Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Mighty Mouse break Silva's defense record?
This poll is closed.
Yes 35 28.93%
Umm, yes 36 29.75%
Yep 12 9.92%
yeh 38 31.40%
Total: 121 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I always knew that Eddie Gordo was the Ultimate Fighter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Le Saboteur posted:

Seems like there's a lot of good human stories in this season too which is a nice change.

Yeah, I am happy they did this. Changes up the vibe of the show a bit which was starting to get needed.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Julian Lane had so many chances to bang in the first episode and he resisted the urge. He's a changed man.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Cody seems like a dumbass but he's really loyal

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
I think you forgot the most important part of the first episode... #hardworkdedication

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Let me know when Stripper Ramsey makes an appearance

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://www.tmz.com/2017/04/20/ronda-rousey-engaged-travis-browne-married/

Travis Browne Babies

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Good move for Travis, you gotta strike while the iron is vulnerable at rock bottom, but still rich as hell. Gotta lock it down with an anchor baby quickly, though.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.
I'm just skipping to the end of the thread from page 41 to say that Chillanese mind raped and/or paid me to post his opinions on "weed should be legal" or whatever the gently caress. He's the guy who got asked in his sleep who the new forum mod should be by uniformed officers for some reason.

Happy birthday Snoop Dogg, or Hitler, or whatever the hell 4/20 is about.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Their kid is gonna be born with a 180-day no-contact medical suspension.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
drat that kid will be MMA royalty like Ryan Coture, or any of the Gracie's with a 1-3 all time MMA record.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Wise Learned Man posted:

:drat:

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Wise Learned Man posted:

Work Friend Keven posted:

drat that kid will be MMA royalty like Ryan Coture, or any of the Gracie's with a 1-3 all time MMA record.

lol

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010

Unfunny Poster posted:

Diego Sanchez has a new nickname? Isn't this his third one?
I vaguely remember it being The Nightmare, then The Dream, and now Lionheart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgADtBlKVkk

Also I could watch Diego Sanchez videos all day.

I had asked myself, "What nickname defines you? What defines you as a fighter?" for me it's Woman Chick.
[voiceover] ..by far the most intense individual I have ever come across in my life..

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Lol at TJ not trying to laugh and then cracking up at Gilbert GNPing to grunts of "Hard work!"

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
*Mike "Woman Chick" Perry and Eddie Bravo convince Diego Sanchez and Joe Rogan on his podcast that the Woman Chick is the deadliest of the species*
*Diego changes his nickname to Lionessheart on the spot like when the nightmare became the dream*

Has the new Julian Lane edition of TUF started? Happy birthday Hitler indeed.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yes, and no he has not had a chance to bang.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Foul Fowl posted:

i think light heavyweight was really cool for a while because you had an unbroken continuity between elite fighters like liddell, ortiz, couture etc. who got hosed up by machida, rashad, shogun, rampage, bader etc.

iirc evans/machida was the first title fight between undefeated fighters in ufc history. and machida crushed him to put an exclamation point on the most dominant winning streak i've ever seen, and then he put on an all time great fight with shogun, and then shogun beat him, and then jones killed everyone and then his own career. so no one is taking cormier or anyone else in the division seriously except for maybe rumble because his streak is reminiscent of machida's and he never lost to jones, and now he's retired.

i also really wonder if fighters who are coming up are deliberately avoiding 205 as much as possible because of jones.

while you may be technically right that he was undefeated, rashad would have lost to tito but for a point deduction

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yes, and no he has not had a chance to bang.

sounds like i haven't missed anything
*Artem Lobov is disgusted by the whole display and says he would give either one of the Lionessheart and the Woman Chick a Russian Hammering, while looking very serious at Ariel Helwani, who nods politely*

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
a well informed fan: it's the new owners, guys like Vulcan Vikington don't even get a chance anymore.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
If Artem wins this weekend we must all meet at The Kiln and enact The Pact.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
rashad may have improved as a fighter but in broad moral value the near-loss to tito ortiz was a sure sign of the turd he would prove himself to be by inflicting his painfully boring and bemusing fights on us for years to come

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Rashad's last loss was a decision to Dan Kelly, who is an an elite, ranked middleweight, so I'm not so sure his best years are behind him.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Neurosis posted:

rashad may have improved as a fighter but in broad moral value the near-loss to tito ortiz was a sure sign of the turd he would prove himself to be by inflicting his painfully boring and bemusing fights on us for years to come

I may be remembering wrong, but i thought Rashad beat the gently caress out of tito and ended him with body shots.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Mr. Nice! posted:

I may be remembering wrong, but i thought Rashad beat the gently caress out of tito and ended him with body shots.

That was the rematch. They fought to a tepid draw before Rashad fought Chuck.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It went Tito (Draw), Bisping (Split Decision), Lidell (KO), Forrest (TKO).

I also don't think Rashad has had an absolutely awful run but that's me.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Unfunny Poster posted:

It went Tito (Draw), Bisping (Split Decision), Lidell (KO), Forrest (TKO).

I also don't think Rashad has had an absolutely awful run but that's me.

awful in the sense of his wikipedia record, no, awful in every other way, absolutely.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Rashads fights arent nearly as bad as you guys always make it out to be. Also mark hunt sucks too.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CommonShore posted:

That was the rematch. They fought to a tepid draw before Rashad fought Chuck.

Gotcha. I don't think a 2007 draw with Tito is a bad thing necessarily (even if the fight was terrible). It's not like he got beat like Bader did in 2011. In 2007 Tito had just barely started his slide and MMMSRE was still relatively green. It makes sense that he would struggle with a grizzled vet at the time.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Nierbo posted:

Rashads fights arent nearly as bad as you guys always make it out to be.

I agree with you on this overall, but Rashad does have some extremely, relentlessly terrible fights that are permanently seared on our brains, and he also is guilty of the high crime of beating the poo poo out of and finishing a fighter who is universally popular on SomethingAwful. He is the proto-Woodley.

E: Mr Nice is right and I should add I mean this in a historical context. Of late Rashad has not looked good or interesting ever in a fight he has won.

Bluedeanie fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Apr 21, 2017

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nierbo posted:

Rashads fights arent nearly as bad as you guys always make it out to be. Also mark hunt sucks too.

For the past 5-6 years Rashad has opted to play pattycake more with his opponents than engage them unless he seriously outclasses them.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Bluedeanie posted:

Rashad does have some extremely, relentlessly terrible fights. He is the proto-Woodley.
I paid actual real life money to travel to and see live the steaming turd that was UFC 161 and got to see both Rashad and Woodley on the same card. And Jake Shields.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
UFC badly needs Jake Shields back.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
I'm just going to keep saying poo poo until fdog gets so pissed off he can't help but join back to call me a name.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Frankie Edgar, uhh, sucks and isn't cool at all and uhh, I definitely wouldn't suck him off.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The only good Rashad fight was when Lyoto murked him

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The only good Rashad fight was when Lyoto murked him

If you didn't jump out of your seat after Rashad cracked rampage in the first round after all that TUF buildup I don't think you should be watching MMA.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Nierbo posted:

I'm just going to keep saying poo poo until fdog gets so pissed off he can't help but join back to call me a name.

I've been trying this in increasingly less subtle ways over the last month and now everyone just thinks I'm retarded

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I'd never suck Frankie Edgar off...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nierbo posted:

If you didn't jump out of your seat after Rashad cracked rampage in the first round after all that TUF buildup I don't think you should be watching MMA.

It was literally the only thing that happened in that fight

• Locked thread