in a Castletown that's in the process of being rebuilt.

Basically snippets and closure of the lives you've influenced throughout your game. It'd insensitive side quests and make the ending feel more emotional.

It'd be easy to work in others. Like the three brothers visiting the leviathan remains, the cucco-obsessed guard reuniting with his arrow-obsessed wife, the firefly lady catching fireflies at night, etc.

MM does that too, and it's really sweet.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Are this and Witcher 3 like one of the few modern open world games where it makes sense to have a stamina mechanic?

Calaveron fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Apr 20, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The only thing that bothered me about stamina in this game is that it lacked the quick recharge bonus from FF15. Man, that poo poo was great.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Earlier I cleared out a bokoblin camp on the way to a shrine, and since it was night I figured I'd rest. What happens next? Blood Moon. When I load back into the game Link is sitting between two bokoblins who lose their poo poo at the same time. I pulled out the Edge of Duality and smacked them around, but it was priceless.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Vikar Jerome posted:

I didn't get the champion tunic until late into the game so I can confirm they can show up before you get it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Just took a stab at going from the Akkala Ancient Tech Lab to the SW corner of the map past the Gerudo Great Skeleton. Using a Lord of the Mountain and a speed potion for the running parts during the desert (until I found a seal) the whole run took just under 20 minutes with plenty of room for improvements. I played it safe through the middle of map and avoided all guardian areas. I also stumbled against a rock on the canyon before the desert and it took me a good 40 seconds to catch a seal.

Next time I see the Lord pop up I'll give it another go but I'm sure you can make the trek in 18 minutes or less.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Re: when Silver enemies show up; my last post in the thread was about fighting a black enemy, which was the highest I had seen at that point. I had all four DBs beaten and 81 shrines. Then I completed one more quest (found the missing Zora at Lake Hylia) and suddenly every group of enemies has a Silver guy in it. I literally caught the moment it ticked over because I'm not able to play a whole lot the past few days, so I think it can be said to be put down to completion %.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

The Lobster posted:

Re: when Silver enemies show up; my last post in the thread was about fighting a black enemy, which was the highest I had seen at that point. I had all four DBs beaten and 81 shrines. Then I completed one more quest (found the missing Zora at Lake Hylia) and suddenly every group of enemies has a Silver guy in it. I literally caught the moment it ticked over because I'm not able to play a whole lot the past few days, so I think it can be said to be put down to completion %.

I started seeing silver mobs at 2 beasts, 50ish shrines, and like 120 or so korok seeds, and skipping the vast majority of side quests, so who knows.

e: Someone with a burning desire to Know Things could easily test it by finding every korok they could straight off the plateau without touching anything else.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

e: Someone with a burning desire to Know Things could easily test it by finding every korok they could straight off the plateau without touching anything else.

Unfortunately (or not) the game is no longer in my possession, so it won't be me.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
That area behind Lanayru Mountain that's named after a bunch of places from the Oracle games, I usually warp to the shrine from the Kass Quest there around 3 AM and Ice Dragon will always show up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

I thought these guys were intentionally ambushing me at korok puzzles but this is a bit extreme.