Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many beers does it take for you to get drunk?
More than 6
View Results

• Locked thread
Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Pretty much the title of the thread; how many beers does it take for you to get drunk? Assume that the beers are 5.5% Abv and in a 12 oz can for any nerds who care about that. You define drunk on you own. How many beers? HOW MANY BEERS?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

This is a dumb question OP. I could chug 6 beers in an hour and start feeling pretty good or I could drink 6 beers in 3 hours and not feel a thing.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

This is a dumb question OP. I could chug 6 beers in an hour and start feeling pretty good or I could drink 6 beers in 3 hours and not feel a thing.

loving nerd analyzing the question and poo poo. Give me your fuckin lunch money so I can buy some weed and cocaine.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
I don't want to brag because it's something I look upon in shame but it takes at least a 12 pack nowdays to even get tipsy. Beers 13-18 may yield some drunken feelings.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I mean it's a dumb question, sorry to bust up your thread.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
like 5 tallcans of the lovely craft beers i drink. feelin it in 2, tipsy in 3.5. actually probably more to be actually proper drunk. I don't even really drink that often I'm more of a :420: man myself

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
op you have the shittiest avatar in forums history, i have hated it since forever

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

also this

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Gaunab posted:

loving nerd analyzing the question and poo poo. Give me your fuckin lunch money so I can buy some weed and cocaine.

It's not really nitpicky when it's a p valid point. If I'm at a social event with alcohol involved but plan to drive home later I could easily drink 1 beer/hr + maybe a couple frontloaded to start the buzz.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
A better question might be "if you're aiming to get drunk how many shots could you start the night off with without making a total rear end of yourself".

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
AVERAGE AMOUNT OF BEERS TO GET DRUNK

not seeing what's so hard about answering that

also

bonerjam posted:

op you have the shittiest avatar in forums history, i have hated it since forever

also this

Who are you?

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

ArbitraryC posted:

A better question might be "if you're aiming to get drunk how many shots could you start the night off with without making a total rear end of yourself".

Assuming an hr pregame period, 5-6 then maintain with beer as needed

Toilet Shoes
Aug 22, 2016

by Lowtax
How many you got on hand op? That many.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Zero beers because I'm already drunk on grain alcohol.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
what % you idiot?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Peetown Manning posted:

I don't want to brag because it's something I look upon in shame but it takes at least a 12 pack nowdays to even get tipsy. Beers 13-18 may yield some drunken feelings.

also ashamed. but yeah, same.

once we start getting to that point the actual numbers stop mattering and it's more a question of how much liquid can I hold.

Mr. Meagles fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Apr 21, 2017

Scroon
Oct 22, 2016

Just one, but I mix it with rubbing alcohol and wood polish. It'll getcha there.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Gaunab posted:

AVERAGE AMOUNT OF BEERS TO GET DRUNK

not seeing what's so hard about answering that

I mean the issue with beer is between the carbonation and the low abv you're gonna have a huge difference between someone forcing em down vs just constantly sipping on em on a lazy weekend so it's a tough question to answer without knowing the context.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Tom Gorman posted:

also ashamed. but yeah, same.

once we start getting to that point the actual numbers stop mattering and it's more a question of how much liquid can I hold.

I mean a couple years ago I'd buy myself a 12 pack for a night where we'd have some company over and get rowdy. Now I buy an eighteen pack or a couple twelves. It also depends if "I'm on a roll."

Sucks when you get a good all night session in and there is only a couple beers left at 3:00am but you know you could drink til sunrise. Gotta plan accordingly. Gotta save a couple for 1pm breakfast too.

Four pack of pints is loving childs play, for dinner on a weeknight.

edit: vvv ding ding ding

20 Blunts fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Apr 21, 2017

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
who gets drunk on beer??

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
1-2 beers and I'm drunk, and it usually ruins my entire next day.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

The Protagonist posted:

who gets drunk on beer??

i do when i drink at a certain old-rear end bar that doesnt serve liquor and seems to exclusively cater to the 60+ white men crowd.
you can smoke in there so it's all good. the proprietor is an 80-something year old woman with big hair who still throws people out when they get out of control.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
what kinda beer we talking about? 3.2 swill to relax with after mowing the lawn in August? dad beer? 5-6% craft stuff? insanely high abv super xtreeeeeeeeme bullshit?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
One beer

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I drink liquor like an adult.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Fun fact, 1 regular bottle/can of beer is a bit under half the volume of your standard wine bottle. Wine bottles are sorta designed to appear larger than they actually are so most people think there's more liquid in there.

Senior Management
Jul 3, 2011

Does it still count as one beer if it also has vodka mixed in it?

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Vynar posted:

Does it still count as one beer if it also has vodka mixed in it?

dont be gross

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Are we talkin' normal drunk, white girl drunk, or streaking down main street drunk?

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006
I appreciate the poll OP

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Too many, and not enough.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
it only takes one beer to get me drunk

but I'm not sure if it's the ninth or tenth!

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I Am A Robot posted:

I appreciate the poll OP

I'm not voting for personal reasons.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
beer is just a chaser for hard liquor op

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I black out before I get drunk.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
230 beers. :munch:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I've had thousands of beers and I'm still not a drunk OP.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
one hundred billion beers

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

I get drunk from smelling the aroma of booze.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!
beer is for pussies who want to be gassy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
3 or 4 if I'm allowed to add vodka.

• Locked thread