Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

HellCopter posted:

That sounds like an incredibly useful power. Why isn't this guy a surgeon? Or a car mechanic?

I wonder if he could fix All Might's injury.

He wants to fix ~society~. For the sake of his large-scale plans, it's to his advantage to keep his Quirk secret. Plus he's an obviously shady guy who'd never be given a license to use his Quirk to operate on people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Kanos posted:

Man, imagine if Overhaul's plan succeeded. Everyone basically collectively poo poo themselves when All Might retired and it's having seismic effects on society. If other pro heroes suddenly lost their powers permanently it would be pretty much the end of the world.

If it is successful it's just a matter of time until all quirks that do not provide an immunity to being shot by dart bullets are gone and the world is ruled by the hardened fists of Red Riot and his eternal rival Tetsutetsu Tetsutestu.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Gyges posted:

If it is successful it's just a matter of time until all quirks that do not provide an immunity to being shot by dart bullets are gone and the world is ruled by the hardened fists of Red Riot and his eternal rival Tetsutetsu Tetsutestu.

But what happens when someone shoots Red Riot with a dart while he's sleeping???????

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I wonder how potent the "lose control" thing is for heteromorphic types like Tsuyu. Would she just lose control of the stretchy tongue? Would she forget how to jump high?

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

PMush Perfect posted:

I wonder how potent the "lose control" thing is for heteromorphic types like Tsuyu. Would she just lose control of the stretchy tongue? Would she forget how to jump high?

Worst case scenario she'd stop being a frog girl.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Eopia posted:

Overhaul must be stopped.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Eopia posted:

don't even joke about that

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
This is no laughing matter. She might croak.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Logicblade posted:

This is no laughing matter. She might croak.

No she won't, she'll forget how.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Slime posted:

No she won't, she'll forget how.

Actually, she'll forget everything else..

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
Following some anime watchers...man, they're going through the exact same "Is Bakugou gonna Sasuke?" phase manga readers did. Aaaand it's gonna take at least a couple years until they get to see Bakugou say gently caress off to the league of villains.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Hopeford posted:

Following some anime watchers...man, they're going through the exact same "Is Bakugou gonna Sasuke?" phase manga readers did. Aaaand it's gonna take at least a couple years until they get to see Bakugou say gently caress off to the league of villains.
If it gets a season 3 at all. If it does however, it'd only be like another year.

Also they haven't even gotten to getting faked out by Iida yet since we're getting the Stain arc likely.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I wanna see more of my favorite character, Yui Kodai.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Hopeford posted:

Bakugou's burning rage this episode was fantastic animated. Also I had forgotten that the scene essentially boils down to two dudes pretty much villain speeching at each other.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Fabricated posted:

If it gets a season 3 at all.

why wouldn't it

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Legs Benedict posted:

why wouldn't it
ratings/bluray sales not being up to snuff.

e: thanks phone

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Apr 22, 2017

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

PMush Perfect posted:

Eraserhead's explanation of the differences between his quirk and Eri's quirk cover this. Tsuyu would still have the physical appearance of a frog girl, but could no longer use her froggy features.

And before anyone asks, Hagakure would still be invisible.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Kuroyama posted:

Eraserhead's explanation of the differences between his quirk and Eri's quirk cover this. Tsuyu would still have the physical appearance of a frog girl, but could no longer use her froggy features.

And before anyone asks, Hagakure would still be invisible.

Would she? Her quirk isn't invisibility, but rather light manipulation. It seems as though her invisibility is just an involuntary use of her quirk.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
In the case of Eraserhead it's a moot point because he needs to be able to see someone to switch off their Quirk. It would be interesting to see how Eri's Quirk would affect Hagakure, though.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Fabricated posted:

ratings/bluray sakes not being up to snuff.

it's one of the most popular WSJ properties nowadays. i don't think it getting additional seasons is at question

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Blu-ray sales for Shonen are pretty much always dogshit, it's all about the advertising

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

MonsterEnvy posted:

It's nothing like Shigaraki's other then the fact they can both kill with a touch.
The big advantage Shigaraki has over Overhaul, if I read things right, is that while Overhaul can disassemble and reassemble anything he maintains contact with, all Shigaraki needs to do is touch something for a split second and it'll start to rot away on its own.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Yeah plus Shigaraki's power takes literally no effort, if he touches something with all five fingers it just happens whether he wants it to or not. Overhaul was sweating up a storm after using his power twice in a row, wasn't he?

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
It's not clear (to me at least) if Overhaul's reaction is a restriction of his actual Quirk or if it's psychological. I lean toward the latter, given his other issues with cleanliness. Either way though, yeah, that does seem to be a limit that Shigaraki doesn't have.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Shigaraki's quirk had to have really sucked to grow up with until he managed to break the previously formed instinct to grab things with all the fingers on your hand. Like you develop a quirk at some point in life after you figure out all the normal coordination stuff so :smith:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Shugojin posted:

Shigaraki's quirk had to have really sucked to grow up with until he managed to break the previously formed instinct to grab things with all the fingers on your hand. Like you develop a quirk at some point in life after you figure out all the normal coordination stuff so :smith:

Well the series implied he may have accidentally killed his dad with it.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Fabricated posted:

The manga's still super popular though, so I'd imagine they'll keep the adaptation going if only to act as advertisement for it.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Iirc aren't Anime adaptations of currently-running works generally treated more as advertising for the source material, rather than as an independent product that needs to succeed on its own? The rules aren't the same as is for Anime original works.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Shugojin posted:

Ochako's quirk has the same activation requirement and I believe she sleeps with gloves on to prevent herself from accidentally triggering them at night.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Hate-Senpai posted:

Ochako's quirk has the same activation requirement and I believe she sleeps with gloves on to prevent herself from accidentally triggering them at night.

it'd be different for shigaraki considering he'd just disintegrate the gloves. he'd have to wear like individual finger gloves haha

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Or like, two-piece gloves. One is like snooker gloves, they cover the middle, index and thumb, and the other half is those gloves you wear so you don't smudge ink with your hand and covers the ring and the pinky.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
That does beg the question on what, exactly, counts as separate objects. If you cut the glove in half and then stitched it back together, would it still count as one object? It's easier with Ochako, because hers is a pretty simple "this arbitrarily-shaped mass now doesn't have gravity any more". With Shigaraki, that raises a lot of questions. Clearly a person is one object, but if they had a pacemaker, would that dissolve, too?

Am I horrendously overthinking a superhero comic aimed at teen boys? You bet your rear end I am!

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
These would be the solution to all of Shigaraki's problems.

Unless he, like, clenched his hand into a fist or something.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

PMush Perfect posted:

That does beg the question on what, exactly, counts as separate objects. If you cut the glove in half and then stitched it back together, would it still count as one object?

If this were JoJo and Shigaraki were a Stand-user that's the exact kind of thing a protagonist would do as a counter-strategy.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Darth Walrus posted:

These would be the solution to all of Shigaraki's problems.

Unless he, like, clenched his hand into a fist or something.

+

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Slime posted:

Would she? Her quirk isn't invisibility, but rather light manipulation. It seems as though her invisibility is just an involuntary use of her quirk.

Her invisibility is unrelated to the use of her quirk. It's like Tokoyami's bird head.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Shugojin posted:

One of my favourite little background pieces is that both Uraraka and Shigaraki can always be seen only holding anything with four fingers or less, even if absolutely no attention is being called to it. It's a fantastic detail.

EDIT: Touching something with all five fingers seems like a reasonably common Quirk activation method so I wonder if Quirk counselling includes little finger training exercises for people born with Bad Touches. Similarly I imagine a lot of self-defence courses in this setting have specific techniques for when you're facing an assailant who you cannot allow to touch you.

ZeroCount fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Apr 23, 2017

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
So, a friend just showed me this. (Warning, it is a tumblr link)

http://natsv.tumblr.com/post/159870129540/omake-for-bnha-ultra-archive-databook-click-on

Is it wrong that I kinda ship it?

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

The idea of breaking my man Kirishima's heart is definetly wrong, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I look forward to the eventual reveal that he was once a doctor that was happily married, but after an accident had to perform surgery on his wife, but ended up performing malpractice because he wasn't allowed to use his quirck as its restricted to heroes legally.

Or something to make him sympathetic.

As for Hagakure, she's going to be hit and look like cousin It, because I can't imagine that cutting ones hair has a big priority when no-one else can see it.

That, it alternatively she changes her hair style everyday, hoping someone comments on how crazy it is.

No-one ever does.