Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Ultimate Mango posted:

Where's the chicken? Seems like a crock of sauce based on the "recipes"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

you gotta drink the chicken

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I think its for chicken noddles in a crockpot.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Ultimate Mango posted:

Where's the equals signs

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Where's the equals signs

That's the problem, it's an inequality.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

well i'm gonna enjoy my orange chicken soup made out of 1 quart bbq sauce and a whole jar of orange marmalade

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
The hamburger flavor pizzaburger from a while ago reminded me, when I was in college there was this hole-in-the-wall pizza place on the way to campus. They had dirt cheap slices of pepperoni or cheese served in sheet format. the dough was freshly made and fantastic. The cheese and sauce were nothing amazing but still a solid 5/10. Nothing else in that price point came close. One time they asked me "hey do you want some hamburger pizza?" and I said sure and got a slice for free. It was ketchup/yellow mustard as "sauce" with hamburger meat, american and sharp cheddar, slivers of onion, and pickle. Everything was at the PERFECT ratio of ingredients, it was amazing. A good-rear end burger + fixins with top notch pizza dough instead of a bun. They closed down a year later or so. :smith:

I have never had another good "hamburger pizza" since then. Sometimes there's way too much ketchup or pickle. Sometimes it's just burger meat + american cheese with pizza sauce. They were all bad in their own way. Guess I will have to experiment at home to try and make a good pizzaburg.

Back to AFP, what is the grossest looking pizza you've ever liked? I had one that was wild mushroom duxelle (brown plorpy diarrhea lookin poo poo) as sauce, with gorgonzola crumbles and caramelized onions. Various shades between brown and white, with a hint of blue. You know how moldy bread sometimes gets that blue/green twinge of mold? Imagine if a smore got moldy like that. That's exactly how the pizza looked. Tasted fantastic.

For reference, here is what duxelle looks like. Now imagine melted bleu cheese on top, riddled with translucent planaria. You got a winner right there.

HookedOnChthonics posted:

I had some challah come out pretty :pwn: recently:

I really need to get better at braiding :doh:

Iä! Iä! Cthallah fhtagn! :cthulhu:
he is risen

WITCHCRAFT has a new favorite as of 07:12 on Apr 21, 2017

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

The Saddest Rhino posted:

well i'm gonna enjoy my orange chicken soup made out of 1 quart bbq sauce and a whole jar of orange marmalade

:same:

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

I would happily order that, but ask for either no hotdog or Italian sausage instead.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

RareAcumen posted:

Well, since we're back on posting normal food again, lemme submit this

Anyone know what it's supposed to be?

Spit cake / chimney cake.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Something, something, loss edits, something something.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

idgi

Loss? Cracker sex? Rutting on the Ritz?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

The Bloop posted:

idgi

Loss? Cracker sex? Rutting on the Ritz?

'Media Sexploitation' by Wilson Bryan Key posted:

Ritz crackers, which are baked and distributed under licensing agreements with Nabisco in a dozen nations, offer purchasers much more than merely a crunchy eating experience.

Take half a dozen crackers out of the box and line them up on the table, face upward. Now relax, and let your eyes linger on each cracker—one at a time. Do not strain to see the surface, however. Usually in about ten seconds, you will perceive the message. Embedded on both sides of each cracker is a mosaic of SEXes.

The number and precise location of each SEX embed appear to depend upon the temperature and time during which each cracker was baked. The SEXes are apparently embedded in the molds pressing out the dough. When baked, the SEX patterns vary slightly from cracker to cracker.

SEX embeds, which at first appear to be crude jokes, have quite profound behavioral implications. The effects upon society of intense, long-term bombardment of subliminal stimuli have been completely ignored by social and behavioral scientists.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

The effects of schizophrenia, however, have not.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

p-hop posted:

For reference, here is what duxelle looks like. Now imagine melted bleu cheese on top, riddled with translucent planaria. You got a winner right there.

Iä! Iä! Cthallah fhtagn! :cthulhu:
he is risen

I've made duxelle before, and it's drat good but I seem to remember it has a poo poo ton of butter in it. So you're putting butter-sauce on your pizza.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

So....who's going to bite the bullet and make these for the thread?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
One of my relatives made this chicken with some sort of sauce that was out of this world, and when I asked her about it she claims that its made from Italian salad dressing, onion soup mix, and apricot jelly. I'm kinda scared to try to make it myself but drat, it really was excellent.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Samfucius posted:

I've made duxelle before, and it's drat good but I seem to remember it has a poo poo ton of butter in it. So you're putting butter-sauce on your pizza.

I see zero problems with this.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

a sexual elk posted:

So....who's going to bite the bullet and make these for the thread?

Some of those might actually wreck your crock pot if you decide to take those "recipes" literally. Especially the first one.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Samfucius posted:

A friend of mine runs a pizza shop. Recently he got mad at someone on his morning crew who was responsible for making a butter sauce that involved, naturally, melted and clarified butter.
Seems the morning prep guy got lazy and used olive oil instead of butter. I don't imagine it tasted great.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

p-hop posted:

The hamburger flavor pizzaburger from a while ago reminded me, when I was in college there was this hole-in-the-wall pizza place on the way to campus. They had dirt cheap slices of pepperoni or cheese served in sheet format. the dough was freshly made and fantastic. The cheese and sauce were nothing amazing but still a solid 5/10. Nothing else in that price point came close. One time they asked me "hey do you want some hamburger pizza?" and I said sure and got a slice for free. It was ketchup/yellow mustard as "sauce" with hamburger meat, american and sharp cheddar, slivers of onion, and pickle. Everything was at the PERFECT ratio of ingredients, it was amazing. A good-rear end burger + fixins with top notch pizza dough instead of a bun. They closed down a year later or so. :smith:

A local pizza place in Loveland had a delicious hotdog pizza with cheese, onions and a mustard sauce as the base. It was amazing. They've taken it off the menu because the owner hated it; we all beg to have it back, maybe even just for opening day (it had a baseball-themed name that I've since forgotten), but no dice.

Larosa's recently had a cheeseburger pizza but it was way WAY too heavy on the mustard and pickle. No balance at all.

A tiny pizza place near where I grew up had a great cheeseburger pizza, and I've always been looking for a decent replacement. Not found it yet.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

The Saddest Rhino posted:

chicken soup for the hole

Carnival of Shrews
Mar 27, 2013

You're not David Attenborough

Mr.Radar posted:

Totally would tho

In contrast, 1970's British Eggs Florentine:

The 'recipe' is as grimly self-explanatory as it looks. It's from The Hamlyn All-Colour Cookbook by Mary Berry - yes, that Mary Berry - which also includes ham-stuffed mayonnaise peaches, and kipper meringue pie:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I like dumb gross food but my line is drawn at ham stuffed peaches

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Mary Berry made one of her own old canapé recipes on her new show (tinned asparagus wrapped in flattened crustless white bread) and served it to her guests as a joke, it was funny but now I want to tweet her and ask why she didn't do the kipper meringue <:mad:>

Carnival of Shrews
Mar 27, 2013

You're not David Attenborough

Cakefarts Carol posted:

I like dumb gross food but my line is drawn at ham stuffed peaches

In fairness to this book and Mary Berry, at least a third of the recipes are solid old-school winners like lobster cocktail, lamb cobbler, or oranges in Cointreau, which have pretty much looped the loop in terms of food fashion.

More than a few are not fine dining, but delicious, like getting a bunch of canned peach halves, smothering them in double cream in a shallow Pyrex dish, sprinkling everything in brown sugar, and grilling the Hell out of it.

And then there's stuff like this:

Useless Rabbit
Jan 27, 2009

Ultimate Mango posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkExpbnjsX8

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

There is actually a BBC show called back in time for dinner which made a family live like they were in WWII times which had some interesting things but it was all about making poor person ration food go far enough (and making the mum spend all day cleaning her house), i want to see MB make rich people 1940s mental poo poo

Pseudohog
Apr 4, 2007
Hey, talking about British food in this thread is unfair! We admit it's just the worst, there's no need to keep rubbing it in!

For content, a pizza which I can at least say is better than that Brazilian monstrosity...

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
If that's a kebab+fries pizza, I'm ok with that. If when I'm really drunk.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

mng posted:

:same:

but im always really drunk.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

mng posted:

same but I don't need an excuse to eat that

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

That might be the first thing I've seen in here that has caused me to experience a wave of uncertainty. I can't decide if I'd eat that or not but the look on my face says that my brain has bluescreened.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

For whatever reason, I laugh at anything "ham ____" . Those ham-stuffed peaches are hilarious. Another one that got me was when they served split pea and ham soup at work. Just those two words together. Ham soup. I can't explain why I find it so loving funny.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Picnic Princess posted:

For whatever reason, I laugh at anything "ham ____" . Those ham-stuffed peaches are hilarious. Another one that got me was when they served split pea and ham soup at work. Just those two words together. Ham soup. I can't explain why I find it so loving funny.

You must loved that one napoleon dynamite scene

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I actually quite like ham salad sandwiches but you never see it any more.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

angerbeet posted:

I actually quite like ham salad sandwiches but you never see it any more.

It's still around, at least in south eastern PA. I got hooked on it working in a nursing home during high school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
poo poo, I haven't had a hamspread sandwich in aaaaaages. I'll have to remember to make that at some point.