Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Permanently banned from the Alamo
I’m not kidding you here, I mean a LOT of nerf guns.

I’ve got calibrated 6-shooters with customized pumps that can practically put a hole in a concrete wall. I’ve got specially modified CO2 powered machine guns that can send a nerf dart flying through several panes of glass. I’ve got a nerf knife, made of foam with a hard rubber “stem” inside it to keep it from bending. I’ve got it all.

Now, you might think that someone like me, someone living such a luxury-filled life, would be happy, right? Well, I thought so too, until I saw my neighbor’s cache of paintball-related goods. He’s into paintball guns the same way I’m into nerf guns.

And it terrifies me.

I think I’ve been spared, honestly, from a life of meaninglessness. I’ve seen how he cares for his paintball equipment, how he lovingly polishes his mask every day, and gives each individual paintball a kiss before loading it into his rifle and blasting chipmunks in his backyard. I’ve watched him fill water balloons full of paint, consider throwing them at stray dogs and children that walk by his yard, and then gently set them back down.

And I’ve seen him on the bad nights, the lonely nights, the nights where he just cradles the cold steel in his arm, and cries. Sometimes I look out my kitchen window in the morning, through his french doors on the side of his house, and I see him passed out on the floor, an opened bottle of vodka and an empty shot glass, with paint plastered to the temple of his skull, gun lying next to him on the floor, tears streaking down his face.

I see where my nerf gun path is taking me, and where that path leads is not a pretty place at all. I don’t wish to see that dark place towards which I am headed.

So tell me, goons, what kind of shrubbery would be best suited to blocking all view of his french doors? Thanks in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Use them to annihilate the small insects creeping into your homes.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Is this is GBS 2005?

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
please stop making threads. thanks in advance

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

my friend modded a nerf gun so it was belt fed full auto, was kinda cool

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
pew pew pew!

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Stuntman posted:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
try some real gun they are more fun

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
i almost got blinded by some autistic fat chick's gustav cannon at the campus nerf club and i never returned

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Stuntman posted:

Yeah! gently caress people who make threads that aren't 3 words long!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
pics yo, otherwise you're just full of poo poo

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Maybe stick to the anonymous confessions.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I had one of those sick nerf guns with the suction cups as a kid! I accidentally shot my eye out though, so that wasn't fun.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Post the MLP mod

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

rear end posted:

Yeah! gently caress people who make threads that aren't 3 words long!

Mr. Lowtax demands content. I am his eager slave.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

UWBW posted:

Mr. Lowtax demands content. I am his eager slave.

Post your arsenal!

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Iron Crowned posted:

Post your arsenal!

99% of the OP was a lie, but I actually have an arsenal. Unfortunately I am at work at this time, but if I can be assed to remember I'll post what I got when I get home.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
i bought and then sold some on craigslist but i still have the electric powered ones because lol why not

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

nigga crab pollock posted:

i bought and then sold some on craigslist but i still have the electric powered ones because lol why not

My friend has an off brand one of those, and it's awful. It's roughly the shape of a humpback whale, shoots darts about 8 feet, and makes a horrible whirring and clicking noise like a robot on life support.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Hi! I want to see all your nerf guns!

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I like azaleas, as their foliage is typically dense enough to obscure line of sight, while their spring blooms are beautiful and fragrant!

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Nut to Butt posted:

I like azaleas, as their foliage is typically dense enough to obscure line of sight, while their spring blooms are beautiful and fragrant!

Hey, someone who actually read my shitpost. Thank you :)

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
What model would you recommend for the first-time nerf buyer?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

How big is your nerf gun OP?

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Cantaloupe posted:

What model would you recommend for the first-time nerf buyer?

https://www.amazon.com/Nerf-N-Strike-Maverick-Discontinued-manufacturer/dp/B0002UP0IA

Possibly the best nerf gun ever made. I have one sitting next to me at work, and I use it to shoot my boss from time to time.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

How big is your nerf gun OP?

Me too, thanks.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

UWBW posted:

I’m not kidding you here, I mean a LOT of nerf guns.

I’ve got calibrated 6-shooters with customized pumps that can practically put a hole in a concrete wall. I’ve got specially modified CO2 powered machine guns that can send a nerf dart flying through several panes of glass. I’ve got a nerf knife, made of foam with a hard rubber “stem” inside it to keep it from bending. I’ve got it all.

Now, you might think that someone like me, someone living such a luxury-filled life, would be happy, right? Well, I thought so too, until I saw my neighbor’s cache of paintball-related goods. He’s into paintball guns the same way I’m into nerf guns.

And it terrifies me.

I think I’ve been spared, honestly, from a life of meaninglessness. I’ve seen how he cares for his paintball equipment, how he lovingly polishes his mask every day, and gives each individual paintball a kiss before loading it into his rifle and blasting chipmunks in his backyard. I’ve watched him fill water balloons full of paint, consider throwing them at stray dogs and children that walk by his yard, and then gently set them back down.

And I’ve seen him on the bad nights, the lonely nights, the nights where he just cradles the cold steel in his arm, and cries. Sometimes I look out my kitchen window in the morning, through his french doors on the side of his house, and I see him passed out on the floor, an opened bottle of vodka and an empty shot glass, with paint plastered to the temple of his skull, gun lying next to him on the floor, tears streaking down his face.

I see where my nerf gun path is taking me, and where that path leads is not a pretty place at all. I don’t wish to see that dark place towards which I am headed.

So tell me, goons, what kind of shrubbery would be best suited to blocking all view of his french doors? Thanks in advance.
Shoot him with a piss soaked nerf dart.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I don't mean from hiding, either. I mean like go talk to him holding a nerf gun and at some point in the conversation shoot him with a piss soaked dart.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Stuntman posted:

I'm gonna break ur computer IRL bitch

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
I had big nerf battles with my nephews and bro and it was pretty cool. Many nerf darts were fired wildly into the cactus fields of arizona.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I had to teach myself to solder because my son watched some stupid video on youtube that said it was fine to shove 12 volts of batteries in his new gun without upgrading any internal poo poo.

But turns out it is fun and now I want to solder more stuff into kid toys.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

The Dregs posted:

I had to teach myself to solder because my son watched some stupid video on youtube that said it was fine to shove 12 volts of batteries in his new gun without upgrading any internal poo poo.
Well?? What did it do

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

a hole-y ghost posted:

Well?? What did it do

It did gently caress all.
I think he instantly burned poo poo out. The motors were still good, so I just wired them directly to the trigger and now it works, but I made him put the old AA's back in. Considering upgrading the motor though, now that I see how easy this stuff is.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

The Dregs posted:

I think he instantly burned poo poo out. The motors were still good, so I just wired them directly to the trigger and now it works, but I made him put the old AA's back in. Considering upgrading the motor though, now that I see how easy this stuff is.
I heard you can rewire a disposable camera's flash to a piece of metal and it will discharge the capacitor when the metal is touched, you should make a shock bayonet to attach to the gun.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

a hole-y ghost posted:

I heard you can rewire a disposable camera's flash to a piece of metal and it will discharge the capacitor when the metal is touched, you should make a shock bayonet to attach to the gun.

or just tape a rusty tent spike to it

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I really hope you're a member of a well regulated nerf militia.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

When I was a kid we made our own Nerf guns with a section of 3" pipe, a grill igniter, some hairspray, and a potato. Send a supersonic potato through your neighbor's window, OP.

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

The Dregs posted:

I've heard that there's actually a big market for modded nerf guns, so if your son doesn't care anymore, maybe you could make some bucks off ebay.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

the best known translation is "die properly"

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I was just reading about the guy who wrote the book that the documentary "Pumping Iron" was based on, and apparently this same guy invented paintball. Isn't that wild? I never thought of someone actually inventing it. Well, they said he played the first game of it with his friend, and then his friend went on to make the first paintball equipment company or something.

What was your question again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

Rutibex posted:

try some real gun they are more fun

this is kind of true but you can't do much with real guns. at least with airsoft and nerfs you can have wars with your friends.

i have some real guns but i don't get to use them much and when i do there's all these rules and poo poo so you don't accidentally kill you're self or someone else :shrug:

• Locked thread