Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
Wow, that's a quick turnaround from movie to TV show! I also appreciate that they are planning such a progressive cast.

quote:

Kong: Skull Island, the second entry in Warner Bros.’ “MonsterVerse,” which also includes 2014’s Godzilla, as well as the upcoming film Godzilla: King of Monsters (2019), and the inevitable Godzilla vs. Kong (2020), hit theaters just over a month ago.

Now, as reported by Deadline, there will be a not-totally-related King Kong TV show called King Kong Skull Island. It will reportedly feature “a female-led, multicultural ensemble that delves into the wonders and horrors of Skull Island and its origins.”

quote:

The live-action series will be written by The Bye Bye Man’s Jonathan Penner and Stacy Title, adapted from the novelization of Merian C. Cooper’s original 1932 film King Kong and DeVito Artworks’ Skull Island comics. IM Global is co-producing the series (it does not yet have a network attached), and president Mark Stern explained the choice to Deadline saying “There’s clearly a deep and abiding interest in this timeless story.” A timeless story about a really big animal that exists in the same universe as a different really big animal. Coming to a small screen near you.

The first two films in the “MonsterVerse” have together raked in over $1 billion for Warner Bros. at the box office, so it’s clear why TV producers would want in. And it is, I suppose, worth noting that both those films have Rotten Tomatoes scores about three times those of the studio’s recent superhero films, Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice (28 percent) and the Academy Award-winning Suicide Squad (25 percent).

Full article here: https://www.theverge.com/2017/4/18/15345772/kong-skull-island-tv-show-monsterverse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
i hope that super chill stick insect is back

poor dude took a few bullets but he seemed like a cool guy

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I haven't seen the movie yet please don't post spoilers

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
all of your favorites will be back also the famous actors that are multicultural and female

also this show will certainly last more than one season because it involves skulls

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
haha female led multicultural buzzword cast I give it 4 episodes before it gets moved to a different timeslot and then quietly cancelled 2-3 eps later

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
again with the skull threads I do not appreciate this cultural appropriation

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I still haven't seen the movie but my grandpa was loving thrilled every time he saw the trailer on TV—"They're making a sequel to King Kong??"

I should go see it with him.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I really sincerely enjoyed Skull Island but I would never in a million years watch a TV show... Lol could you imagine

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
I never saw the movie nor the trailers, what's it about? How did they manage to make it an hour and a half and now a whole TV series? It's just a big ape, shoot bullets at it and take all the oil it's guarding or whatever.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i wish there was a forum devoted to skulls

:sigh:

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
It would be really cheap if they shot this in Detroit

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Shadow0 posted:

I never saw the movie nor the trailers, what's it about? How did they manage to make it an hour and a half and now a whole TV series? It's just a big ape, shoot bullets at it and take all the oil it's guarding or whatever.

Are you for real or have you not heard of King Kong before?

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Captain Yossarian posted:

Are you for real or have you not heard of King Kong before?

No poo poo. How can you not know that king Kong is made of bullets so shooting him only makes him bigger

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
Wasn't "Bye-Bye Man" rated one of the worst movies of 2016? Sounds promising!

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Shadow0 posted:

everything on the island is big, so theres basically infinite sequels/episodes

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
also other big islands i think

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Shadow0 posted:

Then it'll start throwing flaming oil barrels at you

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

quote:

Academy Award-winning Suicide Squad

Is almost as embarrassing to say out loud as

quote:

Democratically Elected President Donald Trump

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

a hole-y ghost posted:

I still haven't seen the movie but my grandpa was loving thrilled every time he saw the trailer on TV—"They're making a sequel to King Kong??"

I should go see it with him.

you should its dope and it will tickle his nostalgia bones

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
The big season 1 reveal is monster island is actually a peninsula

Sodomeow
Sep 26, 2015
Can't wait OP

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Skull Island teh TV series will never be as good as Gilligans Island the TV series until the Harlem Globetrotters show up for an episode.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
This gonna be like every hour-long action-drama poo poo fest out now. You won't see Kong until the third season, and it'll mostly be about a bunch of people scowling and being overly serious about their predicament.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
To think this is the price we pay just to have Godzilla fight loving King Ghodorah like we all wanted back in 2014.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

"Female-led"

Calling it now, Queen Kong

Woden
May 6, 2006

Fallows posted:

everything on the island is big, so theres basically infinite sequels/episodes

If there's giant humans I'm in, if not it sounds boring as poo poo.

Oh look we found a snake, but it's big whooooa.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Woden posted:

If there's giant humans I'm in, if not it sounds boring as poo poo.

Oh look we found a snake, but it's big whooooa.

Wouldn't it be more boring with giant humans?

Oh look we found a giant snake, but it's normal tiny snake size from our giant perspective Whoopdeedoo.

It'd save on the effects budget, though.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
The 50-Foot Woman and the Amazing Colossal Man's Skull Island Mysteries

The pair solve mysteries on Skull Island, as the title suggests.

Woden
May 6, 2006

Frankenstyle posted:

Wouldn't it be more boring with giant humans?

Oh look we found a giant snake, but it's normal tiny snake size from our giant perspective Whoopdeedoo.

It'd save on the effects budget, though.

I mean normal sized humans find a tribe of giant humans or the like, lots of possible ways go with that.

I just really don't get the appeal of giant frogs this week, giant koalas the next etc. Maybe this show just isn't for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

Woden posted:

I just really don't get the appeal of giant frogs this week, giant koalas the next etc. Maybe this show just isn't for me.

no poo poo, moron

• Locked thread