Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Automobiles. Of course these weapons of mass destruction are far too powerful and easy to steal. Allowing these insanely dangerous tools to be available to anyone with minimal government over sight is absolute insanity. It's ridiculous that society has been normalized to such savagery taking place daily on the city streets has been allowed to take place by elected officials sworn to protect us.
http://www.aftonbladet.se/ledare/a/lo7r9/rensa-stockholm-stoppa-bilarna

After that we'll have to get rid of knives. Obviously. They are just too dangerous for the common man to own. These rising crime rates are out of control.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/13/violent-crime-rise-every-corner-country-figures-suggest/

Seems like this type of thing wasn't a big deal historically, I wonder what recent events could have changed things so dramatically?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
bad ops: unsafe at any regdate

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Harrower posted:

Automobiles. Of course these weapons of mass destruction are far too powerful and easy to steal. Allowing these insanely dangerous tools to be available to anyone with minimal government over sight is absolute insanity. It's ridiculous that society has been normalized to such savagery taking place daily on the city streets has been allowed to take place by elected officials sworn to protect us.
http://www.aftonbladet.se/ledare/a/lo7r9/rensa-stockholm-stoppa-bilarna

After that we'll have to get rid of knives. Obviously. They are just too dangerous for the common man to own. These rising crime rates are out of control.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/13/violent-crime-rise-every-corner-country-figures-suggest/

Seems like this type of thing wasn't a big deal historically, I wonder what recent events could have changed things so dramatically?

In all seriousness once self driving vehicle technology is in place, they will likely have installed automatic overrides if you want to run people over. So this one is legitimately a matter of time despite your sarcasm.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
change your oil filter every 10000 miles. dont let this happen to you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckAwT9AkRgE

BRB pooping
Apr 17, 2008
Not to gently caress up your narrative there chief, but the opinionpiece you linked about the cars is about taking measures to stop traffic entering pedestrian areas, albeit with some clickbait lines.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

Blazing Ownager posted:

In all seriousness once self driving vehicle technology is in place, they will likely have installed automatic overrides if you want to run people over. So this one is legitimately a matter of time despite your sarcasm.

It's impossible to compromise electronic devices security. Especially if you are determined and have direct hardware access.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

gary oldmans diary posted:

that is why you always get the undercoating

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Imagine one of these beasts barreling down on you while you are minding your own business near a city street.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxVvx0X-Efc

Tingfinder
Oct 21, 2013
I get the point, but you should have gone with the fact that you are more likely to be killed by a baby with a gun,or a wild animal, than a terrorist, and it's not even on the top 100 causes of death.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

gary oldmans diary posted:

having the proper rear spoiler for that make/model would have given it the extra hp at the ground it needed to take that turn

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
when I opened this thread I expected "white women" because they are the root cause of every evil afflicting western civilization, but I guess you aren't woke enough yet OP

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Hubris and a lack of infrastructure funding will kill everyone.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bob James posted:

Hubris and a lack of infrastructure funding will kill everyone.

polonium does the same as well

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Orkin Mang posted:

polonium does the same as well

Tea fuels the british empire and russian assassination

Ban tea

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

Creamed Cormp posted:

when I opened this thread I expected "white women" because they are the root cause of every evil afflicting western civilization, but I guess you aren't woke enough yet OP

I haven't come into physical contact with a white woman for 15 years.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
Disappointed this thread is not about the unicorn frappuccino

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
The issue isn't ALL cars, just radical cars

You people are so autophobic it's disgusting

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Harrower posted:

I haven't come into physical contact with a white woman for 15 years.

teach me your wisdom, sensei

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
This thread can be about anything you want. I believe in free speech.

Creamed Cormp posted:

teach me your wisdom, sensei

Just stay inside all day only leaving under cover of darkness. Wear dark clothing and a MAGA hat at all times. Mutter incoherently to yourself if anyone comes near.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Harrower posted:

Just stay inside all day only leaving under cover of darkness. Wear dark clothing and a MAGA hat at all times. Mutter incoherently to yourself if anyone comes near.

I'm good then.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
i would have said that increasing political polarisation coupled with modern blasphemy laws and customs making parts of the left unrelateable while probable economic displacement due to technological advancements and large-scale population movements likely to activate the hardcore reactionaries among us are greater threats, but this post has turned me around.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
This is what the gun lobby has been saying for years!

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
The orange man-child in the white house is easily the biggest threat.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
everyone does backflips for tesla and about how they're leading the way and doing soooooo loving good for the environment and yet elon musk loving shits himself if he hears of a tesla dealer selling one of his cars for a penny less than sticker price

you know who you need to sell these loving electric cars to, if the actual loving goal is saving the environment? poor people. poor motherfuckers who have to commute every single loving day to their lovely jobs. the people who are actually generating all that pollution are the ones who need to be behind the loving wheel of these electric scooter buggies, not the overpaid dipshit tech nerds for whom the goddamn thing will just be a conversation piece once he realizes he actually wants vroom vroom car and can afford those million dollar italian pussy magnets

find a way to make it affordable or just go gently caress yourself, musk. and gently caress you for going into space; can't bother to stick around and try to unfuck this planet, can you? gotta see if there's another planet out there you can blow aliens for zorbobux to fund your solar powered dickpunching machine

oh my god i hate people

Woden
May 6, 2006

I AM THE TOILET posted:

everyone does backflips for tesla and about how they're leading the way and doing soooooo loving good for the environment and yet elon musk loving shits himself if he hears of a tesla dealer selling one of his cars for a penny less than sticker price

you know who you need to sell these loving electric cars to, if the actual loving goal is saving the environment? poor people. poor motherfuckers who have to commute every single loving day to their lovely jobs. the people who are actually generating all that pollution are the ones who need to be behind the loving wheel of these electric scooter buggies, not the overpaid dipshit tech nerds for whom the goddamn thing will just be a conversation piece once he realizes he actually wants vroom vroom car and can afford those million dollar italian pussy magnets

find a way to make it affordable or just go gently caress yourself, musk. and gently caress you for going into space; can't bother to stick around and try to unfuck this planet, can you? gotta see if there's another planet out there you can blow aliens for zorbobux to fund your solar powered dickpunching machine

oh my god i hate people

That his plan though, gouge the tech nerds with a shoddily put together and permanently in beta car to fund a cheaper one for the masses.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Mexican day laborers long ago figured out a far more fuel-efficient method of transportation than Elon Musk. It's called piling eight guys into the back of a pickup truck.

Bam. Instant fuel efficiency.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
that will never happen; it's a giant goddamn toy for people with too much money, and musk is going to spend the rest of his undeserved life swimming in money and basking in the glory of his own shittiness

he dresses in steve jobs drag and jacks himself off screaming at the top of his lungs

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007
I thought his plan was to get us off oil?

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
no he wants you to oil him so HE can get off

dance, dance little monkey for your tech savior godman - don't you want futurecar

don't you want to go to spaaaaaaaaace

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

I AM THE TOILET posted:

no he wants you to oil him so HE can get off

dance, dance little monkey for your tech savior godman - don't you want futurecar

don't you want to go to spaaaaaaaaace

Space does sound great. :allears:

I thought space travel made people's eyes squish and we haven't figured out what to do about it yet.
http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2017/03/04/518214299/doctor-launches-vision-quest-to-help-astronauts-eyeballs

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

solar energy panel posted:

I thought space travel made people's eyes squish and we haven't figured out what to do about it yet.
http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2017/03/04/518214299/doctor-launches-vision-quest-to-help-astronauts-eyeballs
the article says a vacuum pump applied to the lower regions can solve the problem by reducing internal liquid pressures to the skull

(9 months from now)
CNN reports: All Male Astronauts Are Coming Back to Earth with Gigantic Cocks!

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
nobody reading this will ever go to space

your children will not go to space

and their children won't

and their children won't

space is a luxury trip for the ultra rich that will never yield anything of any use to anyone on this gay earth

stop giving these people attention they want you to look at them SO BAD when they strap their rich asses to a rocket so they can facetime with an ink pen spinning next to them "see this? I'm gonna be the one to save humanity. I got the idea from playing mass effect"

planet loving earth is your tomb

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

solar energy panel posted:

Squishy eyes is a fair price to pay for not sharing the planet and its air with Tumblerites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Overpopulation is an issue that the 30-40,000 people who die in car wrecks each year are gracious enough to help mitigate, original poster (OP).

• Locked thread