Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Those guys have electricity? Would they have to salt the lamb to preserve it?

Well, even the PA dutch goes to Costco. poo poo's legit.

Praise be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

maniacripper posted:

Half of Florida still believes poo poo like this http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/halal.asp

i like the part where they have to be playing Allah Akbar on loop in a slaughterhouse.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Those guys have electricity? Would they have to salt the lamb to preserve it?

Well, even the PA dutch goes to Costco. poo poo's legit.

Praise be.

That's Amish, but they are PA dutch also. Its one of those square/rectangle things, there's a much larger ethnic group that you call PA dutch around here.

Anyway they are notoriously cheap and love their deals so gently caress yeah they go to costco. They probably try to haggle with the cashier also.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Imagine a piping fresh dog covered in onion and deli mestard, and a big beefy Pepsi Co. soda next to it.

Imagine it all for 1.5 usd

:swoon:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I’d make eye contact with him and fart. I did it all the time for like two years. I didn’t even know his full name, just heard that his coworkers thought he was a nut for complaining about “the guy who would fart on me in the break room”

FogHelmut posted:

Yeah, this might get me banned from the thread, but certain items aren't cheaper at Costco. I got a chest freezer on sale at Best Buy for about $100 less than Costco.

Costco's stuff won't necessarily be the cheapest but it will usually be the best at that price point. I've had very few Costco duds.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

One of the big pluses for Costco is the membership aspect seems to deter any morons from shopping there so you're way less likely to encounter some shitlord paying for everything in quarters or a dickhead holding up everybody else because he thought that his 12 pack of drumsticks was 50 cents cheaper.

I saw one guy try that once and a team of four employees went in to haul him off to the side so nobody had to be held up.

Tony quidprano fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Apr 21, 2017

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Imagine a piping fresh dog covered in onion and deli mestard, and a big beefy Pepsi Co. soda next to it.

Imagine it all for 1.5 usd

:swoon:

No need to imagine, friend. There's 1/4+ lb. of beef waiting for you just around the corner.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
Got all hot and bothered by all the Costco talk, had to get their wiener inside me immediately.

All that food and infinite soda for $3.76 after tax!!! Wealth beyond measure, outlander. Wealth beyond measure.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Huge_Midget posted:

Got all hot and bothered by all the Costco talk, had to get their wiener inside me immediately.

All that food and infinite soda for $3.76 after tax!!! Wealth beyond measure, outlander. Wealth beyond measure.

ketchup...

guillotine

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

Xaris posted:

ketchup...

guillotine

Ehhhh there was deli mustard too. Don't dog shame, that's not the 'Co way.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Costco takes every kind and welcomes them. They may be wrong! But that is OK!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I went to costco yesterday and started scoping out the dog line from the back of the line for a til. carefully measuring and calculating the time needed to get through, but from the time i got in the checkout line to the time i got through the checkout line, it never moved. There was only 1 guy working in there, and i guess the guy at the front ordered something complicated or some poo poo, because the line wasn't going anywhere.

I ended up leaving without 1/4 pound of all beef in my belly, so when i got home i dug into the 2lb bag of broccoli i got there. Biggest mistake of my life. All night i was releasing the most vile toxic gas, if i had a cat, it surely would have been killed by it.

Hopefully others can learn from my mistake, no matter how long the line, don't leave without your $1.50 dog. It's not worth it.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Citizen Tayne posted:

Costco's stuff won't necessarily be the cheapest but it will usually be the best at that price point. I've had very few Costco duds.

I gladly pay a lil extra at Costco to get that sick return policy. like I posted earlier I broke my Costco air conditioner by being a stupid idiot and even though it was 3 years old and I broke it they took it back in exchange for $300 cash money that I definitely did not spend entirely on hot dogs.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
What exactly is a "chicken bake" again?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

What exactly is a "chicken bake" again?

Chicken and cheese hot pocket filled with caesar dressing.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Huge_Midget posted:

congratulations on your 3000 calories

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

No Butt Stuff posted:

congratulations on your 3000 calories

With a name like No Butt Stuff you sure are Butt Hurt.

:cool:

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Fellis posted:

Trip report:

Fuuuck I wish ours carried duck.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Meydey posted:

The dad in me really wants to make a lame duck joke.

Well after he's finished tell him to post.

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?

Huge_Midget posted:

That's a full days calories for lunch. They should serve that to the homeless.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Relevant Tangent posted:

Fuuuck I wish ours carried duck.

I want a giant frozen lamb to bludgeon people with, then roast.

Prude
Nov 28, 2010

by Reene

Shamino posted:

That's a full days calories for lunch. They should serve that to the homeless.

just lol @ these fuckin morons who focus on the calories instead of the value, such as a hot dog and drink for ONLY $1.50

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

And these bastards at Hello Fresh are knocking on my door trying to charge me $20 for one meal that I have to cook myself.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Prude posted:

just lol @ these fuckin morons who focus on the calories instead of the value, such as a hot dog and drink for ONLY $1.50

Think of the calories/dollars. If you're on a diet cut that doggie up and eat for pennies a meal.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
Can we talk about Costco's red cups? 240 red cups, perfect for playing drinking games and you don't need to go to the corner store before a party and pay marked up prices!

~thank you Costco~

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
One dollar

Fifty Cents

QUARTER POUND PLUS

All Beef, inside and out

HOT DOG

w/ a fountain drink

IN MY MOUTH

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

BaconCopter posted:

One dollar

Fifty Cents

QUARTER POUND PLUS

All Beef, inside and out

HOT DOG

w/ a fountain drink

IN MY MOUTH

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

using the mozzarella shred from costco i can make a 14 inch cheese pizza from scratch for about 2 bucks

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i like to just shovel shredded cheese directly into my mouth

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

i like to just shovel shredded cheese directly into my mouth

:respek:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I got the Kirkland vodka for the first time, there were two tiers and I went for the more expensive one and some very normal looking old grandma lady in the line was telling me how the less expensive one was actually really good.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I got the Kirkland vodka for the first time, there were two tiers and I went for the more expensive one and some very normal looking old grandma lady in the line was telling me how the less expensive one was actually really good.

iirc I think Kirkland Vodka is rebranded Grey goose? i've never tried them side-by-side but that's been the rumors for awhile now. I'm not sure what you're referring to more expensive and less expensive, I thought they only had 1 but I might have missed it.

e: I guess jury is out but most people say Costco vodka is even slightly better but pretty loving similar overall so w/e. Costco owns

Xaris fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Apr 25, 2017

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Xaris posted:

iirc I think Kirkland Vodka is rebranded Grey goose? i've never tried them side-by-side. I'm not sure what you're referring to more expensive and less expensive, I thought they only had 1 but I might have missed it.

Kirkland makes two vodkas, a Smirnoff/absolute tier and the grey goose tier, p sure it's like a 3-7 dollar difference. gently caress the cheap one

Also eat a Dog!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

It was a 6/7 dollar difference for a full handle, yes. The fancy bottle is a little much.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I mean "much" in the sense of it is a huge ostentatious glass bottle that looks just ridiculous.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Sigh...Costco'd again.
Yesterday I bought a $40 neck rest thing for my wife for traveling from Amazon. Went into a warehouse today and dammit, Costco is selling on very similar for $11.99. Now I have to send the Amazon one back.
Also, the Tukwila warehouse has 1/2 a pallet left of the Harvest Creek Buffalo Chicken in a can on clearance,. 4 pack for $5.97. Holy poo poo that is good. Bought 2 packs and might have to go back for more before its gone.

This is the poo poo: https://www.amazon.com/Harvest-Creek-shredded-chicken-12-5-oz/dp/B00V51K0WQ

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Meydey posted:

Sigh...Costco'd again.
Yesterday I bought a $40 neck rest thing for my wife for traveling from Amazon. Went into a warehouse today and dammit, Costco is selling on very similar for $11.99. Now I have to send the Amazon one back.
Also, the Tukwila warehouse has 1/2 a pallet left of the Harvest Creek Buffalo Chicken in a can on clearance,. 4 pack for $5.97. Holy poo poo that is good. Bought 2 packs and might have to go back for more before its gone.

This is the poo poo: https://www.amazon.com/Harvest-Creek-shredded-chicken-12-5-oz/dp/B00V51K0WQ

Holy poo poo there's almost 80% of the daily allotment of sodium in those

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i had no idea canned buffalo chicken existed. half if me wants to be repulsed but i would probably smash cans of that on the reg so

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Kelp Me! posted:

Holy poo poo there's almost 80% of the daily allotment of sodium in those

You should be proud to die so that Costco might flourish. It's in the membership packet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Hell yea one of those and you only got 20% more to go?! Very efficient.