Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Your club management has failed horribly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

True, but if offering way over market for a player won't work, they're basically hosed anyway.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

True, but if offering way over market for a player won't work, they're basically hosed anyway.
That's true

I think they hosed up by employing coach Taylor and putting so much emphasis on retaining the rookie halves that underperformed constantly

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Bit of a silver lining losing Woods though surely? He's a lazy gently caress these days and is on massive coin

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If Woods ain't gonna play 60 as captain he's not worth the investment

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

cpaf posted:

Bit of a silver lining losing Woods though surely? He's a lazy gently caress these days and is on massive coin

That's my biggest source of happiness in all this.

Teddy is the massive loss.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
This sucks it really does. We were gutted in 2013 and 2014.

The tigers are cashed up they will find some good players. The knights is the bigger problem because nobody wants to go there.

I remember when we signed waqa (on overs) and he didnt backflip. I was so loving happy. A lot of the Raiders recent signings have been lucky/clever. Rapana was just playing local footy after he got cut by the brumbies training squad. How weird/lucky is that.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Jesus. You poor bastards.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

bowmore posted:

I think they hosed up by employing coach Taylor

True since day one.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Happy to call that Rapana try the try of the year so far

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

So which one out of Cartwright or sticky will busy a blood vessel first?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Dear croker

How does it feel to lose the game twice for your team?

(I know I'm being harsh since he hit the post on a sideline conversion but lol)

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Yesss :woop: bad luck Raiders

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I dont think ive ever been this angry after a game lol.

Just at how loving stupid we are. How can a team be this dumb. I just dont get it. I really dont. Im literally flabbergasted at that display.

Dont get me wrong manly were the better side but we could have probably stole that if we werent so loving stupid

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Stop with the bullshit
Stop acting like the biggest dickheads this side of the australian cricket team of the 90s
Just put your head down and play some footy you dimwitted clownshow.

You can play stupid or you can play like thugs. Stupid thugs arent winning poo poo

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Stop with the bullshit
Stop acting like the biggest dickheads this side of the australian cricket team of the 90s
Just put your head down and play some footy you dimwitted clownshow.

You can play stupid or you can play like thugs. Stupid thugs arent winning poo poo

They had me cheering for Dylan loving Walker of the Manly loving Sea Eagles that's how dickheadish the Raiders are

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Yep. I hate manly but I was actively laughing when they won - Canberra were acting like dickheads and hosed up multiple chances to win (they should have had a try at the end but croker hosed up a 5 on 2 overlap somehow). They deserved the karma of losing to a goal after the poo poo talking to walker and the multiple idiotic penalties.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Im sorry but what the gently caress was that broncos try

HAHAHA sims reaction so good

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

aejix posted:

Im sorry but what the gently caress was that broncos try

HAHAHA sims reaction so good

Sims had no loving idea if he'd hosed up or done good :D

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

The commentators had no clue and were legit making me angry

"It might be a try by the rules, but (waffle waffle waffle)"

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
it was a funny bullshit try

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
pretty funny that Farah is second string to Cook

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Apparently we are penalising decent hits now?

also why did he kick when he was supposed to go off?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

It was a hilarious try and I hope more forwards start lingering in random "not offside" positions to try to snaffle one like it.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
It still wasn't as bad as the Jennings "passive offside" try bullshit in Origin.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
I dont think i would ever walk again if i copped what milford just got.

Edit: god drat that field goal on his wrong foot, especially after that horrible pass to him in the first place

aejix fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Apr 21, 2017

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Hahaha refs getting paid by the Broncos tonight

How do you miss that clear knock on before the field goal

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol Broncos win another one with a freebie tie, loving refs

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Id be looking at his bank account since the ref was staring at the ball ten metres in front of him

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Yeah souths completely robbed hahah

Shameful

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

I must be one eyed as hell then, cos I don't see the knock on. He has control when it hits the ground, a great pickup and good off foot drop goal.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Dirty Frank posted:

I must be one eyed as hell then, cos I don't see the knock on. He has control when it hits the ground, a great pickup and good off foot drop goal.

I've only watched three replays but it looked like a stone cold knock on. Anywhere else on the field would have been pulled up, I have no idea how they missed it.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

iajanus posted:

I've only watched three replays but it looked like a stone cold knock on. Anywhere else on the field would have been pulled up, I have no idea how they missed it.

I've watched again, I guess it comes down to definition of control. For me he has control when the ball hits the ground and he doesn't loose control, so no knock on.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Dirty Frank posted:

I've watched again, I guess it comes down to definition of control. For me he has control when the ball hits the ground and he doesn't loose control, so no knock on.

I'll watch it again tomorrow when I'm sober since I'm currently laughing my head off at Brisbane knocking out Western Sydney in the soccer.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Refs couldn't believe how easy that was for Elliot there, almost like they were looking for a reason to not award it

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
They always try and take tries off us, any excuse to check

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Good game from Parra, listened to the triple m call and they really shut down the panfers.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Any excuse to give the Cowboys a penalty....

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Miracle finish time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Ok, am I mad or was the winning try for the titans a no try? 13 was offside at the kick, well within 10m throughout the play and made a contribution to the try?

• Locked thread