Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

MinibarMatchman posted:

if this is really so triggering for you then lol

Oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
triggered snowflake? need a safe space????

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h9nE2spOw_o

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Its leaked

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

bows1 posted:

Its leaked

is it the bad vinyl leak? If not PM me dude

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Agreed, I still think I'll go back to the original version of Andromeda but this is a good remix.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

I didn't expect a whole hell of a lot after THE FALL, but... drat. This is the most unlistenable album I've heard since that Lou Reed/Metallica album.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

MasterSitsu posted:

I didn't expect a whole hell of a lot after THE FALL, but... drat. This is the most unlistenable album I've heard since that Lou Reed/Metallica album.

There are a couple of poor tracks, but some of the remixes will probably make up for them.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

MasterSitsu posted:

I feel like you don't listen to enough albums.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
actually this album is great

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Junior Jr. posted:

Edit: I just want to add that Purple Disco Machine remix sounds drat GOOD!

Truth!

Still not listening to the album until i have the CD in my hands

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Someone ripped the audio from the app so its apparently a better leak than the vinyl one.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
So it turns out I have like 3 copies of the album now.

The vinyl, the digital copy that comes with the vinyl, and a digital copy for the concert tickets I bought.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Busted and Blue is so good

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

robot roll call posted:

Busted and Blue is so good

I'm looking forward to hearing this one. People are saying it's the El Maņana/Empire Ants of the album :swoon:

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Hedrigall posted:

I'm looking forward to hearing this one. People are saying it's the El Maņana/Empire Ants of the album :swoon:

For me that's Hallelujah Money. They posted that video of it on Trump's inauguration night and it really stuck with me since then. It's probably my favorite on the album which is weird because I didn't think much of it on first listen.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

So did anyone go to one of these house party things? My nearest one's about a 40 minute walk but I can't really be hosed to listen to a probably not very good/stable stream.

robot roll call posted:

For me that's Hallelujah Money. They posted that video of it on Trump's inauguration night and it really stuck with me since then. It's probably my favorite on the album which is weird because I didn't think much of it on first listen.

Yeah after letting that one marinate for a few months I really, really love it.

stev fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Apr 22, 2017

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

MinibarMatchman posted:

if this is really so triggering for you then lol

its definitely a sign of 'triggering' to express mild disagreement about something

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
The album is good. There's no way it's on that level of poo poo like that Lou Reed + Metallica album.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I'm still not feeling it with Hallelujah Money, it doesn't help that the guest looks and sounds like a weird George Takei impersonator. Should've just got the real George Takei to do the poetry bits.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
Album is very good and Hallelujah Money is beautiful

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Hedrigall posted:

It's really chill, but it's way more minimalist than either of those for the record. It's not far from being an a cappella song.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I always thought the characters and the "cartoon" were essentially about making it possible to translate actors or the band to a rendered space in real time. So even if you're not into the cartoon, it's still a cool technological thing to strive for. I'd be interested to see it if they stick to the bit and shoot the cartoon like a sitcom, then edit and publish a render.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Your avatar gave me an idea. Space Ghost should interview them. I would enjoy that.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Junior Jr. posted:

I'm still not feeling it with Hallelujah Money, it doesn't help that the guest looks and sounds like a weird George Takei impersonator. Should've just got the real George Takei to do the poetry bits.

What? Are we listening to the same song here?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Ah yes, the spitting image of noted Japanese-American octogenarian actor George Takei:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

I'm seeing double here! Four George Takeis!

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

I'm sure I'll get some hate here, but in my opinion The Gorillaz first album is really the only "pure" Gorillaz experience. You had this sort of "super-group" on their first with Damon, Miho and Del with the production from Dan the Automator and plus you had Kid Koala involved, it was a match made in heaven. I enjoyed Demon Days and some of Plastic Beach, but it feels each album drifts further and further away from what made the Gorillaz a good and interesting idea. This latest album is so far gone from what I want a Gorillaz album to be it might as well just be something completely different (maybe I would like it better if it WEREN'T Gorillaz).

I'll fully concede that a part of this problem may just be that my thoughts on what the Gorillaz should be doesn't match what Damon and Jamie's idea of what the Gorillaz are, I'm not sure there's much I can do to change my opinion on it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

zandert33 posted:

I'm sure I'll get some hate here, but in my opinion The Gorillaz first album is really the only "pure" Gorillaz experience. You had this sort of "super-group" on their first with Damon, Miho and Del with the production from Dan the Automator and plus you had Kid Koala involved, it was a match made in heaven. I enjoyed Demon Days and some of Plastic Beach, but it feels each album drifts further and further away from what made the Gorillaz a good and interesting idea. This latest album is so far gone from what I want a Gorillaz album to be it might as well just be something completely different (maybe I would like it better if it WEREN'T Gorillaz).

I'll fully concede that a part of this problem may just be that my thoughts on what the Gorillaz should be doesn't match what Damon and Jamie's idea of what the Gorillaz are, I'm not sure there's much I can do to change my opinion on it.

idk if I'd say it's the only "pure" experience but the s/t album and Demon Dayz seem worlds away from Plastic Beach and now Humanz, though I think it's more because there's an insane deluge of guest artists on every song, it's actually a little overwhelming. We're never really going to get something like Double Bass or Kids With Guns again but from what I'e heard, poo poo like Charger or We Got The Power has pieces of that old dark edge or spritely sound to them. The first album was definitely more stripped down and simple because it's mainly Del as the outside help. Now there's so many goddamn people involved I can't even remember who's who.

I'll save further thoughts for when I actually have the whole thing in my hands but this was def people's feelings when it went from Demon Dayz, a very low-fi and shady post-9/11 album to the environmental/waning love set to weirdo electronics of Plastic Beach. I do hope there's a few crunchier numbers on Humanz since I legit missed punchy stuff like 5/4 on Plastic Beach. I really wish we could have had the Leviathan song with The Horrors on Plastic Beach or at least a b-side of it.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I always thought Demon Days was way too well produced and polished and missed the rough edge that I loved in ST.

Plastic Beach felt rough as gently caress again so to me it was a return to form. Typing that out makes me realise how dumb it is.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Another new track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdPyYze2NIA

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

this one was alright, so far they've released some alright tracks and some average ones, but come the day of the album release it should be about decent in general.

it's just all the censored stuff that concerns me and what the album originally turned out to begin with, you can tell from all the edits and buzzing throughout the tracks.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Signed up for this Songkick thing that I was under the impression would notify me when tickets go on sale. It did not and now they're pretty much sold out. Thanks songkick! It's probably just as well, I imagine the tour will be heavy on the new music which has all been pretty bad, in my opinion. Still seems like it would have been a cool show though.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Far too much Albarn on the new track, he needs to step away from the mic and let the collaborators sing more imo.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Steve2911 posted:

Far too much Albarn on the new track, he needs to step away from the mic and let the collaborators sing more imo.

I can't tell if you're serious or not since I don't want to spoil myself on any more tracks. If anything the amount of collabs on this album is almost suffocating

Ganthu
Jan 4, 2013

MinibarMatchman posted:

I can't tell if you're serious or not since I don't want to spoil myself on any more tracks. If anything the amount of collabs on this album is almost suffocating

Pretty sure he's being sarcastic.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Why isn't this on the main album.

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!

This owns.

I personally love all the collaborations... Helps expose me to new artists and gives each song a distinct sound but still keeps the Gorillaz vibe with the production and Damon parts. I'm now a pretty significant Little Dragon fan and the live performances with all the special guests are straight-up magical.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Could you imagine if their albums all sounded like the first one? It's a great album but you can hear its age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

Gumball Gumption posted:

Could you imagine if their albums all sounded like the first one? It's a great album but you can hear its age.

I would love to see an album that Damon, Miho and Del could make today with Dan the Automator producing. It would be great to see an evolution of the first album after 15 years. This isn't an evolution of Gorillaz, this is an completely different species.