Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Alternate: The face of a Butters who sees you posted that picture of him being too fat to fit in the purse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart

Chili posted:

Been too long.

Caption Contest Time!

14/f/cali

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

That is a really goddamn adorable photo of Butterscotch.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

"She 'liked' my post! She really did!"

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Chili posted:

Been too long.

Caption Contest Time!

I.. should have used safe search...

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I sing because I'm happy
I sing because I'm free
My eye is on the laptop
As the Internet watches me

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Chili posted:

Been too long.

Caption Contest Time!

You mean, I can push this button, and Amazon brings us cans of gooshy food?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

triple clutcher
Jul 3, 2012

Chili posted:

Been too long.

Caption Contest Time!

"Meow us a song, you're the Butters cat
Meow us a song tonight
Well we're all in the mood for a furry belly
And we think that feline's alright ..."

Maully Millions
Aug 10, 2014

Inappropriate.

Chili posted:

Been too long.

Caption Contest Time!

Chili! Pet Island is fat shaming me again!

*meowy at any size*

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

Chili posted:

Been too long.

Caption Contest Time!

Not enough tuna in my dinner last night! SAD!

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I don't have a caption but I keep coming back to that picture and it just delights me :allears:

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Chicken Doodle posted:

Not enough tuna in my dinner last night! SAD!

We need Twitterscotch.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

triple clutcher posted:

"Meow us a song, you're the Butters cat
Meow us a song tonight
Well we're all in the mood for a furry belly
And we think that feline's alright ..."

This is great. See, it's a piano.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

mistaya posted:

We need Twitterscotch.

Be careful what you wish for...

https://twitter.com/Bscotchthecat1

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Caution: This account is temporarily restricted
You’re seeing this warning because there has been some unusual activity from this account. Do you still want to view it?

:confused:

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Fixed. Let's see how long I can keep this gimmick up.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

Chili posted:

Fixed. Let's see how long I can keep this gimmick up.

Faved, RT'd, follow'd, and every other engagement I could find buttons for. Time to see how well I can apply my social media graph :getin:

Also, my wife said, and I quote: "He's going big time, huh? ... uh, no pun intended" :haw:

also my vote is for the kraft singles caption, because LMAO

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Chili posted:

Be careful what you wish for...

https://twitter.com/Bscotchthecat1

Account is following 1 person: @GuyFieri

:v:

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Chili posted:

Been too long.

Caption Contest Time!

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Not now Chili, I'm raiding!

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
Does this count as a foster fail?

I never got kitty to relax around me. In fact, she's getting more and more hostile. While she will come out at night and hang out, if I get out of bed she hides again. And she started getting more and more food possessive, growling and smacking at me when I went to put the food down. I'm afraid she hasn't warmed up to me much at all.

I was willing to go the distance but she's still pretty feral and isn't thriving. In the meantime we've received another cat that would do very poorly in the shelter, whereas my current foster was thriving there, and the new foster is not adoptable. She's also cat aggressive and shy, so since I have no other pets and live in a quiet home, they've asked me to be her long-term foster, and they'll take my current girl back to the shelter where she seemed to do better.

This works out best for all involved, and maybe I got in over my head, but I really was hoping I could tame her just a bit. I just hope I didn't cause her to regress or something.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
hon. a feral is a forever cat.

:3:

you are literally domesticating a cat.

you still should get a go pro or tape your phone to your head in film mode so we can get pictures.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Maggie Fletcher posted:

This works out best for all involved, and maybe I got in over my head, but I really was hoping I could tame her just a bit. I just hope I didn't cause her to regress or something.

poo poo happens, some cats are just weird. I'm sure she'll be fine and you're still helping kitties so you shouldn't feel bad.

You still gotta post pics of the new kitty though.

luloo123
Aug 25, 2008

Maggie Fletcher posted:

Does this count as a foster fail?

I never got kitty to relax around me. In fact, she's getting more and more hostile. While she will come out at night and hang out, if I get out of bed she hides again. And she started getting more and more food possessive, growling and smacking at me when I went to put the food down. I'm afraid she hasn't warmed up to me much at all.

I was willing to go the distance but she's still pretty feral and isn't thriving. In the meantime we've received another cat that would do very poorly in the shelter, whereas my current foster was thriving there, and the new foster is not adoptable. She's also cat aggressive and shy, so since I have no other pets and live in a quiet home, they've asked me to be her long-term foster, and they'll take my current girl back to the shelter where she seemed to do better.

You did your best. You gave her tons of love, and hopefully, that glimmer will stay with her and help her the next time a kind soul takes her in. She just wasn't ready yet. She might just need other cats around to teach her how cushy the life of a domesticated cat can be.

Snicket approves:

I've shared the story of Snicket here before, so I wanted to let everyone know the good news! Snicket was diagnosed with Chronic Kidney Failure about 10 months ago (not the good news). We just had another round of blood tests yesterday, and her Creatinine levels are almost normal. One of her other levels is still high, but much lower than it was four months ago. Pretty good considering the rough state her kidneys are in. We had a bunch of very scary months, but things have been much better lately. As you can probably tell, I'm over the moon about these results.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

So my new cat is a) tentatively named Shyguy, b) starting to come out for pets, and c) bit my girlfriend by accident. He was enjoying scratches and brushings and from what I understand (I wasn't there when it happened) tried a love bite and pressed down too hard. She messaged me from the urgent care clinic in tears thinking Shyguy didn't like her. I think it's because he doesn't know how rough he's playing or biting because he was stuck in a cage for two years.

How can I discourage him from those nips and bites without sending him right back into his shell? When he came to me for pets (and I was so excited) and tried to nibble my fingers, I told him no and stopped petting him. Waited a little while, went back to petting, and when he tried it again, repeated it. This is what the cat care book suggests.

He's also getting neutered tomorrow and that supposedly mellows out male cats. Raising a boy cat is new to me.

(BTW I keep posting here because he's technically a rescue, is that ok?)

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I gotta thank this thread for helping with my adorable fuzzball. That thing about how cats might like paper towels or something for covering their food was helpful. Joy kept digging around her food bowl, and I remembered that, and gave her a hand towel. Now she just digs the towel over it and stops instead of eternal floor digging!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSwldYVgIiD/ Happy cat face

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

queserasera posted:

How can I discourage him from those nips and bites without sending him right back into his shell? When he came to me for pets (and I was so excited) and tried to nibble my fingers, I told him no and stopped petting him. Waited a little while, went back to petting, and when he tried it again, repeated it. This is what the cat care book suggests.

He's also getting neutered tomorrow and that supposedly mellows out male cats. Raising a boy cat is new to me.

(BTW I keep posting here because he's technically a rescue, is that ok?)

Neutering will mellow him out a bit but the trick is to watch the tail.

Tail relaxed? Cat relaxed. Tail wagging or lashing? Cat is nervous or just overstimulated. Pause in the pets or the brushing and give them a few minutes to chill out. Max would get too riled up and bite (not hard, but not nips either) when I first got her home. Sometimes even just one or too strokes would be too much. I paired a verbal cue "Be Nice!" with reinforcement, so if there's a nip then stop petting and completely ignore the cat. Go do something else, so they have a real time-out period. The cat likes petting and attention, and will eventually figure out nips means no pets.

Also just to throw it out there: NEVER play with your cat with your hands. Hands are not toys. If a previous owner played with hands, kitty will need to unlearn that and it might take longer.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
I'm terrible about that. My hands are among Esme's favorite toys.

But I also stop as soon as she starts getting too rowdy, and she's learning to make soft paws when playing.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

mistaya posted:

Also just to throw it out there: NEVER play with your cat with your hands. Hands are not toys. If a previous owner played with hands, kitty will need to unlearn that and it might take longer.

I never could stop doing that, now my hands are covered with all kinds of glorious scars

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
I'd often scruffle Rocky's ears and grab at his face (he liked the attention), but he'd never play with my hand. He'd just hold it against his head and rub his cheek on my fingers.

Feet, on the other hand, were there for rasslin'.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

I've got an old oven mitt I use when Catface is in the mood for rasslin'.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Radio! posted:

I just get a scarred up hand, as God intended

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Radio! posted:

This seems oddly appropriate for Catface

(Post her so the thread can understand)

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Kavak posted:

This seems oddly appropriate for Catface

(Post her so the thread can understand)

I will never pass up an opportunity to talk about my dumb cat on the internet!

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Radio! posted:

I will never pass up an opportunity to talk about my dumb cat on the internet!

Such majesty...

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I always thought my spirit animal was a Pallas cat but nope it's straight up just Catface. Stubby limbs and all.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Chili posted:

Been too long.

Caption Contest Time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JuVHCJVYf4

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
Thanks everyone for the kind words. Every time I feel like we're seeing some progress, she reverts back. I do think she'll do better with other kitties instead of just me, and this new foster has a much greater need. I knew this would be a challenge, but it's a weird feeling to have a cat not like me (my departed old girl was with me since kittenhood and we were pretty bonded).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Maggie Fletcher posted:

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Every time I feel like we're seeing some progress, she reverts back. I do think she'll do better with other kitties instead of just me, and this new foster has a much greater need. I knew this would be a challenge, but it's a weird feeling to have a cat not like me (my departed old girl was with me since kittenhood and we were pretty bonded).

some are almost wild animals and after years will display at best GRUDGING acceptance of your proximity, its just a time and a lot of patience thing, i definitely wouldn't suggest it for a first go round though, its rough. Nurse one thats hurt or sick back to health and i think you'll get a lot more out of it. (of course keep in mind that has the possibility of going pretty sideways as well) Your hearts in the right place i think, but i think you just need more feedback as an owner and get some confidence that you are doing the right thing as opposed to just getting intermittent hostility and aloofness. just my 2 cents, which could be completely wrong naturally as i am prone to being.