Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

lol I wish. This jerk sleeps 6 hours a night. That includes waking up two hours after falling asleep to potty and for his second wind, running around crazy like a cat and chewing everything. Then again two hours later to potty. He only naps like an hour a day!

At the vet :3: he's new vet is rad, she's like 25 and cute as hell. She was the emergency doc on duty when the accident happened :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Are dog-friendly work environments a new thing or is just because of the advent of social media because I want to go to there

I keep hearing and seeing poo poo about them. Talk about a good way to boost moral and de-stress. I always thought the Military needed a barracks dog or more dogs somehow aside from MP ones

also that's a good dog

Tech companies, basically. Too a lesser extent, fashion and media.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
I'm wondering how they manage to have no people with allergies there. I mean I adore dogs, but I couldn't work in a room full of them without wanting to claw my eyes out from the itching.

It might still be worth it, but not much work would get done.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Guess they ask if anyone has allergies first

So you can tell them to preemptively take benadryl and suck it up

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Its hilarious how satisfied he is with himself when he catches the ball with no fumbles
https://www.instagram.com/p/BTEtpWmgNar/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BS02tz2AvzC/

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Hahaha

https://m.imgur.com/H5KVe4n?r

And

https://m.imgur.com/1I2L3Yg?r

https://m.imgur.com/Oh2p18M?r

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

pookel posted:

I'm wondering how they manage to have no people with allergies there. I mean I adore dogs, but I couldn't work in a room full of them without wanting to claw my eyes out from the itching.

The way my company does it is if anyone in your team or nearby area doesn't like dogs or has allergies then the dog can't come to work. So basically anyone near your work area can veto a dog.

Also if it's horribly behaved or bothers people or relieves itself on the floor all the time it has to go home and can't come back.

The rest of the rules are basically boilerplate stuff about liability and not being in food service areas, etc.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

pookel posted:

I had bad allergies, but then got 5 years of treatments to make then go away. My dog allergy is completely gone. But cat is still miserable. I can't enter a room a cat is in without my epipen ready just in case. Or walk through Bermuda grass without my feet swelling up. But I can pet puppies now.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Speaking of office doggos, here's an awesome dog I pet at work today:

I think he was technically inside the "no dogs" cafe boundary zone, but I didn't narc on him because he's supper fluffy and chill af.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Really likes his bag, I'm guessing because it's cool. Meanwhile dog bed and my bed lie unused...

He also loves sleeping under my bed, sometimes moves there at night. He usually sleeps on my bed though. He's not much of a cuddler, but again, probably the heat

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

milk milk lemonade posted:

Which dog park is that?

Bear Creek is the best. Best drat dog park on the planet.

Yeah, Bear Creek. I try to take him every day after work. Absolutely love that place. I need to go out for one of their poop scooping events because Frank drops the occasional bomb I miss. Last one was "April Stool's day" but it snowed and we stayed in bed.

I honestly don't know how to describe it besides the best drat dog park I've been to, because of size, elevation changes, scenery, there's lots of room for as busy as that place gets.

If you see Frank and I out there, don't let my stupid huge beard dissuade you from saying hi. We're pretty nice and I carry treats.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Dogs at work: I'm slowly trying to bring up the idea of taking Frank to work. He's just a lovable goofball that wants pets and I can see him fitting into the warehouse without raising a fuss. He won't even steal bacon off the table, our wall of dog treats is entirely safe. Can't guarantee he won't find a new chew toy though.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Yeah, Bear Creek. I try to take him every day after work. Absolutely love that place. I need to go out for one of their poop scooping events because Frank drops the occasional bomb I miss. Last one was "April Stool's day" but it snowed and we stayed in bed.

I honestly don't know how to describe it besides the best drat dog park I've been to, because of size, elevation changes, scenery, there's lots of room for as busy as that place gets.

If you see Frank and I out there, don't let my stupid huge beard dissuade you from saying hi. We're pretty nice and I carry treats.

Don't live in the Springs anymore unfortunately :-/ I thought it was Bear Creek but I thought maybe Cheyenne looked too small from there

But yah the scenery, space was amazing there. My dogs would play in the stream for an hour then go tear rear end up and down the hill in the northwest corner. I'd spend a ton of time between there and hiking with my dogs off leash at Palmer Park. Miss all that stuff

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
We were on the top of that northwest hill, above that mansion with the creepy entertainer van, for that picture.

I haven't bothered with Palmer Park or Rampart dog park or the one in Fountain. We dead-head straight for Bear Creek after work, even if it is 20 odd minutes each way or traffic sucks. Worst part is trying to get into Bear Creek on the weekends, just waiting to see a fistfight over a spot.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
The actual Palmer Park dog park is a pile of garbage, but if your dog has good recall I always enjoyed the trails past the park. There's a good 3-4 miles of hiking to be had and dogs are allowed to be off leash iirc

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Well then I am on that like flies on poo poo one of these weekends.

Here's an old Frank photo from when we were couch surfing with a good friend.

Someone was sleepy.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Good morning, friends. Hope everyone has a splendid day!

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
My day is already better, thanks to you, Monty. :kimchi:

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

Naked Bear posted:

My day is already better, thanks to you, Monty. :kimchi:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I like Monty's eyebrows

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Goober Peas posted:

I like Monty

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Keep me safe tech doggo

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Mike-o posted:

Keep me safe tech doggo

Keep me safe tech doggo

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Syrian Lannister posted:

Keep me safe tech doggo

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Syrian Lannister posted:

Keep me safe tech doggo

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Sorry for lovely quality, was far away at the stoplight with crappy phone camera.

Barcley
Jan 26, 2004

---

Soiled Meat

Mike-o posted:

Keep me safe tech doggo

Keep me safe tech doggo

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Anyone ever do/use the bark box thing? I think loot crates are dumb but those look kinda cool and fun

-edit nvm signed up, why not. Free one since I used my friends referral

For your troubles:

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Apr 21, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Someone told me the toys are cheaply made but I also buy out of the clearance rack at the pet store because I buy toys with the intention of letting Monty destroy them.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Just make sure you check the dates on any treats you get from Barkbox.

Frank gets walgreens holiday stuffed animals from the day after. $10 for a stuffed bunny half the size of Frank.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Apr 21, 2017

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Being a good boy takes a lot of energy, ok?

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
How come collies manage to look surprised at some of the shapes they work themselves into?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Surprised there are no pets being delivered, maybe.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Happy Friday!!!

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/ImogenRW/status/854338632131510272?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Kerbtree posted:

How come collies manage to look surprised at some of the shapes they work themselves into?

pets that belly

h3r0n
Dec 22, 2005

Growing is hard work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

h3r0n posted:

Growing is hard work.
oh my gooooood :kimchi: