Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

They gave me a hood. A wizard hood! But even as they gave me a hood and we all celebrated our accomplishment I couldn't shake this feeling that they sold us a future that isn't real. What if I'm poo poo? WHAT IF I'M SHIIIIIIIIT?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
Everyone with a level of introspection and education will develop imposter syndrome to some degree OP. Everyone feels like they're secretly a failure. You just have to remind yourself that you studied for a reason, you graduated for a reason, and you've just gotta fake it until you make it.

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat
Not true, you're both actually failures and everyone knows it.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
Congrats OP. I hope to get there someday.

I never will.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Good job with wizard school or whatever. :science:

ASSASSINS!
Jan 2, 2009
Goongtatulations on your crushing debt!

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Congrats, there are no jobs. Good luck

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

What are you a doctor of now?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

ASSASSINS! posted:

lmfao if you actually paid for grad school. i think every single person in my program was entirely funded and then some.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Goodpancakes posted:

Congrats, there are no jobs. Good luck

Yeah get your lovely wool coat with the arm pads and settle into the university now.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Who graduates in April? What kinda school did you go to, OP?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

I.C. posted:

Who graduates in April? What kinda school did you go to, OP?

could be quarter system. that ends by end of march with grades in first week of april

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I hope for your sake you don't end up in academia. It will break your soul.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

a grad school degree means precisely fuckall as jobs only want experience, and specific experience at that. congrats on your worthless sheet of paper

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

get that OUT of my face posted:

a grad school degree means precisely fuckall as jobs only want experience, and specific experience at that. congrats on your worthless sheet of paper

it was actually insanely useful for civil engineering. most entry level ce jobs want a masters now. cant get a job without experience which you can't have without a job, so ms's are very helpful theer. plus it's always free from any place worth a drat so sure why not

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Why are y'all so dour? Everyone I've ever known who went to grad school is always very unhappy. I thought it was supposed to be fun. You are learning about what you want to learn about, right?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Xaris posted:

it was actually insanely useful for civil engineering. most entry level ce jobs want a masters now. cant get a job without experience which you can't have without a job, so ms's are very helpful theer. plus it's always free from any place worth a drat so sure why not
please forgive me, i'm extremely cynical about the job market coming from a position of almost 6 years without a career-type job. i just got a certification in medical coding where there are apparently zero entry level positions so

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
congrats on your barista job OP

hurry the gently caress UP OP!!!!!!

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
Dude had a goal and worked hard to achieve it. No need to poo poo all over him. Jesus.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Bareback Werewolf posted:

Dude had a goal and worked hard to get it. No need to poo poo all over him. Jesus.

is lil babby mad?

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

There are a few niche industries (not counting academia) where graduate degree is pretty necessary. Outside of those it's about if you have the experience and you know your poo poo. That's what i've seen anyhow.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Chinatown posted:

is lil babby mad?

wtf?

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
was gonna make a snarky comment about grad school, but i'll seriously congratulate you instead.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
I dunno, I only got my job because I have a master's. I didn't end up in the field I wanted, but I make more money than I ever thought I would.
Student loans do suck though.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007
Congrats Nom. Good luck out there in the big world with your new badass degree.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I don't know why everyone goes so crazy doing it. I know it's annoying, but I thought that was the point. Like, you weathered the horrible storms of being a TA and no one understanding your passion for whatever except for like three people. And then you get an education! Sounds exhilarating.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
no one uses a goddamn gently caress you humble bragging piece of poo poo! Use your fancy rear end "book learning" to go get a job and act like your life matters.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
BECAUSE IT SURE AS gently caress DOESNT

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
ITT OP's PhD broke peoples brains.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
Goddammit could you even be a more conceited broke brain stupid piece of poo poo

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
You are the loving scum of this world.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Congrats Dr Goon PhD!

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Congrats, what did you get your degree in?

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
this stupid motherfuck thought it was cool he fuckin god some gay piece of paper handed to him because he's a dipshit with too much money

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
Like lmao I hope to God you decided to use you're degree to help those without eductation

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Iron Prince posted:

this stupid motherfuck thought it was cool he fuckin god some gay piece of paper handed to him because he's a dipshit with too much money

Im sorry you dropped out, clearly the world was not ready for your brilliance.

naem
May 29, 2011

remigious posted:

I dunno, I only got my job because I have a master's. I didn't end up in the field I wanted, but I make more money than I ever thought I would.
Student loans do suck though.

same

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
Because lmao you thought it was cool to brag about it on GBS while the rest of the world struggles to even have a high school equivalent

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

ASSASSINS! posted:

I went to a well accredited yet still local state school and ended up getting a BA and an MA for the cost that a lot of other people I know ended up getting strictly a BA for so it's not so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
gently caress you you piece of ahit

Telsa Cola posted:

Im sorry you dropped out, clearly the world was not ready for your brilliance.

ur tax dollars pay for my school. I survived a war after all

• Locked thread