Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

tpink posted:

This is a lie and I don't care for it :argh:

How new is tpink actually, i was gonna ask anyways and stumbled across this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

whoops i meant tired moritz

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Samfucius posted:

whoops i meant tired moritz

I think I remember playing with him in some game last year (hopefully I'm not mixing him up with something else), so that's why I made that comment. I don't know how active he actually is though, so don't overread this pre-D1 comment. :)

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: The Current :psylon: Day 1 Votecount :c:

100YrsofAttitude (3): Pinterest Mom, Max, tpink, -tpink, Somberbrero, its me glenda, -its me glenda, -Max, Murmur Twin
Moatillata (3): this is a stickup, Ernie., its me glenda, Samfucius, -its me glenda
The Lord of Hats (2): Birdstrike, 100YrsofAttitude
tpink (2): Uranium Phoenix, its me glenda
TMMadman (1): Murmur Twin
Quandary (1): Moatillata, Max, -Max
Kashuno (1): TMMadman
Max (1): Tired Moritz
CCKeane (1): wins32767
Murmur Twin (1): its me glenda, Birdstrike, -its me glenda, -Birdstrike, Quandary
Spoonsy (0): Max, -Max, Birdstrike, -Birdstrike
this is a stickup (0): Moatillata, -Moatillata
Pinterest Mom (0): Birdstrike, -Birdstrike
its me glenda (0): Murmur Twin, -Murmur Twin
Tired Moritz (0): Birdstrike, -Birdstrike

Not Voting (9): CCKeane, Kashuno, KhyrosFinalCut, Max, merk, Mithross, Spoonsy, The Lord of Hats, tpink

:h: With 24 players alive, it takes 13 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is April 24th, 2017 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Murmur Twin posted:

Like, just to be completely straight-up about it - I think you're scum, both because of your content (town reads) and because of your reaction to a very loose d1 case on you.

But I'm put off at the idea that you will actually get angry at me if I try and case you and don't know how to proceed because at the end of the day this is all about having fun.

Reads a bit like caught scum that don't like how they were caught, but he may also just be angry.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

tpink posted:

I think I remember playing with him in some game last year (hopefully I'm not mixing him up with something else), so that's why I made that comment. I don't know how active he actually is though, so don't overread this pre-D1 comment. :)

I asked because I didn't like this post

moritz posted:

now kiss

Because it seems like he is reading the thread but not really participating. Which is exactly what I did as a new person, but also what scum does.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Max posted:

Reads a bit like caught scum that don't like how they were caught, but he may also just be angry.

I've definitely been frustrated with my meta before, but on the other hand my meta is "bad at mafia" and I am frustrated with myself. :shrug:

I don't really see the tmm thing though.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

My scumbo list is not very long, basically just moat and maybe 100. Pmom and Quan had single posts that I wasn't a big fan of, neither of those really turned into true suspicion tho.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Hey stickup you around?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Why are you still joke voting me

[/quote
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote
[/quote]

lmao look at this fool ##vote moat
[/quote]

When you have been throwing shade everywhere else?

this is a stickup posted:

you probably are though

I'm implying that 100yrs is scum, and thus the town will not hope he is still in the game

I think my mind read it as 'let's hope we'll all still be in the game'. I was sleepy :shobon:

I am raising one eyebrow at this post, intensely

Also why didnt you post at all last night even though you were on discord?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
##unvote

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I Agree That The Madman Is Scum.

##vote TMM

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
##vote stickums

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i am the best because there is no meta against me

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Tmm apart from you who the scum?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Birdstrike posted:

its u

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I played enough that I know TMM and MT enough to make dumb jokes

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

:wow:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

Like, just to be completely straight-up about it - I think you're scum, both because of your content (town reads) and because of your reaction to a very loose d1 case on you.

But I'm put off at the idea that you will actually get angry at me if I try and case you and don't know how to proceed because at the end of the day this is all about having fun.

I have said I think 2 out of 24 people are likely to be town AND I gave my reasons for thinking that way. And those two people are probably the people I've played with the most in this game outside of Kash.

And my reaction isn't really to the case so much as it is to your constant use of whether I'm polite or argumentative on D1 as your basis of it because I just think it's bullshit. Especially since I've fooled you before by getting 'angry' when you've called me polite before. Essentially, I just find it irritating as hell that you don't seem to want to even try to let me change my meta, even though I haven't even been playing lately. I mean outside of replacing into the FF4 game where I got immediately killed, I haven't played a game since the Katamari game where you took something equally as dumb called me scum. I mean yeah, I was scum in that game, but not because of the reason you picked out on D1.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

TMMadman posted:

I have said I think 2 out of 24 people are likely to be town AND I gave my reasons for thinking that way. And those two people are probably the people I've played with the most in this game outside of Kash.

And my reaction isn't really to the case so much as it is to your constant use of whether I'm polite or argumentative on D1 as your basis of it because I just think it's bullshit. Especially since I've fooled you before by getting 'angry' when you've called me polite before. Essentially, I just find it irritating as hell that you don't seem to want to even try to let me change my meta, even though I haven't even been playing lately. I mean outside of replacing into the FF4 game where I got immediately killed, I haven't played a game since the Katamari game where you took something equally as dumb called me scum. I mean yeah, I was scum in that game, but not because of the reason you picked out on D1.

Who do you think is scum and why?

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
This is the fastest I have ever seen a game of this size get serious. it's intimidating and wonderful and I'm sad that pmom's post wasn't tailor made for this game. I thought that the references to people who weren't in this game were like old accounts.

So what's going on? As of a readthru just now here are the players I've formed opinions on.

PMom -- Believable case on 100Yrs (i.e. seems genuine) and in conjunction with that, the first mover mindset to push us out of jokes basically asap feels towny. I'm not super persuaded by the case but I believe without hesitation that Pmom believes it.
Samfucius -- I caught a couple early callouts and It looked a little snipey but after that he's pretty clearly engaged and I feel like it's towny how he came to the Moatilla vote. "I stumbled upon this while trying to make a joke" strikes me as hard to fake.
tpink -- mealy mouthed half defense of 100yrs. hangs a lantern on it. Angsts about whether or not to believe their mealy mouthed defense when MT Votes 100yrs. UP makes a strong case and defends it well later.

The other thing that stood out from the morass was birdstrike's callout on LOH. and the followup. Would vote there as well.

I don't understand the TMM case. will try to give it another look over the weekend.

Happy to ##vote tpink for now.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Like given that

(a) the last time I was suspicious of you I was right (Katamari) and
(b) you've said yourself that you've gotten me to back of a scum read on you by acting angry at me

I find it hard to regret opening up d1 with the "scum TMM is polite" thing because it leads to our interacting in the game and playing Mafia. I mean, right?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Birdstrike posted:

Well, I'm not scum, but I'm a little suspicious of Keane right now. I think his vote on me is kind of garbage. Remember, he floated the idea I was scum earlier, but then didn't vote on it until after MMT voted and a couple other people have said they also think I might be scum. Seems like he wanted to float the idea and see if picked up any traction.

I also suspect there is a scum in the group of Max/tpink/glenda. Those three were all fairly quick to jump on 100 Years train and they have since moved off of it.

I'm wary of Max because he is doesn't really seem to be posting any opinions. I found it incredibly ironic that he posted this:

Max posted:

I mean that question honestly, Spoonsy hasn't really expressed an opinion one way or another on anyone in this game so far.

But, if you go look at all his posts, he has no real opinion on anyone except for: 1) spoonsy is cursed to roll scum and 2) a vote for Quandary for this post:

Quandary posted:

I don't think moat is scum just dumb mostly. I don't like the post just now where samfucius voted moat for talking a lot though, that's an opportunistic rear end vote with a shockingly horrible reason after a tiny bit of pressure by others made a moat vote look ok

but then less than 12 hours later, here is what Max has to say:

Max posted:

Also I have a vote on Quandary for some reason that I can't remember. ##unvote

You know, after looking and thinking at that a bit more, I think I will go ahead and ##unvote and ##vote Max

Tpink and glenda have both been somewhat scummy and other people have pointed it out, but I'm going to have to go back into the arguments over the weekend to see if there is anything really there.

I am also suspicious of Kash, but some of that is just natural suspicion and some of it just that he's saying he's sick and not posting. So I'm kind of giving that a pass right now but it's there in the back of my head.

I don't think anyone else has really stood out for me just yet.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

Like given that

(a) the last time I was suspicious of you I was right (Katamari) and
(b) you've said yourself that you've gotten me to back of a scum read on you by acting angry at me

I find it hard to regret opening up d1 with the "scum TMM is polite" thing because it leads to our interacting in the game and playing Mafia. I mean, right?

But do you understand why I'm frustrated, right? Because I don't think it leads to actual genuine interaction. It just feels like you want me pegged into a little box that you can check off instead of actually letting me play my own game.

I'm mean if I don't get irritated at your poke, then I must be scum, but if I get too irritated then I'm also scum. I don't want to have to make a billion angry posts every time I'm town just to convince people I'm town.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
Max is also terrible, I had an iso of him open while I was writing my last post that I was going to read a second time since the first one was so unhelpful in forming an opinion but got distracted. Trying again I agree with TMM. Enough not there/checked out to ping the scumdar.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I kind of want to leave mmt "tmm is olive scum" tmm: "f u" alone for now my list is
hats
tpink
max
maybe somber idk

maybe you all kill me idk

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Maybe they're both scum and just stirring the pot.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Tired Moritz posted:

Maybe they're both scum and just stirring the pot.

T R U E

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

TMMadman posted:

But do you understand why I'm frustrated, right? Because I don't think it leads to actual genuine interaction. It just feels like you want me pegged into a little box that you can check off instead of actually letting me play my own game.

I'm mean if I don't get irritated at your poke, then I must be scum, but if I get too irritated then I'm also scum. I don't want to have to make a billion angry posts every time I'm town just to convince people I'm town.

For you it's "Polite TMM is scum", for me it's "Murmur is manufacturing content" (which is used on me no matter what I say). People incorrectly attribute meta reads all the time to me and while I acknoweldge it's annoying, I've always just seen it as one of those things that we sign up for when we agree to play.

As you said, the last time we played I called you as scum, didn't push hard enough, and town lost -can you blame me for maybe wanting to be more critical of you in the subsequent game? Like I'll admit that even now I'm reading this conversation and wondering if we're genuinely chatting or if you're trying to manipulate me - I just find that to be fun :j:

I saw an effortpost though (and don't remember how my votes are distributed right now) so will reset to:

##unvote
##unvote2
##vote 100Years

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Quandary, stickup, keane

Those are my scum hottakes right now.

To a lesser extent maybe another person or lurker dunno

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

##unvote
##vote lord of hats

hi all :D

someone play a ~dangerous~ game with me

Let's play 'Two Lies, One Breadcrumb'

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Moatillata posted:

Quandary, stickup, keane

Those are my scum hottakes right now.

To a lesser extent maybe another person or lurker dunno

how could you have a scum read on a lurker lol

are you just posting random words that sound like you're playing mafia

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Moatillata posted:

Why are you still joke voting me

When you have been throwing shade everywhere else?

Also why didnt you post at all last night even though you were on discord?

moat you should go back to trying like you did in bk's game, you actually did well instead of pretending to participate (like now)

you obviously went back through my post history, which means you definitely saw when I voted 100yrs. I had forgotten I ever joke voted you when I did so. you knew that I voted 100yrs when you made this post, and you are trying to spin it like you caught me :lol:

I'm on discord because myst is played on discord, and myst has been taking up a lot of time. I didn't post last night because hockey and myst, and also this game had like 4 days until deadline. tonight I haven't posted because somber's game had a deadline and hockey. I'm not going to post until tomorrow because hockey, and also I haven't really read the thread since I stopped posting.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Ernie. posted:

how could you have a scum read on a lurker lol

are you just posting random words that sound like you're playing mafia

So i posted people i would like to lynch ernest

My scum hottakes are stickup quandary and keane

I would also lynch a lurker

Thank ypu god bless

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

you obviously went back through my post history, which means you definitely saw when I voted 100yrs. I had forgotten I ever joke voted you when I did so. you knew that I voted 100yrs when you made this post, and you are trying to spin it like you caught me :lol:

(I forgot to unvote as I didn't even remember joke voting moat, hence "still" joke voting moat. now I am no longer joke voting, but need to read the thread)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Ernie. posted:

##unvote
##vote lord of hats

hi all :D

someone play a ~dangerous~ game with me

Let's play 'Two Lies, One Breadcrumb'

Plain.
I order my steaks well done.
I enjoy seafood.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

moat you should go back to trying like you did in bk's game, you actually did well instead of pretending to participate (like now)

Not pretending and im not gonna put that much effort into mafia again.

Votefinder still has you on me and youve played a bunch of eccogames so i just assumed you knew better

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CCKeane posted:

Plain.
I order my steaks well done.
I enjoy seafood.

I want to be an astronaut when I grow up.
I enjoy it when you recycle your steak joke.
I am going to have more posts in this game than votefinder.

I know which of your sentences is the truth btw.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

hey everybody, keane loves to eat shrimp

because shrimps are the insects of the sea and keane subsists on a diet of nothing but bugs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Moatillata posted:

Not pretending and im not gonna put that much effort into mafia again.

Votefinder still has you on me and youve played a bunch of eccogames so i just assumed you knew better

yeah that's my fault, I just didn't remember

you spinning something you knew like that is interesting enough though

• Locked thread