Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Drunk Theory posted:

Buy now! +17% off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

i've been busy trying to convince my sister to play SC with me in her underwear while cashing ssdi checks for more spaceships and also i'm converting my basement into an idris bridge you may also know me as clifford aka miku

Well you're right on track for a great experience with the 3.0 Jesus Patch coming in NOVEMBER 2017 lmao

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
wasn't 3.0 jesus patch due in obama's america or was that 2.0 i don't evne remember anymore. last I paid attention was the sand worms fake thing livestream

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

wasn't 3.0 jesus patch due in obama's america or was that 2.0 i don't evne remember anymore. last I paid attention was the sand worms fake thing livestream

Chris said it'd be out December 2016, except that now that the date has passed, he never said any such thing

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
has the spectrum been unleashed

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/855501519600459777
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/855603636315017221

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

has the spectrum been unleashed

yes, the RSI forums are no more, and this thread has more activity than spectrum chat does :lol:

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Holy gently caress. I'm dead.

:vince:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Nested
Nested

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

CIG designers have some kind of ideological bias against being able to see things (e.g. helmet obstructions, Starfarer interior...) Their latest concept ship is no different. View from the pilot's seat:

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

if star citizen follows project copernicus, does that mean croberts will run for the senate as a trump republican?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

boviscopophobic posted:

CIG designers have some kind of ideological bias against being able to see things (e.g. helmet obstructions, Starfarer interior...) Their latest concept ship is no different. View from the pilot's seat:

It's almost as if they designed it to look cool without giving any thought to how it would work until it was too late to change anything

Hm what does this remind me of

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

An ironic lack of vision.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
I don't even know why you guys are talking about 3.0. 4.0 is the patch where you are really going to see Star Citizen come together. You'll see.

Ohh that Banu thing for $350--what a deal! Get it quick!!

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Foo Diddley posted:

It's almost as if they designed it to look cool without giving any thought to how it would work until it was too late to change anything

Hm what does this remind me of

Pretty well everything in this "game" so far?

Did I win?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

ripptide posted:

Pretty well everything in this "game" so far?

Did I win?

You did! You win... a spaceship jpeg!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

MinorInconvenience posted:

Then I apologize about the meltdown to your post (although I stand by everything I said in general). ;) As I'm likely the only (competent) individual with an actual law degree that didn't come from a loving crackerjack box who is slumming in this thread (at least as far as I can ascertain from the dearth of legal knowledge displayed here), it hit a little close to home (and the whiskey don't help none), so to speak. No hard feelings, my fellow goon.

:gary:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
SUBSCRIBER FLAIR OPERA MUSHROOM DOES NOT ROTATE

ACTUAL RESULT
Plant is place-able but does not rotate like other plant displays do.

EXPECTED RESULT
After placing the Opera Mushroom on the plant shelf it should rotate like the other plant displays do.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
2.6.3 - STAR MARINE - BALLISTIC RIFLE HAS SOMETHING COVERING SIGHTS.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1 I load up the game and sometimes this is at the end of my rifle.
2 Issue can go away when picking up new ballistic rifles.
3 Issue sometimes hapens after death.

ACTUAL RESULT
It adds something at the end of a Ballistic rifle that interferes with sights making it difficult to fire. No other effect.

EXPECTED RESULT
Nothing should be blocking the sights on the Ballistic riffle but iron sights.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Jorunn_SC/status/855588967713918976

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Foo Diddley posted:

You did! You win... a spaceship jpeg!

More fidelitous than anything in Star Citizen.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

This looks so real and something you can do in game! Buy in now! Here's my code!

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Refactored for more betters

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I am also a real legit lawyer, any beliefs in the realms of jurisprudence that you might entertain are subject to my scorn or approval

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Ghostlight posted:

An ironic lack of vision.

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

spacetoaster posted:

HOLY LOL!!

Buy entry level packages, sell referrals, get refund.

I just want to make sure im getting whats happening here. These guys are selling themselves signing up so other people get referral points?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kosumo posted:

Refactored for more betters

Nobody is going to enroll ten people for that!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

AP posted:

SUBSCRIBER FLAIR OPERA MUSHROOM DOES NOT ROTATE

ACTUAL RESULT
Plant is place-able but does not rotate like other plant displays do.

EXPECTED RESULT
After placing the Opera Mushroom on the plant shelf it should rotate like the other plant displays do.

I keep forgetting this dumb poo poo is in the game.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Terebus posted:

I just want to make sure im getting whats happening here. These guys are selling themselves signing up so other people get referral points?

Yes

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Terebus posted:

Prostitution 1.0 confirmed.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire
Counter today:

I remember the counter being at 146 million something yesterday, 146.7 or 146.8 I think. With some 90,000 yesterday, this can't have gone to 147.2 million.
Am I misremembering yesterday's count?

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

Kayak is saving pc gaming

his nibs fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Apr 22, 2017

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Beexoffel posted:

Counter today:

I remember the counter being at 146 million something yesterday, 146.7 or 146.8 I think. With some 90,000 yesterday, this can't have gone to 147.2 million.
Am I misremembering yesterday's count?

You put too much faith in the counter, It's 100% internally controlled by CiG. I get why journalists don't cover SC news, but I get annoyed when they post "CiG just posted $140m in pledges!" articles where it's obvious they never asked to see a statement from a 3rd party auditor backing that up.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

:vince:

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

This twat is CIGifying the loving version number too. They clearly said it was 0.3.3 in the patch notes (a proper alpha/beta indicator). Unironically done by Turbulent, a different company btw. But he has to go and bork it up to 3.3 to make it sound cooler.

#PrecedingZerosMatter

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

peter gabriel posted:

I'm actualy a lawyer irl so i anyone has any legal questions just ask and be safe in the knowledge that my answer will be definitive and all you need to know

I'm sure you knew this but there's actually no protection in the UK for the title of lawyer, so by claiming it then you are now actually one irl. Trust me, I'm a lawyer.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.
Can someone explain the Archer thing to me? I've got the general idea that it is blatantly ripping off someone's work, but I have a feeling there is a cool story I missed in the weeds somewhere.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

trucutru posted:

This is amazing btw

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

No they are on track to fleece hundreds of thousands of dollars today.

It's what the spergs do when there is a new ship ..... God forsake they wait and play the game and earn it threw gameplay ..... you can just pay to have it now .... it's like pay to win but it's not because they say it's not cos they don't like pay to win.

They are just paying to have later game content now ... but it's not pay to win ... it's a game of skill ... best golf swing radar op wins .... not the better ship that you can buy now (before it or the game is made)

They only are selling these ship now so that people can buy them which will allow them to play different roles in the game to start with .... like the guy who wins fights cos he has a better ship that he paid for ..... that's what the money brought him, a different style of gameplay, in which he can more easily kill the noobs ..... that's not pay to win, it's pay to experience different stuff ... like winning.

Kosumo fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Apr 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Rudager posted:

You put too much faith in the counter, It's 100% internally controlled by CiG. I get why journalists don't cover SC news, but I get annoyed when they post "CiG just posted $140m in pledges!" articles where it's obvious they never asked to see a statement from a 3rd party auditor backing that up.

I realised the counter is fake, but I am surprised that they would introduce contradictions in their own, self-edited counter.
Then again, SC is a fractal of incompetence.