Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Regrettable posted:

I made this same joke in GBS about two weeks ago except I used bloke instead of oval office. The idiot I was responding to tried to flame me because they didn't get it, so it was nice to see it played out here.

I'm not your mate, bloke? What?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Good to finally find the original author of the joke.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Schlep schlep in your cervix, baby.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

This stuff is delicious.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

When you buy it, you have to give everyone around you an equal share, though, so you don't get much yourself.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

The irony of a probably overpriced Communist themed cash-in gimmick product is amazing

If it's reasonably priced and actually good I take it all back, this is a glorious step towards rekindling the Revolution.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Paladinus posted:

I'm not your mate, bloke? What?

"I'm not your buddy, guy!"

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Crazycryodude posted:

If it's reasonably priced and actually good I take it all back, this is a glorious step towards rekindling the Revolution.

It is all of these things.

Drink well Comrade. :ussr:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Rysithusiku posted:

I remember someone who regularly attended tapings of things like QI and Mock The Week saying that the stuff that makes it on air is about 30% scripted. However they legit have about 2-3hours worth of tape that they make into the other 70% of a 40min show.
Based on what I've seen of Australian shows, generally the only person with an actual script is the host, although the guests will often work their existing material into the show rather than coming up with new jokes on the fly. And there is some stuff cut for appropriateness, but usually only if it's defamatory or racist or something. Most of what's cut is just not funny (which is also why you should never watch the extended versions because there's a good reason that stuff was left out of the shorter version).

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Crazycryodude posted:

The irony of a probably overpriced Communist themed cash-in gimmick product is amazing

back when I drank soda I used to get it occasionally for <$2. it has a couple of other little jokes on it like "Drink comrade! It's this or the Gulag!" but I can't remember any of the others

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

morallyobjected posted:

back when I drank soda I used to get it occasionally for <$2. it has a couple of other little jokes on it like "Drink comrade! It's this or the Gulag!" but I can't remember any of the others

One of the other bottles said "A soda worth waiting in line for."

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Crazycryodude posted:

Counterpoint: Che Guevara shirts.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Laserjet 4P posted:

Counterpoint: Che Guevara shirts.

That's... not really a counterpoint, is it?

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Knowing the government that's probably intentional and no one thought anything of it.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Nordick posted:

That's... not really a counterpoint, is it?

I think bunch of ostensibly progressive dudes wearing a Tshirt with a guy who murdered gay people and thought they were a 'disease of the bourgeois' is pretty ironic.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Maybe they are looking for people who are smart enough to realize everything after jobID=numbers is probably unneeded?

PaulBearer
Jul 23, 2013
Maybe they're looking for someone who is good with OCR software.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Usually that sort of thing is because they're legally required to advertise a particular position, but they've already picked out someone and so they don't actually want any applicants.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
True facts about animals. I laughed so hard I gave myself a headache.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
When did this turn into the PYF Youtube Video thread?

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Roro posted:

I'm glad ZeFrank is still doing stuff. I remember waaaay back in the day when he basically invented the vlog, and made a well edited video uploaded every single weekday. It was a better than most youtubers are now, definitely check out The Show with ZeFrank

edit: holy poo poo that was in 2006

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Roro posted:

Cool, welcome to 2013.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I think bunch of ostensibly progressive dudes wearing a Tshirt with a guy who murdered gay people and thought they were a 'disease of the bourgeois' is pretty ironic.
Yes, it is, my point is that mentioning a similar case of irony than what he was quoting isn't exactly a "counterpoint"

Moon Slayer posted:

Cool, welcome to 2013.
A funny thing is still a funny thing even if it's a few years old, you nonce

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nordick posted:

A funny thing is still a funny thing even if it's a few years old, you nonce

Yeeeeeeah, baby! Behave! Waaaaaaaaazzup?!

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Paladinus posted:

All panel shows are at least 75% scripted. There is some room for improvisation, but not much.

Yeah, *today*. You youngsters are too fresh to remember the wild days of unscripted panel TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5rCInKxSaQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1Cegid0GjQ

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
This looks like an 1820s Ammi Phillips portrait, and if it is, it's worth a shitton of money and has big historical and artistic value. (Source: I am a nerd)

cnut
May 3, 2016

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yeeeeeeah, baby! Behave! Waaaaaaaaazzup?!

LOL!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

MAI WIFE

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

trickybiscuits posted:

This looks like an 1820s Ammi Phillips portrait, and if it is, it's worth a shitton of money and has big historical and artistic value. (Source: I am a nerd)

How is it so much money if the dude couldn't paint necks?

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

TontoCorazon posted:

The painting itself is a tragedy, since the artist spent over a year lovingly detailing the neck, then drew the collar on the shirt too high.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

TontoCorazon posted:

Even with the neck it would've only fetched another stack of dimes

cnut
May 3, 2016

cnut
May 3, 2016

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

And the guy's jacket says "If you can read this I'm getting great gas mileage"

cnut
May 3, 2016

Elsa posted:

And the guy's jacket says "If you can read this I'm getting great gas mileage"

lmao

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

It's funny because it's true.

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Aren't you the guitarist for the feed dogs?

Facebook Aunt posted:

It's funny because it's true.

Crush the establishment, kill and devour the rich, take back that which is rightfully ours.

We should park a guillotine outside of congress to remind them they work for us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

TontoCorazon posted:

Long answer: Phillips was an itinerant, self-taught portraitist who was active for about fifty years. His style developed so much during that time that his work was once thought to have been done by at least three different people. Even at the start of his career his work was attractive and well-composed, and by the 1820s he was able to depict sitters' features with character and accuracy. He is considered one of the most technically adept, prolific, and downright likable American folk painters. This portrait accurately shows the early-19th-century style for tall shirt collars for men, which often dug into the chin and sometimes prevented the wearer from turning his head.
Short answer: gently caress you hitler