Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Brick is a really great film. Rian Johnson is kind of amazing purely based on that.

(If I had to sell it, I'd describe it as Veronica Mars but really really weird. Funny too -- less funny ha-ha and more funny strange, though.)

It's good. Goons should watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I feel like Jesse or anyone else who survived BB could eventually show up, because the Cinnabon storyline is most definitely leading up to something. There's no reason present day Saul can't have a chance encounter with someone from his past.

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

There are probably people who live in breaking bad's world that say "pollos" really wrong.
I'll be honest, I sometimes forget which pronunciation to use depending on whether I'm in a Mexican or Italian restaurant because it's the same spelling.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
https://streamable.com/tx73m

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

drunken officeparty posted:

You would have to be diagnosable retarded to not think he was the manager

I was going to say "well to be fair maybe they've never gone into a fast food place", but unless you don't know what a manager even is it would be easy to tell that Gus is the man in charge at Los Pollos Hermanos.

Are they wearing a smock, branded polo with name tag and/or a stupid hair or hair net? No? Then they're probably the manager or franchise owner.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I love this show and the acting is superb. I can see how they would have the present day Cinnabon plot lead to a chance encounter. What happened with Walter White at the end of BB? He got on a bus or something?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Blind Rasputin posted:

I love this show and the acting is superb. I can see how they would have the present day Cinnabon plot lead to a chance encounter. What happened with Walter White at the end of BB? He got on a bus or something?

Yes he got on a bus

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Walt made a deal with the DEA, testified against the Aryan Nation, and was put into witness protection in Japan.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

There was never a chick-fil-a near me growing up and I never saw commercials or anything so I said "chick fill uh" until I was like 20.

There are probably people who live in breaking bad's world that say "pollos" really wrong.

I was born and raised in eastern Canada, and we don't have Chick-fil-a there. Until the anti-gay thing happened, and I heard it on the news, I totally thought it was Chick Filluh, and I didn't get it. But Chick-fil-a (Chick fillet) makes more sense.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

That scene where he's driving at night must be the scene they were talking about in the podcast. The parts shot from inside the car are Jonathan banks actually driving and they kept telling him to drive faster because the rain didn't match up with the shot from outside when the car was being towed. He didn't have his glasses and couldn't see.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Blind Rasputin posted:

He became a lumberjack.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
He was out fishing but Hurricane Skyler killed him.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

He became trapped within the Black Lodge and was replaced with a demonic body double known only as "Heisenberg"...

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I was born and raised in eastern Canada, and we don't have Chick-fil-a there. Until the anti-gay thing happened, and I heard it on the news, I totally thought it was Chick Filluh, and I didn't get it. But Chick-fil-a (Chick fillet) makes more sense.

Perhaps but it's still the stupidest excuse for a pun in all of creation.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Oh, agreed. I remember thinking "oh, I get it. Ugh."

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

sticklefifer posted:

I feel like Jesse or anyone else who survived BB could eventually show up, because the Cinnabon storyline is most definitely leading up to something. There's no reason present day Saul can't have a chance encounter with someone from his past.

I'll be honest, I sometimes forget which pronunciation to use depending on whether I'm in a Mexican or Italian restaurant because it's the same spelling.

The Cinnabon encounter should be with someone actually on Better Call Saul. I don't know how that will happen in a way that makes sense to people who only watched this show though, especially at the show's current pace.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Data Graham posted:

Wait, that's a pun? I thought it was just a "cool" way to spell it, like having a hairdressing place called Haircutz

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

ghostwritingduck posted:

The Cinnabon encounter should be with someone actually on Better Call Saul. I don't know how that will happen in a way that makes sense to people who only watched this show though, especially at the show's current pace.

Assuming Kim bails on him sometime this season, it's fairly reasonable to assume that's who it'll be.

Also re: Huell, I'm definitely expecting to see him and the other guy since they were directly working for Saul in BB.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
Rewatching Pushing Daisies on CW Seed and Howard loving Hamlin is the murderer in episode two...

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Wafflecopper posted:

Wait, that's a pun? I thought it was just a "cool" way to spell it, like having a hairdressing place called Haircutz

Maybe it doesn't even qualify, I just mean nobody's ever used the phrase "chick fillet" in my experience. It bewilders me what they thought they were pulling off.

Also my brother says he always thought the logo was a paperclip

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Yes he got on a bus

This made me laugh pretty hard.

Anyhow the whole scene where Jimmy busts into chucks place was top notch. God I hate chuck so much.

Imo best show on television right now.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Chick Fil A is bad because their breading is thick and soggy. If you want decent fast food chicken that doesn't help fund fanatical bigots, go to Raising Cane's.

If you live in College Station/Bryan, go to Lane's. It's the exact same poo poo for half the price.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Chick fil a's breading isn't that thick.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I really don't appreciate Chick-Fil-A's homophobic views....

but they make a real good spicy chicken sandwich and are less than a mile away from my house, so :shrug:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Chick Fil A is bad because their breading is thick and soggy. If you want decent fast food chicken that doesn't help fund fanatical bigots, go to Raising Cane's.

If you live in College Station/Bryan, go to Lane's. It's the exact same poo poo for half the price.
They built a Cane's like 3 blocks from my house recently. It's dangerous. I get it at least once a week now.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Go to Raising Cane's where their breading is even more soggy?

I think the person most likely to see Gene is Kim. She sometimes has a Kansas City Royals shirt on, so she's from the midwest. I don't know if she's said exactly where she's from, the breaking bad wiki doesn't say anything about that. It's possible she's from somewhere in Nebraska near Missouri or anywhere northwest of Kansas City and she ends up going to Omaha for some reason. Then she stops by a mall to get a cinnabon.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

What if the writers made Gus gay in protest of Chick-Fil-A?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
They never specify if the chicken place is a fried chicken place or a fried chicken tender place, maybe they can solve this with another series?

The difference is huge.

Canes > chicfila, coleslaw alone.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Tenzarin posted:

They never specify if the chicken place is a fried chicken place or a fried chicken tender place, maybe they can solve this with another series?

In Breaking Bad Season 3 Episode 9, "Kafkaesque", we see a Los Pollos Hermanos commercial depicting the restaurant's chicken as bone-in rather than filets/tenders. However, this commercial shows whole rotisserie chickens, fading into wings that have been breaded and fried-- two very different cooking methods-- so the canon is not necessarily consistent here.

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

What if the writers made Gus gay in protest of Chick-Fil-A?

Next time, on a very special episode of Better Call Saul

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Tenzarin posted:

The difference is huge.

Canes > chicfila, coleslaw alone.

My head-canon is that Los Pollos Hermanos is basically Pollo Campero. Spicy fried chicken with a bunch of region-specific authentic dishes.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I equate it with El Pollo Loco actually.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
The Franch guy is eating what appears to be some kind of popcorn chicken

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

cool new Polack jokes posted:

The Franch guy is eating what appears to be some kind of popcorn chicken

those are tater tots, pal

we really need a new episode

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Regardless of how its prepared chicken is NOT a breakfast food

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Big Mean Jerk posted:

No way the microwave gets those things crispy! Toaster ovens are king!

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

drunken officeparty posted:

Regardless of how its prepared chicken is NOT a breakfast food

Where?

Chicken biscuits and sweet tea are pretty big down south.

Steak, bacon, pork roll, sausage, but no chicken?

Weird

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Is Gus gay? The chilean dude who got shot at the cartel poop was his lover? Whaaaat?!?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
How do you think Chuck prefers his tots; full size and evenly baked or tiny and burnt? What kind of tater tots can you even make with a camp stove?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Pot of oil + fire = free deepfryer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax

Big Mean Jerk posted: