Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Capfalcon posted:

Yeah, I don't think Monobear was going to actually let her off the hook. But, when in doubt about his motives, always assume the most sadistic reason. What's more sadistic than framing the reason he's not going free as her fault for not being convincing enough and then provoking Yakuza kid into confessing his feelings for her. And all of that happens before she gets to see him potentially die right before she dies.

Monokuma also makes a correct prediction right before the execution:

quote:

: That will do, Monokuma... Why don't you start it already? Just so you know, I will never feel despair. As long as I am a tool...I am fully prepared to die.
: Puhuhu, soooo cool! But will you be able to maintain that composure until the very end? People who act as proud as you always shed tears of despair in the end.

Followed shortly after by:

quote:

: P-Please Peko! Don't go...!
: I need you! Don't leave me!
: Young...master?
: ...Young master!

Now whether or not those are tears of despair or sadness, she did break composure. Take that as you will.

Robindaybird posted:

Pretty much, as we've seen - he'll go for the cruelest option: denying Steve information about his mother before killing him, destroying alter-ego in the manner he did in the first game, or denying Celeste her romanticized death by splatting her with a firetruck - so pretty much this was just him kicking the dog a few times before taking it behind the shed.

I think you're both right in that Monokuma's goal is to break everyone to a point where either they or someone very close to them feels despair right before death. You could go back and apply this to almost everyone in the first game too. Leon just really doesn't want to die, Taka doesn't want Mondo to die, Celeste is denied a "respectable" death (plus it's established that she's most likely putting up a strong facade), and Makoto is despaired by Alter Ego's sudden and unexpected crushing. (Makoto/Kyoko's execution doesn't really match though Makoto was pretty scared in the few seconds leading up to the video; Junko...doesn't really work the same way but I guess she was despaired but happy). As Nagito noted, Monokuma knew what had really happened, so he was just biding his time letting the situation post-trial swell up to a point where Fuyuhiko and Peko would both fear despair.

At least, that's how I read it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!
: This cannot be! Even Fuyuhiko!?
: This is bad... Th-This shouldn't be allowed... People dying so easily... Falling like dominoes...
: Y-You bastard... What is this!?

: Th-This can't be... This...is a lie right...?
: Pekoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Fuyuhikoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
: For heaven's sake... This is just the worst...jeez, what a waste... This conclusion...what a waste... This is why...she should've just discussed it with me...

: It was supposed to be a clash between two hopes, but it was crushed into something so unpalatable...
: You...you're still talking about that?
: The hell's wrong with you!? Aren't you pissed that two of your friends got killed!?
: I am pissed...and I even feel sad and hopeless... But still...

Music cuts out.

: It's going to be all right! This despair is worthless!

: Even this despair...is just a ladder to a bright, shining future that await us! The higher the ladder, the brighter we can shine... That is the unmistakable truth!
: Calling me a ladder, huh... You say some pretty interesting things.

: Puhuhu... In a way, your misguided thoughts of what hope should be...remind me of him.
: I don't really understand...what you're saying...
: Anyway, I shall make a declaration! We will definitely destroy you!
: Haha, the hopes of all the Ultimates here will definitely, completely, utterly destroy you. There won't even be a strand of cotton left when we're done with you... That's your future.
: H-How much longer...are you planning to say such stupid things...?
: Don't you understand!? Even Fuyuhiko died, you know!?
: ...

: Not yet... He's...still alive!
: What!?
: Everyone! Fuyuhiko is still alive!
: A-Are you serious!?
: Fuyuhikoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Frantically...we rushed over to Fuyuhiko's side.

: Ghk... Spuhk...!
: H-He's still...he's still breathing!
: I-Is he gonna be okay!?
: D-Do something! Hey! You need to save him...HEY!
: I-I'm trying! But his blood! He won't stop bleeding out! His pulse...is getting weaker...!
: C-Can't you...can't you do anything about it...? GOD drat IIIIITTT!

: Well, serves him right.
: Were you filled with hope at the thought of saving her yourself? That's why you ended up like that.

: Wh-What are you so laid back about!? You need to hurry up and save him!
: Huh!? A surprise order!?
: Why do I have to burn my precious calories just to save some yakuza scum!?
: It's your duty to save him!
: ...Duty?
: Cuz...it's written in the school trip rules!

: If only the blackened gets executed, then Fuyuhiko shouldn't be allowed to be executed...!
: W-Well...if I could...I would do something about it right now... But since my Magic Stick was taken away...I'm practically powerless...
: But you, you should be able to do it!

: Jeez! I guess I have no choice!
: Well, there's no way I can violate a rule, even if it's me...
: Fine then! I'll save him!
: R-Really!?
: Heh...I was actually gonna do that all along! So I've already prepared for this!
: Huh? Prepared?

Music fades out, a siren can be heard fading in.

And that's when it happened. A siren began ringing from out of nowhere... And...gradually grew closer and closer...

: Ha-wa-wa!? An ambulance!?
: Just leave the rest to me: Doctor Killgood!
: Doctor Killgood!? You've already killed your patients!
: We gotta get this patient to the Monokuma Hospital ER and get him under 24 hour observation, stat! Soooo I'll see you later!

Music fades out, siren fades out into the distance.

And after he said that...the ambulance containing Monokuma and Fuyuhiko vanished from our sight.

: U-Um...is it really gonna be okay...? To leave this to Monokuma...?
: It can't be helped...it's not like there was any other way...!
: He's gonna be fine. He's probably gonna get better and come back to us again.
: Y-You're right... He's definitely gonna come back and talk a lot of smack as if nothing happened...!
: Then...all we can do is wait...!

: Why do we have to wait for him...? I mean...he caused Mahiru's death, you know...?
: H-However...we must put that aside since Peko has already been punished... O-Or else we will not be able to advance forward...!
: There are no second chances in life... We cannot return to what has already transpired... There is no other way than to move forward, like an arrow of light piercing through the darkness...
: I guess... Things aren't as excitin' if a poo poo stirrer like him ain't around!

I didn't realize it but...I was wishing for that, too... From the bottom of my heart, I really wanted him to return.

: Fuyuhikoooooooo!

I don't want anyone else...to be a sacrifice.

...And so, the class trial ended. But we still can't see the real ending that we really want yet... When that finally arrives... What will have happened to us by then...?

No matter where I look... No matter what possibilities I look for... I can't see our future, not even a speck. As if we were in a boat, floating unreliably in a vast, dark sea... We were just left there. Alone. Only one word could explain our situation.

Despair.

...We couldn't find a more suitable word than that.

: You guys can see it, right? You can see this countdown too?

: ...Four people are already gone. We took our time preparing the Hope Fragments, but now we're no longer able to gather them.

: Honestly...I'm not so sure anymore. Whether it's better if we let them leave this island... Or if we shouldn't let them escape... For those kids, which option is hope and which is despair?

: But...I guess there's no time to hesitate. If this countdown reaches zero... That guy will probably take over our plan's final stage as well. What lies beyond that is the foul resurrection of the Ultimate Despair... And the continuation of the biggest, most awful, most tragic event in human history...

: Th-That cannot be allowed! We must prevent that by any means necessary! Even if...we have to pay the ultimate price, I will definitely prevent it by any means!

: Everything...is for the sake of a future filled with hope...

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Pretty sure you could have gotten a better pun name from malpractice rather than "Killgood".

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Hooray, we're past the point where I stopped reading the last thread, and now I'm blind :toot:

Looking forward to being surprised by stuff.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Pretty sure you could have gotten a better pun name from malpractice rather than "Killgood".

I knew an honest to god Dr Pain

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's also a pun on Dr. Feelgood I'd assume.

quote:

Puhuhu... In a way, your misguided thoughts of what hope should be...remind me of him.

Okay this game is just loving with us now. :mad:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Well, Fuyuhiko is in the list of students remaining, so I assume he'll be back.

I also assume he'll be like half an android or have a new black and white colour scheme though...

SleuthDiplomacy
Sep 25, 2010
Just got caught up from the beginning. Another reader from Oren's LP, I only remembered the first case, so I was caught up in all the twists and turns of Case 2 just like everyone else. Looking forward to Case 3 and beyond!

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Glad to see we're getting to a point where people who followed the first LP are starting to see new content for the first time. I really liked this trial overall because it goes in some crazy directions and then subverts expectations in a number of ways. When I first played the game I thought for sure it was Hiyoko and that the Gummy Bag would be the evidence used to convict her...until I read the evidence description more carefully and that threw all of my theories out the window. Even when it came time to accuse Peko, I still wasn't sure it was her or Sonia based on the water aspect. I thought the wetsuit as well, but went with Peko just because she had been wet upon arriving to the diner and got lucky. When you're playing the game for yourself and you're not experiencing the game 15 minutes at a time over the course of a whole month, you obviously have less time to connect the dots and so things that might be obvious in retrospect (Peko's redirection of the trial towards Hiyoko, Fuyuhiko's initial suspicion coupled with how forceful he was against Hiyoko) might be forgotten when it comes time to make an important decision. Basically, game continues to be good and I'm glad we still have a lot left to go.

Speaking of, some of you have probably noticed a feature from the last LP has been absent so far: the Free Time Roundups for deceased students. Tell you the truth, I had every intention of doing them alongside the LP like I did with the first game, but I actually don't have any way to do them currently. See, on my PS Vita version of the game, I actually took the time to do lots of Free Times in this game's School Mode equivalent so most of my characters there are actually finished. When you finish a Free Time Event, you have no way to see that dialogue again without starting a completely new save file. So I don't have access to the majority of FTEs on my Vita version. On the PC version, which is what I've been using since the start of Trial 1, I don't have any cleared save data at all and I don't really have the time or willpower to play the whole game without doing any free times at all to get a cleared save file that's completely blank as far as free times are concerned. So, unfortunately, I'm probably not going to be able to do Free Time Roundups until the very end of the game just because I won't really have a choice. That said, there are a lot more Free Time opportunities during the course of the main game and I do intend to complete a few students' full FTEs before the game is over. For example, Sonia survived this chapter and already has 4/6 of her events done so I'll probably be able to finish her up during Chapter 3 (As always, this is not necessarily indicative of anything regarding her or anyone else's survival).

This isn't set in stone though. I might be able to work out a way to do Free Time Roundups mid-LP but I'll probably have to either look for a way to import a save file, mess around with Cheat Engine or branch off some old save files in order to see events of people I missed so far. We'll see.

Additionally, there are a few more extra modes in this game that I can show off in place of the Free Time Roundups. In fact, I've had one of them recorded and with screenshots taken of it but I've been lax about posting it. It's not a great mode so I'm a little "eh" about it. As for the other one, I'm not sure when or where I'll slot it in but it's an interesting mode so I'll definitely find a place for it.

Finally, with the end of Chapter 2 behind us I'm going to take a few more days off from the LP to either do a bit more backlog (I've already gotten the first part of chapter 3 written and have about four more updates worth of recorded footage available to transcribe) or just backburner a little bit while I work on schoolwork. Probably both. So thanks for reading so far and I hope you all stick around for the rest of the game!

vvvvvv edit: :v: indeed

FPzero fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Apr 13, 2017

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I'm really curious how you intend to Let's Play Danganronpa 3 Future/Despair once this is over and done with. :v:

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I was with Oren's LP to the end, so im looking forward to how this turns out. Ive waited quite a long time to see the end of chapter 3.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm really curious how you intend to Let's Play Danganronpa 3 Future/Despair once this is over and done with. :v:

surely Ultra Despair Girls would have to come first?

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

fractalairduct posted:

surely Ultra Despair Girls would have to come first?

That's why it would be difficult.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Cant we just have a quick summery and then move on?

Please?

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Since I've refused to LP UDG, if I do anything with it it'll be a summary of the plot. But that's also a ways away and I have less than zero idea how I would "LP" Danganronpa 3, the anime.

Danganronpa v3, the new game, on the other hand... We'll see what my life looks like when the time comes.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Does v3 have anything at all to do with 1 or 2, other than having Monokuma? The marketing stuff said no Hope's Peak, so I'm wondering if someone could do an LP simultaneously with no spoilers for this one.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I have no idea since I won't get a chance to play it myself until it releases in September. At the same time though I don't really want to know because part of me wants there to be a connection to the previous games and part of me wants it to sever all its connections.

Regardless, it's probably not a discussion to have in here yet. I'll consider LPing v3 upon playing it myself but until then the question will remain up in the air.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
It is my great hope that Spunsoft will pull a Ghost Trick after v3, and just call up Kodaka et al one day and be all "okay here is a dump truck full of money, now come back in two years with something shippable".

I want Danganronpa to continue to infinity, sort of. On a purely mechanical level it is the last great golden-age closed circle murder mystery on the face of the earth, and I could love it for that alone. But I don't see any reason the mechanic or even the motifs they have need to be chained forever to Hope's Peak Academy and Monokuma. I want to see these mechanics set free, and evolve.

From what I've pieced together in my complete self-exile from anything v3 related, the game is more or less mostly what I just described; it's Danganronpa but without much connecting it to 1 and 2. That may be true or it may be a fakeout. Either way I'm hyped.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Well I failed to produce any new updates over the weekend (I blame my birthday) but I've been sitting on the start of Chapter 3 for a week now so oh well, time for me to post it. I'll try and work on the next update as soon as I can. In the meantime, let's start Chapter 3.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

???: No one's here, right...?

: Hehe...! Man, I can totally see it now. Those idiots...I can't wait to see the surprised look on their dumb faces.
: Hehehe... But...they'll probably be happy about it. They'll probably be...very, veeeery happy. All righty...!
: Hehehehehehehe...!

Music fades out.

*Ding dong, bing bong*

: Ahem... Hope's Peak Academy's School Trip Executive Committee has an announcement to make... Gooooood morning, everyone! Looks like today is gonna be another perfect, tropical day! Now then, let's show some enthusiasm and make sure to give it our all today!

...Morning, huh. In the end...I was so worried about Fuyuhiko that I couldn't sleep...

Involving himself in Peko's execution like that... Suffering all those wounds... Is he really going to live? And...was it really okay to leave him in Monokuma's care?

Worry has consumed my heart... My body feels terribly burdened...

: But...that worry ends here. There's no way I can just lay here and do nothing.

Loosening my stiff body, I slowly sat up in bed...

: I guess I should head over to the restaurant.

...That's right, just do it. I should meet up with everyone at the restaurant first...and then we'll question Monokuma afterward.

I'm definitely going to find out if Fuyuhiko is safe or not!

: Sonia's the only person hanging around poolside this morning.

: Good morning, Sonia.
: Huh!? Hajime!?
: Get back! Who do you think I am!?

: Ahhh...that was unintentional...! It is okay...please be your usual self.
: Y-Yeah...

That was close...I was really going to kneel before her...

: I am terribly sorry. I was so worried about Fuyuhiko that I could not sleep at all... That must be why my face looks so terrible. I was just so embarrassed to be seen like this.
: I shall go wash my face and come back one more time! Now then, ta-ta! *leaves*

She looked like she normally does... But just as I thought, Sonia and I were worrying about the same thing.

: Is Fuyuhiko...really okay...?

: Chiaki's playing games, as usual.

: G'morning, Chiaki.
: ... ... ...
: ...Yeah, g'morning. You're up earlier than usual.
: Yeah, I couldn't really stay put and do nothing.
: ...I see...

Gaming as usual... No, I have a slight feeling she's deliberately concentrating on her game. Like she's trying to keep her sadness from showing by being completely focused in gaming... Or is it just me?

: Wah! Hajime!? You're already here!?
: Hiyoko, you're the only one here... What are you acting so anxious about?
: I-I'm not acting anxious... I-I just happened to be awake by coincidence, so...I just came here early.
: I-I see...

This girl...there's something strange... Is she trying to pull some kind of dirty trick again?

: Hiyoko doesn't have anything else to say of note so let's have a look around the place.

: I, uh... What's this?

: ...Wh-What the heck is this!?

A panel has been propped up. It's giving off a dreadful, unsettling vibe... There's a bunch of photos pasted all over it... Didn't Mahiru take these photos...? But what's with this terrifying ambience?

: Wooooooow, what's this!? What an adoooooorable decoration!
: I don't know who did it but they must've spent so much time and effort doing their best to make it.
: Kyahahaha! Mahiru's gonna be happy, too! I don't know who did this but we should be grateful to them! Riiiiiight?
: ...Hey Hiyoko...did you--

: Ah...good morning. It's so rare to run into you two here. Hm-hm-hm, what are you looking at?
: ...Huh.
: KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! What are these...these horrifying photos!?

: Yo! What happened!?
: What's up, what's up!? Is it a brawl!?
: Yooooooooooooo! What's all this ruckus in the morning...?
: This...this is baaaaad...! P-Please...take a look at th-those photos!
: Huh? Photos...
: Whoa! What the heck!?

: What kinda ominous crap is this...? Is this like something you use for...sorcery!?
: Muhhh...! This is clearly an insult against Mahiru...!
: I dunno who the hell did this crap...but they've got a lotta nerve...
: Haaaaah...this is too much... To actually treat...Mahiru's photos...like this...!

: Ah, everyone...I understand how you guys feel, but it's probably--

: Good morning, everyone!
: Good mongrel!

: Kyyyaaaaaa! What's with those nasty photos!? They're giving off a crazy huge ominous aura!
: There is no excuse...this is too terrible! How could someone be capable of such a heartless trick...!
: No, seriously...it's just...

: ...I know, right? Seriously, it's just the worst. Jeez, I wonder who the hell did it.
: ...Huh?
: You're right... There's no way...Mahiru will be happy...with this...
: She won't just be unhappy... I'm sure she'll be so angry she'll cry tears of blood...!

: Man, who the hell did this!?
: No...we'll have to search for the criminal later. In the meantime...
: FIIIIRE! START THE FIIIIIIIIRRRRRE! We'll have a grand bonfire so Mahiru can reach Nirvana!
: S-Seriously...this is...

: ...You can't. Someone took their time to make this memorial so we can mourn for Mahiru. You can't burn it...
: ...Huh? Mourn Mahiru?
: You sure it's not the other way around? I'm pretty sure whoever made this is totally disrespecting Mahiru.
: ...Really? I think it's just a little clumsy.
: Why don't you take a closer look at the intent instead of focusing on appearances?

: Despite their clumsiness, I'm sure whoever made this probably did their very best... If you look at it carefully...don't you feel like you can sense their feelings?
: Mahiru's not alone... She'll be with us now and forever... This...was probably made with those feelings...

: So I definitely think... Yep. It's a nice decoration.
: After hearin' you say that...I'm startin' to feel the same thing!
: You sure are simple-minded!
: Ugh...ugh...ughhhh...

: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! I don't really want to burn it!
: ...Huh?
: U-Um... Was the person who made this...?

: Ugh...ugh...ughhhh... M-Mahiru...was really...really nice... She politely...taught me...how to tie my kimono...
: She was...really good at taking care of others...
: Mahiru's...probably lonely by herself... So I wanted to tell her...that she's not alone...even if she's in heaven...

: Guuuuuuuuuh...Hiyoko...y-youuuuuu...!
: I-I did...wanna...make it look better...but... But...unless I'm dancing...I'm so clumsy at whatever I do...
: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! I'm sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyy!
: I-I am terribly sorry...I spoke out of turn without considering your feelings at all...!
: Sorry Hiyoko.
: I-I'm sorrryyy...!

: H-How should I put this...? I-It looks like we misunderstood.
: N-Now that I take a closer look, it looks like you put a lot of thought into the decorations!
: Soooo...let's keep this thing around until we get off this island...
: ...No, it should come with us when we get off this island, too. It would be a waste to leave behind...such wonderful photos.
: *Sob*... *Sniffle* ...So we're not gonna burn it?

: Of course not! We would never burn it!
: Weren't you the one who started shoutin' that?

: Fine, then I'll forgive you all! Except Mikan, of course!
: Wh-Why!? Why are you so strict with me!?
: Maaaaan, it's so unexpected...
: I really can't imagine Hiyoko being so diligent and earnest about something!

: Wh-Who...cares about that...?
: ...Hiyoko has a very kind heart.
: K-Kind, oh c'mon... It's not like that...
: Jeez! Stop it already!
: Haha, you don't hafta be embarrassed!
: Seriously, stop it! Don't tease me!
: Awww...Hiyoko is so adorable when she's embarrassed!
: Shut the gently caress up you pig-faced troll!
: Eeeeek! Why only me!?

A-At any rate... I hope this is finally settled now.

: It's very...like you guys to settle things like this.
: ...Hm? Really? It feels like we made such a huge fuss about it and *finally* settled things.
: ...That's just like you guys.

: Little by little, we're trying to understand and find the good in each other... That's the reason why we can move forward...without feeling despair toward our situation.
: ...Yeah, you guys are all splendid.

Splendid, huh...

Music cuts out.

: Hmph, I have arrived. Apologies for the wai--

: What the...!? What is this foul object that is releasing such a foul aura!?
: Hm, a malice clings to Mahiru even after her death... We'll be sucked in if we look directly at it!
: ...Wow, this is a...very hopeless object. It doesn't belong in a hopeful place like this at all... It's absolutely brimming with malice...

: Let's just hurry up and destroy it. I can't stand to look at it for even one more second.
: Stand aside! I shall shatter this barbaric, blasphemous false idol to pieces!
: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

: Now that those two are here...do you still think we're splendid?
: Hmm... Looks like it's gonna take a little more time.
: ...I completely agree.

The scene unfolding in front of me was so embarrassing, all I could do was sigh... But...at least it was a peaceful scene.

However...we didn't realize just how short-lived this peace would be. Even though we were finally bonding, a situation was brewing, like a huge fracture running between us all... And that...would be the trigger for a truly horrible and atrocious incident... Not just for me...but for every single one of us...

...We just hadn't realized it yet.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Oh Hiyoko, you're so terrible even when you're sort of trying not to be.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Hey, I think her demon altar was pretty sweet.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Hey Hiyoko... where'd you get those skulls from?

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Insertnamehere31 posted:

Hey Hiyoko... where'd you get those skulls from?

Well, there's a farm with animals on it. I guess it has fewer now.

Also, there are 4 human corpses around, and I'm sure Monokuma won't mind if she borrows a few pieces from them.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
So that was a pretty short-lived attempt to keep Nagito locked up.

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

It's MAGIC. I don't have to explain shit!

idonotlikepeas posted:

Hey, I think her demon altar was pretty sweet.

Don't make fun of saionji she is doing her best.

SpruceZeus
Aug 13, 2011

some kind of ominous demon altar is exactly how i'd want people to remember me tbh

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well, hopefully the next murderer knows better than to try and use their Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Super High School level skill next time.

Also, is Akane supposed to be a gymnast? With how much she likes fighting you'd think she'd be in some kind of Martial art.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Everyone needs a hobby!

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

oath2order posted:

Don't make fun of saionji she is doing her best.

I wasn't making fun. It is both sweet (heartwarming) and sweet (totally metal).

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

RareAcumen posted:

Also, is Akane supposed to be a gymnast? With how much she likes fighting you'd think she'd be in some kind of Martial art.

She is a naturally talented gymnast, not a naturally talented fighter. She just likes fighting instead of doing what she is talented at.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

BlazeEmblem posted:

She is a naturally talented gymnast, not a naturally talented fighter. She just likes fighting instead of doing what she is talented at.

Okay, I can buy that explanation. With Nekomaru Nidai the 'Team Manager' I wouldn't be surprised if something was just lost in translation. :v:

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

This actually gets brought up in her Free Time Events.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

: Phew, I'm stuffed! I can't eat another drat bite!
: Man, you sure do eat a lot. Don't you ever worry about, like, choking?
: I never get worried!
: You don't!? Wait, what about Fuyuhiko!?

: Is he really all right? I was so, so concerned...I could not sleep at all last night...
: Plus, if his fate is in Monokuma's paws, I'm even more concerned...!
: Ugh... If I only could've tended to his wounds somehow... I wish I wasn't so useless...

: ...Well, I don't think you guys should worry about it...
: Do you just forget everything that happens when you eat?
: Now that I've got a belly full o' food, I'm all set! Soooo...
: Leave the rest to me! I'll question Monokuma and avenge Fuyuhiko!
: Avenge...? He's not even dead!
: What vengeance? You just want to test your skill...!
: Well...yeah!
: Haha... She flat out admitted it...

: Okay everyone! Can I have your attention please!?
: Oh it's you, Monomi...what do you want...?
: Man, the fun mood's over now thanks to you.
: Huuuuh? Did I just ruin the mood!?

: Jeez, don't treat me so harshly! I did my very best today too!
: ...Hey, who the hell're you? We're talkin' about somethin' important, so go away.
: Okay, I'm sorry...
: ...Wait, nooooo! I definitely don't wanna be treated like an outsider!
: Just what do you want? What do you mean by, "I did my very best"?
: Ah, you finally asked me!

: Well, once again I've defeated another Monobeast! How do you like me now? I worked hard, didn't I!?
: If you've defeated a Monobeast, that means...
: That's right! You are now able to visit yet another island!
: ...So let's all live happily ever after with each other this time, okay? No more getting tricked by Monokuma... No more thinking about leaving this island...
: Let's all live together peacefully as best friends!

A new island, huh... Maybe now we'll finally find it. A way to get off this island and go home... No...that's the only thing we have! That's our one and only hope!

: Huh? Are you guys thinking about leaving the island, even though I just said not to!?

: More importantly, Monomi, what happened to Fuyuhiko!?
: ...Huh, Fuyuhiko?
: Um... You see...I...don't really know...
: Miss Sonia, can't you see it's a waste of time asking her!? In the end, she's just Monokuma's ally!

: You're also part of that mysterious World Ender organization, aren't you?
: That's the organization that brought us to this island, right? Since you're the one who brought us to this island, that's gotta be it.
: Hey, I don't know if you're a rabbit or a pig, but just what are you planning!?
: This is a great opportunity...! It's time you finally filled us in...!
: Ugh...what a dilemma... But...that's the one thing I can't say...
: Truly, this is the tragedy of middle management! *leaves*

: She ran away again! She's always like this when things get inconvenient for her!
: Oh well, who cares about Monomi? More importantly...
: She mentioned a new island... What should we do?
: I do not think we should be exploring when Fuyuhiko is in danger...
: But we must move forward, no matter what despair stands in our way! That's what hope should be!
: What "hope"...? You always say that just before you lead us into a trap...
: Jeez...you're seriously just as annoying as Monokuma...

: I'm also worried about Fuyuhiko, but...is it really okay if we just stay here and do nothing? ...Isn't it better if we do what we can?
: What we can, huh... She's right... Let's try to find a way off this island before he comes back.
: Hmmm...
: You are right... Fuyuhiko will not recover any faster if we just stand around and do nothing.
: I agree with Miss Sonia!
: Then it's decided. Let's explore and search for a new hope!

: So wouldn't it be faster to just beat up the rest of the Monobeasts and search all the islands in one go?
: If that strange-lookin' rabbit can defeat one, it should be easy for us too!
: ...Hey, don't think about doing anything reckless.
: Anyway, let's begin! Let's open the way to a hope-filled future with our very own hands!

After all that, I feel like we're doing exactly what Nagito wants us to do...

In order to prepare for exploring the new island, we left the restaurant...

: Let's get exploring. Our destination is the 3rd Island.

: We can find Nekomaru on the Central Island just to the side of the 3rd Island bridge.

: Hey, you're not going to the new island, Nekomaru?
: I'm worried Akane's going to do something reckless about those Monobeasts... I'm going to guard the bridges for a while. I'll leave you guys to explore the new island.
: Yeah, got it.

Nekomaru's quite good at taking care of people... I wonder if that's a habit of being a team manager?

: Let's head on over.

Monomi was right... The Monobeast that was blocking this bridge is gone...!

: Then...if we cross this bridge, we should reach the new island.

With a feeling of hope in my heart that overshadowed any lingering fear or nervousness I felt...

...I crossed the bridge that lead to the new island.

: So this is the third island... The ambience is completely different compared to the previous islands.

The residences and ruins are all in shambles... It barely feels like a resort. And not just that...there's definitely no sign of any people here either... It feels a little dangerous somehow... It might be better to proceed cautiously.

: Welcome to the 3rd Island! As Hajime noted, it's pretty different compared to the other two islands. For one, the camera faces inwards toward the center of the island instead of outwards towards the ocean like the other islands did. It's also very run-down looking.
: I originally planned on stopping here but this update is otherwise pretty short so let's keep going. Please note that the order I'll be showing the places here is not the same order that I recorded them in so if you spot any discrepancies with my character level that's the explanation why.

: First, here's a look at the map. Sadly this game doesn't allow you to zoom out the map so I can't show any more of it than this without multiple images and giving away place names.

: Next, a check in with our Pet. Oooh, it's very close to its next growth. I wonder what will happen?

: We'll begin searching the island at this Hospital.

Looks like this is the hospital lobby...

: The ambience feels like something out of a horror film. I definitely don't want to be a patient here...

*Mikan bursts into view*

: ...Hajime!
: Holy shi--!
: Ah, I'm sorry I scared you... But don't worry. Even if you have a heart attack from getting too scared, this is a hospital after all.
: The moment I have a heart attack...I'll definitely have something I need to be worried about...

: But...this hospital is a little strange... I can't find any doctors, nurses or patients anywhere...
: Just as I thought...here too...

Dammit... There's nobody here either... What's going on with this island?

: Ah, I noticed all the medical supplies are still here. I'm not sure they'll be useful unless we check them...
: Ahhhhh! That means I need to go check them, right? U-Understood...! I'll go ahead and go that in a flash so please don't hate me! *leaves*

Mikan frantically ran to the other end of the dark hall and disappeared, making a huge fuss as she left.

: I guess that means it's okay to leave this place to her, huh?

: There's one other person here.

: Hmph...of all people, it seems I've immersed myself in nostalgia. This place is similar...to where the mark of defeating the devil was carved into my body long ago...
: ...The mark of defeating the devil?
: ...I have said too much. Forget what you heard...for your sake...

He was the one who volunteered that information, and now he's already telling me to forget it...

: Gundham will be Gundham. What's on this bulletin board?

There's a paper on the bulletin board. Apparently it's a hospital notice... But there's no one on this island. So...who was this notice written for...?

: And lastly, this gaudy door to the Hallway.

The patient room and consultation room...are beyond this point, right? Well, it's fine to leave it to Mikan.

: Next time we'll keep exploring the island.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I still feel like the students are being way too sympathetic towards self-admitted attempted murderer Kuzuryuu. He wouldn't have lost Peko or been badly injured if he hadn't plotted with her to avenge a murder which he had already avenged. He’s a vicious rear end in a top hat and he got what was coming to him.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Excuse me but am I seeing that correctly? Is that building named Titty Typhoon?!

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

serefin99 posted:

Excuse me but am I seeing that correctly? Is that building named Titty Typhoon?!

Yes. I think it was mentioned in Orenronen's LP that it was a reference to something.

BlazeEmblem fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Apr 22, 2017

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

BlazeEmblem posted:

Yes. I think it was mentioned in Orenronen's LP that it was a reference to something.

It's a reference to Titty Twister from Dusk Until Dawn

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Robindaybird posted:

It's a reference to Titty Twister from Dusk Until Dawn

Okay, lets type Dusk Until Dawn into Wikipedia because I don't know what that is...

Wikipedia: Did you mean: duck until dawn

Er, no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

BlazeEmblem posted:

Okay, lets type Dusk Until Dawn into Wikipedia because I don't know what that is...

Wikipedia: Did you mean: duck until dawn

Er, no.

*From Dusk Till Dawn, I messed up the name.

• Locked thread