Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

So for anyone remotely interested in the Netflix series Girlboss, RuPaul plays the sassy neighbor and is flawless, as usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
Found this on good ol Tumblr

Only registered members can see post attachments!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Deathlove posted:

Also after all the chatter I really hope Ru doesn't do the one tic-tac meal at the finale.

Oh god, could you imagine that with top 3 of Sasha, Shea, and Valentina?

Well, at least Sasha and Shea have their unlimited burgers.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Deathlove posted:

Todrick my dude you put patty cake into your choreography

Oh my god and they still hosed it up.

What a bad episode from soup to nuts. Also after all the chatter I really hope Ru doesn't do the one tic-tac meal at the finale.

They haven't done the tic tac thing since season six at least, right? I don't actually remember, but I don't really miss the segment, it never felt really 'real'.

Has anyone posted this yet.

Shea does have that oval office doesn't she?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Bina posted:

Cynthia had the energy for a Lipsync, and Farrah had the words and feelings. That is more than I'd like to say about Farrah. Both should have gone home.

Yeah. Cynthia was given a mother loving second chance, only the second time in Drag Race history, and she doesn't even bother to loving learn the words to a lip sync? Her cucu shtick is tired, and now she is going to pull some Charlie Hides bullshit and barely even try at the lip sync? Gurl, bye.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

endolithic posted:

Nina just tapping out and turning around during this was hilarious.

I aspire to be as unbothered in my daily life as Nina is during Untucked's required argument.

I feel like Cynthia's lack of lipsync ability during the challenge specifically was a language barrier thing. Fast lyrics in a mouth with an accent are always going to look off. (Yes I know there were ones she straight up did not know) It made sense to me since that's ALSO what sent her home back in season 8, joke delivery between languages is hard. The ESL queens tend to get eliminated mostly during acting challenges from what I've seen, as well.
The lipsync though? They're given a week to learn that poo poo there is no excuse.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

Shea does have that oval office doesn't she?
I think I'd follow Shea into battle. What a cool person.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

curiousTerminal posted:

The lipsync though? They're given a week to learn that poo poo there is no excuse.

Half a week. Unless the schedule has changed, they usually bang out two episodes + confessionals in a week, then have the weekend off.

Still, that's plenty of time depending on when they learn what the song for that challenge is. Usually. There was some T this weekend about how the song changed to the Meghan Trainor one last minute-- possibly day of deliberation, I'd have to check-- potentially because one of the Kardashians was supposed to judge but had scheduling conflict. I could dig up the receipts if anybody is interested.

Cucu's lip syncing ability is still fairly suspect, either way, but no wonder she did worse than usual if the song changed last minute.

e: oh, and the only main season we skipped a tic tac lunch was 8. AS2 had them as podcast guests instead, I can't remember if AS1 did the TTL or not so it may just be an All Stars thing to not do it in general.

e2: just for funsies, but like everything else on the show the TTL is inspired by Ru's career https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UUfRJjMLKS4

esperterra fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Apr 23, 2017

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
"Well, Khloe canceled on us, who can we get at the last minute? Like, sort of famous, but not really?"

"Well there's Meghan Trainor, she's probably free, should we style her?"

"Nah just put her in a onesie"

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Pretty much how I imagine it going, except that onesie was aaaaall Meghan, I'm sure.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

esperterra posted:

Cucu's lip syncing ability is still fairly suspect, either way, but no wonder she did worse than usual if the song changed last minute.

Her lip sync was bad in both the song and the challenge but that's just how she rolls. She's never been able to memorize lines or follow blocking, winging it for better or worse is her thing.

e: I do feel like CLF is more polished this season though even if she's running CuCu into the ground so goddamn hard it's about to come out the other side of the earth

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Here's hoping Eureka comes back next season a bit more humble. Plus she'll need to be a bit lighter to continue doing those acrobatics. I won't loving miss her sticking her head back in before the credits, that's blatant attention whoring I can't stand.

When CLF stripped off to her mismatched underwear, it was a bit bye girl desperate/jarring and didn't suit the song. I like CLF but I feel she's not making the most of this rare second chance.

Favs - Sasha & Valentina.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Bina posted:

This is incredible. I'd buy a retelling of a whole season like this.

Speaking of Aja: I felt like her runway was an answer to Valentina's from the fairy tale challenge.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Just saw the episode. JFC CLF get your poo poo together, you're better than that. Act like you've been there, because you have.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

vaginadeathgrip posted:

Excuse me I have something to say! I tell you guys how ugly your poo poo is all the time, it's your fault I look like this! How dare you all!

I really dislike Alexis therefore I really liked half the cast haphazardly trying to deliver "I thought it was... cute" with a straight face.

vaginadeathgrip
Jun 18, 2003

all them bitches can't handle my sassy ass mouth
It's just surprising that NO ONE said are you loving kidding me?

Also after Cynthia's chair eulogy, I forgive her cucu.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I had no idea there were so many Kardashians, I have no idea what makes everyone so mad about Meghan Trainor above any other pop star guest judge (minus Gaga who nailed everything), I'm wearing a 760 High Desert area code hat and I just want Nina to take all of that bitterness and turn it into gently caress You spite that drives her into the top 3.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

vaginadeathgrip posted:

I loved that eulogy.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

Bina posted:

https://youtu.be/kDlO4Vbq-H4

WAIT EVEN BETTER

https://youtu.be/gtizxv031Ls

youcallthatatwist fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Apr 24, 2017

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Yodzilla posted:

Her lip sync was bad in both the song and the challenge but that's just how she rolls. She's never been able to memorize lines or follow blocking, winging it for better or worse is her thing.

I'm inclined to agree. Even in Untucked, her attitude about possibly lip syncing was pretty flazeda. It gave us the chair shair eulogy, so I ain't complaining.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

How can no one love this telenovela fresh from East LA creation???

This moment on Untucked was giving me serious telenovela villain realness and I loved it:

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

vaginadeathgrip posted:

Is it weird that I think that Cynthia excels at basically everything BUT her actual drag? Like ok, her makeup and stuff is always fine, but her runway looks are usually...pretty not great and neither are her lipsyncs, and also she's just never done super great in a challenge.

But then she does hilarious poo poo like the chair eulogy and she's undoubtedly a super great person and helps baby drag queens get started and I can't help but like her.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

The ability to be a seriously focused professional with good people skills is sufficiently rare in the drag world that having those things can more than make up for you being kinda busted. I <3 Cynthia too! We just all know she's not going to make Top 4.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
I hated CLF last season, but drat if she hasn't grown on me. She seems like such a genuinely good human being.

Also, is it just me, or does it feel like everyone this season is competing for Miss Collegiality instead of the crown?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

overseer07 posted:

Also, is it just me, or does it feel like everyone this season is competing for Miss Collegiality instead of the crown?

Not even that. As other people have pointed out, the queens have realized that simply getting on the show gets them a paycheck bump at nightclubs, so they're all just happy to be considered.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

CLF's C. is so strong, it makes up for her lack of u.n.t.

If it weren't so tacky, she could definitely get Miss C this season. However, in the spirit of the title, they'll probably give it to a new queen. Most likely candidates IMO are Valentina, Sasha, and Farrah.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

There's only one miss congeniality in my heart and it's ross matthews, every season forever

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62Y9JuiJXks

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

Farrah is my favorite and I hope she wins.

edit

https://twitter.com/farrahrized/status/856276710521794561

https://twitter.com/farrahrized/status/855775292492840960

dogmother1776 fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Apr 24, 2017

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
I'd put Shea at my top pick. Like, drat girl you're on fire.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Next week looks like Snatch Game. Just from what I can see from the trailer, we are getting:
Shea as Naomi Campbell
Peppermint as Nene Leaks
Someone as Amanda Lepore

Since Sasha seems like the "smartest" of them, and someone who knows their LGBT history and icons, I'm thinking it's probably Sasha as Amanda.

Edit: Could also easily be Farrah, but I don't know if 22 year old naive Farrah would really know her enough to do it well.

Capsaicin fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Apr 25, 2017

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Capsaicin posted:

Next week looks like Snatch Game. Just from what I can see from the trailer, we are getting:
Shea as Naomi Campbell
Peppermint as Nene Leaks
Someone as Amanda Lepore

Since Sasha seems like the "smartest" of them, and someone who knows their LGBT history and icons, I'm thinking it's probably Sasha as Amanda.

Edit: Could also easily be Farrah, but I don't know if 22 year old naive Farrah would really know her enough to do it well.

You can also see that someone is Jasmine Masters, most likely Nina. There's also speculation that Trinity is Amanda, which I can see.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Aphra Bane posted:

You can also see that someone is Jasmine Masters, most likely Nina. There's also speculation that Trinity is Amanda, which I can see.

I saw the name "Masters", but didn't put it together with Jasmine Masters. I could see Trinity as Lepore cause of the plastic surgery thing.

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.

Valentina's smile looks like she got hit with some Joker laughing gas. She's pretty but that smile is kind of creepy.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
I secretly want Valentina to do a shy Micheal Jackson.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Bina posted:

This would be great.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Bina posted:

Oh my god it would be amazing :stare:

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Bina posted:

Good lord, we need to develop time travel for the specific purpose of sending this suggestion back in time to Valentina before the season started filming.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Bina posted:

This artist's Instagram is pretty rad on the whole

https://www.instagram.com/artbycheyne/

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Apr 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot